Your College Experience

[quote name='BryceDraven']ohhh going on Myspace now to insult me? fuck you, you little mother fucker prick. Why don't all you assholes get a life and stop bring up old topics. I can't wait till a mod gets here because this is bullshit little kids. You start losing a fight so you got to personaly attack me. SHOW ME YOUR PICTURES, I am sure gamers like you guys aren't models, assholes.[/QUOTE]

Calling us kids and pricks and then begging us to show you our pictures is a classic recipe for child molestation. I could get you taken down for that.

[quote name='Chacrana']Oh believe me, I make sweeping generalizations like that all the time. Because I'm arrogant and god damnit, I love it. I don't think I took any pot shots at you personally (apart from the name calling which is fun), but c'mon... you come in here spouting garbage that's blatantly incorrect and then you.... taddle on people like an eight-year-old. It's sad because I know I'm being a dick, yet I feel so justified every time you post.[/quote] Well, that sounds fine with me. Spouting garbage? It is you fools that are spouting garbage. You think rich ivy league colleges never use their money to show off and get higher rankings... please. That is all I am saying and you call me a liar like your the fucker President of a ivy league college. You know as much as me so don't be saying I am incorret because no one but the upper guys that work for the colleges really know. Oh and I "taddled" because people are posting personal pictures of me and insulting me which has nothing to do with the topic. Like your trying to discredit me? Please bitchs, like a give a flying fuck what you think. I think what I think and you think what you think so get the fuck back on topic or waste your time posting because I am pretty sure all these posts are going bye bye like the last time a dumb fuck brought up my infamous thread and went off topic. I am sure none of you are perfect so don't be fucking making fun of other gamers, like your fucking perfect. Raise your hand if you have a girlfriend, a job, a life, going to college or went to college then watch me laugh.

[quote name='BryceDraven']ohhh going on Myspace now to insult me? fuck you, you little mother fucker prick. Why don't all you assholes get a life and stop bring up old topics. I can't wait till a mod gets here because this is bullshit little kids. You start losing a fight so you got to personaly attack me. SHOW ME YOUR PICTURES, I am sure gamers like you guys aren't models, assholes.[/quote]

Lets see. If mods come, who's going to get banned:
Established members who contribute to the community..
Or, someone who joined three weeks ago and double, no, quint posts a bunch of shitty flames?

[quote name='Chacrana']Calling us kids and pricks and then begging us to show you our pictures is a classic recipe for child molestation. I could get you taken down for that.[/quote] Posting my picture without my permission to discredit me in a topic that has nothing to do with my personal life is most likely against the law too. Hmmm I could take you guys down too. Also keep going, I am sure the mods wanna know who the people are who like to go off-topc and flame people with bullshit in the boards are so they could put a "Watch" sticker on them.

[quote name='Apossum']okay Bryce, please present us with your mountain of evidence that all colleges are the same and that ranks are just titles bought and sold by schools. :roll:

they're making fun of you because you're posting a lot of nonsense...if you could legitimately back up your claims, you could shut them up. you would probably also get a sweet book deal if you could make a convincing, solidly supported argument out of your claims. :lol:[/quote] Okay everyone against me, please present me with your mountain of evidence that all colleges are not the same and that ranks are not just titles bought and sold by the schools.

They are making fun of me because their little kids that have to bring themselfs down to insults to discredit me like that is some kind of evidence that they know what they are talking about. :roll: IF they could legitimately back up their claims, I would shut up. Maybe something like a real unbais rank study. Oh and I don't need to make a book, I got all my information from a book about 1-2 years ago. :roll:

My god.

This is like watching a train wreck.

Only somehow the train becomes alive after the train wreck and laments - rather loudly I might add - about how much being a train in a train wreck sucks.

Then another train comes alive and beats that one with a large train-sized ax.

There's also room in there for weiner dogs, but I'm only one man, dammit.

[quote name='thespillcanvas']Lets see. If mods come, who's going to get banned:
Established members who contribute to the community..
Or, someone who joined three weeks ago and double, no, quint posts a bunch of shitty flames?[/quote] Yes, it's see. If the mods come, who's going to get banned. Flamers that post personal pictures and talk about a erased topic or the person that is defending himself from the flames and childish insults. Flames? I don't flame, I defend. Their is a difference. PUT yourself in my shoes and look at what the flamers posted.

[quote name='BryceDraven']It is you fools that are spouting garbage. [/quote]

This sounds stupid.

like your the fucker President of a ivy league college.

Think about it.

You know as much as me so don't be saying I am incorret

Well... I do happen to know that "incorret" isn't a word. Which you don't. ZZZZZINNG.

Please bitchs, like a give a flying fuck what you think.

You clearly do. Bitchs.

I think what I think and you think what you think

is that right?

Raise your hand if you have a girlfriend, a job, a life, going to college or went to college then watch me laugh.

Interestingly enough, college is like a full time job if you don't go to a cheapasscollege. So no, I don't have job. I'm into investments. Do you know what those are?

[quote name='judyjudyjudy']God, it doesn't stop.[/quote] Yep, I warned them 5 pages goes to not bring up the infamous thread and wanred them again but they had to keep pushing it so they could discredit me in our fight about colleges. Like personal attacks make them right.

[quote name='BryceDraven']If the mods come, who's going to get banned.[/quote]

[quote name='thespillcanvas'] You.[/quote] You, I am defending myself. The mods are not blind.

[quote name='BryceDraven']Posting my picture without my permission to discredit me in a topic that has nothing to do with my personal life is most likely against the law too. Hmmm I could take you guys down too. Also keep going, I am sure the mods wanna know who the people are who like to go off-topc and flame people with bullshit in the boards are so they could put a "Watch" sticker on them.[/QUOTE]

1) No, it's not illegal. It was put on a public space by you. It's public domain. Can you imagine the shitstorm the internet would cause for the law every day if your inane logic actually applied to the real world?

2) No, the mods won't care. They know I'm a dick and they accept that (to some extent.) Everybody hates you. Go home.

[quote name='Chacrana'] This sounds stupid.[/quote]
Yes it does, I wonder who first posted it because I just copied them and turned it around.

[quote name='Chacrana'] Think about it.[/quote]
Think about it? You don't know what goes on behind the scenes.

[quote name='Chacrana'] Well... I do happen to know that "incorret" isn't a word. Which you don't. ZZZZZINNG.[/quote] Funny because someone used "incorret" before me, so are you talking to them? I was just saying they are incorrect.

[quote name='Chacrana'] You clearly do. Bitchs.[/quote]
Why would I care? I really don't care what you think about the subject. I am just wasting time because I am bored.

[quote name='Chacrana'] is that right?[/quote]
Yes, I do think what I think and you do think what you think. o_O It's not like you think what I think or their would be no fight about the topic.

[quote name='Chacrana'] Interestingly enough, college is like a full time job if you don't go to a cheapasscollege. So no, I don't have job. I'm into investments. Do you know what those are? [/quote] Investments eh? Yes I do. Oh and no I don't have a job too but I plan to do some internships down in Renton, WA for some video game companies.

Congratulations, you misinterpreted every single one of those quotes.

OP and jpod, I swear, people aren't this stupid in college.

OR ARE THEY?

[quote name='Chacrana']1) No, it's not illegal. It was put on a public space by you. It's public domain. Can you imagine the shitstorm the internet would cause for the law every day if your inane logic actually applied to the real world?

2) No, the mods won't care. They know I'm a dick and they accept that (to some extent.) Everybody hates you. Go home.[/quote] 1) Yes, it's illegal to use someone's picture without permission. I am pretty sure but you would have to find out about it. Then again, I am not a law major. I am pretty sure your not too? Are you?

2) Well, that is good to know. I am also a dick when people insult me but then again, I am only defending myself. Oh and you think everybody likes you? Oh and I am home. Heh it's not like I have to be liked to get cheap games.

Feed me and make me more infamous, I love it kids.

[quote name='BryceDraven']
Feed me and make me more infamous, I love it kids.[/QUOTE]

I would, but I have to get to sleep because I have class at 10 tomorrow. You know, that thing people in college do? Yeah.

I'll leave you with this: I'm right. You're wrong.

[quote name='Chacrana']Congratulations, you misinterpreted every single one of those quotes.

OP and jpod, I swear, people aren't this stupid in college.

OR ARE THEY?[/quote] Congratulations, you misinterpreted every single line you quoted first. Let's all clap for you!

Stupid? If anyone is stupid it is the kids that think personaly attacking me makes their side right.

[quote name='botticus']
Though of course, my tuition paid for brand new dorms for all the kiddies two years after I left. :roll:[/quote]Thanks! :D Too bad I'm not living in them though.

Damn, looks like this thread took a turn for the worse. Looks like the next 8 or so pages will be entertaining at least.

[quote name='Chacrana']I would, but I have to get to sleep because I have class at 10 tomorrow. You know, that thing people in college do? Yeah.

I'll leave you with this: I'm right. You're wrong.[/quote] Oh, I got class at 10am too. Then again, I go to bed at 1am so I get 8 hours of sleep and then an hour to get ready. Then again, I live in the dorms and the classroom is like a couple feet away. How far are you? :cool:

I'll reply to you with this: I'm right times ∞ and You're wrong times ∞.

[quote name='judyjudyjudy']*passes the popcorn before the show is over*[/quote] Everyone is gone, you're to late. :(

BUT we can go back to talking about college... hmmm... "Your college experience", are you going to college and if so, do you like it?

[quote name='TahoeMax']'twas a nice topic for awhile. can't believe it turned into a flamefest. how silly...[/quote] Yea, I liked the topic too but those darn silly flamers. Well atleast you can say that your the only one that didn't go off topic and do any flames. I am pround of you, it brings a tear to my eye.

My college experience is right now. Instead of working on my paper for English (which is worth almost 1/5 of my overall grade) I'm browsing CAG...something tells me I'll regret this in the morning.

[quote name='zewone']You suck.[/quote] No, I lick. :cool:

[quote name='whoknows']My college experience is right now. Instead of working on my paper for English (which is worth almost 1/5 of my overall grade) I'm browsing CAG...something tells me I'll regret this in the morning.[/quote] Ohhh English papers... man.. Summer quarter, I had to write a 20 page research paper. It was the last English class I had to take though. I got a D... lol! The English class before that I got a C+. Darn, English kills my GPA. Oh and you should work on it, I know it's hard to sit their and write but you should since it's 1/5 your grade.. my 20 page paper was 3/5! :drool:

[quote name='whoknows']My college experience is right now. Instead of working on my paper for English (which is worth almost 1/5 of my overall grade) I'm browsing CAG...something tells me I'll regret this in the morning.[/quote] Ohhh English papers... man.. Summer quarter, I had to write a 20 page research paper. It was the last English class I had to take though. I got a D... lol! The English class before that I got a C+. Darn, English kills my GPA. Oh and you should work on it, I know it's hard to sit their and write but you should since it's 1/5 your grade.. my 20 page paper was 3/5! :drool:

[quote name='BryceDraven']No, I lick. :cool:

Ohhh English papers... man.. Summer quarter, I had to write a 20 page research paper. It was the last English class I had to take though. I got a D... lol! The English class before that I got a C+. Darn, English kills my GPA. Oh and you should work on it, I know it's hard to sit their and write but you should since it's 1/5 your grade.. my 20 page paper was 3/5! :drool:[/QUOTE]
Damn, 20 pages. I think the teacher said the longest paper would be 6 or maybe 10, I forget.

I'm working on the paper now though, finally. Its supposed to be 2-4 pages long which isnt that bad, I'm going to try to BS my way to 3ish.

It is kinda annoying since the topic is about Malls and American culture and thats a subject I dont really care about.

[quote name='whoknows']Damn, 20 pages. I think the teacher said the longest paper would be 6 or maybe 10, I forget.

I'm working on the paper now though, finally. Its supposed to be 2-4 pages long which isnt that bad, I'm going to try to BS my way to 3ish.

It is kinda annoying since the topic is about Malls and American culture and thats a subject I dont really care about.[/quote] Yea, 20 pages.. I BSed a lot of it which is most likely why I got a D in the class.. lol. I also have bad grammer. I toke a research class English 104 instead of the normal advanced English which was English 103 because I was told 104 was better for my major. I bet, 103 would of been easier.

Well that's good. 2-4 pages isn't that hard if you find some good sources and if you really get into it you might make a good paper.

Yea, it hate doing random topics. Atleast in the research class I got to pick my topic. I picked "Chinese Economy and the affects on the United States".

[quote name='BryceDraven']Yea, 20 pages.. I BSed a lot of it which is most likely why I got a D in the class.. lol. I also have bad grammer. I toke a research class English 104 instead of the normal advanced English which was English 103 because I was told 104 was better for my major. I bet, 103 would of been easier.

Well that's good. 2-4 pages isn't that hard if you find some good sources and if you really get into it you might make a good paper.

Yea, it hate doing random topics. Atleast in the research class I got to pick my topic. I picked "Chinese Economy and the affects on the United States".[/QUOTE]
Yeah, the thing is the thing about malls is an article in the textbook, so I have to go by that. The crappy thing is, the essay is shorter than the paper I'm writing is supposed to be.

Ah well, I BS'd it and only got to 2 1/2 pages. I'm out of idea's though, so I quit :lol:

[quote name='whoknows']Yeah, the thing is the thing about malls is an article in the textbook, so I have to go by that. The crappy thing is, the essay is shorter than the paper I'm writing is supposed to be.

Ah well, I BS'd it and only got to 2 1/2 pages. I'm out of idea's though, so I quit :lol:[/QUOTE]

Well, if you're desperate for more length you can comment about the fascination between zombie invasions and malls in the entertainment industry (Dawn of the Dead and its remake, Dead Rising, etc.).

[quote name='captainfrizo']Well, if you're desperate for more length you can comment about the fascination between zombie invasions and malls in the entertainment industry (Dawn of the Dead and its remke, Dead Rising, etc.).[/quote] Haha yea, that is a good one. Zombies + Malls = Fun :D

[quote name='jPoD']Wow alot of posts were deleted. What gives?[/QUOTE]I don't remember when you went to sleep, but I think you missed out on a barrage of rambling idiocy from he-who-is-no-longer-with-us.

[quote name='judyjudyjudy']I don't remember when you went to sleep, but I think you missed out on a barrage of rambling idiocy from he-who-is-no-longer-with-us.[/QUOTE]
Wow, I just noticed he was banned.

I'm running on MDX and Vault right now. I've been up for 30 hours now without sleeping. YAY waiting till the last minute to do papers

he's banned? wow, I didn't he did anything wrong... except for acting like a total idiot. hey, I'm all for banning total idiots after they've provided a substantial amount of entertainment :lol:

[quote name='judyjudyjudy']I don't remember when you went to sleep, but I think you missed out on a barrage of rambling idiocy from he-who-is-no-longer-with-us.[/QUOTE]

I think I got up to page 8. He was telling Fishing to post his pic. LOL good fuckin riddance

Thanks for all the replies! I haven't been on CAG since i posted this yesterday afternoon (my Dad ended up in the hospital from an infection) so it took me quite a while to read through all the responses. Anyway, I read alot of comments about BU, and one that I heard that I didn't like was that they are not too good when it comes to giving out finiancial aid. I was wondering, Jpod, how they are helping you out financially, and do you like it there? I'm looking into Ohio State and I'm going to look into some of the other schools mentioned in this thread such as Case Western Reserve.

Some info about me and what I'm looking for, I can't really decide whether or not I want to go to a small school or a bigger school so I am going to apply to a couple of both. I think I'd be happy anywhere I go as long as the social scene is good and I'm able to have a good time. I don't want to commute to a school, I want to live there. Financial situation: I want a school that's going to offer me good financial aid, I won't be able to go to a school with no financial help for $40-50k a year. I'm hoping for a school that will cost me less than $20k a year (after financial aid). I've always done well in school and tried fairly hard, though I haven't taken any honors classes or AP classes. I've gotten all A's and B's in my college (level 2) courses. I've played sports all 4 years of high school and have recieved multiple varsity letters. My Cumulative Weighted GPA is 3.114. My unweighted GPA is 3.840. My class rank is 62 of 243 (Tough class this year). I got a 1760 /2400 on the new SAT's, and I am taking them again in October. Hopefully that's enough information for you guys to direct me towards some other colleges you might have in mind.

One other question, I have an Uncle in Florida and another Aunt/Uncle in California and I was wondering if I could somehow establish residency with them, because I know tuition is alot cheaper for instate students. I want to know if this is possible because I am interested in FSU,UCF, and University of California at Los Angeles, Berkley, or Santa Barbra. Thanks again for all the help.

[quote name='jPoD']Wow alot of posts were deleted. What gives?[/quote]
Housecleaning the OT posts.

[quote name='Chacrana']My argument was completely off topic... I guess.[/quote]
Yours and the others that were OT.

[quote name='judyjudyjudy']I don't remember when you went to sleep, but I think you missed out on a barrage of rambling idiocy from he-who-is-no-longer-with-us.[/quote]
[quote name='whoknows']Wow, I just noticed he was banned.[/quote]
[quote name='Chacrana']Ironically, he was telling us that we'd all get banned....

and that idiocy was due to me.[/quote]
[quote name='Apossum']he's banned? wow, I didn't he did anything wrong... except for acting like a total idiot. hey, I'm all for banning total idiots after they've provided a substantial amount of entertainment :lol:[/quote]
He's gone for three days, not permanently. I thought a timeout for a tempertantrum like he tossed was proper punishment. Further occurances, that's another matter entirely.

And to whomever said that the OP abandonded this thread, his post above obviously says different. Plus, it's cleaned up from that earlier waste of pages.

LOL, nice job on the banning.

As for the OP, your GPA is EXCELLENT. However, your SAT score is less than stellar, which will hurt you. I suggest taking it again and trying for a higher score. My cousin had an excellent GPA like you, but her SAT scores were similar to yours, and it closed a lot of doors for her. Hell, my school's salutatorian obviously had a very high GPA, but she got similar SAT scores, and did not receive scholarships from schools that people with lower GPAs did (but with higher SATs). Just something to consider.

As for residency, I can't comment on specific schools, but generally a PARENT has to be living there full-time for you to claim residency. My father was working in Cleveland when I applied to OSU and I was able to claim residency because he lived and worked there full time during that period.

EDIT: Noticed you mentioned Case Western in your post, OP. The SAT is VERY important there. It dictates how much scholarship money you get from them for the main scholarships. When I applied, with the old SAT, 1300+ got you ~half off tuition, 1400+ got ~75%, and I think 1500+ got a bit more. If you get one of those scholarships, Case is a great value. I got one of them, but I would be the minority at Case- a business student- and I liked the atmosphere of OSU a lot more.

As for OSU, if you're a minority or out-of-state with even HALFWAY decent credentials, you'll get a nice scholarship. Since you have a high GPA, I think you have a good chance of getting a nice scholarship from them.

[quote name='advancedgamer468']Some info about me and what I'm looking for, I can't really decide whether or not I want to go to a small school or a bigger school so I am going to apply to a couple of both. I think I'd be happy anywhere I go as long as the social scene is good and I'm able to have a good time. I don't want to commute to a school, I want to live there. Financial situation: I want a school that's going to offer me good financial aid, I won't be able to go to a school with no financial help for $40-50k a year. I'm hoping for a school that will cost me less than $20k a year (after financial aid). I've always done well in school and tried fairly hard, though I haven't taken any honors classes or AP classes. I've gotten all A's and B's in my college (level 2) courses. I've played sports all 4 years of high school and have recieved multiple varsity letters. My Cumulative Weighted GPA is 3.114. My unweighted GPA is 3.840. My class rank is 62 of 243 (Tough class this year). I got a 1760 /2400 on the new SAT's, and I am taking them again in October. Hopefully that's enough information for you guys to direct me towards some other colleges you might have in mind.[/QUOTE]When you're applying for schools, I don't think you should worry about cost too much, because you never know how much a school wants you and how much they're willing to cover you until you're accepted. If cost is a big issue, just make sure to apply to a state school (just in case). Unless your family is filthy rich, you likely qualify for some sort of financial aide. Just try for all the schools you like and see what they offer you. (On a side note, are your weighted and unweighted GPAs mixed up? I thought weighted is always greater than unweighted.)

One other question, I have an Uncle in Florida and another Aunt/Uncle in California and I was wondering if I could somehow establish residency with them, because I know tuition is alot cheaper for instate students. I want to know if this is possible because I am interested in FSU,UCF, and University of California at Los Angeles, Berkley, or Santa Barbra. Thanks again for all the help.
My friend who went to a UC tells me that you need to prove residency for at least a year prior to attending. Here's the UC Berkeley page concerning residency:
http://registrar.berkeley.edu/Residency/establish.html

[quote name='advancedgamer468']I got a 1760 /2400 on the new SAT's, and I am taking them again in October.[/quote]I guess that's my cue to say that I feel old. How the hell do they score the SAT now?

[quote name='botticus']I guess that's my cue to say that I feel old. How the hell do they score the SAT now?[/QUOTE]

There's a new writing section added that's much like the old SAT II Writing that's 600 points. A few other things were added and a few were removed. On the old scale, that's about a 1170, not a great score, but above the average of 1000.

bread's done
Back