You Don't Know Jack (2011) by THQ $29.99 Preorder - X360/PS3

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I don't normally post deals like this, but I didn't see this one posted.

You Don't Know Jack is available for preorder for $29.99 ($10 off). The Wii version's MSRP is $29.99

icongs_r1.gif

iconxbox360.gif
Normally $39.99

iconps3.gif
Normally $39.99

As an FYI Amazon price matched GameStop on the preorder price of the 360 version of YDKJ. I'm not sure why the PS3 version isn't matched.

iconamazon.gif

iconxbox360.gif
Normally $39.99

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='plutoknight']Buying it day one anyhow. My friends love YDKJ (with Volume 3 being the favorite, "Impossible Questions" and all).

Amazon hurry and match the PS3 price so I can pre-order![/QUOTE]

I sent in the GS price to Amazon when I posted this. I'd encourage others to do the same to get the price matched sooner

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='dtcarson']I think I had every PC incarnation except Sports...Even The Ride was fun for a while.
Great games. Loved the shortlived TV show. ["Someone on this show will drive away in this BRAND NEW CAR"]

I think the OXM review mentioned how many questions [or episodes] were in this release, anyone have that number?

In. It was great on the PC, but should be even better on the big screen.

I could see it dropping in price quick, not because it's not good, but because it's a trivia game. Then again, there are probably enough older gamers who played the PC, PS, or web versions to give it legs with slow steady sales.[/QUOTE]

76 and planned dlc episode packs.

[quote name='kevgret']I used a $10 code and SAVER and got this for $21.38.

Not bad... I know my wife will dig this..[/QUOTE]

Me too. Loved this on the pc.

My question is will this game be just as good and as hilarious as the PC and the FIRST PS1 versions of the game, or will it be similar to that piece of crap "Mock 2" on the PS1?

Depends on who you hated.

FROM THE WIKIPEDIA ENTRY ON YDKJ:
There have been many different hosts of You Don't Know Jack over the years. The following is a list of hosts and the games they appear in.

• Nate Shapiro (voiced by Harry Gottlieb) – Nate Shapiro was the first host of the series. He hosts Vol. 1, the Netshow, the tabletop game, and hosts for part of YDKJ: The Ride. He is not to be confused with "Nate the Intern" from the Flash incarnation (voiced by Production & SQA Coordinator Nathan Fernald).
  • Guy Towers (voiced by Andy Poland) – He appears in Sports, Sports: The NetShow, and part of The Ride.
  • Buzz Lippman (voiced by Peter B. Spector) – This host has appeared in two versions: Vol. 2 and The Ride, the latter which he only appeared in briefly.
  • Cookie Masterson (voiced by Tom Gottlieb) – He is one of the most well-known of the hosts. He originally served as the sign-in host, taking down players' names in the opening green room segments of Vol. 1, Vol. 2, and Sports. He hosts Movies, Vol. 3, the Netshow, the first PlayStation version, part of The Ride, and Offline. He also was the announcer for the YDKJ TV show in 2001. He also hosts the webshows and daily DisOrDats that appeared on the YDKJ website from December 2006 through September 2008, (With one special episode in November 2010.) He will also be the host of the YDKJ game coming in January 2011.
  • Josh "Schmitty" Schmitstinstein (voiced by Phil Ridarelli) – Josh Schmitstinstein, or "Schmitty", is the most recent of all the American CD-ROM hosts. He hosts in TV, part of The Ride, The Netshow, Louder! Faster! Funnier! (a second Offline game), 5th Dementia, Mock 2 (the second PlayStation game), & The Lost Gold. He also hosted one particular question in Cookie's volume of Offline.
  • Bob (voiced by Andy Poland) – The host of HeadRush.
  • Jack Cake (voiced by Paul Kaye) – The host of the only British version of YDKJ.
  • Quizmaster Jack (voiced by Axel Malzacher in Vol. 1 and Kai Taschner in Vol. 2, 3: 'Downward', PlayStation, & 4) – The host of the German volumes.
  • Troy Stevens (played by Paul Reubens) – The host of the 2001 YDKJ TV show.
Cookie is hosting this new release. You might recognize Cookie's voice from Whacked Out Sports.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YH1tx1mZRE

If i already pre ordered this and paid it off when it was 39.99 do i get my $10 back if i go to the store and alert them of this or is this not the store price?

[quote name='reddjoey']Depends on who you hated.

Cookie is hosting this new release. You might recognize Cookie's voice from Whacked Out Sports.[/QUOTE]

That's great news! Cookie is awesome.

For those eagerly anticipating the return of Cookie, or for Trivia fiends, You Don't Know Jack (slated for release on 2/8/10) Amazon has discounted the Xbox 360 pre-order by $ 10. This brings the price to $29.00.

The PS3 version remains priced at $ 39.99, and the Wii version is full priced at $29.99. Link is below.

Link

For those who haven't played the game before, You Don't know Jack is an Irreverent Party Trivia Game, which had it's heyday in the 90's but it's hoping to make a comeback.

It's best known for it's blend of humor and high degree of difficulty. There's a demo available on the official website if you want to try it out.

You Don't Know Jack Official Website

I loved these games on PC back in the day, but this really seems like it would've been better suited for PSN/XBLA. Even $30 is a lot for a trivia game. But thanks for the heads up.

Nate & Cookie were always my favorite hosts. The Ride remains my favorite in the series. I'm really looking forward to the new one.

Now I've just got to decide which version to get.

[quote name='budz']I'm also debating on which console version to get... Come on, Amazon! Make the PS3 version $30![/QUOTE]

I would submit the lower price to Amazon.

For those who don't know how
1. Go to the product page on Amazon.com
2. Scroll down to the product details section
3. Look for "tell us about a lower price" and click
4. Submit the info from GS (I did online store, the game URL, and 0.00 shipping)

YDKJ was hours and hours of fun in my household back in the day. Now that I'm older and better able to understand the questions, I'm eager to give it another go. $30 is a perfect price for a new trivia game for me. With the entertainment provided by YDKJ, this makes for an awesome party game and more entertainment than many $60 releases IMO.

[quote name='splintercell']So is $30 really the new MSRP then?[/QUOTE]

No, it's a pre-order discount. Read the thread.

[quote name='Nohbdy']No, it's a pre-order discount. Read the thread.[/QUOTE]

Can you be sure of that when BB also has it for $30 as does Amazon? It's possible the MSRP was dropped another $10

I don't think I've ever heard of this game. I think I may remember seeing something about it a long time ago... you guys said it was popular in the 90s? I was probably too busy watching Nickelodeon :lol:

Well, I'm interested now regardless. I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this. Thanks for the heads-up OP.

So, has anyone been able to sleuth out whether or not the PC version will have online play and/or DLC packs? Jellyvision's official marketing strategy, as far as answering fan questions on Facebook, is apparently to be as cryptic as possible.

bread's done
Back