Your Biggest Gaming Secrets Revealed

BlueSwim

CAGiversary!
In this thread we post our biggest gaming secrets--stuff we wouldn't normally reveal either out on embarrassment or the lack of a situation to do so in. Big or small, it doesn't matter. Post as many as you like. Since it's not right for me to ask yours without giving my own, here's some of mine.

1. I have never, ever, beaten a Final Fantasy game. I have six of them and never finished any of them. I've been playing FFX since 2002.

2. I've spent more than 300 hours playing Rumble Roses XX for the Xbox 360. I'm barely 10% through collecting all of the items in it. I keep getting "distracted".

I had Barbie's Supermodel for the Super Nintendo growing up. My Mom says she bought it for herself, but I don't know if I believe her. One of the friends I had growing up enjoyed the game WAY too much. He once ran around my backyard shouting "I'm Godzilla's girlfriend!"

4. Growing up, I was such a big fan of Bowser's Koopa Kopter from Super Mario World that I had a computer box with the clown face drawn on pieces of paper taped on it. I also loaded it with stuffed animals to throw out of it while sitting in it. My cardboard Koopa Kopter was retired after I fell backwards while in it and hit my head on the piano. Even though I was crying, my friends("friends?") didn't pay any attention to what happened and just continued playing Super Mario World.

5. I used to draw my own Sonic The Hedgehog comics when I was 6 or 7. Don't know where they are now, but I'm sure they're ruined.

6. While I have a lot of them, I'm not much of a fan of Sony's first-party franchises. Gran Turismo, Twisted Metal, and Shadow of the Colossus are the only exceptions.

7. I don't view the women of Dead or Alive: Xtreme Beach Volleyball as being slutty. This statement does not apply to Rumble Roses, but I like them anyway.

8. The only systems I've ever played online multiplayer games on are Nintendo-made. I refuse to buy the ultra-overpriced WiFi adapter for the Xbox 360 and I don't have the means to make a wireless bridge.

9. It was 13 years after first playing it that I finally beat Mega Man X. In my defense, though, I did sell my original SNES copy in the late 90's. I had to wait until the MMX Collection was released on the PS2 to play it again.

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't own an Atari until I was in my 20's.

I have never played a Final Fantasy game

I started, but never finished: Zelda - Orcarina of Time, Majora's Mask or Wind Waker

I store memories in games. Its weird I'll be playing a part of a game while I think of something and then when I play that again I think of the though.

I havent beat the original Super Mario. Also havent beat any Kingdom Hearts, Xenosaga, Metroid or Mega Man

[quote name='mtxbass1']I pay for Xbox live, but don't actually play much multiplayer online.[/QUOTE]

Same... although I want to.

• I thought of and designed Mega Man II before it was even announced. Sure, the bosses and stages were all different but I thought of that shit and drew everything myself.

• I used to keep a hand-written list of every Nintendo game when I was a kid. I compiled it off of any mention of a game or ad in the Fun Club News or Nintendo Power. I say kid, but the reality was this was from 1987-1990 or so which means I didn't stop until I was a sophomore in high school.

• I have pulled multiple all-nighters designing and racing Excitebike tracks - on a 13" black and white TV.

There are more but I'll post later...

I never thought the God of War games are as good as people make them out to be. They're fun but, they're more like "play and beat for the weekend and never touch again" games for me.

Also, I practically missed out last gen games. Save for a few exceptions, the majority of my gaming then was with sports titles.

Samus is a female !

Oh wait... personal secrets revealed. I never liked the Mega Man games (and a few other NES games) because they were too hard; but I didn't like quite a few SNES games because they were too easy.

Also, I had an Intellivision almost when it first came out, and most of my friends were jealous because they only had an Atari 2600, but secretly I envied them because they had all the arcade game ports and most of their games were single player (and I couldn't always find someone at my house to play INTV with me). The next Christmas, I got an Atari 2600 with Space Invaders, Missile Command, Circus Atari and Superman (the *best* early game on the system... deep story, and in my opinion much better than the vaunted Adventure).

My friend had an Odyssey 2, and we all played it when we went to his house, but laughed at him behind his back because he had such a lame system.

Oh, and I never liked RPGs. I think it's mostly because when I was growing up, they were just number comparisons instead of real combat; but I never got into them.

Maybe more later...

I haven't beaten Super Mario Bros.

The only Mega Man game i can beat is 2.

The only Castlevania game I can beat is 2

I paid $200 for Samurai Shodown II at launch and think I ripped off the person I bought it from.

I can beat every RPG I play except for Phantasy Star II & III

I never played FFVII until the PSN release.

I played through an entire Hamtaro game.

I've never owned a PS2, and the Gamecube was my only console of that generation.

I often buy games at full MSRP. :0

[quote name='budsmoka']I store memories in games. Its weird I'll be playing a part of a game while I think of something and then when I play that again I think of the though.[/QUOTE]

Holy crap, you too? That's so trippy when that happens!

My secrets...

When I rented Paperboy 2, I liked playing as the girl :oops:

I didn't get a Saturn until August 1999. I LOVED it.

I played the PC games True Love and Love Potion.

I enjoyed the dressing up aspects of the Dead or Alive volleyball games more than anything else in the games :oops:

I bought Guitar Hero 5 just to get Guitar Hero Van Halen free.

I had a crush on Kasumi when I was 14 :oops:

I played Big Rigs.

The first RPG game I actually completed was Final Fantasy X.

I actually owned and played Big Mother Truckers.

I owned a Atari system and games and didn't know about it for over 5 years.:whistle2:# It was store away in the attic and found it when I was getting ready for a yard sale.

I ended up selling said atari in the yard sale...:roll:

I was so excited about uncharted 2's release so when I got the game I opened the case and slammed my dick between the case and I thought it was awesome

I've played over 10,000 online matches in Street Fighter IV and Super, but well under the "semi-pro" level. I'd get spanked at a tournament

The only Final Fantasy game I can stomach is Tactics, but always stop playing the game before its beaten (done that 3 times)

I love smelling the inner spine/pages of a new gaming manual (book). There's something about the scent of the glue/new pages that I find very pleasing lol

Let's see:

1. Never played a FF game besides FF13, even though I do own all except 9.
2. Haven't played The Legend of Zelda yet.
3. Never played a Mega man game for more than 5 minutes.

Just haven't found the time to sit down and enjoy them.

[quote name='Tony208']I took a break from console gaming for 10 years.[/QUOTE]
That's nothing to be embarrassed about; everyone discovers the PC eventually!

[quote name='kurrptsenate']
I love smelling the inner spine/pages of a new gaming manual (book). There's something about the scent of the glue/new pages that I find very pleasing lol[/QUOTE]

I do that too. There's nothing quite like opening the case for the first time and taking a whiff of the new.;)

Anyway, onto my confessions:

1. I've never finished a FF game, but I've owned VIII and IX before.
2. I can't stand some games that people rave about as the 'best ever'(Beyond Good & Evil, Knights Of The Old Republic, Chronicles Of Riddick)

AND.....

3. I actually enjoyed playing E.T. for the Atari 2600....

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']

2. I can't stand some games that people rave about as the 'best ever'(Beyond Good & Evil, Knights Of The Old Republic, Chronicles Of Riddick)

[/QUOTE]

[COUGH]Zelda Ocarina of Time[COUGH]

fukking hate that game

I tend to play through most video games for the first time on an easy difficulty level because I get WAY too irritated when I get to a point that takes me more than 10 tries to beat... :whistle2:#

In Dragon Age, I chose to sleep with the gay elf guy for the achievement. It was the most disturbing cut scene I have ever seen.

I didn't own a Genesis until 2002.
Now I have Geneses 1, 2, 3, 32X, and a Nomad.
I don't own a CDX, but I want one.
I still hate the Genesis system and most games for it (Gunstar Heroes being the most notable exception to that).

[quote name='Darshminder']I tend to play through most video games for the first time on an easy difficulty level because I get WAY too irritated when I get to a point that takes me more than 10 tries to beat... :whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

lol-- i do this if there is no trophy support.. If there are trophies, i'm too ashamed for people to look at my trophy card and find out. :roll:

I guess my secret would be that I missed nearly ever game that came out last generation, particularly ones made by US developers.

[quote name='iKilledChewbacca']I was so excited about uncharted 2's release so when I got the game I opened the case and slammed my dick between the case and I thought it was awesome[/QUOTE]
image.php

First time I ever beat Mario 3? Prom night. Not surprisingly I was a virgin throughout high school.

Also, I hate Call of Duty. Like, a lot.

I buy and play through (to completion) lots of licensed shitware. Yeah, that's right. Family Guy, Futurama, Simpsons (this was actually decent), Aqua Teen Hunger Force, etc.

I always wait until the shitware hits the clearance bin to pick it up but nonetheless I waste precious hours of my life on it. And I love it.

I didn't own an N64 until a year or 2 ago.

I've only ever beaten FFX, even though I own FFIII, FFVII, FFVIII, FFIX, FFXII. I've gotten at least 20 hours into FFVII and FFXII. (Actually I beat FFIII last year(DS version))

I hate Mass Effect.(though, that's not really a secret)

I think Golden Eye isn't all that. Neither is Halo.

Hello cheap bastards... My name is Carlos and I am a game-a-holic
I got lots..

1- I hate halo.. (crackdown was waay better)

2- liked golden eye (n64) but couldn't play it for more than 20 min .. (motion sickness) same with turok or any game like it (Even Mario 64 but I forced myself to play it since i was hooked on getting all the stars)

3- i beat mega man 2-8, mega man x-x8, THEN beat mega man 1!!(go figure)

4- thanks to 360, I try to get all achievements for every game I play(gt: flavarican) ... until I encountered ZUMA... I think Ill die b4 I do those...

4a - I beat Hannah the movie .... felt very gay about it.

5- I acutally own all final fantasy games except 11(online only ) but like others didnt beat any of em... ff7 I stopped playing when SPOILER: aerith dies... I was mad and turend it off! lol (loser)

6-the only game that I truly love is tetris.. I have about 13 versions of the damn game
my top 5: nes 8bit tetris ,tetris attack (snes and 64 (pokemon)), tetris gb color, tetris ds, tetris 4d (dreamcast),
note: "the new tetris " for n64 4 player only is very good too..

7 - when I was 7-9 I used to rent games every weekend (thanks mom) and I used to be in my room playing on my black n white tv until i beat such games... well one of my favorite games was journey to silious... It was also the one that almost gave me an epileptic attack!.. I was soo into it that when I beat it, I was shaking for almost 10 min straight(embarrassing)

8 - One of those weekends I ended up going to my cousins house... he had donkey Kong country 2 snes ... so I boroke night and played it all evening and all night and all next morning to beat it..

9- I have a huge backlog... I'm so behind that I don't buy new games anymore ... games like demon souls, dantes inferno, god of war 3 etc... I just wait till they go down to 20-30 the most

10 - Oh yea.. I was the champion for the Blockbuster tournament for Donkey Kong Country 1... I was # 1 in all Puerto Rico ( have the see thru trophy and picture to prove it) and the bastards didn't give me a year supply of free rentals or flew me to USA to compete ( then again I didn't know any English at the time)

I have more but thats kinda long as it is...

Only Final Fantasy game I've ever beaten is Tactics Advance and I basically have all of them, but 13.

I Own about 13 or 14 Rock Band/Guitar Hero guitars total.

I Buy alot of games, but will never get around to it.

Never played Starcraft or Warcraft.

I've spent hours on the toilet just gaming on DS or GBA.

I'm sure more to come...

- I never beat a game by myself until I was seventeen.

- I used to think Batman Forever on SNES was a good game.

- I was WAY too excited for Shadowman on N64.

- I've never beaten a Final Fantasy or Dragon Warrior game, despite having most of them.

- I used to go to this one kid's house just to play Sonic 2. I hated that kid.

- My mom wouldn't buy any consoles other than Nintendo products. I didn't get a ps2 until I was 19 and had my own job.

- My mom beat most of Super Mario World for me. Even now, I can't beat Bowser for some reason. I had to have my kid brother, who's 8 years younger than me, do it.

The last one is the one I'm most pissed about. Bowser's not even the hardest boss in the game! I can breeze through all the Koopa kids!

[quote name='Survivalism']Also, I hate Call of Duty. Like, a lot.[/QUOTE]
That's not a secret, it's a fact of life.

My first real job was used to finance a $1500 gaming computer, bought for the sole purpose of playing Fallout 2. To avoid criticism (over blowing so much money) I kept the computer completely hidden for years afterward.

If it was a nice day out and the windows were open, I enjoyed the nice weather smell on Ogre Battle Sundays.

I might be the only person to possess a photocopy of the Fallout 2 strategy guide from the Library of Congress.

When I was a kid my mother set up a rule where I could only play video games for 15 minutes if I read for an hour, so I remember carrying stacks of books from the library and reading in 8 hour blocks so I could get a decent fix of SNES Final Fantasy 2 or Simcity.

My mom used to be the ONLY person I know that beat Mike Tyson in Mike Tyson's Punch Out.

She is still the only person I know that beat Rad Racer, which was neither "rad", or much of a racer

discuss.....

SECRETS!!

I paid $400 for a Saturn and $300 for a Sega CD at launch. I also owned a 32X.

SECRETS!!

I owned something called a Vectrex. Look it up and you'll know.

SECRETS!!

I used to really like Pit Fighter for the Genesis.

SECRETS!!

I always purchase deep racing games, but never have the patience to see them through.

[quote name='kurrptsenate']My mom used to be the ONLY person I know that beat Mike Tyson in Mike Tyson's Punch Out.

She is still the only person I know that beat Rad Racer, which was neither "rad", or much of a racer

discuss.....[/QUOTE]

Holy crap...she's awesome!!!

On a related note, my dad bought the NES for me at Christmas when I was 8. He then proceeded to send me to bed at 8:30 and stayed up all night trying to beat Super Mario Brothers.

My first games for GameBoy were Tetris and The Little Mermaid.

I made it to the final battle with Ganon in Ocarina of Time and never beat the game, but when most people ask I'll tell them I did.

I own and played a lot of Princess Debut for the DS, I never beat it though... I think I liked Liam and Klaus best... I should finish that game.

I remember playing a lot of Crystal's Pony Tale for the Genesis on Sega Channel at my babysitters house when I was young.

bread's done
Back