Your thoughts on my possible pricing for my Garage Sale

You should probably lower the prices a bit. If you don't feel comfortable doing that on an item than it's not garage sale material, sell it online.

[quote name='Filbert']You should probably lower the prices a bit. If you don't feel comfortable doing that on an item than it's not garage sale material, sell it online.[/quote]

I tend to disagree... start asking high and people WILL haggle. It's a garage sale after all.

That being said... perhaps the computer is a bit overpriced? The gfx card is nice but the rest is a few years old. Is the monitor an LCD or a CRT? (This matters...) If CRT I would say you should still ask for the $150, but don't be dismayed if someone counteroffers with $100. If LCD, you could get the $150.

I'd either lower some of your prices on the PCs or remove them. Most people don't bring $150-$200 to a yard sale, and even if they would, those aren't really worth what you're asking. If I were you, I'd remove the PCs altogether and try to sell them on eBay/Craigslist. The rest of the prices range from pretty good to barely passable. I'd say to try to lower everything a little, I mean, this is a Yard Sale, not a CL ad.

-5.1 Logitech Pc speakers amazing sound about 4 years old. $20

These might be worth a bit more depending on what model number they are.

If they're z680s and in good condition, you could bump it up to $60-80 and try to get some techie to buy 'em.

Update with prices
So the wedding has come and gone and now I have to get rid of some of my stuff (Don't worry none of my gaming stuff is going bye bye)

But here's the list. If the CAG community wants to help me with pricing, Being sold at the large garage sale this weekend

-250 watt Phillips 5 disc stereo with usb connection, small enough to fit on a bookshelf, 2 large speakers, and remote-Great shape paid about $125 for it 2 years ago. $20-$30 obo

-Mac G4 Cube (450 mhz 1 GB ram, OS X10.4, 20 GB HD, office, wireless, etc) no monitor or keyboard and no discs
. $120, they seem to be a semi-collectors item

-2.0 GHZ Pentium 4 pc, with 512 ram, 15" monitor, comes with discs, XP, ATI Radeon 9600 128mb video card, firewire, PlexWriter 48x cd burner and Sony DVD rom, 80 gb HD, mouse, 20 inch flat screen monitor, keyboard. (Good for web browsing, light gaming/older gaming) I was thinking $130 obo. I has a clean copy of XP and open office. Also has some other older programs like Nero and what not

-Misc Ikea cups and plates $0.50 each
-Coby DVD player in good condition $10
-Polaroid PDV0700 Portable DVD player with battery headphones and car charger and remote $15-$20
-5.1 Logitech Pc Z-640 speakers amazing sound about 4 years old. $20-$30
Pic here
http://cgi.ebay.com/Logitech-Z-640-5-1-surround-computer-speakers_W0QQitemZ270275426443QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item270275426443&_trkparms=72%3A1205|39%3A1|66%3A2|65%3A12|240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

-GE Microwave perfect for a dorm 2 years old, $22
-Generic 2 cup with portable cup coffee maker $12
-Misc DVDs $2-$4 each (Except for Magvyer Seasons 3 and 5, they will be $15 each)
-Misc Star Wars action fleet toys Sealed electronic FX Emperor Palpatine $10
-VHS tapes $0.50
-xbox wireless controller $10 (overprice I know)

Ps2/ps1 games most of them are in poor shape and were trading fodder for months on Goozex,
-ps2: GTA Vice City disc only heavily scratched, madden 2004 complete, Red Dead Revolver, Fight Night Round 2 (generic case), Marvel UA (Complete)
Ps1-Syphon Filter disc only, Wild 9 complete, MLB 2000 disc only, and possibly a copy of RE3 disc only

I was thinking for the ps1 games $1-2 a piece, and Wild 9 would be $4. PS2 games Disc only $3, all the others $4-$5

So let me know what you think, about prices and stuff.

Or if you are interested in the items....

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back