YMMV PS3/360 Skyrim Collectors Edition $59.99 @ Best Buy B&M

coopscohen

CAGiversary!
Feedback
91 (100%)
I'm in Northen California and got the Skyrim Collectors Edition for $59.99. The guy didn't know if they were store wide. The MW3 Hardened Edition was also $59.99.

Last edited by a moderator:
If this is store wide (assuming it's not YMMV) you should be able to buy online and do in-store pick up and get the automatic price credit. But again the in-store price would have to be $59.99 as well

[quote name='snatcher33']If this is nationwide, it may be finally time to bite.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I agree except I would much rather place an order from bestbuy.com and have it shipped to me.

I've found that most of these lying in stores are in rough shape as they've been handled to much. The ones in the warehouse should still be in the box cardboard shipping box that they were sent to retailers in.

[quote name='thegame85']Yes where in nor cal[/QUOTE]

Pleasant Hill, CA

I can post a receipt when I get home if people want to try and price match. Not sure if that is frowned upon or not.

[quote name='coopscohen']Pleasant Hill, CA

I can post a receipt when I get home if people want to try and price match. Not sure if that is frowned upon or not.[/QUOTE]

it's encouraged!

Kennesaw, Ga. has already clearanced them but they had them at 59.99. I think a few other stores are doing it. I actually got a SW:TOR CE for 59.99 as what was going on was a general clearance of all 2011 CEs.

Not nationwide I can tell you that much, I just checked my Local Bestbuy here in Kansas and the condition of the PS3 boxes wouldnt be worth the $60 imo, but the price is still $99 and someone needs to be fired for the way these CE boxes look. I swear it looks like something was trying to come out of it from being trapped inside, they look that awful!

Yep, had my gaming manager friend at the local BB check on it and it's just that store clearing out stock. Luckily he was down to give me 25% off so I grabbed one for $75 and will wait and hope it drops lower soon.

[quote name='SmokeCapone']Not nationwide I can tell you that much, I just checked my Local Bestbuy here in Kansas and the condition of the PS3 boxes wouldnt be worth the $60 imo, but the price is still $99 and someone needs to be fired for the way these CE boxes look. I swear it looks like something was trying to come out of it from being trapped inside, they look that awful![/QUOTE]

It's going to be a sad day when there are no more national retailers around, but there are just too many people (man)handling the stuff in stores.

Nothing @ the harrison (sf ca) store. They had a few copies last time i was there (few weeks ago) No mw3 hardeneds but plenty of uncharted 3's CE

I have been patiently waiting for this to drop. I traded my regular edition in quite some time ago for the intention of purchasing this. I have been dying to continue playing but will wait

i just called the pleasant hill store and some girl answered and claimed that no stock were on hand about 10 seconds after i asked her. ass probablyy didnt even look....

This seems to be like the AC Brotherhood CE deal at best buy... I'll believe it when I see it. Any time I see a post here about best buy clearance deals it is never in my district, 100% of the time.

Would definitely love to see the receipt on this, maybe I can get a match in the Los Angeles area - plenty of stores with the CE and I sold my regular edition two weeks ago.

Guys, it's 100% confirmed that this only happened in the Pleasant Hill store at the discretion of their management and gaming lead. This isn't a nationwide drop or regional. The only way to possibly match this is to tell your local store's gaming supervisor that the Pleasant Hill store dropped the price and see if they might match it. From what I gathered, the Pleasant Hill store really wasn't supposed to drop the price on these but they did because of the amount of space they take up.

Is the art book & cloth map nice enough to forgo waiting for the eventual "Game of the Year" edition?

[quote name='etcrane']Guys, it's 100% confirmed that this only happened in the Pleasant Hill store at the discretion of their management and gaming lead. This isn't a nationwide drop or regional. The only way to possibly match this is to tell your local store's gaming supervisor that the Pleasant Hill store dropped the price and see if they might match it. From what I gathered, the Pleasant Hill store really wasn't supposed to drop the price on these but they did because of the amount of space they take up.[/QUOTE]

Pleasant hills! Woooooooweeeee goin tomorrow!

[quote name='garrett007']Pleasant hills! Woooooooweeeee goin tomorrow![/QUOTE]

Unfortunately you may be out of luck, I'm not sure on PS3 stock but as of this afternoon they had 1 copy for 360 on hold for some dude, at least that's what they said over the phone to my local gaming sup. So it could be hard to pm at other stores with 0 stock at the PH store.

[quote name='etcrane']Guys, it's 100% confirmed that this only happened in the Pleasant Hill store at the discretion of their management and gaming lead. This isn't a nationwide drop or regional. The only way to possibly match this is to tell your local store's gaming supervisor that the Pleasant Hill store dropped the price and see if they might match it. From what I gathered, the Pleasant Hill store really wasn't supposed to drop the price on these but they did because of the amount of space they take up.[/QUOTE]

I am thankful the OP posted the deal but it doesn't belong here then, this should be moved to the regional forum.

[quote name='etcrane']Unfortunately you may be out of luck, I'm not sure on PS3 stock but as of this afternoon they had 1 copy for 360 on hold for some dude, at least that's what they said over the phone to my local gaming sup. So it could be hard to pm at other stores with 0 stock at the PH store.[/QUOTE]

Awww oh well already have the game but that statue would be Awsome

[quote name='Clan Mc']Is the art book & cloth map nice enough to forgo waiting for the eventual "Game of the Year" edition?[/QUOTE]
I've seen the art book and it is pretty nice. The cover is a nice leather and the artwork is great. I haven't seen the cloth map, though. FWIW, I think the dragon statue is pretty cool, too, although not as nice as the art book.

[quote name='Kylearan']Would definitely love to see the receipt on this, maybe I can get a match in the Los Angeles area - plenty of stores with the CE and I sold my regular edition two weeks ago.[/QUOTE]

Sorry for the delay but here is a picture of the receipt. I see there have been some updates as to this deal and when I posted it at the time I didn't know it was centralized to one store so please move to the regional thread if appropriate. Thanks.
photolhh.jpg
photolhh.jpg
photolhh.jpg
photolhh.jpg
photolhh.jpg

Out of curiosity, does Best Buy even sell the PC version of the CE? It's not on their web site but I don't know if any of the stores bothered to carry it or not. Since PC game usually sit in brick and mortar stores and collect dust I am going to guess not.

[quote name='Motoki']Out of curiosity, does Best Buy even sell the PC version of the CE? It's not on their web site but I don't know if any of the stores bothered to carry it or not. Since PC game usually sit in brick and mortar stores and collect dust I am going to guess not.[/QUOTE]

My local BB had the PC CE at midnight launch, so they did, at one time, carry it.

bread's done
Back