YMMV Gears of War LE 35.00 starting March 19 at TRU

[quote name='Trakan']TRU for those who won't completely read the OP.[/quote]
Survivalism, very nice.

I'll check mine and is the Limited Edition really worth it?

I'm pretty sure that mine has at least one of these in stock. Is this a good enough deal that I should go get it and then return/rebuy on the 19th?

[quote name='Tsukento']LE or not, $35 for GoW is made of friggen win.[/quote]
I would have to agree with this statement. If you have an Xbox 360 and don't have this game, you no longer have an excuse if you can find a copy and this turns out to be nationwide.

[quote name='sp00ge']My TRU hasn't had LE since the initial shipment. :([/quote]

Think it may be the same with me. Damn, I really want the $@#!ing LE GOW, couldn't afford it when it came out.

[quote name='hhhdx4']what does the LE have in it thats so different from the regular version? besides the tin[/QUOTE]

An artbook and a making of DVD I think. I don't see the big deal with Limited Edition video games but either way $35 is a good price for a good game.

I just don't know why i keep wasting my time by going to TRU, they have a pitiful selection of games and NEVER have the ones that are on clearance or are going to be. Another wasted trip but good thing i always plan other stops at the same time, lame!

Awesome deal, went today at lunch, tag says 69.99, but I had the girl scan it and it did come up 35.00, and yes this is the LE which has a bonus DVD and is in an awesome tin like Doom3 and HL2 were. CAG rocks.

-also check the clearances psp stuff was dirt cheap, picked up some of the logitech wraparound headphones I had wanted for $9.

Awesome deal! I don't recall seeing any LE's in the TRUs my area, but I really like watching and getting the bonus features for all LE's, so I prefer those if I have a choice between the regular and the LE.

I've already played through the story myself, and I still want the game, but I think I'm waiting for $20. (Which may be a while.)

Plus, I know my TRU doesn't have the special edition anyway.

[quote name='Rig']I've already played through the story myself, and I still want the game, but I think I'm waiting for $20. (Which may be a while.)
.[/quote]

Maybe you have to wait a looooong time. Look at Halo 2.

Stopped at TRU on the way home from work today to check on this deal and found that the prices on (PSP) Mega Man: Maverick Hunter X and (PSP) Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth had dropped from $20 to $10. VPL was $20 as of yesterday when I looked; not sure if MMX was, but it was worth the $10 pickup for sure.

No Gears LEs though. :\

And this is why it's clearanced. I don't foresee anymore LE shipments, so TRU is figuring to clear out that SKN # for some future merchandise. That is purely assumption.

[quote name='Will']3 TRU's and none had it.[/quote]

I hope you put some serious mileage on your car. If not, TRU needs to fire some executives for approving three stores so close to eachother.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']I hope you put some serious mileage on your car. If not, TRU needs to fire some executives for approving three stores so close to eachother.[/QUOTE]

?? there are 3 within 10 mnutes of eachother here

[quote name='vq35']Does any one have ad. for this deal? PM might be worth a shot at BB or CC.[/quote]

It's not an advertised deal. I'm willing to bet it's a clearance, which nobody will PM.

[quote name='hiamiyumi']Maybe you have to wait a looooong time. Look at Halo 2.[/QUOTE]

Humm..picked up a stack of copies of Halo 2:CE for $9.99 less than a month ago. Worth the wait for the single player version but you might miss out on the multi-player aspect of the game. So it only took 2 years to go down :) and I still haven't had time to catch up on the stack of games I have to play.

No luck at my TRU, but spotted other clearance titles:

PS2 Toca Race Driver 3 $10
PS2 SOCOM 3 $10
Music Maker Deluxe Edition $5
PS2 Metal Saga $15
XB Stacked $5
XB Tomb Raider Legend $10

[quote name='sp00ge']It's not an advertised deal. I'm willing to bet it's a clearance, which nobody will PM.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. Not even worth the breath or time to try. Anyway, this is just yet another LE/CE clearance where 95% of the original inventory had already been moved. Congrats to those who scored, but I'm with the overwhelming majority whose TRU didn't have any stock. In fact, I don't think I've seen any LE/CE's stick around for more than a month or two after launch.

The store i went to had 5 GOW for $30 about two days ago. I didnt get any since I bought mine already at full price when it came out. =(

I would love to find this. My disc has started cracking in the inner ring moving into the actual data section of the disc. Does this happen due to the heat the XBox causes and then trying to snapit into the case? I always treat my discs well.

[quote name='bardockkun']Survivalism, very nice.

I'll check mine and is the Limited Edition really worth it?[/quote]

you could always sell it, I would sell my original copy to get the Limited edition:D

I was hoping to pick this up but, alas, both TRUs in my area didn't have any (not even showing a spot for it). I'll wait until it's $40 at BB to pick this up; it's not my style of game, but a billion people saying it kicks ass can't be wrong.

Thanks OP - swung by my TRU on the way home from work and got their last copy (well, the last ticket anyway). Also grabbed the last Tiger Woods '06 (360) for $10. :)

bread's done
Back