YMMV: GBA micro silver $59.98 @ compusa?

The Store Locator isn't working for me. I think I'll stop by my local CompUSA and see if they have a GBA Micro cause I really really want one for $60.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']Would this work for pricematching at Bestbuy, Sears, or Circuit City? I've never pricematched before. Thanks ahead.[/quote]

I don't see why not. It's worth a try.

Great find, I just ordered one for in-store pickup. Amazon has it for $69.99, so this is cheaper even with tax (need gas to get to Compusa though!).

Exactly what faceplates come with the micro silver?? Does it come with the camo faceplate?

[quote name='shinro']Great find, I just ordered one for in-store pickup. Amazon has it for $69.99, so this is cheaper even with tax (need gas to get to Compusa though!).

Exactly what faceplates come with the micro silver?? Does it come with the camo faceplate?[/QUOTE]

I think it's the black micro that comes with the camo faceplate.

Exactly, the black version has a silver faceplate (and the camo one), but my local crapusa is selling the black version as the silver version, so you probably will get what you want (I suppose you want the camo). Too bad I wanted a silver version.

[quote name='decadent']Exactly, the black version has a silver faceplate (and the came one), but my local crapusa is selling the black version as the silver version, so you probably will get what you want (I suppose you want the camo). Too bad I wanted a silver version.[/quote]
Boy, that's confusing. But I guess you're right - the mfr. part number for the "silver" version in Compusa is OXY S FBB, and when I checked Best Buy's part number that corresponds to the "black" version. It looks like Compusa flipped the part numbers on their website.... :cool:

Gaah! I can't decide between the Micro and the SP (I want myself a GBA), and this just made it that much more complicated!
Wait... doesnt CC do a 110% price match or something? If so, I may have to do this.

[quote name='monkeypox']I think it's the black micro that comes with the camo faceplate.[/quote]
That may be but I bought a silver Micro from CompUSA yesterday and it came with camo and orange (fire?) faceplates.

[quote name='lawdood']That may be but I bought a silver Micro from CompUSA yesterday and it came with camo and orange (fire?) faceplates.[/QUOTE]

Then you bought the Black Micro (silver faceplate)

The color is the system color, not the faceplate.

ie. Black Micro=Silver faceplate
Silver Micro = Black faceplate

[quote name='Nephilim']Then you bought the Black Micro (silver faceplate)

Silver Micro = Black faceplate[/QUOTE]

Exactly, that's what I wanted to say. Seems crapusa flipped the systems, though. I bought the so called silver version from my local store, but found it's the same as my old black version. They insisted it's the silver version, even though it says black on the package. Check the back of the package.

[quote name='minmao']just IMHO, a back-lit Sp is much better than this.[/QUOTE]

I'd have to disagree. for me, the better controls (buttons, especially) and increased portability more than make up for the smaller screen, and the backlight brightness rivals my ds lite.

[quote name='Nephilim']Then you bought the Black Micro (silver faceplate)

Silver Micro = Black faceplate[/quote]

Good Lawrd...that's just a little confusing.

Thanks for the clarification though.

I pricematched this deal at CC and got the gba micro 20th anniversary edition for $56.97! Now I think that's a great deal on one of these things. Especially on the 20th anniversary edition!

not to drift too OT here, but what do you all think is likely to happen with the GBA Micro, in general? think it'll eventually blow out nation-wide at $40 or $50, or is it most likely to receive random and sporadic price-drops, chain by chain, until it's eventually depleted and obscure?

i ask because after picking up about 200 bucks worth of games since the beginning of July and buying an Axim yesterday, i'm about seconds from being flayed by the wife, and if it's a safe bet to wait, then i'll do just that and save my hide.

[quote name='janga']I pricematched this deal at CC and got the gba micro 20th anniversary edition for $56.97! Now I think that's a great deal on one of these things. Especially on the 20th anniversary edition![/quote]

I don't understand the whole pricematching thing, I thought you need a printout of compusa site and then CC would match for another silver / black faceplated micro to sell to you?
I wish the GBM would pricedrop everywhere now since most consumers will probably buy the DSLite before buying this.

Meh, I'm going to print it out and maybe try it today. I want one badly, and for $60, it's a great deal. I hope that they give me the black one...what should I do, bring up the silver one, match it, and say that I meant to get the black?

Ive got one on ebay I never used..If someon wants to trade something for it, Ill pull it...Im looking for SNES games Complete in their boxes (depending on games)

It was pretty easy for me at CC. They only had the gba micro with the silver faceplate, and the 20th anniversary edition. I brought both of them up and showed her the printout and she said I could choose between the two of them. I took the 20th anniversary edition, and I was on my way.

[quote name='allyourblood']not to drift too OT here, but what do you all think is likely to happen with the GBA Micro, in general? think it'll eventually blow out nation-wide at $40 or $50, or is it most likely to receive random and sporadic price-drops, chain by chain, until it's eventually depleted and obscure?

i ask because after picking up about 200 bucks worth of games since the beginning of July and buying an Axim yesterday, i'm about seconds from being flayed by the wife, and if it's a safe bet to wait, then i'll do just that and save my hide.[/QUOTE]

nintendo's latest sales figures showed the micro to be a total dog. it's obviously overpriced at $99, and I'm not alone in thinking so. even though nintendo's pledged to stand by the gba platform, I think it's entirely possible a universal price drop could be coming by christmas to clear shelves for the ds.

The only problem with that is that you can hardly find the Micro anywhere. It's not like there's a huge load of them at any given store.

[quote name='Pojo']The only problem with that is that you can hardly find the Micro anywhere. It's not like there's a huge load of them at any given store.[/quote]

that's correct, and part of my reasoning behind buying one now. especially that hilarious classic Famicom edition. that's adorable.

I picked up the black one with the silver faceplate last week at comp usa. The silver one rang up as $99 I think (even though I thought all micro's were at least down to $90 now). Despite having a DS Lite I'm loving this. It's so much lighter and thinner than I thought and I just like to put it in that bag it comes with and keep it in my pocket. I like playing my GBA games on my DS lite, but the games stuck out and made the DS lite even less portable, it's nice to just have an ultra portable system (plus I have a ton of GBA games).

Despite hating the mismatched faceplates at launch, I've grown to like it, but I'm still tempted to order the black faceplate from Nintendo for 5 bucks just so I have another screen.

Edit: Also it's bullshit that there isn't a third party cable for linking your gamecube with your micro. I'd love to use the bright screen instead of my frontlit SP's screen.

My local Circuit City would only the price match on the silver GBA Micro and not the black or Anniversary one. I have a crappy Circuit City.

[quote name='mechamappy']My local Circuit City would only the price match on the silver GBA Micro and not the black or Anniversary one. I have a crappy Circuit City.[/quote]

you oughta be glad they matched it at all.

bread's done
Back