You got me hOTT and bOTThered. Be My Valentine!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Rocko']Seems like ~$1800/month to work 30 hours/week teaching English, living rent-free, and having a really unique cultural experience.[/QUOTE]
I had a friend/classmate who did that before working on his PhD, ended up staying there for about 7 years and from what I remember he loved it.

As for myself, I'd loved to have done it- I say go for it.

Slow moving thread.

Here's a picture the night shift nurse drew of my wife (a fellow nurse) anime style.

Seems creepy. I'm debating whether an ass-kicking is in order.

Got my Crysis 3 key today and got that shit downloading.

Now I just got to finish up 2 at some point today (have like one chapter left).

I really need to put Arkham City down and move on. I've finished the game but am about to go rescue the 4th Riddler hostage and stop deadshot.

Still should do the Harley Quinn revenge as well. There's a part of me that wants to go for all 400 Riddler trophies but I can't quite mange the AR training to upgrade one final gadget that's needed for a few.

The Harley Quinn stuff was pretty good. I have played the game through twice and just don't have the stomach to do the Riddler shit. Same with the challenge maps.

How do you put in a two week's notice/days notice from work? It's hard to work for a company when they change the rules left and right and make things harder for their employees and customers. I think nine years of being treated like a tool and making excuses for it has been long enough. The sooner I leave, the better.

And yes, I am posting this from work. Yay free [limited] wifi.

[quote name='Rocko']Seems like ~$1800/month to work 30 hours/week teaching English, living rent-free, and having a really unique cultural experience.[/QUOTE]

Are you looking at the EPIK or TALK programs? I was looking at those. I have an offer to help teach English in Korea at a language cafe that offers lessons to adults. I would really like to take it, however I recently lost my job and the money I was going to use for the trip might have to be used so that I can get through the next couple of months.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']Got my Crysis 3 key today and got that shit downloading.

Now I just got to finish up 2 at some point today (have like one chapter left).[/QUOTE]
Let us know how 3 is.

I downloaded the open multiplayer beta, but haven't tried it.

[quote name='Brak']Let us know how 3 is.

I downloaded the open multiplayer beta, but haven't tried it.[/QUOTE]

I have only played like 15 minutes of it, and it is probably the best looking game I have ever seen. The graphics are fucking phenomenal and I have the AA AF knocked down pretty low. I have everything else is set to high since I play on a 1440p monitor, I don't want my 670 to choke on the awesomeness. With that said, I have yet to encounter any choppiness in the game and have had two enemy encounters.

I am going to try and play some more after class tonight provided I don't get sidetracked with my access project.

Is there a good russian webcam crazy shit site? The stuff they showed on the daily show was insane. I could spend hours watching that stuff.

Got tickets for Muse in a few days, and also just got Postal Service tickets. This is going to be a good year.

[quote name='Rocko']Got tickets for Muse in a few days, and also just got Postal Service tickets. This is going to be a good year.[/QUOTE]

"I got yer Postal Service ticket right here, kiddo! It's called - a Stamp!" heh heh heh.

[

On a different note, I spent all of my break yesterday playing Puzzles & Dragons on my phone. Very addictive.

Sony going to show the ps4 today. Guess that pretty much means no The Last Guardian for the ps3 or maybe ever. Boooo!

Read the highlights - wasn't super impressed. Seems a lot like more of the same with a slightly more powerful system. The only thing that really caught my attention was the backwards compatibility for all PS1,PS2,PS3 games with Gakai. And I'd like to know how much that is gonna cost before I get my hopes up.

Seemed very ho-hum...No giant leaps from the last gen. My biggest lol moment was Diablo3 coming to PS3/4.

What a disappointment Blizzard has become since Activision took over.

Morning.

I could easily go through the rest of 2013 and possibly all of 2014 with just the games I have on my shelf (and HDD). Let alone the half dozen or more :ps3: titles I'd still like to pick up.

With the PS4 having no true backwards compatibility I don't see myself getting on until maybe Christmas 2014 or 2015. By then there will probably be a 'slim' model coming out and even a price drop.

[quote name='Number83']Bet you it goes subscription based.[/QUOTE] You'll probably have to buy the games again. Nothing but a glorified games on demand service.

Are there any good Firefox download managers that would let me grab these 1up Show episodes more easily? All of my attempts at downloads die after a minute or so because the servers are terrible.

I'm selling a Steam copy of Brutal Legend (Pre-order w/ TF2 items you can resell later) for $13 if anyone wants it.

[quote name='DT778']You'll probably have to buy the games again. Nothing but a glorified games on demand service.[/QUOTE]

Yup. And all the games will be in "The Cloud". So you'll need to be online to play them, and have a decent enough connection to actually enjoy them.

And, likely all tracked and monitored.
Hey, 18-24 year old male who likes to play shooters 15 hours a week, have we got some advertisements for you.

[quote name='eldergamer']Yup. And all the games will be in "The Cloud". So you'll need to be online to play them, and have a decent enough connection to actually enjoy them.

And, likely all tracked and monitored.
Hey, 18-24 year old male who likes to play shooters 15 hours a week, have we got some advertisements for you.[/QUOTE] They already said during the conference that they were going to keep track of you.
---

Played the drinking game Edward forty hands last night. Knew it was bad idea but I wanted to do it. A little discomfort after finishing, felt bloated. But ten minutes later it was cool.

If they don't track you, how else are they going to let everyone know that you are on facebook and like games? You do want all your friends to know that you like games, right? You also want them to know that you like games on the PS4, right?

Some of the stuff they said was cool, but the facebook shit irks me. Unless Kojima changes his mind about PC Metal Gear, I am going to sit the next gen out for a while. I can't think of anything that would make me want to buy faulty hardware that has no games again. Once they fix the hardware, drop the price, and release some games I might be interested.

Facebook is already integrated somewhat. If you have notifications turned on it will post to facebook with every purchase you make in the Playstation Store.

It'll be a while before I get one of the new systems. Like Casey said, wait for some games, price drop, improved system. I'm still new to the ps3, only have played a handful of games on it so I still got plenty of games to play. And still waiting for that fucking The Last Guardian, one of the reasons I got a triple.

Yeah, idk if I'm becoming disenchanted with consoles in general or what, but glancing over the PS4 highlights really didn't do much for me.

I haven't sat out a Console launch since the Original NES. I was in the Sega Master System camp...I did end up getting one eventually and kicked myself for being late to the game.

I'm not sure if I'm waiting this one out yet or not...nothing about the PS4 wowed me. In fact I chuckled when I saw the Diablo3 announcement...I had said when D3 released on the PC that it felt different, like a beta test for a console version. Nailed it!

'Bout to say some bold shit up in this bitch, but I truly mean it:

The PS3 sucked balls.

[quote name='Brak']'Bout to say some bold shit up in this bitch, but I truly mean it:

The PS3 sucked balls.[/QUOTE]

Yep, and the 360 is the greatest console ever.

I have no reason to buy a NextBox or XBox720 or XBox 3.0 or whatever they want to call it.
Microsoft's numbering system is a little silly. We all know it's their 3rd release of a console, but they don't dare actually put 3 anywhere in the Xbox's title.

The only two consoles I've bought on or near launch were the :ps2: and :wii:

Likely I'll wait until a price drop or slim model for the PS4. And I've actually been a loyal Sony customer.

[quote name='eldergamer']I have no reason to buy a NextBox or XBox720 or XBox 3.0 or whatever they want to call it.
Microsoft's numbering system is a little silly. We all know it's their 3rd release of a console, but they don't dare actually put 3 anywhere in the Xbox's title.
[/QUOTE]

Thats because it isn't a numbering system. They called it the 360 because it was a complete turnaround from the original xbox which was black and convex, to a more modern-looking console that was white and concave. Haven't you heard of the saying "doing a 360"?

It isn't much different from going from gameboy > gameboy color > gameboy advance > gameboy advance sp.

Off the top of my head, I can't think of any consoles that use a numbering system (aside from Sony)

I got a GCN and Wii around launch, everything else I got later in the game. Other than handhelds, I've been pretty on top of those.

Just sold one of my TF2 hats for $425 PayPal cash money-money. :hot:

I spent

My boy Casey's PCs are always top of the line gaming juggernauts.

Also: We should see if people still play Gears 1 on PC sometime!

[quote name='Brak']My boy Casey's PCs are always top of the line gaming juggernauts.

Also: We should see if people still play Gears 1 on PC sometime![/QUOTE]

I wouldnt mind doing that. I asked brutis the other day if he wanted to coop it and he doesnt own it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back