YMMV- Gamestop and Best Buy are receiving NES Classics. UPDATED

Possible restock coming to some Best Buys. Stores being told to hold them till April 24th (according to my source)

65e37a2610946aaa030e3bc357f2d89b.jpg
Can I get the sku?

I got shafted yesterday at target for a NES Classic. Stood in line at 6:00 am 3rd person in line. Manager tells us there is 5 units, homeboy in front calls his buddies that drive up and cut the line. Told the manager he told me they had been waiting, I retorted I just watched them drive up and park. He replied oh I didn't know that.

I swear the selling of this device by brick and mortar has been so shady. Nintendo dropped the ball on this really bad. This device could have saved that company not the switch.

I got shafted yesterday at target for a NES Classic. Stood in line at 6:00 am 3rd person in line. Manager tells us there is 5 units, homeboy in front calls his buddies that drive up and cut the line. Told the manager he told me they had been waiting, I retorted I just watched them drive up and park. He replied oh I didn't know that.

I swear the selling of this device by brick and mortar has been so shady. Nintendo dropped the ball on this really bad. This device could have saved that company not the switch.
Yeah I would've caused a big scene over that.

That sucks but hard to fault the manager over that one. It's your word vs the guy in front of you. That guy in front is the one who screwed you.

That's fucked up, but you have to cause a ruckus to stop this kind of shit from happening. People will only do as much as they can get away with. Was the second guy not willing to back you up?

That's fucked up, but you have to cause a ruckus to stop this kind of shit from happening. People will only do as much as they can get away with. Was the second guy not willing to back you up?
It was the second guy that did it. I feel from the response i got from the manager that he knew the guys. From his mannerism's to the tone he was using it just had shady written all over it. I call corporate told them about the situation as they should have done a ticketing system, which he should have gave when he came back and said they had 5. if that would have happened everything would have been fine as they weren't present in the line so i would have gotten a ticket. Corporate then called the store with me on the other line and apparently the manager said he did a ticketing system. Sounds like they are covering their asses.

Worst part is, I am willing to bet they are just reselling theirs and not getting the entertainment from the system.

My apologies you had to go through that. I know its just a piece of plastic but stuff like this really annoys me.

I don't normally support witch hunting, but this is the kind of shit where I would photograph them and spread it online

you gotta stand up for yourself dude. That shit doesn't fly if you explain yourself properly, and loudly.

Last edited by a moderator:
you gotta stand up for yourself dude. That shit doesn't fly if you explain yourself properly, and loudly.
He described one as "homeboy" so they were probably negroes, and thus obviously carrying 10 concealed weapons each. Possibly blaring that damn hippity-hop out of their car as they pulled up.

getting an NES Classic sounds like a total train wreck at this point, not gonna even bother trying to deal with the scumlords that come out of the woodwork and pull crap like above

Has anyone purchased a NES Classic at Best Buy and still have the receipt? I am trying to make sure the SKU on the receipt is the same as on the website which is 5389100. I have reason to believe it is not. I ask because I can possibly get exact locations with exact numbers for everyone if I have the right SKU.

Has anyone purchased a NES Classic at Best Buy and still have the receipt? I am trying to make sure the SKU on the receipt is the same as on the website which is 5389100. I have reason to believe it is not. I ask because I can possibly get exact locations with exact numbers for everyone if I have the right SKU.
That is the right sku.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just thought it was funny, it sounded like a guy on an old episode of Law and Order talking about what a menace The Blacks are or something.
If I remember correctly, that was the "Rage" episode, and that was one of my favorites actually. I partially got the reference if that is the one you where referring to, and I also figured it was a joke as well.

They were supposed to go to the back of the line if they showed up that late. You should have caused a scene and complained even recorded it on your phone to make a video go viral, you could have cashed in on that.

I was at a Target in Brooklyn today waiting, they only had 3 NES Classics with 7 people waiting and some Asian guy who just showed up late skipped the whole line, guy waiting since 3 AM was pissed. Thankfully the employees were smart and knew who was waiting and would have check the security camera. One employee even verified that he saw me waiting. Unfortunately the 3 guys in front were there before me, so I didn't get anything. It was worth a shot but oh well. Next time you have to call people out on that, I know it can be intimidating especially if its a group of guys who can start trouble, but complain to the manager and tell them to view security footage.

I took the NES Classic as my absolute, last final straw with Nintendo. fuck em. I won't buy anything else by them again. I'm just one jaded gamer, but they won't have anymore of my jaded money. The bed was thoroughly shit, with the NES Classic.

I took the NES Classic as my absolute, last final straw with Nintendo. fuck em. I won't buy anything else by them again. I'm just one jaded gamer, but they won't have anymore of my jaded money. The bed was thoroughly shit, with the NES Classic.
Agreed. It was a complete disaster that brought out the worst in people. NES Classic turned employees into absolute lying scumbags and customers into reselling cut throat vultures. And for what? To dump them on eBay for profit. Horrible. It's Nintendo's fault. They need to get out of the hardware industry and just do software only in my opinion.

I love how Nintendo is the devil now because they choose to stop selling their own product that isn't a need for your livelihood. Oh these first world problems.

haha I love these Nintendo tantrums.

"I love Nintendo but they're never getting another cent from me." i.e. "I can't have something so I dun want it anymore!"

"Take my money Nintendo!! How come you hate money so much and fail at business?!"

You hear it from literally everyone, especially used to hear it a lot from people waiting in line for amiibos. It's funny to hear someone exclaiming how Nintendo sucks at everything while that person is waiting in line for a Nintendo product.

Loving Nintendo is like loving chocolate.  It's incredible while you're riding the rush but at the same time it's making you fat and you hate it simultaneously.

haha I love these Nintendo tantrums.

"I love Nintendo but they're never getting another cent from me." i.e. "I can't have something so I dun want it anymore!"

"Take my money Nintendo!! How come you hate money so much and fail at business?!"

You hear it from literally everyone, especially used to hear it a lot from people waiting in line for amiibos. It's funny to hear someone exclaiming how Nintendo sucks at everything while that person is waiting in line for a Nintendo product.
My wishful thinking scenerio: Nintendo produces these minis as seasonal items.

I have a euro version from the mrs. but I'm too chicken heart to update the hack (I almost ruined it last time I tried to download more than 130 games) so if I had a backup I would be more inclined to attempt it again.

Agreed. It was a complete disaster that brought out the worst in people. NES Classic turned employees into absolute lying scumbags and customers into reselling cut throat vultures. And for what? To dump them on eBay for profit. Horrible. It's Nintendo's fault. They need to get out of the hardware industry and just do software only in my opinion.
Yes, Nintendo controls people's actions.

People do it to themselves, not Nintendo.

I love how Nintendo is the devil now because they choose to stop selling their own product that isn't a need for your livelihood. Oh these first world problems.
The real problem for anyone looking to keep one are the people shelling out $200+ for these on ebay.

I Still have mine I got in November, only played it twice! I Legit don't know who has the time to play any of these games in this day and age because they're hard as fuck and everyone on this site has a backlog.

Totally agree. I would like to have gotten a Classic to be able to play NES games with decent emulation, but Nintendo really shit the bed on this one by not supplying enough product to meet demand, leaving the door open for scalpers to hoard them and sell for stupid amounts of money. I hope Nintendo fails soon, so someone else can take over their back catalog of games and do them justice.

I used to be a huge supporter of Nintendo's products, but I'm done with them for good. I'm actually in the process of liquidating a huge retro collection, including tons of mint (and even some brand new) NES, SNES, and N64 games. Even had brand new sealed copies of Super Mario Bros 2, Wild Guns, Final Fight 3, Super Ghouls and Ghosts, Super Turrican 2, R-type 3, Gradius III, Zombies Ate My Neighbors, etc. I even have two brand new translucent N64 consoles, one Fire Orange and one Lime Green.

I'd love to be able to play all these old classics, with high quality emulation, on a modern, feature-rich console. I'd pay good money for physical compilation releases of these classics, or even digital compilations that are well emulated (not like the horrible VC versions, which feature dim, dark, fuzzy graphics and poor sounds). But Nintendo appears to be unable to deliver, so someone else should really just take over their assets (especially from the NES, SNES, snd N64 eras) make an effort to get them properly released on solid consoles.

I'd love to be able to play all these old classics, with high quality emulation, on a modern, feature-rich console. I'd pay good money for physical compilation releases of these classics, or even digital compilations that are well emulated (not like the horrible VC versions, which feature dim, dark, fuzzy graphics and poor sounds). But Nintendo appears to be unable to deliver, so someone else should really just take over their assets (especially from the NES, SNES, snd N64 eras) make an effort to get them properly released on solid consoles.
Since online first became a thing for console gaming, I always looked forward to "N" and what they would offer, as they have probably the richest history of past games out of anyone in gaming. Sadly, I realized awhile back, they just aren't up to the task of offering these games properly, and at a decent price.

While I didn't agree with the Classics retail cost, I did find it to be a quality product in regards to emulation, and once user upgraded, I've actually stated it is worth the asking price and then some. But I have little to no understanding of if this was "limited", why even bother at all?

It seems to me, producing a larger qty of N3DS for the holidays, would have made more sense, as that is a long term product, but those where long gone before Christmas, as was the classic, so for a company that probably does most of their annual sales during the holidays, they failed on many levels with many products.

@Chimpmeister

Wow, you've got some killer items in your collection, good luck selling all that stuff, but you should make some damn good money, as you have some really rare pieces. Wild Guns is hands down my favorite hidden gem title of the SNES catalog.

I just thought it was funny, it sounded like a guy on an old episode of Law and Order talking about what a menace The Blacks are or something.
That's interesting. I always say "homeboy" or "homie" but in an ironic sorta way.

Rofl dude

When a company says "screw the consumer, we don't need their money anyway" then yes, they're "the devil" - ESPECIALLY when that company continually underproduces enough product so that a large percentage of inventory ends up in the hands of scalpers.

And you said "THEIR product" as if, because it's theirs, they're allowed to do anything with it and no one is allowed to criticize them. This sounds similar to the crap I see on facebook where, when someone in the public spotlight says something horrible, the supporters come out and believe freedom of speech means you're allowed to say any horrible thing they want without consequence.

Only a little bit longer. Unfortunately, the Wii gave them so much extra cash that'll it'll be awhile before they finally sputter out of the market.

bread's done
Back