Your favorite 360 game that no one else liked?

[quote name='GhostShark']I love Rockstar Table Tennis. I remember playing this with some co-workers years ago for hours on end. Such a great game. I would welcome a sequel with open arms.[/QUOTE]

I still have that game, though I haven't played it in a long time. I've been a 360 owner since launch and I really think people take for granted what games are out these days. That first year had some pretty big dry spells and this game was extremely welcomed by me when it came out. Great graphics, awesome music, simple game and a sweet "budget price" at the time.

I loved it.

[quote name='georox']Earth Defense Force 2017 and Onechanbara.. I bought both for full price at launch. So fucking worth it... moreso on EDF.

Oh, and Bullet Witch is great too.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm ... Bullet Witch is coming up a lot. I have that sealed somewhere :) May need to try it out. I admit I bought it because I thought the protagonist character design was awesome looking ;-)

From the look of things it seems I'm the one person on the planet who likes Naughty Bear. It's not quite what I expected it to be initially but it's still pretty entertaining.

[quote name='silversnake5']I can't remember if anyone said it, but Stranglehold was fun for me. I like the over the top action[/QUOTE]

I liked Stranglehold too! I had been hoping John Woo would do a game ever since I saw The Killer and Hard Boiled! :applause:

[quote name='Archaic']I definitely second Bionic Commando. The difficulty/glitches were annoying, but the swinging was way better than any Spiderman game. Also by GRIN, I liked (not loved) Wanted: WoF.[/QUOTE]

I got that on clearance. Still not finished, but its ok. Not great, but good.
Altough to get all goodies, you got to swing a lot.

The Darkness and darkSector I thought were both amazing. Got them for like, $10ea and enjoyed them far more than some of my full priced games.

Bionic Commando. It has some rough patches, yes (the toxic air comes first and foremost to mind and the non sensical story), but it was fun once you got the hang of it and it has one of the best soundtracks in a game.

Bionicle Heroes....picked it up for $10 and its really a good game...If you like all the lego games, then you should try this game out.

[quote name='dinovelvet']I'll second Kane & Lynch. I really enjoyed the single player and the unique multiplayer mode.[/QUOTE]

Played through with a friend, and enjoyed it myself.

[quote name='aspen1284']Dark Sector... Never heard anything about it, but I loved it![/QUOTE]

I paid $8 or so for it, and was pleasantly surprised.

[quote name='evildeadjedi']Lots of people hated Dead Rising and I think it's one of the best :360: titles.[/QUOTE]

I remember the hate as well. I liked Dead Rising, and hope the sequel is good too.

[quote name='jman619']Bulletwitch ftw! :lol:[/QUOTE]

Did people dislike it? I'm not much for the DMC series, but I was able to get into Bulletwitch.

Undertow--had a ton of fun with it in the two short bursts that it actually had players online (after release and after free giveaway)

Another vote for Too Human. Played this game relentlessly. Hope they end up doing a sequel, hoping for them to complete the promised trilogy; that might be a stretch though.

Last edited by a moderator:
CHROMEHOUNDS! One of the best summer releases the 360 has ever had! I played this every night with my friends and kept the tradition alive for months.

I haven't read through the thread and not really sure if this would qualify as a "hated" game, but I have always thought The Club was one of the best games released on the 360. I couldn't get enough of it.

sacred 2

why: customization, exploration, get mounts, when you play with friends you can trade weapons and do missions together, many things to do, you can customize how your weapons are used, how to dual wield and the damge used as in magic fire ice or poison.

why people didnt: story line wasnt very addicting (no cutscenes in the story mode) and confusing unless you figure out how to custonmize and what you need to do

This has been mentioned but one of my favorite games on the 360 is Earth Defense Force 2017. Alien invasion, giant monsters to kill with tons of different weapons, MASSIVE explosions. It just doesn't get any better than that. :)

I also enjoyed my time with The Last Remnant, Tenchu Z, Bulletwitch, and Too Human.

[quote name='mission42']I liked fracture, the ground shifting was a new element in a game that I hadn't seen before and I thought it worked pretty good for a first attempt. It was a pretty good game really, not sure why it got so much hate. I'd say for a $15-$20 purchase it's a good pick up and play through.[/QUOTE]

Fracture was a great game in my opinion. I had a lot of fun with it.

[quote name='bardockkun']Bionic Commando. It has some rough patches, yes (the toxic air comes first and foremost to mind and the non sensical story), but it was fun once you got the hang of it and it has one of the best soundtracks in a game.[/QUOTE]

^This.

Seriously, the story mode is pretty cool.

Don't let the multiplayer demo fool you.

[quote name='Morphx2']Shadowrun was on the PC as well, thats where I bought it. It was neat in that I can play against 360 people on it[/QUOTE]

Does anyone still play? I've been thinking about picking up a copy for a while. IT looks interesting.

I just finished Alpha Protocol, and I rather like it. There are flaws (mostly combat mechanics), but I can always overlook that as long it's playable.

Infinite Undiscovery. I skipped this based on reviews and opinions when it came out, but played it just earlier this year after seeing it really cheap used.

I thought it was actually pretty great. Gameplay was fun, and the story was really engaging. It was a bit short, but it was never boring.

Dante's Inferno
Having never played GoW, I was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed this game. Loved the epic boss battles, the puzzle-platforming, and the different type of enemies.

I saw it mentioned quite a few times but I gotta say Too Human, it's my standby I always go back to when I have nothing else to play. Quite possibly my favorite 360 games. I just wish there were a sequel.

Red Dead Redemption.

The game isnt bad but its just not that great. The actual gameplay is rather boring and there isnt really much to do. I refuse to pick fucking flowers in a video game. And dont see myself wasting time playing video game poker when I could play real poker.

I would rather play GTA than this because everyone is just more fun.

Dark Sector, Alpha Protocol and Resonance of Fate are some of the first to come to mind. Some were more flawed in their approach than others (Alpha Protocol...) but eventually centered themselves enough to be some of my wiser purchases of my gaming history.

I pray a developer ballsy enough to pick up AP can produce a sequel with a learning curve nowhere near as brutal as the original.

I vote Alpha Protocol.

Now, do not mistake this.....that game is pure shite. Dialogue is mind numbing, combat is broken, plot is confusing as all hell, mini games are brutal. Hell I even skipped 80% of the cut scenes because I literal had no idea who are what the fuck they were talking about.

But even after all that....I still enjoyed myself a decent amount.

There's quite a bit:

Dynasty Warriors Gundam 2 - I've logged in over 160 hours into this. I still play it quite often.
Viking - Not as glamorous as other action games but still it's fun. The huge war battles are epic. I'm sure the game can be found for cheap as hell now.
Blue Dragon - I liked the graphics, music and traditional JRPG gameplay. The 360 needs more like this.
Tenchu Z - I remember absolutely hating the demo but a friend suggested I give it another try. Probably the best $5 I ever spent. I'd like to see From Software bring this series back to the 360 with more emphasis on online co-op play. It's truly one of the best ninja games ever.
Phantasy Star Universe - The only MMO I ever played. Me and some buddies had a blast with this for quite a while. Getting wasted and fucking around. Ahhh, I miss those days.
Transformers 2 - The new TF game blows this away, but at the time it really was the best TF game ever. I even liked the first one.
Spider-Man: Web of Shadows - It had problems but I enjoyed it. Very fun and addicting battle system. Nice to see a Spidey game not tied into a movie or TV show. They had the right idea but needed a little more polish. With that it could've shined much like Batman AA.

Kane and Lynch & Jericho! A lot of people I know hated both but I enjoyed them. Not my favourite games but still I enjoyed them.

Can't wait for Kane and Lynch 2

[quote name='daz0rz']Kane and Lynch & Jericho! A lot of people I know hated both but I enjoyed them. Not my favourite games but still I enjoyed them.

Can't wait for Kane and Lynch 2[/QUOTE]

Definitely agree with this.

Also:

Amped 3 or
Fallout 3,

I know both were acclaimed by critics but all the people I knew didn't really like them.

[quote name='Over easy']I just finished Alpha Protocol, and I rather like it. There are flaws (mostly combat mechanics), but I can always overlook that as long it's playable.[/QUOTE]

+1 See how Bioware is sampling their discussion tree system for Dragon Age 2.

Halo Wars had decent reviews, but everyone that I know despised it. I actually loved it. I thought it was fun as far as console RTS games go. I thought the controls were great given the limitations. The storyline was decent. And the Halo fanboi inside of me loved the Halo universe that it was set in.

Second to anyone that has mentioned The Club. Really, fun game and never knew anybody that played it.

EDF is so great. I still chant "EDF! EDF!" Whenever I see my cousin.

No offense, but I absoultely hated Jericho. What a steaming pile.

I'm shocked (unless I missed it) that no one mentioned that Dead Or Alive Xtreme 2. I got that at Circuit City for like 5 bucks and literally thought about ending my life after playing it. Actually made me hate boobies for about a week.

EDIT: I got some good times out of Blitz: The League 2.

bread's done
Back