YMMV- Gamestop and Best Buy are receiving NES Classics. UPDATED

I don't have beef with GameStop employees keeping some stock for themselves. Seems like a rough job and the pay can't be great. Also I've overheard those employees get held responsible if they take in bad trades. There should be some benefit to the folks working there.

I'm so hurt that they sold for so low today😭😭 I've had 6 people respond to my Facebook post in the last 30 mins
I had an NES classic remote controller posted on Amazon, for $40 brand new, but luckily some guy messaged me asking if it was an original and reminded me I needed to delete my listing.

I also have an NES classic mini brand new in box that's just been sitting in my closet, and I was actually contemplating selling it sometime last month. Lucky me I didn't, but I think I'll keep it tucked away for a couple years and see what it's worth.

I don't have beef with GameStop employees keeping some stock for themselves. Seems like a rough job and the pay can't be great. Also I've overheard those employees get held responsible if they take in bad trades. There should be some benefit to the folks working there.
This is pretty backwards and corrupt thinking, even though it's supposed to be well-intentioned. If everybody ran with this kind of philosophy the US would be a shithole. Not okay, honestly.

Fake news on discontinuation possibly.

Gamestops stock has 25% of shares shorted, but continues to hold a floor of $22. One day it could short squeeze.

https://www.tradingview.com/chart/?symbol=bats:gme

What if news were to come out that that Gamestop had licensed the NES Classic and it will be exclusive retailer to carry it. Stock then goes up 200% and Pres. Trump invites CEO Raines to the white house to commend what an excellent American company Gamestop is.

Everybody wins except the Wall St. short sellers and eBay flippers.

I unexpectedly sold my last unit on Amazon. I forgot I had it listed but I don't have one for myself. I hate to do this but I'm going to have to cancel somebody else's order and keep a piece of NES history and a retain a piece of my childhood.

GameStop believes that allowing you to work there is the benefit. The only people that move up are the ones willing to call shady work good work. Place is a joke.

I unexpectedly sold my last unit on Amazon. I forgot I had it listed but I don't have one for myself. I hate to do this but I'm going to have to cancel somebody else's order and keep a piece of NES history and a retain a piece of my childhood.
Hopefully the buyer you stiff will leave you negative feedback as a reward for your fine business practices.

I'd rather have negative feedback than not have an extremely rare console. I weighed that in my head too. Hopefully I won't lose sleep about it tonight...
I'm surprised you waited to experience some childhood fed nostalgia. I finally scored one at target and really don't care how high in value this goes..............way too awesome to sell it.

3 of my local stores had a few restocks and even having inside knowledge of when they got them I still never was able to walk in a store and buy one due to this. Luckily a fellow CAG had extras and hooked me up. When I waited 8 hours for the Switch because I forgot to preorder one I found out they also held back Nintendo Switch swag bags intended for customers in line.

Last edited by a moderator:
A Walmart within 30 miles of me shows having 3 in stock on Brickseek (and Walmart.com showing something other than "Sold Out" at that location). I was debating heavily on just driving the 25ish miles to see for myself, but knowing my luck and the fact that driving for any extended period of time is usually hell for me, I decided to call first. Naturally, when asked, the guy said they haven't had any in quite a while.

Of course, the guy could be lying, but at this point, seeing multiple units at one location would be extremely rare, So, I'll just say it's bad inventory and hope there is at least one more shipment at a GS or Walmart closer to me.

I just bought one from a Craigslister for $130 to flip to Ebay. The dude had a beard down to his crotch and said he didn't mind rellling them because not everyone is internet savvy enough to track one down. I nodded and smiled.

So listed mine used and open on eBay for $275. Already got 2 offers at $200 and $185. Countered both so will see what happens.

Edit: don't know how I feel about potentially selling to someone named isismom lol. Has 768 feedback though.

I never did find new controllers :(
Let's be honest, the NES controllers are just about the worst controllers ever made, and I think "N" makes excellent controllers 90% of the time. Trust me, I put my mini controller away as soon as I was able, as those thing hurt like hell for any length of time. Then the cable they give you just screams "cheap", as it's 2 1/2 feet long I believe, which is all but useless in any normal situation.

I personally recommend the wireless MyArcade brand controllers. The form factor is nothing great(maybe a slight step up from the original), but the wireless works well, and it also allows you to reset the system from the controller. When Walmart had that 1 week Classic sale each day during the holidays, I was able to score one controller and I sold it on Ebay for $79. A $10 plus tax controller, sold for the cost of my Classic. Your damn right I sold that thing ASAP. I recommend anyone else here do the same for their mini. Maybe it's worth a thousand one day, but a solid $400-$500 right now, is a damn good flip for a $70 purchase.

Ok so someone bought it at $275. They only have 15 positive feedback across the past year. Would you sell to this person or just relist?

3 of my local stores had a few restocks and even having inside knowledge of when they got them I still never was able to walk in a store and buy one due to this. Luckily a fellow CAG had extras and hooked me up. When I waited 8 hours for the Switch because I forgot to preorder one I found out they also held back Nintendo Switch swag bags intended for customers in line.
you ever get that bag?

Ok so someone bought it at $275. They only have 15 positive feedback across the past year. Would you sell to this person or just relist?
15 positive feedback isn't bad, they might just not be a frequent buyer. I'd go ahead and sell it if $275 is what you were looking for.

I have 5 that I've been holding onto for a day like today. About to list them and hope I can get $350 a pop. If not, I'm willing to wait. Can't see this going down in value, especially as more people get the news of the discontinuation

15 positive feedback isn't bad, they might just not be a frequent buyer. I'd go ahead and sell it if $275 is what you were looking for.

I have 5 that I've been holding onto for a day like today. About to list them and hope I can get $350 a pop. If not, I'm willing to wait. Can't see this going down in value, especially as more people get the news of the discontinuation
Yea since it was opened I figured I would list it at the lower end. I'm happy with $275 haha. Probably could have gotten a flat $300 if I tried.

I've sold high $$$ items to plenty of buyers with 0 feedback, never had any issues. The one time a buyer try to fraud me he had 200 something feedbacks.

damn, these nes classic are going for $300 plus... time to say "ByeBye to my little old friend".  For $140, I won't sell but $300 is a no brainer. 

I never saw one in stock at any of the local stores here. Tons on Craigslist, so that's probably where they all went. Figured I'd eventually find one but guess not now.

If anyone wants to trade one for my NIB Breath of the Wild Special Edition, I'd really be grateful.

When a collection of 30 30yr old games on cheap hardware goes for the same price as a brand new Switch and Nintendo won't make more, they should rethink their strategies.

I'll put this in my book. Thanks!

a couple listings showed up on ebay an hour or two ago for $130-140

not gonna trust these
I wouldn't worry too much. A) eBay is great -- overly protective even -- at taking care of its buyers and B) the Classic was selling for $140 s day ago and some people probably haven't wisened up to the news.

Update: I slept well after pounding my wife.
56550752.jpg

bread's done
Back