YMMV- Gamestop and Best Buy are receiving NES Classics. UPDATED

Haven't camped out in a while but it was stay home and watch TV for camp out and watch TV (on my tablet). Decided to camp. I was the first person here and just stayed in my car. Another guy shows up and heads for the door. I beat him to it and now I'm in the cold. Damn people, just stay in your car and hold out.

Haven't camped out in a while but it was stay home and watch TV for camp out and watch TV (on my tablet). Decided to camp. I was the first person here and just stayed in my car. Another guy shows up and heads for the door. I beat him to it and now I'm in the cold. Damn people, just stay in your car and hold out.
I feel you on that. My store has 7 though, so my ass is staying in the car even if one or two other people get here and in line.

How can I check if my store has units? I have been waiting but no one has showed up yet and I'm worried
There's no way to check externally, to my knowledge. I'd check for you but I can't access RSS from outside the store.

Since I woke up at 2am and couldn't get back to sleep I'm in line now. Got here at 644, and I'm tenth. 8th if I get the cops to remove the guy and his mom who are smoking. Store has 16, so i should be good.

What you guys mean about no display? Where I can check that?
If you go to Best Buy's website and search for the nes classic and enter your zip it brings up a list of stores. Some say on display others do not. The store I'm waiting at confirmed to me they will have them despite the website saying not on display.

If you go to Best Buy's website and search for the nes classic and enter your zip it brings up a list of stores. Some say on display others do not. The store I'm waiting at confirmed to me they will have them despite the website saying not on display.
Not sure what they're basing that on. I know for a fact most stores in my district got them, so it saying there are none "on display" within 250 miles is grossly inaccurate.

51ec1b66e8f6cd9c0a18ac5d1bd01a3e.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Dammit, we don't know how many there are and I'm the 10th in line. We'll see how it goes hopefully I haven't wasted my time.
I don't agree with our policy on that. If a store knows they only have 10, for example, and see there are 30 people that have been waiting in line outside for hours, just cut the dead weight and let them know so they can go home or to work or whatever. No reason to string people along.

I don't agree with our policy on that. If a store knows they only have 10, for example, and see there are 30 people that have been waiting in line outside for hours, just cut the dead weight and let them know so they can go home or to work or whatever. No reason to string people along.

That's what I'm saying! Just tell me so I can leave and sleep or something. I hope our store was one of the ones that got 16 though. Really didn't expect 9 people here 4 hours before open but I guess that's on me.

I arrived at Best Buy at around 7:30. I'm 7th in line. And it's raining here. 8 people in line total right now.

Update: 8:35 now. 11 in line.

At the Best Buy store in Iselin NJ. I'm 11th in line. Was here at 5 and no one was here so I went home since I'm only 5 mins away. Are all store supposed to get 16? Is that the trend?

At the Best Buy store in Iselin NJ. I'm 11th in line. Was here at 5 and no one was here so I went home since I'm only 5 mins away. Are all store supposed to get 16? Is that the trend?
Are you last in line right now? My brother was about to head to that store, I'm over in union and we have 10 people in line and someone said we are getting a dozen

Went to the Avon (West Indianapolis) store and they gave out the last NES ticket to the person who beat me there by under a minute. They said the Greenwood store had a bunch though, so I'm camping out here til they open.

Shit at this rate when the SNES Classic comes out I'll make sure I pre order 2 of them as soon as they become Available. Nintendo is the worst with stock for some reason

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just arrived... I'd say that of the 12 people in front of me, 10 are scalpers -_-

Just got a ticket. I was 7th in line. I'm guessing my store got 10 because it looked like the first 10 in line got tickets.

Store just announced they only had 8. I didn't get one but seeing the disappointment on all these scalpers was pretty funny tbh lol

Got my ticket when they handed them out at 830. Two people in front of me didn't want a ticket, not sure who the first was but the dirtball in front of me didn't have his mom that drove him there get a ticket.

I live in the DMV... It doesn't take a genius to recognize who looks like a scalper. Nice try, though.
Where in the DMV are you? I was thinking of sneaking out of work at 9:40 to check the scene, but this thread makes it sound pointless. I'd be going to the Germantown best buy.

Where in the DMV are you? I was thinking of sneaking out of work at 9:40 to check the scene, but this thread makes it sound pointless. I'd be going to the Germantown best buy.
NOVA. Potomac Yards was my sleeper for having it. Heard some dude say Springfield mall was out already. I assume the same for the rest.

Showed up, waited 10 minutes and got a ticket .
Only 7 consoles in hand, I got lucky l.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

God dammit just went to three Best Buy's. First had only 5, 10th in line. Second had 7, was 8th. Got to 3rd store and tickets already handed out, only 10 but I'm gonna wait here til they open bc I heard they got around 16 here. Don't know if BBY would've held tickets back

bread's done
Back