YMMV- Gamestop and Best Buy are receiving NES Classics. UPDATED

blackbeard is fucking awesome!!! do you work at gamestop?
tumblr_n0hi30bs7a1qlegt1o1_250.gif

So anyone looking to get a 2nd official Nintendo controller there is hope, these 2 have been showing up since before the restock announcement so I assuming these are inventory errors.

Providence Center
1410 S. Providence Center Dr Ste A
Cedar City UT 84720

Richland Mall
684 Richland Mall
Mansfield OH 44906

But, a new one just popped up so I don't know if we will see more tomorrow.

Penn Station
5706 SILVER HILL RD STE 44
District Heights MD 20747

So anyone looking to get a 2nd official Nintendo controller there is hope, these 2 have been showing up since before the restock announcement so I assuming these are inventory errors.

Providence Center
1410 S. Providence Center Dr Ste A
Cedar City UT 84720

Richland Mall
684 Richland Mall
Mansfield OH 44906

But, a new one just popped up so I don't know if we will see more tomorrow.

Penn Station
5706 SILVER HILL RD STE 44
District Heights MD 20747
I have a feeling that that is a defective return handled incorrectly. I hope im wrong though

I got the last one available at my store shortly after I saw this thread light up this morning. They were actually holding another one for someone driving like an hour to come get it.  Plus I found a penny guide and someone's debit card that fell between some guides.

Thanks Blackbeard, I was able to get one today thanks to your info. You are a true superstar. Unfortunately it's a birthday present for my sister-in-law so I'm still on the lookout for one of my own.  :-({|=

I really hope everyone can find one of these... my girlfriend and I play the old school games on this and we have such a great time. She is VERY good at Ice Climber... it makes me so happy to see how much fun she has while playing it and watching me play.

Good luck everyone and don't give up if you want one!
Ditto to this. I hacked mine last night and added games like Rampage, which my GF LOVES now. Gonna update the roster of games tonight and it looks like Clusterm has found a way to load 600+ roms now using folders (it can play EU roms as well). Having this little device for ease of access via push of a button to play classic roms was so worth it on my 65". They play flawlessly and having bought some wireless controllers that allow you to return to home screen while on the couch is the perfect setup. Did I mention you can add game genie codes as well? ;)

I can't wait to see if they do this for the SNES because if I can play Chrono Trigger, Mario Kart, and all the oldies this way again -- I'd be in heaven.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got mine! Major props to BB!  I will be donating whenever my college loans come in to show my appreciation. I stood out in the cold ten minutes before the store opened. The employee looked at me weird when he came in to work not knowing why I was there.  He unlocked the door. When I told him what I wanted he said "Didn't you buy one of these already?" I said "No sir, I have been looking for one for a long time (which is true, this is the first one I ever bought). I did trade in credit. He said "I can tell you right now that you won't have enough to cover this." I ended up having enough to cover it. He made a remark that if they did for some reason have that other one left at the end of his shift that he would be taking it home with him. He obviously did NOT want to sell it to me this morning. I got a kick out of it. I am so excited.Thanks again BB! We need to be sure to thank him for his hard work.

He made a remark that if they did for some reason have that other one left at the end of his shift that he would be taking it home with him. He obviously did NOT want to sell it to me this morning.
I saw a lot of after hours inventory fall off last night. It is sad that we have to fight with employees for these.

Well shit, the store I was planning on visiting after work for one dropped off the inventory earlier today. Thanks for saving me a 30 minute drive Blackbeard!

Okay, I'm interested now.
I missed this in my first pass of his patch notes but if you have the 8bitdo nes30 with the X/Y buttons, he added rapidfire capability to these. Basically turns them into an NES advantage sans joystick. These modders have turned a lukewarm piece of nostalgia into a powerhouse of awesome. I couldn't be happier with mine. :D

I missed this in my first pass of his patch notes but if you have the 8bitdo nes30 with the X/Y buttons, he added rapidfire capability to these. Basically turns them into an NES advantage sans joystick. These modders have turned a lukewarm piece of nostalgia into a powerhouse of awesome. I couldn't be happier with mine. :D
I would think that it would let you use X/Y buttons on any other controller that had them as well such as the Wii Classic (oval) controller.

I would think that it would let you use X/Y buttons on any other controller that had them as well such as the Wii Classic (oval) controller.
Oh for sure. Sorry, didn't mean to make it sound like it was the only one.

Kind of funny that all the ones listed for AZ are pretty much where nobody lives.  SMH....they will get to the Phoenix area eventually (I hope)

Ditto to this. I hacked mine last night and added games like Rampage, which my GF LOVES now. Gonna update the roster of games tonight and it looks like Clusterm has found a way to load 600+ roms now using folders (it can play EU roms as well). Having this little device for ease of access via push of a button to play classic roms was so worth it on my 65". They play flawlessly and having bought some wireless controllers that allow you to return to home screen while on the couch is the perfect setup. Did I mention you can add game genie codes as well? ;)

I can't wait to see if they do this for the SNES because if I can play Chrono Trigger, Mario Kart, and all the oldies this way again -- I'd be in heaven.
I'm not trying to derail this amazing thread, but is there a site explaining how to this exactly for people that have no idea what they're doing? I'm happy with the 30 it came with but if I can get 600+ on there easily without messing anything up then that's a no-brainer.

I'm not trying to derail this amazing thread, but is there a site explaining how to this exactly for people that have no idea what they're doing? I'm happy with the 30 it came with but if I can get 600+ on there easily without messing anything up then that's a no-brainer.
looks like it was just announced. And also mention of a broken version, might wanna wait till more do it or more stable versions come out.

Wow I'm surprised there still is no stock around the Los Angeles area, let alone the whole of California has seen next to nothing. The local store that got 3 yesterday was the only store in 200 miles of me that got any.

It's incredibly simple thanks to the tool that modders have slowly developed. All you need to do is download the roms you want, hook your NES classic up to your computer, and run the tool that guides you through the whole process. If you're not sure about it, there's plenty of youtube guides that can ease your nerves. Quite honestly, it was the simplest modding I've ever done and worked like a charm.

looks like it was just announced. And also mention of a broken version, might wanna wait till more do it or more stable versions come out.
That was the pre-release which was patched maybe six hours ago, so it's already fixed.

It's incredibly simple thanks to the tool that modders have slowly developed. All you need to do is download the roms you want, hook your NES classic up to your computer, and run the tool that guides you through the whole process. If you're not sure about it, there's plenty of youtube guides that can ease your nerves. Quite honestly, it was the simplest modding I've ever done and worked like a charm.

That was the pre-release which was patched maybe six hours ago, so it's already fixed.
Thanks for all that! Not that I would anticipate ever wanting to go back, but is there a way to go back to the original factory settings if there ends up being any issues? Or is this pretty much a slam dunk to be reliable since the console is offline?

Kind of funny that all the ones listed for AZ are pretty much where nobody lives. SMH....they will get to the Phoenix area eventually (I hope)
ONe thing you can do call up the gamestop that has one and make sure they have it. Then call your homestore have it shipped there and then you can pick one up.

I got mine! Major props to BB! I will be donating whenever my college loans come in to show my appreciation. I stood out in the cold ten minutes before the store opened. The employee looked at me weird when he came in to work not knowing why I was there. He unlocked the door. When I told him what I wanted he said "Didn't you buy one of these already?" I said "No sir, I have been looking for one for a long time (which is true, this is the first one I ever bought). I did trade in credit. He said "I can tell you right now that you won't have enough to cover this." I ended up having enough to cover it. He made a remark that if they did for some reason have that other one left at the end of his shift that he would be taking it home with him. He obviously did NOT want to sell it to me this morning. I got a kick out of it. I am so excited.Thanks again BB! We need to be sure to thank him for his hard work.
What a douche bag. You should have winked at him every time he was proven wrong. Then you should have kissed the box in front of him and asked him if he was jealous after you bought it.

Thanks for all that! Not that I would anticipate ever wanting to go back, but is there a way to go back to the original factory settings if there ends up being any issues? Or is this pretty much a slam dunk to be reliable since the console is offline?
For sure, you can always flash the original kernel back using the tool and if you're worried about bricking your NES, don't: even if something goes wrong, you can just flash the memory again. It would take way more to break this thing, like something physical. ;)

I tried to use the hackachi hack but am having problems since I have a mac.  Wine bottler will open the windows file-hackachi, but then it needs to install the drivers and there is no way around it if you have a mac, because wine bottler doesn't support this. Anyone have any ideas?

that doesn't mean there can't be other problems, I'm just saying it's new and might wanna wait to see what people say next few days.
A few users have already tested the new kernel and posted videos of it working just fine. People seem pretty happy and excited with the new build so far!

I tried to use the hackachi hack but am having problems since I have a mac. Wine bottler will open the windows file-hackachi, but then it needs to install the drivers and there is no way around it if you have a mac, because wine bottler doesn't support this. Anyone have any ideas?
Virtualbox with a Windows VM

bread's done
Back