YMMV- Gamestop and Best Buy are receiving NES Classics. UPDATED

Store 105 thanks!

[font='proxima-nova', helvetica, arial, sans-serif]1769 and 873[/size][/font]
19, 21

Can you check if 584 has any remaining? Thanks!

store 774 please

Store 1018 please

Can someone check how many store 150 has? Thanks

Store 289 pleease and thanks in advance!

Just scored one.....for my mom! She will probably only use it a handful of times :( My store handed out tickets kind of late at 8:24, we had about 20-25 people in line and they handed out 16 tickets. I also picked up the only insignia controller they had in the store. I ordered 2 of them for myself this morning. off to bed now. I hope the real gamers were able to pick one up today.
Which store did you go to?

You people asking about stores: if you haven't already gone to line up, you're probably too late.
This is really the truth. Store I got to at 6:44 AM had over 16 people in line by 8AM.

Thanks e. Misses said she is the 20th person but they only have 19 in that store. Lol man she's gonna be pissed. Hopefully they got unaccounted extras, at least 5 more lol

What's the point in getting these now since they just announced a newer, better version of it is coming out later? Unless you just want one to be done with it since I can't blame you there.
Where is this official Nintendo announcement?

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Just got mine luckily. Waited since 5:30am just to be sure since I wasn't doing anything. Someone else was apparently coming every 30 minutes but when he saw us he headed to the door. We beat him to the first 2 spots though.

The manager didn't hand out tickets till 15 minutes before the store opened. People in line asked multiple times for him and the staff to hand out tickets or tell them how many were there. He didn't and played it off as if they didn't know. Low and behold the line hits 40 people before he hands out tickets and people leave pissed and cussing him out. I don't blame them either. They only had 7 tickets. When he came out to say they were limited 30 minutes before the store opened, people asked how many again and just repeated, "really limited".

Jackass. Glad I got mine but feel sorry for those that waited 2+ hours for nothing.

Last edited by a moderator:
I lucked out because my wife was off work today. She went to our closest Best Buy (Bel Air, MD) and got there around 8:40, just as they were starting to hand out vouchers. She got in line and got #11 out of 12 vouchers. She just got home with mine. Yay!

She told me when she got there a woman was just sitting in her car in the parking lot. At least one guy was in a tent and had camped out since last night. Well, as she's walking up to get in line this younger guy gets dropped off by the MTA bus near the store and sprints across the parking lot and gets in line behind my wife, as the lady from the car is just mosying up to the front of the store. So the sprinter gets the last voucher and Ms. Taking My Time gets left out. Ha.

BOTTOM LINE IS SCALPERS WIN...NINTENDO LOSES.

Ebay the NES Classic Editions are selling for $300+ each.

That's the cost of (6) NES Classic Editions or (1) Nintendo Switch at retail MSRP price.

Who's winning?
Both since the seller makes money, and Nintendo still sells out all their products and thus are also making money.

It isn't official news. It's official rumored news. Rumor is N is making the snes classic edition for this year's holiday season. That's basically it. Nintendo hasn't said anything official themselves, to the public yet.
Yeah, I know about that. When he referred to it as newer/better I read that as a new NES Classic, not a different console.

Yeah, I know about that. When he referred to it as newer/better I read that as a new NES Classic, not a different console.
If they did an updated NES Classic they should release it as the top loader system style. Demand would drop off quickly since that is not the iconic look that people want. I would pick one up just for the dogbone controller if they updated that to match.

Drove by the Best Buy closest to work this morning and the line was already about 25 people deep. I kind of wanted this but not enough to get up at 6am and camp out. Oh well.

Store 188? They said the haven't gotten their shipment yet as of around 6.. store opens in 30 minutes and still no tickets. About 30 in line.

I got one! Finally!

I planned to leave at 7am but woke up at 5am and couldn't get to sleep. I got there at 5:30am and was the first person there.  I sat inside the mall for a while not realizing they opened that early. Around 7 the guy at the gate said I'd have to wait outside for a ticket. By then there were four others. The weather was breezy but otherwise not unbearable, about 40 degrees. I had a double jacket on and sweater plus brought a chair and blanket.  In hindsight I could have waited as late as 8 to drive out as we didn't have seven people until two hours before opening.  Finally, they waited until half an hour before opening to hand out tickets.  They only had the 7 predicted and I felt bad for those that waited a couple hours for nothing.

They really ought to post how many in stock they have on the door.  I feel REALLY bad for number 8 who missed out. There was this one chick who walks up and starts talking to these other two women she apparently knew who were already in line right behind me. While she's talking she casually walks between them, sits down and keeps talking. Pretty slick way to cut everyone behind her, but they didn't make a fuss so whatev.  I really wish they had a first party controller but all they had were the knock offs. The rep there said they haven't seen 1st party ones since launch.

bread's done
Back