Your most hated 360 game that everyone else loved?

[quote name='uglyteradon']You don't have to lie, Cheko7z. It's not difficult to see if you've beaten any of those games (let alone even played them once). Also Crackdown 2 just came out two days ago and you made a list of games "you totally beat" and put that on it? But I'm not seeing any evidence of games like: Red Dead Redemption, Bioshock 2, Uncharted 2, any current Tomb Raiders, or Orange Box. Just admit that you either didn't like the first game or didn't give any of them a chance, because you didn't beat them on your profile and I'm sure you didn't beat them anywhere else.

Uncharted 2 has actually been the only PS3 game I've beaten since I got my PS3 last August and I thought it was amazing. I'm also confused to how anybody could dislike a single Valve game let alone anything made by Bioware (okay so maybe Jade Empire was a little weak). Seriously, though, how are there so few people who disliked Final Fantasy XIII!?

Also, if we are going to talk about PS3 games that we disliked: Metal Gear Solid 4 was a tragedy and this is coming from a person who liked Metal Gear Solid 2 (but not a ton). I was so excited for this game that I bought a PS3 for it, played it for two days straight, and then admitted to myself how bad it was and returned everything. I never beat it but I'm convinced that it only get worse from where I left off...[/QUOTE]
lol it's sad that you think that's my only gamertag or system. Some of us do have alternate "Special" systems, if you get my drift lol, that can't go online, you can believe what you want...so if your reference is my gamercards lol u suck as a detective....... anyways as for the metal gear series i was upset mgs4 too as well only because the freaking game seemed to be more like one long movie versus a actual game ... i beat it to fast ...but i wouldn't say it was a bad game i personally wouldn't get rid of it ..it'll stay in my collection... and keep in mind people the thread is called games you hated but everyone else liked... anything said is a matter of preference and opinion ...not a matter of convincing others of what is true or false in a person's post....grow up.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='uglyteradon']

I still really like Final Fantasy 3 (Japanese 6)... but a lot of Japanese companies just haven't kept up with "Western Gaming" across the years. A gap has been created and they attempted to fill it with nonsense story-lines, Japanese mellow drama, and "totally sweet graphics" as any fan would put it.
[/QUOTE]

i loved final fantasy 2 (4) and 3 (6) for the snes when they first came out. still do they are in the top half of the series the best final fantasies were 1, 4, 6, 8, 9, 10, and 12. IMO. i have finished them all except 2, and 13. never touched 11 and of those i think i hated 5 the most, bored the hell outta me, and the worst end bad guy, ex-death, really?!? i think kefka was probably the best bad guy in the series.. and i loved the story for 10. even 10 -2 was decent, but could have been much better.

o and you should really play the first uncharted, the second was better, but the first was amazing as well.

i will admit that assassin's creed 1 was really slow and repetitive. i think they did a good job of tweaking it for the second one. (i want more of the desmond story) the first bioshock (imo) was freakin' sweet. the second one not so much. a big daddy shouldn't have any problem doing what you have to do in that game. any game where sleeping with multiple partners is an achievement i'm just going to stay away from (fable). the sheer massiveness of anything with bethesda's name on it scares and intrigues me at the same time. i don't know that i want to lose 100 hours plus of my life on somehing that will not matter after i die. but yeah. to each his own. and anything involving "kinekt" i'm going out on a limb and saying that won't be enjoyable either.

[quote name='uglyteradon']I guess I just really enjoy the L4D series because I have a group of friends to fill up the void of bad AI. I also really enjoy zombie-anything and haven't gotten sick of the genre, yet. Beating Half-Life was probably one of the biggest accomplishments in gaming I had when I was younger (that and beating all the Lucas Arts Adventure games... besides Dig). I'm invested in the Half-Life series like people invested in Zelda, just can't get enough of that quiet protagonist-gaming!

Team Fortress 2 on 360/PS3 dwarfs in comparison to what it is on the PC.
[/QUOTE]

If you like Valve, you love Valve. If you don't, you can nitpick them to shit.

[quote name='cheko']lol it's sad that you think that's my only gamertag or system. Some of us do have alternate "Special" systems, if you get my drift lol, that can't go online, you can believe what you want...so if your reference is my gamercards lol u suck as a detective....... anyways as for the metal gear series i was upset mgs4 too as well only because the freaking game seemed to be more like one long movie versus a actual game ... i beat it to fast ...but i wouldn't say it was a bad game i personally wouldn't get rid of it ..it'll stay in my collection... and keep in mind people the thread is called games you hated but everyone else liked... anything said is a matter of preference and opinion ...not a matter of convincing others of what is true or false in a person's post....grow up. [/QUOTE]

So you steal games? That's pretty lame. Also you said you had beaten all of those games but you only obviously never beat Dead Rising and I really doubt you pirated it later just to prove to everyone that you can only hate something if you've beaten it. Just admit that there are games on that list that you never beat and probably never played.

I just don't believe you, man.

[quote name='ctrek3']i loved final fantasy 2 (4) and 3 (6) for the snes when they first came out. still do they are in the top half of the series the best final fantasies were 1, 4, 6, 8, 9, 10, and 12. IMO. i have finished them all except 2, and 13. never touched 11 and of those i think i hated 5 the most, bored the hell outta me, and the worst end bad guy, ex-death, really?!? i think kefka was probably the best bad guy in the series.. and i loved the story for 10. even 10 -2 was decent, but could have been much better.

o and you should really play the first uncharted, the second was better, but the first was amazing as well.[/QUOTE]

Man... I regretfully played Final Fantasy XI at one point. I'll have to pick up Uncharted eventually because I've heard great things and I liked Nathan Drake as a character because he reminded me so much of Nathan Fillion.

[quote name='advanced']If you like Valve, you love Valve. If you don't, you can nitpick them to shit.[/QUOTE]

You speak the truth, good sir. I absolutely love Valve.

[quote name='uglyteradon']So you steal games? That's pretty lame. Also you said you had beaten all of those games but you only obviously never beat Dead Rising and I really doubt you pirated it later just to prove to everyone that you can only hate something if you've beaten it. Just admit that there are games on that list that you never beat and probably never played.

I just don't believe you, man.[/QUOTE]

Never Said I steal or pirate anything and i'm pretty sure no one on this thread or in the world cares who you believe on a anonymous forum site.
lmao
I don't like those games that's just my opinion move on man.

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']Any game loved by the people in this thread who are hating on Mass Effect.

Real answer: Fallout 3.[/QUOTE]I also hate games where I see bad grammar hideously coated in a red font.

Those are the worst.

:cool:

[quote name='cheko']
Never Said I steal or pirate anything and i'm pretty sure no one on this thread or in the world cares who you believe on a anonymous forum site.
lmao
I don't like those games that's just my opinion move on man.
[/QUOTE]

"Some of us do have alternate "Special" systems, if you get my drift lol, that can't go online."

Alternate special systems as in what, then? They can't go online... why is that exactly? Is it because you need an vague excuse to backup your lame cover story? I'm having a hard time sifting through all your shit at this point, man.

So I'm done.

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']I also hate games where I see bad grammar hideously coated in a red font.

Those are the worst.

:cool:[/QUOTE]

I am producing some laughs for this.

vague excuse to backup your lame cover story lol....yea your right because why would i go into detail for a no-name like yourself, Bout time your done ... i mean really ... this is a thread on people hating on games they don't like ...all your preoccupied with is if my Gamerscore proves that i've played the games and dissecting every post i make, who's the lame loser ...please....Go away...o and my grammar who f**king cares........

I must admit I tend to get a bit defensive of the games I like when other people don't, but I'd like to hear some reasons other than "it sucks." I'll try:

As far as Left 4 Dead, I'm not big on multiplayer, because the people on Live tend to suck the enjoyment out of everything. I never had Live before and now that I do I don't particularly care to constantly be the LOL NOOB. I just want to shoot stuff and have fun, I'm not there to impress all the 14-year-olds and it's actually not that big of a deal when you kill someone. It strikes me as something I'd really enjoy if I had the right people to play with but I think that ship has sailed.

The same goes for Call of Duty. First off, and for the most part, I'm not terribly interested in war games. War is real and depressing and I don't get enjoyment out of it and don't wish to immerse myself in it. I like shooters and I can see why people enjoy Call of Duty but, at the same time, I play them and can't tell what distinguishes them from all the countless other shooters that preceded them. They're not bad, they're just generic, and I can't figure out why COD4 in particular took off. Maybe because it was the first one in the series to replace the generic battlefield setting which they immediately returned to in WAW and MW2. They don't do anything that Medal of Honor didn't do before them and now, of course, with MOH coming out everyone immediately calls it a "COD ripoff" despite the fact that, in reality, it's the exact opposite.

[quote name='cheko']i'm pretty sure no one on this thread or in the world cares[/QUOTE]

You're right, so let's end this discussion.

[quote name='Survivalism']You're right, so let's end this discussion.[/QUOTE]
Exactly and for that alone i will post no-more

I don't buy many games that I hate, nor do I hate most games that people love. I will say that I did not like Dead Rising very much, and the Left 4 Dead games, while fun, I think are highly overrated. I did buy each game at $25. Team Fortress 2 on the 360 is the worst online shooter I have ever attempted to play.

[quote name='Morphx2']Red Dead
Any GTA-type open world games
Halo games
Fallout 3
Call of Duty games[/QUOTE]

What games do you like?????!?!?!?!??!?!

Anyway I didn't really like Fable 2 because of the ending; my finger slipped and the game ended....wtf?!??!?!?

[quote name='advanced']Can I ask why? If so, why? What didn't you like about it?[/QUOTE]

I really tried to like it! I played some single player but never felt like I had a purpose of playing other than to shoot things. Never understood why exactly I did it and where I was going for doing it.

Then with multi, it was always a mess unless everyone was at the same level and played as a group. But even then, it still felt pointless to me.

It felt more like an MMO without the 'M'.

Maybe I didn't RDR a big enough chance, spent a couple days just screwing around in multiplayer with coworker and probably a few decent sized single player sessions (3-4 hours ish each) but I did not like it very much.

Got boring real fast for me, not exactly sure why. I can stomach the DW series easily, so guessing it wasn't just that it was the same thing over and over. Suppose it was decent and not quite that I hated it, just don't see how many people tout is as GOTY so far.

I can't buy all the games that are hot, since i just have not the money to buy everything.
But the ones i buy i try to finish, although i never get all achievements.

Oblivion is one of the games, that has a lot of options where you can do so many things, but it does feel cold and i never connected to the character.
So i still did not finish the game and not sure if i ever will.
Dragon Age on the other hand, drag me in to the game and let me feel with my character.
That is the same reason i like MassEffect. I know not everyone agrees with that, but it does have a nice story and overall its nice.
Call of Duty was fun for online play, but single player was so flat, it was like a cheap novel. Thats why i never even thought about getting MW2.
Not sure about Final Fantasy 13, looks like it might be not as good. Waiting until its cheap enough.

[quote name='jkanownik']Dragon Age: Origins. The writing seemed like D&D fan fiction written by a very lonely 13 old boy.[/QUOTE]

Actually, it reminded me off Lord of the rings without the ring. The main story was soso.... but that wasn't really what bogged me. I enjoyed the game.
But i know most people i spoke to, they got annoyed by the long dialogs.

Gears of fucking War 2.

Nothing short of a near death experience could come close to enraging me in less than five seconds of game play like this game can on a consistent basis. I hate that game more than the witless 12 - 17 year old racial slur spewing demon spawn I have to look forward to every time I venture into MW2 MP.

Speaking of which MW2 is next on my damn list. My last copy of Gears is going to have company in the trash soon enough. I can feel it.

GTAIV - surprised at all the dislike here. Did that new car smell wear off? I put in about 8 hours and threw in the towel. The last one I played was GTAIII and IV had the same exact problems as that game from 8 years prior. Zero improvement. Pretty sad Rockstar.

COD: MW2 - bought and played MP for a few hours and just don't get the appeal of "one hit kill" multiplayer. Dying before you even know where you are even being shot from is too frustrating for me.

Uncharted 1 - While Uncharted 2 was brilliant from the opening cinematic to closing credits, part 1 was mostly a chore. It looked and felt like a Tomb Raider, but the puzzles were lame and uninspired. The gunplay was like Gears of War, but very rudimentary and flawed. Just a giant mish-mash of 'meh. The only thing that saved it from total mediocrity was the voice talent.

Mad World - I think the new car smell wore off this one pretty fast. People were hot on it when it came out, but man what a repetitive mess of a game. Fun for an hour or two, nothing more.

[quote name='Nogib']Any and every iteration of Halo. It's soooooooooooo mediocre at best and for the life of me I just can't understand the raving fanboys and why they give such excessive adulation to this undeserving series.[/QUOTE]

I love how liking Halo automatically equates to raving fanboy. :roll:

[quote name='Salamando3000']Borderlands downright sucks if you play it by yourself. [/QUOTE]

I disagree sir. I'm level 60 with my Siren and I've probably played 90% of that solo. It's a fun game solo or multi, IMO.

[quote name='thetoxicone']Dead Rising....Up until last december I would've said the same thing but then it clicked when I ended up giving it another chance after not touching it for months and I've played it through multiple times now. I'm just saying to give some things a second chance sometime...for me same thing goes for mystery science theater episodes as well, ones I find rough after one watch I try again later and it sometimes it just works that second time.[/QUOTE]

I liked Dead Rising from day one, but the complaints are 100% valid and I can see why it turns people off. Once the game clicks though (you figure out the save system, realize you don't have to do all the case missions, etc.) the game is a blast. The game is exactly what people want out of GTA... run around and kill shit in a sandbox environment. Fun!

1st i'll say i hate shooters unless its like half life 2 hehe

but fallout 3 and halo 3 ;)

h3 had such a big event for halo 3 but yet it's beatable in a day

i got hte pc version but fallout 3 just couldnt get into it past the vault. i loved oblivion but not really fallout :)

I always hated halo. don't know why i bought it. i hate how you cant target like in any cod games or any good shooter for that matter. halo is a game where its truly a moving camera with a gun.
[quote name='kholdstare622']Fable 2, and here's why[/QUOTE]

and yea fable II. the worst part of fable is the online orb dealy. I remember playing and was in bowerstone market ( i believe thats what it was called). anyone with the orbs you can hear the next person and in that market there are a ton of orbs. so there was this kid there that was being beat by his mother. he called her a fucking crack whore and he proceeded to be beaten by his mother on xbox live. you can hear the slapping of his flesh. i was trying so hard to find his orb so i can mute him even asking him who he was. he knew what i was doing and tried to hide from me calling me the N word (even though im not black). as i was trying to find him he continually called his mother a crack whore and she continued to beat him and he screamed with every crack of his mothers hand. worst experience ever.

[quote name='shosh'] calling me the N word (even though im not black). [/QUOTE]

A "$$$$er" is an ignorant person, skin color need not be involved.

Your situation has nothing to do with the game. You could have been playing Uno or 1 vs 100 and that could have happened. It's silly to blame the game for it.

Ironically though, my game of 'hate' (such a strong word) is also Fable II. I just didnt find the game fun at all. It was just monotonous doing the dace or thumbs up gesture to get a present or to get someone to want to marry you. The combat was okay, I guess, but I had no real connection with it. The 'golden breadcrumb' trail was wonky as hell, sending you often in circles. And the worst were the loading screens. Even after I installed the game on my hard drive, there would be a long load screen whenever I switched areas. And seeing as though there is a lot of travel in the game, this just became irritating.

I finally just got fed up with it after rescuing the first 'hero' (the Amazon fat chick) and put it up on Goozex. I just couldn't be bothered to suss out what fun there might have been in the game.

[quote name='hostyl1']A "$$$$er" is an ignorant person, skin color need not be involved.

Your situation has nothing to do with the game. You could have been playing Uno or 1 vs 100 and that could have happened. It's silly to blame the game for it.
[/QUOTE]
i disagree, the N word is a derogatory word for black people, obviously derived from negro. to say the n word refers to an ignorant person is pretty much calling black people ignorant.

and that situation has everything to do with the game. its not easy to find someone and mute them in that game when youre at bowerstone market. the whole online portion of that game is simply awful.

From dictionary.com
2. Slang: Extremely Disparaging and Offensive . a person of any race or origin regarded as contemptible, inferior, ignorant, etc.

This for the longest time was the official definition of the word. It wasnt till relatively recently that the dictionary was re-drafted to present "a black person" as the primary definition. I rememebr it being a big deal when I was still in school.

Don't really care what the dictionay says. I find it offensive that they put slang like that in the dictionary. I bet nobody has ever used that word generically toward an ignorant person. Try that term on an ignorant friend of yours in front of a group of black people. I sure don't think they'd be too pleased. Use of that term for a ignorant person would be offensive to black people, much like the word gay to describe a weakling.

I honestly don't know where the dictionary gets off trying to officiate this word either

When I was first taught that word by my grandmother, that's the definition she used. She uses the word to describe people of all races.

I've used that word in front of black people many times. Never had anyone get too upset about it.

Then again, I *am* one of those 'black people'

Bioshock. I simply cannot get into this game. I just seems like it would be more fun to watch than to play.

Nuts and Bolts. The physics are terrible and floaty. Yes, I get that it is a toy box with unreleastic parts and such.

As for this?

[quote name='hostyl1']When I was first taught that word by my grandmother, that's the definition she used. She uses the word to describe people of all races.

I've used that word in front of black people many times. Never had anyone get too upset about it.

[/QUOTE]

I'm one of 'those uppity black people,' who can will and has gotten upset over that word. It has never been thrown at me in a friendly manner and has /always/ been used by a racist jerk. As with anything, anecdotal evidence means nothing.

Wow, lots of Fallout 3 and Oblivion on here. I guess it's a love or hate thing...I thoroughly enjoy Besthedia's games. I can understand Mass Effect, even though I ended up loving that game too. It was very very difficult to begin and get into. But after putting some time into it, I found that it was like a good book or movie. Takes its time developing the plot and characters, but once it gets going, it's hard to put down. Awesome soundtrack too. The game and story will stick with you if you complete it.

First and foremost is Mass Effect 2 for me. The first game had an incredible story (one of the most epic I've seen in awhile, especially with a game that has shooter gameplay), and it kept me hooked for a long time. Mass Effect 2 was a huge chore to play through. It had a terrible opening, nothing happened in the story (loyalty missions were such a time waster. The characters from the first were much better), and the ending sucked. The only reason I finished was because of Mass Effect 3.

I could never get into Borderlands. I'm not a big multiplayer guy (I don't even have live gold), and without a solid story, I lost interest very quickly. No denying it's a good game, I just need a good story to hook me.

No Call of Duty or Halo games have ever really hooked me. Maybe because I don't do the whole multiplayer thing.

Half-Life 2 was a mediocre experience. The story was decent, but the level design was awful. Remember that mission when you were in the desert dunebuggy? You'd have to drive about a minute before you got to the next set of enemies. Terrible.

I did enjoy the Left 4 Dead games when I was with friends. I also loved Fallout 3 and Oblivion.

I'm not really excited for anything coming out on 360 either. None of the exclusives really appeal to me anymore so I'm thinking about selling it. I tend to play multi-platform games on 360 though. I've been playing nearly all ps3 lately.

I don't think I've ever really "hated" a game, but I never took to Bioshock like everyone else has. The game gave you all of these powers and techniques, but they never really felt unique since almost all of the firefights are just an orgy of bullets, projectiles, etc. You just had to keep up with the rest of the enemies, so whatever clever use I had planned for these powers was nixed for the standard strafe-&-shoot formula.

I never much cared for Left 4 Dead either, even after playing the game I was still having trouble figuring out what made it so good. I can certainly see how it's enjoyable for co-op, but I don't quite get all the talk about how there's all this polish, the "director AI" is amazing, etc. It's still kinda fun, but it's really not much more than a first person wave shooter, and I've also never really liked that "hyper-speed" tempo and floaty controls that games like L4D and Unreal use.

I can't really think of any game that i've *hated* that others love, but I can think of a few that I'm largely indifferent to that others love: Gears of War, Halo, MW2.

[quote name='hostyl1']When I was first taught that word by my grandmother, that's the definition she used. She uses the word to describe people of all races.

[/QUOTE]

The fact that you're black is precisely why no one has gotten too upset about it. Word definitions change over time, and "ni**er" is a word that has largely been seen as being specifically derogatory towards blacks. It's why you never see anyone who's not black use it unless they're either on XBL, talking about the word academically or using it as a put down for black people.

None of these are 360 exclusives, but...

I didn't hate Oblivion, but I couldn't get into it. I loved Icewind Dale / Neverwinter Nights / Baldur's Gate etc, but something just didn't click for me in Oblivion. Mostly the enemies leveling along with you. So if I hop around while traveling between cities, the mobs gain level? Really?

Braid too. I never really understood why it's so critically acclaimed.

GTA4 also.

Braid too. I never really understood why it's so critically acclaimed.
Yeah I can agree with this as well. I'll admit the big twist was pretty interesting, but they didn't really do a good job of keeping you interested up until that big reveal. Outside of that the game seemed rather generic, the character/enemy designs look like they belong from any generic platformer. What little interest I still had after playing it was even further quashed by listening to the creator smell his own farts in interviews.

bread's done
Back