YMMV- Gamestop and Best Buy are receiving NES Classics. UPDATED

I don't care if people are scalpers.  I just hate the people in line that brag loudly about selling their stuff.  Today there was this one guy, "I'm selling these things for $450 on Ebay blah blah blah".  No you're not dude. 

For what it's worth the Insignia branded controller and extension cords are on sale for $7.99 and $4.99 respectively at Best Buy. I picked up a couple of each for the NES Classic I already have.

My local Best Buy said all in the Pittsburgh area including those close by in WV and OH have none just for anybody that's looking. I'm guessing the inventory hadn't updated since it said 8 before but they said they were all long gone.

I don't care if people are scalpers. I just hate the people in line that brag loudly about selling their stuff. Today there was this one guy, "I'm selling these things for $450 on Ebay blah blah blah". No you're not dude.
I had an old guy saying he was at wal-mart the other day and since there was no limit he bought all 3 just to spite a woman behind him that was allegedly causing him problems

My local Best Buy said all in the Pittsburgh area including those close by in WV and OH have none just for anybody that's looking. I'm guessing the inventory hadn't updated since it said 8 before but they said they were all long gone.
That's basically correct. Every store in the Pittsburgh district​ is now showing 0 except Pittsburgh Mills, which is showing 2.

What difference does it make to who is in the line (flipper, parent, family members, etc)? If you didn't line up early enough, I don't see what blaming someone based on what is essentially useless facts for your poor timing.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's basically correct. Every store in the Pittsburgh district​ is now showing 0 except Pittsburgh Mills, which is showing 2.
Hmmm, thanks for that info. I'm guessing they won't hold an item like this if I called out there, it's a bit of a hike but could go after work.

Hmmm, thanks for that info. I'm guessing they won't hold an item like this if I called out there, it's a bit of a hike but could go after work.
No holds on them. We actually don't hold most things, so this isn't really an exception as much as it is the rule.

Do know that the tickets handed out show that they'll wait 3 hours after opening before selling yours. Doesn't mean they won't sell it before hand but it might be the reason why stores still show stock an hour after the store opens.

Just found out the store showing stock is holding them until 1 pm unless the ticket holders show up.

Enigma, will you be around to check stock in 55 minutes or so?

Thanks enigma, your info is very accurate, both the misses and brother reported the same amount of stock/tickets at their locations.  Both were off by a few peoples.  Wish I had that info for them prior, thanks regardless.  Also my sis checked out another BBY which had a sign that said, they would only hold the item for 3 hours for those ticket holders and if they don't buy it by then, they will sell unsold items.  Not sure if that's all BBYs.  I don't think the misses will do this again for me lol.  The line cutters messed it up.  Personally I don't care who's in line just as long you didn't cut.  Now I know, unless someone was hired, the line is the line enforcers.

I was fortunate to get one this morning.  I got to my store at 6:45 AM (it was lightly raining) and was # 9.  They had 15 and handed out tickets around 8:10.  I left to do some errands and when I got back at 10:10, all the accessories had sold out.  All that really matters is I got my first NES ever.  Yes, ever.  I never owned an original and never saw an NES Classic in the wild before today.

Just found out the store showing stock is holding them until 1 pm unless the ticket holders show up.

Enigma, will you be around to check stock in 55 minutes or so?
I will. You guys have got me until 4:00 EST.

Can you check store 296? Thanks Enigma!

Hi Enigma,

Can you check the current stock on stores 438 and 188, please? Thank you, kind sir!
26 on hand but currently "unavailable", 0

stores 498 and 1220?
22, 9

Thanks enigma, your info is very accurate, both the misses and brother reported the same amount of stock/tickets at their locations. Both were off by a few peoples. Wish I had that info for them prior, thanks regardless. Also my sis checked out another BBY which had a sign that said, they would only hold the item for 3 hours for those ticket holders and if they don't buy it by then, they will sell unsold items. Not sure if that's all BBYs. I don't think the misses will do this again for me lol. The line cutters messed it up. Personally I don't care who's in line just as long you didn't cut. Now I know, unless someone was hired, the line is the line enforcers.
I'm sorry for your luck. I wish there was more I could do to help.

I could have been a  real bastard today. The "ticket" was just a print out of the NES classic and two accessories on sale with a yellow magic marker indicating the number in line. Would have been pretty easy to photocopy that and write a 7 with a marker, then have a friend claim it at 10am.  But I didn't. :)

(partly because I have no friends) :(

bread's done
Back