YMMV- Gamestop and Best Buy are receiving NES Classics. UPDATED

I given up on this crap two months ago. I have better things to do than camp out 6+ hours to obtain one and be told sorry we don't have any. I blame Nintendo 100% for not making these available everywhere. I guess that they would rather have some scalper get $300+ dollars on EBay than selling their newly released Nintendo Switch. Who's winning...? Scalpers. Who's losing...? Nintendo and people paying $300+ for their NES Classic Edition.

do u guys think people should be allowed to hold spots? This guy's friend showed up and wentertainment to meet his friend cutting half the line. no one else said anything but I don't know what his deal is

I'm 50/50 on spot holding. Depends on situation. Also to those saying scalpers win. They only win if people pay those prices. If we all don't and the return period comes up for the item. Then they will return the item thus allowing people to buy at MSRP.

Last edited by a moderator:
Showed up at Arundel Mills as they were opening the door. Only 3 people in line and a bunch of people in their cars. I thought I got lucky, turns out they handed tickets out at 9am. 

I read an article somewhere that Amazon Prime Now will be randomly stocking them throughout the week. I'll try there. 

Guys who got tickets looked nothing like what I would expect. Must be pro flippers. This store only got 7 units and those who got tickets lined up before 8 am.

Store 404 thanks

Enigma, can you check store #846? Thanks!

could you check store #542, #122, and #1044 please sir? You only need to check the 1st one listed if your to busy
22, 0 (but 22 are listed as there but unavailable), 22

Can you check store 820 and/or store 532

Store 3209, 9130 and 5033 please and thanks
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These don't appear to be valid store numbers.

Store 0199 please???

Store 142 and 851 please, thanks in advance!
14, 0 (but 19 are listed as there but unavailable)

Store 1782 please. Thanks in advance!

do u guys think people should be allowed to hold spots? This guy's friend showed up and wentertainment to meet his friend cutting half the line. no one else said anything but I don't know what his deal is

If there's enough for everyone in line at that given time, it's annoying (as it makes people behind them nervous) but allowable I'd say if they do indeed have enough.

If they took someone else's that was waiting longer that's not acceptable. The Line (with a capital L) needs to administer its own justice here.

When I check the store locator and look in the address bar at the end, it says these store numbers
I even googled Gamestop and then the store numbers I've provided and it showed them.

22, 0 (but 22 are listed as there but unavailable), 22

These don't appear to be valid store numbers.

14, 0 (but 19 are listed as there but unavailable)

I think it's only ok to  hold a spot if a someone drop off an elderly or someone that needs assistance to the line, then after the person finds parking only then they could get in line.   O:)

Thanks Enigma. Can you also check store 1018?

Enigma, can you check Store 135 please? Thank you

When I check the store locator and look in the address bar at the end, it says these store numbers
I even googled Gamestop and then the store numbers I've provided and it showed them.

What are the locations? No promises but I'll try to track them down.

Could you check store 383? Thank you!

BOTTOM LINE IS SCALPERS WIN...NINTENDO LOSES.

Ebay the NES Classic Editions are selling for $300+ each.

That's the cost of (6) NES Classic Editions  or (1) Nintendo Switch at retail MSRP price.  

Who's winning?

I had debated getting in on this, but after seeing this thread. Glad I didn't. 4 or 5 at some locations? Screw that noise.

Just scored one.....for my mom! She will probably only use it a handful of times :(    My store handed out tickets kind of late at 8:24, we had about 20-25 people in line and they handed out 16 tickets. I also picked up the only insignia controller they had in the store. I ordered  2 of them for myself this morning. off to bed now. I hope the real gamers were able to pick one up today.

damn my store has 22. I work like a mile from the store and at 530am when i drove by i saw 5 people in line. im going to take my lunch early at 8am and see if i can get one!

What's the point in getting these now since they just announced a newer, better version of it is coming out later? Unless you just want one to be done with it since I can't blame you there.

bread's done
Back