You're in the Movies (360) $10 at Best Buy B&M after $10 off RZ coupon (until 5/17)

splintercell

CAGiversary!
Best Buy's free Gamers Club has an in-store coupon for $10 off a bunch of PC games as well as You're in the Movies for the Xbox 360. Since the game + Live Vision camera bundle retails for $20, this should take it down to $10.

Update 5/5: As several helpful folks have pointed out, the item seems to be currently on sale at BB for $9.99 even without the coupon, so if the coupon is also accepted it may end up being free, but YMMV on that.

Update 5/11: It looks like the temporary sale is now over, so it once again rings up at the full $19.99, and with the RZ coupon it comes down to $9.99. The free ride looks to be over.

This looks to be the link to check stock availability in stores (which seems pretty limited already, but the stock levels don't seem completely accurate): http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...product&skuId=9112514&productId=1218024597755

The coupon is currently the fourth item in the Special Offers list under the Gamers Club section of the RZ site.

Direct link to coupon (probably have to signed into your RZ account): https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/viewDetails.jspx?tc=CPN_10

Coupon valid from 5/4 through 5/17.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mrhappi79']What do you mean by unload? Just curious[/QUOTE]

I think he ejaculated all in someone's face.

This sale is still live even though the casheir girl was all flabbergasted. She tried to get a manager to verify it but he was busy . Another employee came over and said it was "legit" and i was on my way . I had to tell them to scan the coupon three times for the discount and also said that people are doing it at Best Buys everywhere . I told her is was all over the web ( not mentioning CAG of course ).

They had four more SO-CAL CAGS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!:hot::hot::hot::hot:

Thanks OP, just got a couple in the Chicago Burbs. Looks like most of the stores around here were cleaned out when these hit $19.99 so $9.99 on its own is a sweet deal! The coupon is just icing on the cake. The Arlington Heights store didn't have any more on the shelves and the Lake Zurich store had one left. Both stores had it marked down to $9.99 on the shelf. I bought another item just so that the total would not end up being 0.00. First store thought it was a mistake at first but then gave me the total for my add on item. The second store rep gave the coupon a look so I asked about an extended warranty for the add on item which drew her attention away from the coupon. These will be cheap birthday and Christmas presents. However, if any CAGer's need one, PM me.

Found the last one an employee had set aside and some kind chick overheard us talking about the game and she saw it behind the computer station. "is this the game you're looking for?" ... i was geeked about scoring one for free and had a friend tape the transaction. I had 2 big wigs and 2 blue shirts reading the coupon before letting me walk out with a $0.00 purchase.

Thanks OP,

Picked up the last copy at my BB.
The girl at the counter was surprised when it came up free, but didn't give it a second look and just handed me the item and the receipt and wished me a nice day. I wish all my transactions were as easy and pleasant as that. Sometimes the CSRs make you feel like you're stealing from them for taking advantage of a legit deal.

[quote name='Glowin Smurff']i had that issue at 1 store, she rang them all up seperate. at the 2nd store, the guy got it to work by ringing coupon up, then game, then coupon, then game, then coupon, then game.

total price $0.00
and i've already unloaded 5 of my 6.

i'm keeping the 6th one though :)

also, my local store didn't have any, i had to drive 50minutes to the first store then 10minutes to the next....[/quote]

Lemme guess, you cleaned out the Rogers and Maple Grove BB?

[quote name='Glowin Smurff']total price $0.00

quote]
by unloading you mean helping others out , Right ? Right?

I've been waiting to buy this for 2 months, just bought it yesterday, then saw this today. Sending it back to Buy.com to save me $10. Thanks!

Edit: Went back after I noticed the coupon worked for this game to make it free, and picked up another 2 copies :) THANK YOU

I got one today for 0.00! I thought for sure the manager would say too bad (like they did with Facebreaker, Mercs 2, etc) but I got one!

This is going to sound horrible, but I'm swamped with work almost all week. Is it worth it to go out of my way and nab this for the camera? I mean I probably only play a couple of hours a week on my 360 and rarely on Live?

[quote name='whywakeup']total price $0.00

by unloading you mean helping others out , Right ? Right?[/quote]

I hope so, otherwise it means hoarding and reselling. I personally am going to give my extra two copies away like a good CAGer would :)

[quote name='mrhappi79']I hope so, otherwise it means hoarding and reselling. I personally am going to give my extra two copies away like a good CAGer would :)[/QUOTE]

I agree. All good Cheap Ass Gamerers should do what he did.

[quote name='BABETOOTH']Anyone seen any at any NYC store or even Yonkers ? Thanks ! Just need to get one !!![/quote]gone. i checked yesterday. :cry:

My wife just picked up a free copy from the Dover, DE store, which supposedly still has at least 4 left. I guess the online inventory link isn't all that accurate, because according to that none of the DE stores have any copies, which I thought meant they could have 3 or fewer, but not 5 or more.

Snagged the last one at my BB this morning. When I showed the coupon the the guy ringing me up he said "I don't know what to do with this." I pointed to the bar code and said, "Scan it.". Shoulda seen the look on his face when it zeroed out in the register. He just handed me the game and said, "Have a nice day."

Wish they had had more in stock. I would have loved to see what he would have done if I had 3 in my hand.

BTW, thanks OP!

I couldn't find any at the stores near me and the sad thing was I was going to pay $9.99 for it since I don't have access to a printer right now. I guess BB would rather give them away for free than sell them for $10.

Just went to my store in Ocala, FL. They had like 4 copies of You're In the Movies and at $10 I wasn't interested, but for free...hell yeah. Picked it up along with the last copy of QoS for $10+tax.

Do you guys know if this will work with vista as a web cam? I went to the 360 website, but it says windows xp service pack 2. I wanted to make sure there was a driver update before I crack it open.

[quote name='slowdive21']Do you guys know if this will work with vista as a web cam? I went to the 360 website, but it says windows xp service pack 2. I wanted to make sure there was a driver update before I crack it open.[/quote]

I just plugged mine into laptop with Vista, and Skype worked fine with it. I can't speak if it works with other programs though but yeah it is compatible with Vista.

[quote name='mrhappi79']What do you mean by unload? Just curious[/quote]

[quote name='munch']I think he ejaculated all in someone's face.[/quote]

:rofl:

You guys picking up 4+ copies are total cocks. Wasn't able to find any today, going to try again on Friday. Do you have to be a RewardsZone gamerclub member to use the coupon (meaning, do they check)? I'm a normal rewardzone member, but I haven't been able to get the website to let me access the account online.

And if anyone is interested, I'll trade you a SEALED copy of Far Cry 2 (360) for your sealed copy of You're in the Movies. PM me if you're interested

You guys didn't need to confirm you were a rewardszone member right? I don't have a rewardszone card

[quote name='uEih']You guys didn't need to confirm you were a rewardszone member right? I don't have a rewardszone card[/QUOTE]

Nope.

I mean I had my card and the girl asked to scan it, but I don't think it makes a difference. Just have 'em scan the coupon and you should be golden.

Man, I felt kind of bad for missing this at $10 from Amazon a few weeks ago. Not anymore though!

Thanks OP/everyone who confirmed this!

I signed up for rewardzone anyways just incase. Rewardzone is just a program that just tracks your purchases right? It's not the rewardzone credit card or anything. Cause the last thing i would want is to sign up for a credit card i dont need.

my best buy in oswego, IL has 3 left...however they only allow you to get 1 at a time at 0.00, even though the coupon says 3 of each title.

[quote name='manthing']That TIV is wrong. I just traded in one today.[/quote]
How much did you get?
TIA

bread's done
Back