Your chance to have your own podcast

monkeychunkuk

CAG Veteran
podcasting.jpg

As mentioned on today's podcast, we have decided to give YOU the opportunity to WIN a podcast that will be fully hosted and endorsed by Sanctuary4gamers.

The rules are simple, you send us an .mp3 file and once we have received a few of them we will put them onto the sanctuary4gamers podcast feed for all the world to listen to.
We will then ask the public to vote for their favourite podcast, and the winner will earn their place as an S4G podcaster.

The podcast should have a certain amount of gaming in the conversation, but doesn't mean it all has to be strictly gaming-related.
We would like you to submit a podcast within the next 2-3 weeks, to enroll please message Steve or Chris to find out how to submit your mp3 file.

We will be happy to help you with technical issues of making your podcast, though we will not help you edit the podcast in any way.

But you must remember that if you win, you will have to produce a podcast on a weekly basis.

A few hints and tips

• Keep show short, we don't want folk to fall asleep.
  • Test your mic before recording and then test it with the other podcasters in your team.
  • Too many cooks spoil the podcast. Nobody wants to hear people talk over each other, so keep it to a small team of no more than 3 people.
  • Make show notes and have a plan about what you want to say.
  • Don't be dull. Dull is super dull in the audio world.
How to podcast?
To podcast locally, you only need 2 things:
Audacity (a free music recording program) and a Microphone.
Record the podcast from the mics straight to audacity.

If you are recording with 2 people in different places you need 3 things:
Skype (to have a free call with each other0
Audacity (a free music recording program) and a Microphone.
Record the podcast from the mics straight to audacity on each podcasters end, then later combine the two pieces of audio to create one high quality file.

Some links:
www.skype.com
http://audacity.sourceforge.net/
Lame (you need this for making MP3s http://audacity.sourceforge.net/help...all&i=lame-mp3

The rules

• You must edit your own podcast.
  • The podcasters must not be currently producing a podcast that is already publicly available.
  • If you are a writer/admin for another website, S4G reserves the right to refuse your MP3.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']I think that was a thinly disguised bump.

I am... intrigued in entering. I used to be in a podcast. No more... no more.[/QUOTE]

no bumping required i just know cheapy runs a tight ship

[quote name='DickTowel']ive already got my own podcast show! BOOM. roasted.[/QUOTE]

cool PM me a link and ill check it out

bread's done
Back