Your GOTY so far

I've been enjoying Call of Juarez and the Conduit, but there are no contenders for GOY as of right now. I will be waiting for MW2; I am almost positive that it will be my favorite of the year.

Definitely inFAMOUS for me so far. I've spent most of this year concentrating on games in my backlog, so I haven't played many 2009 releases, but it would be up there for me regardless. Great game. I've gotten Prototype from Goozex but have yet to start it, and Red Faction is still in my queue there, so for now inFAMOUS stands alone.

By the end of the year, though... LOTS of contenders to steal the crown. Brutal Legend, Heavy Rain, Scribblenauts, Modern Warfare 2, Uncharted 2, and Darksiders are all games I'm thinking of as potential Day 1 purchases. Is Assassin's Creed 2 supposed to come out in '09 or '10? What about Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time? The Last Guardian? (Pretty sure this one is 2010) I know there are others I'm forgetting. Makes it a bit easier to wait for 2010 games like God of War III and Alan Wake. What I really need is the time to play these games. :lol:

RE5 is hardly GOTY material.. for me InFAMOUS is my GOTY so far with KZ2 close behind.. I doubt it would hold up by the end of the year. Lets see we got a few notables coming up: Halo ODST, Uncharted 2(this probably will take my vote for GOTY), Modern Warfare 2, Dragon Age Origins (ill take this will be PC GOTY), and maybe Operation Flashpoint.. Im sure one of them will surpass InFamous or any other game released during the 1st half of 2009.

1. inFamous
2. Killzone 2

Still waiting for Modern Warfare 2, Uncharted 2, and Splinter Cell Conviction (I still believe Splinter Cell is coming out this year).

Tie between inFAMOUS and Red Faction. UFC is sports GOTY for sure.

By the end of the year, it's going to be a really, really tough call between MW2, Uncharted 2, and Splinter Cell: Conviction.

Killzone 2 so far. I played inFamous a bit at my brothers house and it was great! I can see why all the people here are putting it up as their GOTY. I'm gonna have to pick it up from TRU at $45.

place-holder: Resident Evil 5.

I've been waiting for RE5 since early '05; that's 4 years of waiting. Whereas RE4 blew away expectations, RE5 met them. RE5 recycled most of RE4 elements. RE4 had better mood and settings. RE5 had sheer action and power. okay, that's not really GOTY material....if only Dead Rising 2 came out this year. [sighs]

Best Game Add-On: Burnout Paradise's Big Surf Island.

Any game or add-on which captivates so much playtime deserves at least an honorable mention.

Street Fighter IV - The most fun I've had gaming with friends since the guitar hero/rockband craze.

RE5 - Good... definitely not RE4.

Killzone 2 - disappointing.

inFamous/ Red Faction - Tons of fun but not quite GOY material.

Overall I think MW2 will run away with it come fall.

Best game that came out this year: Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection
Best game played this year: Valkyria Chronicles
Best game I've played as of this year: Everquest

So far:
--RE5

Been playing 3 hours every night for the past week:
--Sacred 2

I think Sacred 2 will win out. This game is super addicting.

Reading this just made me realize that I haven't bought a new game for the 360 this year. I bought Dead Space for $20 (beat it, it was awesome), and Condemned 2 and Dark Sector for $3.50 each, but that's all I've bought this year for retail games. I bought Magic The Gathering on Arcade, The Sims 3, and Plants vs Zombies. Out of those 3, I think I would give PvZ the GOTY award.

I'm going to get Halo Wars soon now that it's starting to pop up for $30, and Resident Evil 5 is something I want to play, but nothing else interests me since I only have a 360, PSP, and a computer that can't run games particularly well.

I guess Killzone 2... I thought they did a very good job w/ the mix of online and story modes. In the end it may probably only win in the best graphics category..... or maybe Uncharted. I can't give SF IV GOTY honors, if GOTY is going to be a fighting game, then I think I'm going to go with KOF XIII (or maybe Blazblue).

[quote name='ninja dog']So far:
--RE5

Been playing 3 hours every night for the past week:
--Sacred 2

I think Sacred 2 will win out. This game is super addicting.[/QUOTE]
The fact that I bugged out 3x in the first 30 minutes has me not echoing your sentiments. Love loading a game and being stuck between a wall and an open chest, with no way to get out. Woohoo!

Street Fighter IV (Xbox 360). Most hours I've put into a games in years. It's not perfect, but it's fun, and the online competition keeps me coming back for more.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Street Fighter IV
Current runner up BlazBlue.

This is the year of the fighters.[/QUOTE]

This pretty much sums up what I was gonna say.

Uncharted 2. The game is incredible...

... just kidding. I wish I could play it already. For me I'm going to have to say Infamous or Resident Evil 5 (since it's a blast to play co-op)

This has been lean year for me on games so far. But tail end looks packed with games I really want though. Anyway I will have to say Flower on PS3 as the best game I played this year.

uncharted 2 will win that honor gauranteed. that beta was just mp and it was the shit so add that pluss more and single player and i think its gonna be game of the year but if were only talking about games ive played that were complete then infamous for now but as far as surprises go id say bionic is surprisingly good.

For now, it's [Prototype]. It's alot of fun to just run around the city and cause mayhem.
in second place, it would have to be RE5 barely beating ghostbusters.

Red faction: Guerilla i just did not like.
I don't know why. For some reason i just got bored with RF:G really quickly and i have no desire to play it again anytime soon.

I, Unfortunately, Can't afford a ps3 right now so i can't comment on InFamous,KZ2 or any of the other exclusives(Though infamous does look pretty awesome).

Saints Row 2 (PC)- It got released for PC in January. Although the port sucks.

The only other game of 2009 I played was Madworld and that game was repetitive shit (and I usually love games of that type).

Well, currently the only 2009 games I've played have been Street Fighter IV and Resident Evil 5, and I've loved both of those. Really hard choice, but I'm currently thinking that Batman: Arkham Asylum, Modern Warfare 2 or Splinter Cell: Conviction can be the GOTY.

bread's done
Back