YMMV- Gamestop and Best Buy are receiving NES Classics. UPDATED

Wow this is crazy! I actually went to a Target this morning that said they have two in stock. The employee told me they got like 5 and sold them already and brickseek was wrong. I should've asked a manager, too. I don't really know how accurate brickseek can be. I am checking now though, almost 2 hours later and it still says 2 in stock at that same Target.
The employee lied to you. Only speak to managers, then have them confirm stock for you using the computer or scanners they have. Brickseek updates every 15-30 minutes. If it still says there is 2 in stock after 2 hours. Its because that employee is hiding them from customers and lying to them. I would go back if I were you and directly speak to the manager.

From the couple cases where I just missed getting one at Walmart, and from when I got mine at Target this morning, Brickseek generally listed the item as still in stock for probably 20-30 minutes after.  I would say any longer and either something is messed up with the store inventory or it's being held somewhere.

The employee lied to you. Only speak to managers, then have them confirm stock for you using the computer or scanners they have. Brickseek updates every 15-30 minutes. If it still says there is 2 in stock after 2 hours. Its because that employee is hiding them from customers and lying to them. I would go back if I were you and directly speak to the manager.
I went back to the store and went to customer service. They had like 2 managers there and I just heard the same story. I asked them if they could look it up on the computer and they kept telling me "Why should we look it up if we have none left?" and they were telling me they were supposed to get 5 but they only got 3 and that's why it says 2 are available. I'm like "So if you were supposed to get 5, couldn't someone have hid those other 2?" and they just keep telling me they only got 3. What a joke. How hard is it for the stocking employees to hide two and then say they only got 3? I doubt they're all in on it and going to have a NES Classic party after work, but that seems suspicious that this is the only store within 50 miles that was shorted on their shipment.

I know this may come as a shock to some of you.  But I have it on good authority.

Breaking news: Walmart is trash.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hasn't the justification for all things Nintendo after the 16-bit era always been "you're playing it for the gameplay, not the graphics"? So it's hard to say otherwise still when arguing about Nintendo on Nintendo. Plus I don't think anyone would be able to tel the difference for the most part because no one is going to remember their nostalgic memories perfectly to say what's wrong with something off hand.
So it's Okay for VC emulation quality to have dull, muted colors, poor sound quality, and no aspect ratio options, when a cheap little plug in console made by the same company has much higher quality emulation in every way? Keep drinking that Nintendo koolaide, you're the perfect target market for their products. SMH.

I went back to the store and went to customer service. They had like 2 managers there and I just heard the same story. I asked them if they could look it up on the computer and they kept telling me "Why should we look it up if we have none left?" and they were telling me they were supposed to get 5 but they only got 3 and that's why it says 2 are available. I'm like "So if you were supposed to get 5, couldn't someone have hid those other 2?" and they just keep telling me they only got 3. What a joke. How hard is it for the stocking employees to hide two and then say they only got 3? I doubt they're all in on it and going to have a NES Classic party after work, but that seems suspicious that this is the only store within 50 miles that was shorted on their shipment.
Wow that sucks. The fact that a manager would say "Why should we look it up if we have none left?" Is very suspicious. It takes less then 20 seconds to dig up the DPCI code to check the inventory. You will know the truth by checking Brickseek around the time the store closes. It if says out of stock by then, its clear a manager was saving the last two for themselves.

Wow that sucks. The fact that a manager would say "Why should we look it up if we have none left?" Is very suspicious. It takes less then 20 seconds to dig up the DPCI code to check the inventory. You will know the truth by checking Brickseek around the time the store closes. It if says out of stock by then, its clear a manager was saving the last two for themselves.
I'm going to email the corporate and let them know what happened. Then they could monitor the situation and see if those last two mysteriously end up selling today.

Edit: I don't see how I can email them on the site. It's just giving me a phone number to call and they will probably tell me the same story as the store.

Edit2: I called the number and someone with a thick accent keeps telling me to speak louder and It sounds like a bunch of people yelling in the background. I'm done with this dumb crap.

Hasn't the justification for all things Nintendo after the 16-bit era always been "you're playing it for the gameplay, not the graphics"? So it's hard to say otherwise still when arguing about Nintendo on Nintendo. Plus I don't think anyone would be able to tel the difference for the most part because no one is going to remember their nostalgic memories perfectly to say what's wrong with something off hand.
I noticed the first time I tried those Ambassador games, that they where trash and well below what these games looked like under normal play conditions from eons ago. The only VC games I have, I got for free, as I refused to pay a dime for 20 year old games, that look 10x better on any other devices I own, than on the ones from the company that originally made these games.

If someone doesn't see an issue with that, there's not much more that can be said. The fact that so many buy these same games over and over, and then you get what amounts to a rather poor done job, you see people will take anything from this company, and ask for more no matter what.

Now if someone want's to see classic games done right, and at an excellent value, look no further than Sega, and their M2 division, and the 3DS classics they offered on the 3DS. Absolute amazing amount of time and effort put in to those games, and it shows. I've bought the physical release, as well as almost every game in digital form as a show of support for games done right. http://blogs.sega.com/category/sega-3d-classics/

In typical "N" fashion they released the worst possible games in 3D(Urban Champion, really?), then when no one bought those games, they said how it wasn't worth their time to keep making them. Guess what, release a quality product and at a good price, and there won't be an issue. Punch-Out, Super Mario Bros, any number of classic games would have done great business in 3D. Just a lackluster job all around for what was, and is offered in their VC service. I hope the NS delay, is to make them worth the funds, instead of what has been offered in the past.

Yeah I hit Roseville and Folsom this morning and both had lines already so I didn't bother getting out. Elk Grove had some too but i didn't drive out there. What was the fourth store?

South Sacramento off calvine.

That Roseville store off 65 is so damn busy and of course thats the closest to me. I never even bother going there for anything like that because i know that there will be dozens of people in line and stuff sells out the fastest than any other store in Nor Cal. :(
We used to live in rocklin before we moved to Elk Grove, always avoided that target. I got lucky, missed out on the targets in Elk Grove but the gf and younger sister were heading out to the bay and stopped by a target off 80 and grabbed the last one.

Whoever still needs one, check WalMart. BrickSeek shows a store near me having 3.
Thanks for the heads up! My sister was able to pick me up one at a Walmart by her. They too had 3 in stock on BrickSeek. It looks like they were delivered shortly before she got there (they were still in the back and she had to ask for it).

So is it fair to assume that no more stores will be receiving stock for official nes classic controllers?
Actually, after the NES classics run out, we will probably see an endless supply of controllers making their way to market....jk

I was able to get a console from target that showed late stock in the morning. Was already planning to go to another one nearby, but this one popped up with more in stock before opening so I went there over an hour before opening and lucked out. Could have probably showed up around 7:30 and still got one but wanted to be safe. Target handles this much better than Walmart where the stock goes straight to employees and they will lie to your face. I think I will contact walmart corporate about my bad experience after all.

Now the conflict starts of which one is more valuable to open or keep sealed or give to my brother. E logo or no E logo... sorry to those still searching...

2 of my local stores claim to have -2 consoles instock. Does that mean they have an anti-matter version of the console?
I've seen that in a few areas far away from me. I think it means they somehow sold them before they even added them to stock, probably so employees can buy them before people see them on brickseek. Or else they are able to manipulate stock numbers easily.

Actually, after the NES classics run out, we will probably see an endless supply of controllers making their way to market....jk

I was able to get a console from target that showed late stock in the morning. Was already planning to go to another one nearby, but this one popped up with more in stock before opening so I went there over an hour before opening and lucked out. Could have probably showed up around 7:30 and still got one but wanted to be safe. Target handles this much better than Walmart where the stock goes straight to employees and they will lie to your face. I think I will contact walmart corporate about my bad experience after all.

Now the conflict starts of which one is more valuable to open or keep sealed or give to my brother. E logo or no E logo... sorry to those still searching...
Nintendo seal seems like it would hold the better long-term value, but you never know with how fickle the collector's market is these days. The ESRB E could well become indicative of the limited production "final run." I haven't heard about any hardware differences, but you might want to keep an ear out for those too.

7pm and the same2 NES are still in stock at the Target on Brickseek, guess they really are putting them out tomorrow. SMH
Check Brickseek after midnight when they close, 99% sure it will say Out of Stock because a manager bought it themselves. There is literally no reason for them to hold 2 NES Classics for the next day. And they're not even supposed to be holding them in the first place.

Yea I called corporate this morning in their parking lot about the whole ordeal. What pissed me off most was refusal to check DPCI, that simply amazed me. Its like going to McDs and they dont want to make you a Big Mac

what location is the store? There's a store in my area showing 2 instock but apparently they don't have them lol
I'm sure the employees have those 2 covered, typical of how this product has been supplied. At this point I hope Nintendo fails soon, which is very likely based on the poor job they did on the Switch.

I'm sure the employees have those 2 covered, typical of how this product has been supplied. At this point I hope Nintendo fails soon, which is very likely based on the poor job they did on the Switch.
tumblr_mfrk9shn5x1s1kqrno1_500.gif

Now that brickseek got updated i cannot see items in puerto rico. Was working before but when i search now it says: No result found in your area. Anybody knows why?

I can't figure out your end game. You never defend your supposed opinion just spit out a bullet point with every partially related topic. Are you Palmer Lucky and are simply shit posting? At this point I hope this simple explanation is the answer.

I still have not seen another restock since the one I got in on 3 weeks ago. Granted my checking has gone way down now that I don't need to buy one any more. So glad I don't feel the need to look anymore.

Can't believe I'm still reading this thread since I finally got mine and don't want to get any to flip. Yet it's somehow entertaining to continue reading others' ongoing efforts to buy for personal use or to flip.
Yeah, it is kind of fun to read about it. I can't blame Walmart employees for their shady hide and seek. If they're able to stash them and buy them without getting fired, that's a nice caper, lol.

Someone should post a Craigslist ad with this photo. Ask for an absurd amount of money or trade for a year of Slickdeals Premium( or something ridiculous )

Wn6ph70.jpg

Someone should post a Craigslist ad with this photo. Ask for an absurd amount of money or trade for a year of Slickdeals Premium.
I should forward that image to the idiot on Craigslist around my area selling his NES Classic for $2500. LOL Meanwhile there are many others selling them for the usual $200, $250, $300. Like who would be stupid to spend $2500 on it? Especially on Craigslist. Yeah I'm going to show up with $2500 cash at some random part of NYC for an item that costs $59.99. smh

I can't figure out your end game. You never defend your supposed opinion just spit out a bullet point with every partially related topic. Are you Palmer Lucky and are simply shit posting? At this point I hope this simple explanation is the answer.

I still have not seen another restock since the one I got in on 3 weeks ago. Granted my checking has gone way down now that I don't need to buy one any more. So glad I don't feel the need to look anymore.
My "end game" is to see Nintendo fail, after all the bullshit they have inflicted on the gaming community over the last decade or so. The NES Classic Edition is just one more example of a company completely out of touch with what gamers want. It's disgusting that Nintendo has throttled the supply for this product, leaving regular gamers unable to get one due to scalping. There's no excuse for that, and a lot of people are through with this shit-sorry company after all the garbage they've pulled.

The sooner the Switch fails and this company gets liquidated, the better. And at this rate, it will fail, there's no 3rd party support (once again), just like the Wii U.

4 Walmarts around me in Indy just popped up with 3 each. All of them are always heavy hit with line sitters, so not even going to attempt it but anyone else in Indy wants to try it, they just showed up in the last 20 minutes.

I should forward that image to the idiot on Craigslist around my area selling his NES Classic for $2500. LOL Meanwhile there are many others selling them for the usual $200, $250, $300. Like who would be stupid to spend $2500 on it? Especially on Craigslist. Yeah I'm going to show up with $2500 cash at some random part of NYC for an item that costs $59.99. smh
He lists it because people react like you.

The question is why do you care how anyone prices an item? It has no bearing on you whatsoever. It's just some web listing. People can list things at whatever prices they want, it doesn't mean a thing.

My "end game" is to see Nintendo fail, after all the bullshit they have inflicted on the gaming community over the last decade or so. The NES Classic Edition is just one more example of a company completely out of touch with what gamers want. It's disgusting that Nintendo has throttled the supply for this product, leaving regular gamers unable to get one due to scalping. There's no excuse for that, and a lot of people are through with this shit-sorry company after all the garbage they've pulled.

The sooner the Switch fails and this company gets liquidated, the better. And at this rate, it will fail, there's no 3rd party support (once again), just like the Wii U.
So do you just want them totally gone? Not even make games anymore? Why does it even bother you?

So do you just want them totally gone? Not even make games anymore? Why does it even bother you?
Nah, they just need to stop making garbage gaming hardware with bad gimmicks, poor specs, missing features, and cheap materials. They can't even port their own classic retro games to their own Virtual Console, as shown by their own cheap plug and play console, the NES Classic. They're just a joke in the gaming community and industry now, a sad shell compared to what they used to be.

And I say this having been a huge fan back in the 90s. Now selling my huge retro collection including tons of NES, SNES, and N64 games and consoles. I'm done with this sorry excuse for a company.

My Target had 3 in stock, I was third in line.  A 4th guy shows up about 30 or 40 minutes after me, I was going to tell him about the quantity, but figured he knew what Brickseek was (he might even be reading this).  Doors open, and the first 3 start walking toward electronics when asshole number 4 starts running and caused a panic.  Me and number 2 ran to catch up, and we almost didn't get ours because the manager told them not to sell to the runners.  Me and number 2 explained the situation and luckily they sold us the Classics.  There was also a guy that somehow made it into the store before anyone in line, and electronics refused to sell it to him without walking out and walking back in first.  I was really lucky.

Nah, they just need to stop making garbage gaming hardware with bad gimmicks, poor specs, missing features, and cheap materials. They can't even port their own classic retro games to their own Virtual Console, as shown by their own cheap plug and play console, the NES Classic. They're just a joke in the gaming community and industry now, a sad shell compared to what they used to be.

And I say this having been a huge fan back in the 90s. Now selling my huge retro collection including tons of NES, SNES, and N64 games and consoles. I'm done with this sorry excuse for a company.
That last part makes no sense. You're selling your retro stuff because you vemonally hate what they make now? Did the switch Wii u etc suddenly make those old games and system terrible?

Oh and when they get the VC straightened out on the Switch and eShop I think some people are going to regret the NES Classic.  I mean it is very cool, but those games will be available sooner or later.

So it's Okay for VC emulation quality to have dull, muted colors, poor sound quality, and no aspect ratio options, when a cheap little plug in console made by the same company has much higher quality emulation in every way?
Yes, yes it is because Nintendo thrives on your hatred and confusion of what they do and demand arguments that go no where. More they say! MORE FOR DARK LORD NINTENDO!

Actually Nintendo has always been goofy like this. Many of you aren't old enough to recall, but game shortages were the norm back in the 8-bit days. I remember rushing out to grab Mike Tyson's Punchout after class when the local Children's Palace got them in stock. Also how impossible Zelda 2 and Mario 2 were to get. Back then there were no release days and when a hot title showed up you grabbed it or regretted passing. R.C. Pro-Am and Ice Hockey were a bitch to find as well. The other thing I don't get about these NES Classics is if your so crazy to play the classics without emulation there's always one of those $15 ali express specials and a retron system. Total cost $50.

bread's done
Back