Your Preferred P2P Program?

[quote name='WildWop']Usenet is hit or miss, though, as most ISPs have some kind of download restrictions set. I used Usenet all the time back at school (Adelphia), but found it impossible to get anything useful here at home (Comcast).[/quote]

Due to download speeds or the server breaking binary posts? Because the latter problem has been largely remedied with the advent of par and par2 files.

[quote name='WildWop']Usenet is hit or miss, though, as most ISPs have some kind of download restrictions set. I used Usenet all the time back at school (Adelphia), but found it impossible to get anything useful here at home (Comcast).[/quote]

Then you really haven't used USENET. Comcast does suck. Verizon, however, is really good. As you said. ISP support of USENET is hit or miss. But if you rely on your ISP as your sole link to USENET, then you really shouldn't be using it at all. Get a pay service. A good unlimited pay service will start at $15 a month. Trust me. It will pay for itself in no time. Going over to USENET is like getting laid for the first time. It changes you in so many ways it's not even funny.

I've always used kazaa, but now I use kazaa lite (get it at techtv.com) it's the best, but I think it's called Edonkey? That's good too. Some other people use WINMX, but I like Kazaa Lite overall of them.

I still can't figure out IRC, I think it's a matter of patience and perhaps my firewall isn't helping...

I use eMule as an all-purpose program, and get new-ish anime thru Bit Torrent. Anyone looking for new unlicensed anime should check Animesuki.com for legit torrents, they organize all the ethical fansubbers.

For holes in the collection I use Direct Connect (worked better for me than DC++).

bread's done
Back