(YMMV?) Free one month Playstation + codes (check your e-mail)

xlaxparkax

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I usually don't start threads on CAG, so I'm sorry if I did something wrong.

I'm not sure if this goes here, but since it's PS+ related, I'll post it. Also, I didn't see this posted anywhere on the forums (I used the search bar)

I received an e-mail from Playstation Network, and it seems that they're running a special Xmas promo where they're giving PS3 users a redeemable code for a free month of Playstation Plus, along with two additional codes that you can give to anyone you want. I guess you could trade those codes with other people who have received the same e-mail and stack up to three months of Playstation Plus, but maybe you shoudln't do this (unless it is safe and within the Terms of Use/Service). The codes expire in March 2012.

Anyways, check your e-mail. The subject should read: "Free Games and Discounts for You and Your Friends". Inside, you will find your three codes.

To clarify any doubts, I was not a PS+ subscriber when I received the e-mail, and the only time I used the service was when Sony gave away that free PS+ month, along with the four games as part of their Welcome Back program. After my month was over, I never renewed my subscription, so I guess everyone should receive this e-mail.

385059_10150518048315169_517200168_10775389_1933789722_n.jpg

Edit: Apparently, if you renew your PS+ membership, you get another free month. At least that's what it says on the upper fine print from the e-mail. BTW, I AM NOT TELLING ANYONE TO TRY AND EXPLOIT THIS AND/OR HOARD CODES WITH THIS POST. WHATEVER YOU DO WITH YOUR CODES IS YOUR OWN BUSINESS, ALTHOUGH I WOULD ADVISE AGAINST DOING ANYTHING "SHADY" THAT COULD RUIN THE WHOLE THING FOR EVERYONE. Also, thanks to MICHAEL2414 for posting a better screen cap.

Here's MICHAEL2414's screencap:

9io7f.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, I gave my 2 codes to Smokey6 and SX0T since they sent me the first 2 PMs. Apologies to Gekkoton, Jotamide, Lukami and Platinumstorm.

Edit: Apologies also to admiralvic and Xenogears.

I called Sony about the blank spots for the two friends codes. Said to give it a few days and Sony will send the two codes by email or you can call them and hopefully they will have figured it out by then.

No problem RCS. Like i said, someone on my friends list has their comment as "PS+ ran out :(" Thought a free month from you, to me, to them might cheer em up. Oh well.

And needler420, 3 free months of PS+ is a great deal/freebie. Sure the thread isn't getting a lot of pages yet, and lots are sharing their extra codes like the SONY e-mail is encouraging them to do. But that doesn't mean this deal sucks...

[quote name='Xenogears']No problem RCS. Like i said, someone on my friends list has their comment as "PS+ ran out :(" Thought a free month from you, to me, to them might cheer em up. Oh well.

And needler420, 3 free months of PS+ is a great deal/freebie. Sure the thread isn't getting a lot of pages yet, and lots are sharing their extra codes like the SONY e-mail is encouraging them to do. But that doesn't mean this deal sucks...[/QUOTE]

Well yeah nothing free sucks. Better term would be it sucks compared to the last deal from Sony for the $5.99 psn voucher.

For the people getting use out of it of course its better then nothing. I just meant it wasn't as good as Sony's last promo.

[quote name='needler420']Well yeah nothing free sucks. Better term would be it sucks compared to the last deal from Sony for the $5.99 psn voucher.

For the people getting use out of it of course it better then nothing. I just meant it wasn't as good as Sony's last promo.[/QUOTE]

Really the $$$ value of 3 months of PS+ is 3x the value of the $6 credit. I get what your saying, it's weird that this isn't making as big a splash as the last PSN freebie. I think that it could be because you can't do anything to get this one. It just shows up in your inbox or not, no idea why. The $6 freebie you had to sign up and hope for.

I dunno, this is a really nice deal for those that get it though.

[quote name='Xenogears']Really the $$$ value of 3 months of PS+ is more than $6. I get what saying, it's weird that this isn't making as big a splash as the last PSN freebie. I think that it could be because you can't do anything to get this one. It just shows up in your inbox or not, no idea why. The $6 freebie you had to sign up and hope for.

I dunno, this is a really nice deal for those that get it though.[/QUOTE]

Unlike the $5.99 voucher my guess would be its because you have to have a debit/credit card on you're account. Which is probably why many are giving theirs away unlike the last promo. Either they don't have a debit/credit card or they don't want it linked with their console just to redeem this promo.

Last promo anyone could have redeemed the codes.

As I said in a previous post this deal pretty much leaves minors out right off the bat. I think you need to be 16 for a debit card and 18 for a credit card.

Well if you all don't want your codes.. I'll take them because I have a credit card on my account and I only got one code in my email lol.

[quote name='superhippy1986']Well if you all don't want your codes.. I'll take them because I have a credit card on my account and I only got one code in my email lol.[/QUOTE]

If I got any id be more then happy to give them to you. But I didn't get any lol:cry::booty:

[quote name='needler420']If I got any id be more then happy to give them to you. But I didn't get any lol:cry::booty:[/QUOTE]

Well if Sony fixes this problem like they said I'll give you one of my two codes for friends. I'll just PM you so I don't forget who I said this to.

[quote name='superhippy1986']Well if Sony fixes this problem like they said I'll give you one of my two codes for friends. I'll just PM you so I don't forget who I said this to.[/QUOTE]

I don't have a CC or debit linked on my console. Thanks anyway though.

[quote name='Xenogears']Really the $$$ value of 3 months of PS+ is 3x the value of the $6 credit. I get what your saying, it's weird that this isn't making as big a splash as the last PSN freebie. I think that it could be because you can't do anything to get this one. It just shows up in your inbox or not, no idea why. The $6 freebie you had to sign up and hope for.

I dunno, this is a really nice deal for those that get it though.[/QUOTE]
It's not 'free' if you have to put in cc info and check off to cancel auto renewal before the renewal date. I never had to do that with the free 30 day trial we all received from the welcome back program.

If you notice, once you put in the code and go to the next screen it lists this as a 30 day trial(out of a 3 month PS+ subscription). So they're hoping some dummies won't elect to cancel and forget to take their cc info back out and they'll just roll them over into being a paid PS+ member.

I have a feeling this is gonna be the next ECA fiasco, where gamers are going to have to send certified letters to Sony HQ just to get cancelled after forgetting to cancel. Either that or if God forbid Sony gets hacked AGAIN, then a lot more people will potentially lose their personal info and have to sort out a mess that could've been avoided by making these codes just one time use codes ala the PS+ pre-paid cards.

tl;dr version: It's not free if you have to give up cc info and remember to cancel, which is what you have to do for this. Plus I'm not dumb enough to give Sony my cc info on their network that's already been hacked a couple of times.

It tells you right before you redeem the code that you need to cancel before the 30 days are up. You can cancel the auto renewal immediately after redeeming the code, as well as removing your cc info. This is not another ECA situation, you are blowing this out of proportion. It's no different than any other free trial.

[quote name='Wario64']It tells you right before you redeem the code that you need to cancel before the 30 days are up. You can cancel the auto renewal immediately after redeeming the code, as well as removing your cc info. This is not another ECA situation, you are blowing this out of proportion. It's no different than any other free trial.[/QUOTE]
So then why not just give people the 30 days free like they did with the WB program and forgo having people trust Sony with their personal info? It's still NOT free if I gotta give up my personal info for even a second.

I have my cc attached to my account, and I did use the free month of ps+ from welcome back, but no email (no email for 3 accounts, even!)... Would like 1 code to hold on to for future ps+ deals if possible.

Never got an e-mail for any of my accounts either. Defiantly for a select group. Only used the Welcome Back month and no credit card info gets left on the accounts. Only to enter in quickly to buy something and then removed afterwards. Both check marks are checked as well to receive e-mails from Sony. So beats me, I'm sure this is just completely randomly picked as to who got them or maybe there being sent out in waves.

[quote name='SnoT']Odd mine has the spots for the 2 Friends but no codes are in that spot?[/QUOTE]
Mine too.
[quote name='superhippy1986']I called Sony about the blank spots for the two friends codes. Said to give it a few days and Sony will send the two codes by email or you can call them and hopefully they will have figured it out by then.[/QUOTE]
Will contact them. Thanks.

If/when my "friends" codes come, I'll let them go here.

Guess I'll post too. Someone on my friends list has their comment as "PS+ ran out :(" A 1 month code be nice to give them. I'll tell them its from you, to me, to them. Thanks

Being an older gamer i must not fit the target age group for any electronic or gaming bonus. No BestBuy certificate and no free month from Sony. I gotta start lying about my age when i fill out my personal information :roll:

I got the email with three codes, but don't really care for the Playstation Network.

If any one would like a code toss me a PM and I'll send your way.

[All gone now.]

Talk about a Christmas miracle! I was debating buying three months of PS+, now I can get it for free. I had deleted this email thinking it was just promo for the service, but didn't empty my deleted items. Thanks for posting OP! You just saved me $18!

[quote name='zenquix']I have 3 codes which I am not going to use. If anyone wants them for USD4 each just drop me a pm[/QUOTE]

Rofl, that is pretty pathetic.

[quote name='sneezebu']Rofl, that is pretty pathetic.[/QUOTE]

Perhaps :)

This way I can get something nice for XMas or even give it to charity then let some idiot grab or stack it without thanking the community.

here's an idea..

first 3 ppl to donate to CAG Fund for Child's Play 2011 gets the codes. Just pm me a screenshot after the transfer.

[quote name='zenquix']Perhaps :)

This way I can get something nice for XMas or even give it to charity then let some idiot grab or stack it without thanking the community.

here's an idea..

first 3 ppl to donate to CAG Fund for Child's Play 2011 gets the codes. Just pm me a screenshot after the transfer.[/QUOTE]

I wont be doing this, still hoping to get one free from someone or from Sony in email...but i applaud the idea :applause:

Aw, I have not received the email yet. The only thing I received is a happy holidays from PlayStation, but all it talks about is having a good year lol. If anyone has a code, could you please PM me? :)

[quote name='LakeShow16']Anybody still need a code? I've got one left over.[/QUOTE]
I'd like to try it out.

bread's done
Back