You knew it would happen sooner or later!

My roomate and I, not an hour ago, were joking about hijacking a gas truck and eBaying it. I guess we weren't the first ones.

[quote name='b0bx13'] I guess we weren't the first ones.[/QUOTE]

You've got to get up pretty early in the moring to be the first seller on Ebay with a new idea. :D

Not only is it a joke, it's a poor one at that.

Gas prices aren't gonna stay high for long, once they get gaslines up and running again everything will be back to the "normal" 2.50+/- prices.

[quote name='Cmosfm']Not only is it a joke, it's a poor one at that.

Gas prices aren't gonna stay high for long, once they get gaslines up and running again everything will be back to the "normal" 2.50+/- prices.[/QUOTE]

naw I heard it might go up to around 4

Im waiting for someone to take a pic of a tanker,offshore oil rig,map of Iraq or gas station and put it up for auction, and then I will wait for a buyer named Mad Max to bid on it .

Prices should go down soon now that Bush tapped into the reserve... but wait it out a few days, im sick of seeing rediculous lines at the gas stations, don't they realize that supply and demand is in effect here? People keep rushing to get gas, justifiying it by saying, "well prices are going up." Yeah, prices are going up cuz your stupid ass keeps buying it for that price, the more peoplebuy the less there is around and the higher the price... it's such a simple concept.

[quote name='brainstorm']Prices should go down soon now that Bush tapped into the reserve... but wait it out a few days, im sick of seeing rediculous lines at the gas stations, don't they realize that supply and demand is in effect here? People keep rushing to get gas, justifiying it by saying, "well prices are going up." Yeah, prices are going up cuz your stupid ass keeps buying it for that price, the more peoplebuy the less there is around and the higher the price... it's such a simple concept.[/QUOTE]

But I NEED muh gas!

[quote name='brainstorm']Prices should go down soon now that Bush tapped into the reserve... but wait it out a few days, im sick of seeing rediculous lines at the gas stations, don't they realize that supply and demand is in effect here? People keep rushing to get gas, justifiying it by saying, "well prices are going up." Yeah, prices are going up cuz your stupid ass keeps buying it for that price, the more peoplebuy the less there is around and the higher the price... it's such a simple concept.[/QUOTE]

No right-minded analyst is expecting things to get better anytime soon, regardless of Bush's actions thus far. Who the hell said prices are going down? They're fucking wrong.

OT, the third auction is selling "mint condition" gas. Huh? :)

[quote name='brainstorm']Prices should go down soon now that Bush tapped into the reserve... [/QUOTE]

The strategic reserve is oil. The shortage is gasoline. The only way to make oil into gasoline is to refine it. 30% of the US's refineries are in the New Orleans area.

Even if Bush could release an infinite amount of oil into the system, it won't do a damned bit of good until the US's refineries are repaired and brought up to full speed.

Since there is the possibility of me driving over 600 miles this weekend, I think I'd best call around to make sure there aren't any shortages where I'm driving through.

To those of you in Atlanta, good luck!

[quote name='Cmosfm']...once they get gaslines up and running again everything will be back to the "normal" 2.50+/- prices.[/QUOTE]

The problem is that a number of the Southern refineries may be out of operation for as long as three months (maybe more), so big oil companies will have plenty of opportunities over the coming months to gouge consumers Enron-style.

Remember the rolling blackouts in CA back in 2000? There weren't any actual energy shortages; Enron simply played the market to gouge prices because they could. The very same thing could well happen nationwide where gasoline is concerned.

My step father works at Valero in New Orleans and he said they're going to find out when they are reopenning today. He said they made it sound like 2 weeks minimum, but when they do open, employees will be living on site.

And LOL at the person selling a gallon for $5 in Washington. Although gas has been right around $3 for premium here for weeks, it seems to be readily available at the moment.

100 % pure regular gasoline. Mint condition. Able to run any regular gas powered vehicle. Guaranteed one of a kind, rare gallon of gas.

lol, I love my gas to be in mint condition

bread's done
Back