Your most hated 360 game that everyone else loved?

Mass Effect- The game is so slow and the quest system is atrocious.
Dead Rising- It feels like a last gen game. Mostly; I hate the picture system.

You guys are making me weep when you mention Dragon Age and Mass Effect! Argh!

GTA IV was impressive (I especially like Euphoria), but I'm so sick of the mobster stereotyping and the combat in that game is so annoying. Saints Row 2 did almost everything better, and is based around FUN and not physics and realism.

I heart DA:O and Mass Effect (mostly DA:O, ME is getting stale with its combat). The conversational options are so dynamic and thorough that it's probably the best portrayal of a living person in-game. Also they are some of very, very few games that manage to get me attached to the characters, because they are so believable and in-depth.

All opinion though. Some surprising mentions here... :whistle2:#

Bioshock started off so good, but I thought it totally fell apart after the infamous plot twist. The last half of the game or so became a total chore to complete.

Hrmm...Bioshock...absolutely Hated it. Dead Space....Didn't like it.....GoW...just didn't like it either....CoD....Mucho overrated IMHO too.

definately Red Dead Redemption. The first 2/3 of the game are pointless filler. The quests are boring. The scenery pretty much all looks the same. I don't know why this game gets such great reviews

[quote name='EarthBound Sucks']
The Orange Box. Mostly the Half Life series. I don't think i'll buy another Valve game thanks to this game. I just don't like anything Valve has done.[/QUOTE]

Me and you, we're gonna be friends. :)

For everything you just said, with the one exception of Portal and possibly Portal 2. :)

I'm gonna throw Left 4 Dead and L4D2 in there too. Those games suck. That engine is so old.

I would not say I hated it but I was pretty dissapointed in it - Halo 3. I don't play games online and the single player was lacking.

Burnout Paradise is a good game but if you played the older versions - this feels like a rehash in many ways.

Gears of War. I got GoW1 on Goozex and I've been doing the campaign, it's been DAMN boring, and I'm doing co-op and everything. It's decent enough to run through the first time, but it's not something I always look forward to play.

"Hate" is too strong a word though, it'd only "hate" it if I could stand it's presence in my game case. I just don't like it a significant amount. I'd even go as far as to give it a 6/10.

Oh and Cliffy B is a douchebag. That is all.

[quote name='Puffa469']Assasins Creed. Literally one of the worst games I've ever played.[/QUOTE]

I completely agree. Gets praised WAY too much, it was so boring and slow paced and everything felt too tight and scripted. You can only do these cool things when it's related to the mission? How f****g boring is that? Like eavesdropping. You should be able to do it to find random missions or treasures hidden or somewhere.
Like if I were to eavesdrop randomly on a bench, I'd hear someone talking about a treasure or some side mission, and that'd give me clues to find stuff myself, like a detective.

Halo 3 because it was pretty boring. Same with ODST. Although, ODST was less boring.

Blue Dragon. What a turd that game was.

GTAIV

Biggest let down of my gaming life. The whole formula was destroyed. I quit playing the game after I died twice from stepping off of curbs. I cant even look at the box without getting pissed off.

[quote name='advanced']Can I ask why? If so, why? What didn't you like about it?[/QUOTE]
Agreed, I'm curious why people don't Borderlands. Not that they can't have their own opinion, I'm just curious. I love Borderlands, probably my favorite current gen game. It just sucked me in, I had so much fun playing.

I'm so happy that I've gotten a fair amount of enjoyment out of just about every game mentioned in this thread.

I wouldn't go so far as to say that this video game generation is the best one, but I literally cannot remember a time within the past 4 years when I haven't had another absolutely stellar game on the back burner waiting to be played after I finish my current game. For example, I rolled from RDR, into Assassin's Creed 2, next up is Mass Effect 2. After that will come either SMG2, Metroid Prime Trilogy, or more God of War Collection. I'm fucking psyched.

[quote name='The Holy Pretzle']Gears of War. I got GoW1 on Goozex and I've been doing the campaign, it's been DAMN boring, and I'm doing co-op and everything. It's decent enough to run through the first time, but it's not something I always look forward to play.
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I just didn't understand what the big deal was. It's just run, take cover, shoot over and over again. I know some might say that applies to any shooter, but Gears seemed to take it to an extreme.

Dead Rising - I loved the idea of this game, but hated it in practice. I didn't like the controls and the save system was by far the most infuriating part of it all. I hated having to run half way across the mall to a bathroom to save only to die on my way there and lose 40 minutes of progress. The time limit of the game blows too. I tried playing through this game twice, and I think I got about 2 hours in each time before giving up out of frustration.

Dead Rising
Crackdown
Gears of War 1/2
All the CoD stuff

The older a game is, the more likely it'll have some overrated score we've been exposed to less great games.

GTA IV: Too boring to even finish. It's ridiculous that this game has the highest metacritic rating on both the PS3 and 360. Better than Uncharted 2? Give me a break.

COD MW 2: I enjoyed Spec. Ops and the single player, but both were short and the multiplayer was atrocious. MP was a huge let down as I loved COD 4.

I actually only own a PS3 but those games are multi-platform anyway so who cares.

I always look for an engaging story in a game so Resident Evil 5 and Shadow Complex disappointed me in that category. With the latter, I expected a well-woven story of intrigue given the big-name author (Orson Scott Card) attached to the project, but was surprised to see how little plot and development existed. With the former, I expected some so-bad-it's-good cheesiness, but it only bored me throughout.

I've also never been able to see the big deal about Battlefield: Bad Company, Dead Space, Condemned, or Mirror's Edge.

I really don't hate any of these games though. I just don't understand why they received 8s and 9s when they seemed more like 6s and possible 7s. I think sometimes that video game critics don't know how to use the full range of their ratings scale.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dead Rising, Fallout 3, Bioshock

I actually beat Fallout 3 (and loved Oblivion), but just didn't like the game.

I beat Bioshock as well, but just didn't get what all the hype was about and found it repetitive.

[quote name='myl0r']Agreed, I'm curious why people don't Borderlands. Not that they can't have their own opinion, I'm just curious. I love Borderlands, probably my favorite current gen game. It just sucked me in, I had so much fun playing.[/QUOTE]

Borderlands downright sucks if you play it by yourself. The game has no real story to speak of, the quests are repetitive, and there were a ton of bugs in the PC versions launch. The metric-ton of guns thing was fun at first, but eventually you find yourself a gun that accomplishes any task quite nicely, and can go a good ten levels or so without needing another one. Not only that, but only half of guns created actually made any sense, and maybe one in a hundred would ever be a keeper for anyone.

There are RPG's that do the RPG elements better, and FPS's that did the FPS elements better

Crackdown, easily. I've tried a few times to pick it up, and just can't play for more than an hour. Granted, I haven't tried coop, but even still, the game is just a steaming pile imho.

Fallout 3: not really hated it, but really don't see the love everyone seems to have for it. It's just too... grayish green.

Fable 2, Oblivion and Fallout 3. I just don't see the appeal. Watching some play Fallout 3 in third person mode also make me cringe.

Dead Rising & Devil May Cry 4

In other words, games that get bj's from people mostly because they're Japanese games but if they were made by Bungie and had the same flaws, they'd be touted as the worst games ever.

keep in mind i have played and beat all these games so i did give them a chance
left 4 dead 1 & 2 ( I F**KING HATE THESE GAMES, THEY SUCK!)
Dead Rising
Red Dead Redemption...Kids don't want to be cowboys no more that time is long gone
All Half life's
both Crackdowns
All GTA's
Both Bioshocks
Was Big fan of Final Fantasy series but new XIII sucks
All COD's Except MW & MW2
PS3-Modnation sucks ...wannabe Mario kart with long ass load times
ResidentEvil 4&5 loved the originals til they change the game-play, enemies & storyline
All the Tomb Riaders ....nice boobs though
PS3-Uncharted 1 & 2 .....congratulations you remade Tomb Raider with a man... no boobs so sad :(
PS3-Resistance 1 & 2 ...WWII with monsters lol ...k
I'm sure they are more, but i cant think right now..... i can go on forever

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Salamando3000']Borderlands downright sucks if you play it by yourself. The game has no real story to speak of, the quests are repetitive, and there were a ton of bugs in the PC versions launch. The metric-ton of guns thing was fun at first, but eventually you find yourself a gun that accomplishes any task quite nicely, and can go a good ten levels or so without needing another one. Not only that, but only half of guns created actually made any sense, and maybe one in a hundred would ever be a keeper for anyone.

There are RPG's that do the RPG elements better, and FPS's that did the FPS elements better[/QUOTE]

Ahh. Alright, I can see it. When I first started it, I was playing by myself, so I felt a lot of that too. When I started doing multi, thats when it bit me.

You don't have to lie, Cheko7z. It's not difficult to see if you've beaten any of those games (let alone even played them once). Also Crackdown 2 just came out two days ago and you made a list of games "you totally beat" and put that on it? But I'm not seeing any evidence of games like: Red Dead Redemption, Bioshock 2, Uncharted 2, any current Tomb Raiders, or Orange Box. Just admit that you either didn't like the first game or didn't give any of them a chance, because you didn't beat them on your profile and I'm sure you didn't beat them anywhere else.

Uncharted 2 has actually been the only PS3 game I've beaten since I got my PS3 last August and I thought it was amazing. I'm also confused to how anybody could dislike a single Valve game let alone anything made by Bioware (okay so maybe Jade Empire was a little weak). Seriously, though, how are there so few people who disliked Final Fantasy XIII!?

Also, if we are going to talk about PS3 games that we disliked: Metal Gear Solid 4 was a tragedy and this is coming from a person who liked Metal Gear Solid 2 (but not a ton). I was so excited for this game that I bought a PS3 for it, played it for two days straight, and then admitted to myself how bad it was and returned everything. I never beat it but I'm convinced that it only get worse from where I left off...

[quote name='uglyteradon']I'm also confused to how anybody could dislike a single Valve game let alone anything made by Bioware (okay so maybe Jade Empire was a little weak). [/QUOTE]

Left 4 Dead 2 is exactly Left 4 Dead, just add in some stupid new modes. Left 4 Dead was dated before it even hit stores. The graphics are horrible, the AI is god-awful and it lacks a story (granted most zombie games lack a decent one). I've never found one redeeming quality to either game except that the discs could make cool looking coasters.

Everything on the Orange Box except Portal was pretty bad too. TF2 I never gave a chance, but I didn't like Half Life at all.

And some people don't like FPS-RPGs. I know that I don't like bald space marines. ;)

[quote name='uglyteradon']
Uncharted 2 has actually been the only PS3 game I've beaten since I got my PS3 last August and I thought it was amazing. I'm also confused to how anybody could dislike a single Valve game let alone anything made by Bioware (okay so maybe Jade Empire was a little weak). Seriously, though, how are there so few people who disliked Final Fantasy XIII!?

Also, if we are going to talk about PS3 games that we disliked: Metal Gear Solid 4 was a tragedy and this is coming from a person who liked Metal Gear Solid 2 (but not a ton). I was so excited for this game that I bought a PS3 for it, played it for two days straight, and then admitted to myself how bad it was and returned everything. I never beat it but I'm convinced that it only get worse from where I left off...[/QUOTE]

both uncharted games were phenomenal. i agree mgs 4 was the weakest in the series. personally my order from best to worst is mgs 3, 1, 2, 4.
i also agree about ff13, i was so hyped about this game and it has been such a let down for me, i haven't even finished it yet, i think i am on chapter 10 or 11. ff 12 was far superior, but 10 and 8 are still the best IMHO.

[quote name='afultz075']Dead Rising - I loved the idea of this game, but hated it in practice. I didn't like the controls and the save system was by far the most infuriating part of it all. I hated having to run half way across the mall to a bathroom to save only to die on my way there and lose 40 minutes of progress. The time limit of the game blows too. I tried playing through this game twice, and I think I got about 2 hours in each time before giving up out of frustration.[/QUOTE]

Up until last december I would've said the same thing but then it clicked when I ended up giving it another chance after not touching it for months and I've played it through multiple times now. I'm just saying to give some things a second chance sometime...for me same thing goes for mystery science theater episodes as well, ones I find rough after one watch I try again later and it sometimes it just works that second time.

Fallout 3, Oblivion, and everything in the Orange Box except Team Fortress 2. I just hate the 360 version of TF2 because there's barely anyone ever on.

[quote name='advanced']Left 4 Dead 2 is exactly Left 4 Dead, just add in some stupid new modes. Left 4 Dead was dated before it even hit stores. The graphics are horrible, the AI is god-awful and it lacks a story (granted most zombie games lack a decent one). I've never found one redeeming quality to either game except that the discs could make cool looking coasters.

Everything on the Orange Box except Portal was pretty bad too. TF2 I never gave a chance, but I didn't like Half Life at all.

And some people don't like FPS-RPGs. I know that I don't like bald space marines. ;)[/QUOTE]

I guess I just really enjoy the L4D series because I have a group of friends to fill up the void of bad AI. I also really enjoy zombie-anything and haven't gotten sick of the genre, yet. Beating Half-Life was probably one of the biggest accomplishments in gaming I had when I was younger (that and beating all the Lucas Arts Adventure games... besides Dig). I'm invested in the Half-Life series like people invested in Zelda, just can't get enough of that quiet protagonist-gaming!

Team Fortress 2 on 360/PS3 dwarfs in comparison to what it is on the PC.

[quote name='ctrek3']both uncharted games were phenomenal. i agree mgs 4 was the weakest in the series. personally my order from best to worst is mgs 3, 1, 2, 4.
i also agree about ff13, i was so hyped about this game and it has been such a let down for me, i haven't even finished it yet, i think i am on chapter 10 or 11. ff 12 was far superior, but 10 and 8 are still the best IMHO.[/QUOTE]

I still really like Final Fantasy 3 (Japanese 6)... but a lot of Japanese companies just haven't kept up with "Western Gaming" across the years. A gap has been created and they attempted to fill it with nonsense story-lines, Japanese mellow drama, and "totally sweet graphics" as any fan would put it.

It's great for those fans of little-kid-anime shows like Naruto and Bleach because their attention span has already been tested to show that they can watch the same thing over-and-over again. I'm not even saying that shooters haven't developed similar paths here, but I feel if I dissect it anymore I'll just be saying: "Video games take a protagonist and put them against impossible odds to defeat something... the end."

Then again I'm a big fan of post-apocalyptic settings and that's been a bigger push in gaming for the past five years or so. So when I can traverse the ruins of places like Washing DC, Rapture, Sera, or City 17... then I'm pretty set on mood and can just enjoy what the game provides from that point. If I have to swallow things like: Raiden & Vamp fighting/flirting, Shilly-Shally-Dilly-Dally Final Fantasy dialog, soldiers with diarrhea (poop is funny), or even forty-minute cut scenes then I'm pretty BORED.

Also, I've only played Uncharted 2 but there were moments in that game where I was literally on the edge of my seat. It was a whole lot of fun.

bread's done
Back