Your best inspirational quotes

gregthomas77

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
I am not sure if inspirational is the best word for what I mean, but I am looking for those quotes that really get you fired up. (please list the source)

To start it off, here is my favorite:

"You must never be satisfied with losing. You must get angry,
terribly angry, about losing. But the mark of the good loser is that
he takes his anger out on himself and not his victorious opponents or
on his teammates."

-Richard M. Nixon

"Good taste is the enemy of creativity"
--Pablo Picasso

Thats one of my all time favorite quotes

[quote name='Graystone']"My penis is to aware your pussy is a chamber of financial ruin" - Louis C.K.[/QUOTE]

That's supposed to be inspirational?

I'm not a hockey fan but I like Wayne Gretsky's simple quote: "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."

[quote name='dopa345']That's supposed to be inspirational?

I'm not a hockey fan but I like Wayne Gretsky's simple quote: "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."[/QUOTE]

OK, that is a great one.

[quote name='dopa345']That's supposed to be inspirational?
[/QUOTE]

Yep reminds you not to full around to much and if you do take care and wrap up.
Cause you might wake up with 12 years later with; 8 kids, a trailer, a fat wife, and a weird rash.

Vince Lombardi , best inspirational speaker for me.

"It's not whether you get knocked down, it's whether you get up."

alot of others too

[quote name='gregthomas77']Thanks. A bunch. I mean it. Seriously.[/QUOTE]
Hey no problem, always happy to help inspire people to greatness

Here's another:

"Alright" - anonymous

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The history of the world is but the
biography of great men.
Thomas Carlyle
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
Every artist was first an amateur.[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
Ralph Waldo Emerson[/FONT]

Never let the fear of striking out get in your way.[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
George Herman "Babe" Ruth

[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Dost thou love life?
Then do not squander time,
for that is the stuff life is made of.
Benjamin Franklin
[/FONT]
After the game,[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

[/FONT]

"A fat woman clip-clops into the shoe store today and says 'I want something I can feel comfortable in', so I say 'Try Wyoming!'. Now..I don't know when they started letting women carry chainsaws..."

and

"Women...can't live with them....the end."

[quote name='1SwtDeception']"Knowledge Speaks, Wisdom Listens." - Jimi Hendrix
Not too inspirational?

And whoever has that quote in their sig about people and slinkys...[/quote]

That would be lil ol' me :D

[quote name='HumanSnatcher']Just remembered one of my favorites:

"Never trust anything that bleeds for 7 days and doesn't die."[/QUOTE]
Wasn't that Mr. Garrison's inspiration for being gay?
Oh well, whatever inspires you.

Demotivation -[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica] "Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.[/FONT][FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]"
[/FONT][FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]
Discovery - "A company that will go to the ends of the Earth for its people will find it can hire them for about 10% of the cost of Americans.
[/FONT][FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]"
[/FONT]
http://www.thinkgeek.com/homeoffice/posters/32cc/Procrastination - "[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]Hard work often pays off after time, but laziness always pays off now."[/FONT]
trans_1x1.gif

http://www.despair.com/

[quote name='6669']Wasn't that Mr. Garrison's inspiration for being gay?
Oh well, whatever inspires you.[/quote]

No idea, but that saying has been around for a long time anyhow

"My mother said to me, "If you become a soldier, you'll be a general; if you become a monk, you'll end up as the Pope." Instead, I became a painter and wound up as Picasso."

-Pablo Picasso

Its just such a great line

"Fortune favors the bold." - English translation of a Latin proverb (Audentes Fortuna Juvat). Used in Star Trek DS9 by Benjamin Sisko.

"Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day;
Give him a religion, and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish"
-- unknown

[quote name='Dezuria']"Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day;
Give him a religion, and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish"
-- unknown
[/quote]

I'll definatly have to remember that one

A bunch of stuff from Dead Like Me I have found to be quiet inspirational if the person is receptive to it. Like these were from just the first episode...

"I excel at not giving a shit. Experience has taught me that interest begets expectation and that expectation begets disappointment. So the key to avoiding disappointment is to avoid interest."

"Bad people are punished by society's laws and good people are punished by Murphy's law."

There was another one from it... something to the effect of, "Finding out that you're going to die one day, that's more fucked up than anything your parents could say or do to you."

The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense!

Tom Clancy

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent."
Victor Hugo

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work!

Thomas Edison

I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally!

WC Fields

These I don't know the source, but oh well.

Television: A medium. So called because it's neither rare nor well done.

The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.

Half the people in Hollywood are dying to be discovered and the other half are afraid they will be.

I'm tired of all this nonsense about beauty being only skin-deep. That's deep enough. What do you want, an adorable pancreas?

Also see my sig for one more...

[quote name='kjauburn']Demotivation -[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica] "Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.[/FONT][FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]"
[/FONT][FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]
Discovery - "A company that will go to the ends of the Earth for its people will find it can hire them for about 10% of the cost of Americans.
[/FONT][FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]"
[/FONT]
http://www.thinkgeek.com/homeoffice/posters/32cc/Procrastination - "[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]Hard work often pays off after time, but laziness always pays off now."[/FONT]
trans_1x1.gif

http://www.despair.com/[/QUOTE]

i love them. i used to have a bunch for my desktop on my old computer.

some i liked are:

Blame -The secret to success is knowing who to blame for your failures.

Dare to Slack -When birds fly in the right formation, they need only exert half the effort. Even in nature, teamwork results in collective laziness.

Doubt -In the battle between you and the world, bet on the world.

Elitism -It's lonely at the top, but it's comforting to look down upon everyone at the bottom.

Individuality -Always remember that you are unique. Just like everybody else.

Motivation -If a pretty poster and a cute saying are all it takes to motivate you, you probably have a very easy job. The kind robots will be doing soon.

Another simple one but a favorite of mine is
"Never give up, never ever give up" Jimmy V

"What you spend years building, someone could destroy overnight; Build anyway" - not sure

“The difference between a man and a boy is, a boy wants to grow up to be a fireman, but a man wants to grow up to be a giant monster fireman.”

"I love to go to the schoolyard and watch the children jump and scream, but they don't know I'm using blanks."

"If you work on a lobster boat, sneaking up behind people and pinching them is probably a joke that gets old real fast."

Jack Handy

bread's done
Back