you ever want to game but not sure which game you want to play?

Kevfactor

CAGiversary!
like atm im burnt out on diablo and want to play something different but even with about 5 games on my backlog im not sure i really want to play those. you ever jsut want to game but not sure what game you want to play? :)

Pretty much every time I beat a game I'm in that position.

That's what happens when you have 15+ platforms to play on and at least 20 to 30 games on each that you haven't started yet.

I usually have a good idea of what to play next when I beat a game or want a change of pace, but at times when I don't, I just boot up my computer and play something relaxing and open-ended, like Tropico 4 in sandbox mode or Audiosurf.

Used to happen to me often and I hate it. I'll open up my cabinet and sit there for several minutes just thinking. Then I stop and tell myself to just pick a damn game. Sometimes I'll play it for a few minutes and decide not to play anymore and pick something else. This could go on for several games. I hate it when this happens because I end up wasting my entire night just fucking around.

To remedy this I try not to delude myself and get rid of games I know I'll never play. A problem a lot of you guys with massive backlogs have is buying games just because they're cheap or on sale. When my selection is limited it fixes this problem to a degree. I've pretty much lost my collector mentality.

I don't have this problem currently. My next 3 games are mapped out. There's just not a lot of new stuff coming out so my backlog is cleaning out nicely.

Last edited by a moderator:
> Wow a 5 game backlog...that's the stuff dreams are made of.

That's not a backlog, that's what's for dinner. Some of us have 100s of games backlogged.

I always go for the 5 min quick fix if I've got it.

I just know I'm going to ditch all the story mode games I got going once Sonic comes. Life is busy, fast games are an easy choice everytime.

I stand there staring at my bookcase trying to figure what I want to play next. Happens all the time. I like FPS the more than any other genre, and don;t always have one in the backlog, so I try to bang out a quick platinum. My decision, a lot of the time, depends on how much playing I want to do for trophies.

[quote name='blueshinra']I usually have a good idea of what to play next when I beat a game or want a change of pace, but at times when I don't, I just boot up my computer and play something relaxing and open-ended, like Tropico 4 in sandbox mode or Audiosurf.[/QUOTE]

Audiosurf used to be my go-to game, too. Wreakin' havoc on leaderboards.

I feel this way pretty often.. I think I played Persona 3 for about an hour today and that was only half-assed. Nothing else would catch my attention.

This happens to me all the time, and then at the end of the day I end up not playing anything because I couldn't decide what to play.

Too many choices, too little time!

I know it sounds weird, but I have a couple games, Skyrim and GT5, that I'm dying to play but know I need large chunks of time to really enjoy them, so I don't play and stick to f'ing around in Just Cause 2 or hoping online with one of the four shooters I like.

This really points to the fact that there are many fun games worthy of our hours right now, it's a great time to be a gamer!

[quote name='Abear21']I know it sounds weird, but I have a couple games, Skyrim and GT5, that I'm dying to play but know I need large chunks of time to really enjoy them, so I don't play and stick to f'ing around in Just Cause 2 or hoping online with one of the four shooters I like.[/QUOTE]

I felt that way about GT5 when I first got it, but once I got pretty far it's easy to casually pick up and either play A-Spec races or jump online.

I usually just end up spending a few days online in BF3 after beating a game, its the only time I don't feel guilty for "waisting" my gaming time. Then I jump into another gut busting RPG and :drool:

[quote name='hordak']> Wow a 5 game backlog...that's the stuff dreams are made of.

That's not a backlog, that's what's for dinner. Some of us have 100s of games backlogged.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I was actually being sarcastic since I have 100s of games backlogged and dream of only having 5 :)

[quote name='EXStrike']This happens to me all the time, and then at the end of the day I end up not playing anything because I couldn't decide what to play.[/QUOTE]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VO6XEQIsCoM

I post that every time topics like this come up.

I still sometimes have this problem when choosing a game from my backlog to start, but I've gotten better at it. I'll usually play a multiplayer game for a day or two then finally choose something.

It's best just to grab something and shove it in the system. In my case I usually end up enjoying it so it makes it easier to do next time.

Every. Single. fucking. Time.

I almost hate when I'm about to finish a game because I know it will take me days to get back into my gaming groove. Once I get going though, I'll play for extended periods of time if the game is genuinely interesting.

[quote name='Abear21']Too many choices, too little time!

I know it sounds weird, but I have a couple games, Skyrim and GT5, that I'm dying to play but know I need large chunks of time to really enjoy them, so I don't play[/QUOTE]

Same here. I don't even know how long I've had GTA IV Complete and RDR GOTY sealed for and I just never started them. The thing with me though is, I actually have the time to invest in them but I keep putting them off and trying to clear the shorter games in my back log first.

Of course this is kind of starting to work against me now because all that's beginning to stay in my backlog is the extremely long games :x

[quote name='bigpimpin24']Of course this is kind of starting to work against me now because all that's beginning to stay in my backlog is the extremely long games :x[/QUOTE]
I try to mix things up-- one 50+ hour game every month or so-- but still have a fair number of them in my backlog. Why did I have to love JRPGs?

My issue is always getting slightly depressed when I finish a story I put so much time into then it ends! :( haha Then I can't start another game right away so I end up playing a multiplayer game for a day or two before I manage to start another.

bread's done
Back