Your thoughts on Tales of Symphonia?

I am about 30 hours into Tales of Symphonia and let me say, this game kicks ass. I am an RPG vet and this game is just plain fun. I always hated random battles, but in this game you can evade any enemy you want (except for bosses of course) because you can see them coming. And yes, the game can be played with 4 people, but I have yet to. The computer AI does exactly what I want it to, and you can micro-manage them to your hearts content.

The story might seem cliched early on, but it does have some surprises down the road. This is also the first RPG ive played where I really didnt have to sit for hours and level up. If you just fight normally, you should do OK.

A must buy.

I was about 20 hours in and just arrived in the other world when I had to return it to blockbuster. :( Oh well, I am buying it tomorrow so YAY! :D

"I don't know why but this game was not my cup of tea and I'm a fan of action RPGs. I found the battle system to be pure button mashing and the plot was pretty lackluster (I only made it to about 2 hours in)."

The plot getsprogressivley better, and if you try to button mash later on you will die.

I really enjoy this game. I played through it in 55 hours, then immidiately started a new game and bought some powerups (which you can only do after beating the game). Very rarely will I play through a game twice in a row.

I played through Wind Waker and Metroid Prime twice each, but those were months apart, even Skies of Arcadia only got played once.

Bottom line, this game is really fun to play.

bread's done
Back