You're in the Movies (360) $10 at Best Buy B&M after $10 off RZ coupon (until 5/17)

splintercell

CAGiversary!
Best Buy's free Gamers Club has an in-store coupon for $10 off a bunch of PC games as well as You're in the Movies for the Xbox 360. Since the game + Live Vision camera bundle retails for $20, this should take it down to $10.

Update 5/5: As several helpful folks have pointed out, the item seems to be currently on sale at BB for $9.99 even without the coupon, so if the coupon is also accepted it may end up being free, but YMMV on that.

Update 5/11: It looks like the temporary sale is now over, so it once again rings up at the full $19.99, and with the RZ coupon it comes down to $9.99. The free ride looks to be over.

This looks to be the link to check stock availability in stores (which seems pretty limited already, but the stock levels don't seem completely accurate): http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...product&skuId=9112514&productId=1218024597755

The coupon is currently the fourth item in the Special Offers list under the Gamers Club section of the RZ site.

Direct link to coupon (probably have to signed into your RZ account): https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/viewDetails.jspx?tc=CPN_10

Coupon valid from 5/4 through 5/17.

Last edited by a moderator:
just an update for some people in WA.

as of 7pm a friend from Seattle picked some up and said "they have about 15 more copies for 9.99$ at the best buy in Seattle if anyone is close by and wants to get in on this free game/camera."

There's not any in my town. But I leave for home at the end of the week, so hopefully I'll be able to pick one up there since they should be instock.

I got 2 today, but they would only take the $10 off coupon once. I didn't make that big of a scene since the second one was for my friend. All in all, this is a great deal for the camera.

I went in today to get this and 007 for $10. I found 1 copy of Bond but no copies of You're in the Movies even though the stock locator said they were there. I decide to just get Bond. As I hand the girl the $20 coupon she says "These coupons are so great. Some guy came in here earlier and got 3 games for free!" The last 3. I was pretty irritated...If any of you went to the Davenport, FL Best Buy, you owe me a game!

Do anyone know what i can do to make a perfect background so it caan cut me out better? I always get pieces of my body missing when i play and it makes it look horrible.

[quote name='uEih']Do anyone know what i can do to make a perfect background so it caan cut me out better? I always get pieces of my body missing when i play and it makes it look horrible.[/quote]
The room we play in has off-white walls. We use some off-white sheets and blankets to cover the furniture and everything.

Once you get the background right, the game actually works pretty well - my 10 year old daughter is able to set the room up quickly and get great results with her friends.

ALSO - It's very important that you try to fit yourself into the image as closely as possible. Sometimes you have to move forward or backward depending on the activity to get the intended results. Try to stay in the middle too!

hmmmm..Ill definitely be trying this. I traded my old one in after my old vision cam broke. :/

I did get the majority of achievements though. Hoping to score it for free. If I add filler may help.

This isnt in the ad is it?

sorry for double post..but just noticed the coupon said it can be used on 3 of the same title. has anyone used just one coupon for multiple copies? and did you get them free?

yes i used 1 coupon for 3 copies and then used it again at another store for another 3 (all free, they will either have to ring it up separately, or scan the coupon before the game each time) i don't have any copies left to give away as mine have all been given already, it will ring up for $0.00 (the cashiers have varying levels of competence, so you might have to explain a bit how it works)

locate copies in your area : http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=pcat17006&type=page&_requestid=1038986

and no it's not an AD item, just a lil shelf sticker or hook tag says 9.99 stickers will say $19.99 or $39.99

flamed: i just checked for you, and right now, Midland MI 1200 Joe Mann Blvd, Midland, MI 48642 is showing it has atleast 1. (i'd say go bright an early 10am when they open to try and snag it/them)

[quote name='Glowin Smurff']yes i used 1 coupon for 3 copies and then used it again at another store for another 3 (all free, they will either have to ring it up separately, or scan the coupon before the game each time) i don't have any copies left to give away as mine have all been given already, it will ring up for $0.00 (the cashiers have varying levels of competence, so you might have to explain a bit how it works)

locate copies in your area : http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=pcat17006&type=page&_requestid=1038986

and no it's not an AD item, just a lil shelf sticker or hook tag says 9.99 stickers will say $19.99 or $39.99

flamed: i just checked for you, and right now, Midland MI 1200 Joe Mann Blvd, Midland, MI 48642 is showing it has atleast 1. (i'd say go bright an early 10am when they open to try and snag it/them)[/QUOTE]

cool. unfortunately the product finder isnt working at the moment. At least not for me.

[quote name='Glowin Smurff']yes i used 1 coupon for 3 copies and then used it again at another store for another 3 (all free, they will either have to ring it up separately, or scan the coupon before the game each time) i don't have any copies left to give away as mine have all been given already, it will ring up for $0.00 (the cashiers have varying levels of competence, so you might have to explain a bit how it works)

flamed: i just checked for you, and right now, Midland MI 1200 Joe Mann Blvd, Midland, MI 48642 is showing it has atleast 1. (i'd say go bright an early 10am when they open to try and snag it/them)[/QUOTE]

cool. thanks dude. So it only states it has one.but it could have more? odd.

Did you buy other items with yours?

nope, just the coupon item.

it just says that it has stock, which could be 1, or could be 10...kinda guesswork w/ that, but i'd say you would be able to grab it if u were there at open if it was only one, or even 3....it was offline earlier like around 9 or 10pm and then i rechecked my area (after the guy stated he bought out one of the stores w/in 100mi of me) and it showed they had none there, so it's fairly up to time, w/in an hour or two anyway.

but if it's a drive i'd say just check the item availability link i posted before you leave tomorrow just so you don't waste a trip.

[quote name='Glowin Smurff']nope, just the coupon item.

it just says that it has stock, which could be 1, or could be 10...kinda guesswork w/ that, but i'd say you would be able to grab it if u were there at open if it was only one, or even 3....it was offline earlier like around 9 or 10pm and then i rechecked my area (after the guy stated he bought out one of the stores w/in 100mi of me) and it showed they had none there, so it's fairly up to time, w/in an hour or two anyway.

but if it's a drive i'd say just check the item availability link i posted before you leave tomorrow just so you don't waste a trip.[/QUOTE]

only a 15 minute drive. Definitely not the hassle. :)

I get paid on Friday though.yet I dont want to miss out on this. gah.

it's free, so getting paid has nothing to do w/ it :)

totals out to 0.

rings up $9.99 then coupon -$9.99

total : $0.00

no sales tax or anything, so it's 100% free.

[quote name='Glowin Smurff']it's free, so getting paid has nothing to do w/ it :)

totals out to 0.

rings up $9.99 then coupon -$9.99

total : $0.00

no sales tax or anything, so it's 100% free.[/QUOTE]

yah I know..I was just saying..I could do everything in one trip. But free is free.

:)

hmmmmmmm....do you need a rewards zone card for this for sure? I'm a reward zone member...but lost my card a long time ago and they just enter in my address to pull up my reward zone info, so never got a new card.

i'm not sure, i used it just cuz they always ask at the beginning of transactions, but some people have reported it doesn't matter....but i just tell them the phone # to pull it up....but for those people that aren't members, it's free to sign up anyway :)

From my experience, it requires your Rewards Zone card or the phone # registered with the RZ membership. It is not the Rewards Credit card, and while that does track purchases that you do with the card, it will limit you to three. I picked up two yesterday in SoCal and I picked up two more in Costa Mesa, CA for my friends. (I'm keeping one for myself, one for my son's X360 and the other two are going to friends who can't make it to a BBY that has stock) so on the fourth one (2nd set of two) the manager had to override the price to $0. Overall, I think its a great little value, well it is free, and if you can spread the wealth, even better.

it's not a prob as far as I've known. they might ask you for your number but the most that they do is ask and just keep going.

I only got one but i figured that was all I needed and I'm only one who has a 360 who would be remotely interested in this :D

Well the reason I ask about the card is they usually dont ask for it till the end, and if scanning it makes the coupon work..than may have a problem. But I'll try my luck anyways.

Went to the Best Buy in Rockwall, TX (I-30) they had 5 copies went I got there, left two and found a fellow CAG, gave him a coupon, hopefully he got at least one of the two.

Thanks OP

Was able to get the last 3 copies they had at the Midland, MI store. I kept a cam for myself and flipped the 3 games and other 2 cams. Ended up getting around $35, which I bought The Curious Case of Benjamin Button 2 Disc Criterion dvd and the WWE McMahon 2 disc set.

Pretty pleased. :)

May check out the Saginaw, MI store tomorrow, but the link says none are available there. :/

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']Was able to get the last 3 copies they had at the Midland, MI store. I kept a cam for myself and flipped the 3 games and other 2 cams. Ended up getting around $35, which I bought The Curious Case of Benjamin Button 2 Disc Criterion dvd and the WWE McMahon 2 disc set.

Pretty pleased. :)

May check out the Saginaw, MI store tomorrow, but the link says none are available there. :/[/QUOTE]

Damn...whorder!

I visited my Best Buy in Charlotte, NC and presented the coupon to them since I bought the game a couple days ago. They refunded my money for that one and I went ahead and got the last two copies they had for free as well.

current TIV at gamestop for the camera is 7.50 and the game is 5.00. You can not trade in more than 1 of the same game at a time, so the tired thing is out for that.

[quote name='fuss']current TIV at gamestop for the camera is 7.50 and the game is 5.00. You can not trade in more than 1 of the same game at a time, so the tired thing is out for that.[/quote]

So you'll get $13.75 for trading it in, that's not a bad profit margin really.

Hit up the Rocky Mount, NC store today and tried to get two. With coupon the first one rang up $0, the second at $9.99 so I went ahead and put it back. I got a Coke too to make sure the total was over $10 just to be safe. So with a 20oz Coke and the game/camera bundle the total was $1.70. Pretty sweet.

There should be one copy left at that location.

[quote name='romodome']Damn...whorder![/QUOTE]

If you consider 3 hoarding than you have a very vague definition of the word. You probably think any more than just 1 is considered hoarding. The coupon is good for 3. Which is what I used it for. Now if I used it for more than 3.........yah I may see it as hoarding. Besides I did keep a cam for myself. And like previously stated..can only trade in 1 copy at a time. I traveled to 2 Gamestops and a Gamecrazy.

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']If you consider 3 hoarding than you have a very vague definition of the word. You probably think any more than just 1 is considered hoarding. The coupon is good for 3. Which is what I used it for. Now if I used it for more than 3.........yah I may see it as hoarding. Besides I did keep a cam for myself. And like previously stated..can only trade in 1 copy at a time. I traveled to 2 Gamestops and a Gamecrazy.[/quote] Ummmm Hmmmmmmm sure . That sounds an awful lot like Lawyer talk . No matter how you want to define it , Its a butthole thing to do . What is the worst part is that you feel the need to broadcast the fact that you did it . Keep that shit between you and your conscience .

On topic - This game is really bad . So bad its kind of fun !!

Im also giving one away in a contest so keep an eye out .

Picked this up for 10 bucks at best buy before I knew about the coupon. Could I take my receipt and use the coupon to price adjust my receipt? (Bought Fable 2 and you're in the movies that day)

[quote name='whywakeup']Ummmm Hmmmmmmm sure . That sounds an awful lot like Lawyer talk . No matter how you want to define it , Its a butthole thing to do . What is the worst part is that you feel the need to broadcast the fact that you did it . Keep that shit between you and your conscience .

Im also giving one away in a contest so keep an eye out .[/quote]

I agree, not to say that people shouldn't hoard, but that posting that you got like 5 copies for free is pointless and only produces more hate in the thread. I'm positive that we would see less discussion of hoarding if people didn't share so much information of their hoarding.

[quote name='wugenius']Picked this up for 10 bucks at best buy before I knew about the coupon. Could I take my receipt and use the coupon to price adjust my receipt? (Bought Fable 2 and you're in the movies that day)[/quote]

Yeah you should be able to, you're probably gonna need rewardzone membership though. It's possible you can get it free without it, but they have the right to deny it to you cause it clearly states its required on the coupon.

[quote name='sunghost']I'm positive that we would see less discussion of hoarding if people didn't share so much information of their hoarding.[/QUOTE]

However, the people who are most likely to hoard are also the people most likely to gloat about that hoarding...

CATCH-22, MOTHERfuckER!

Bragging posts annoy me also...but IMO the fact it was posted on SDeals two days ago should make any CAG run (not walk) to the nearest store ASAP. (I did, and found the last copy in a very slow store on day one about 2 pm)..store had 7 copies at 10 am...

moral..you snooze you lose...

btw - thanks op

Just got back from BestBuy with copies in tow... free of charge. A buddy of mine went before I did and by the time I got there, the clerks knew about the coupon and made sure they rung up free. It felt like I was in Bizarro world. Birthday shopping for this weekend complete. :)

EDIT: At least 6 copies left in Fay, NC

[quote name='whywakeup']Ummmm Hmmmmmmm sure . That sounds an awful lot like Lawyer talk . No matter how you want to define it , Its a butthole thing to do . What is the worst part is that you feel the need to broadcast the fact that you did it . Keep that shit between you and your conscience .

Im also giving one away in a contest so keep an eye out .[/QUOTE]

Half the posts on this site are about flipping for profit. Just check the Blockbuster/Gamerush thread. People talk about flipping stuff and getting other things in return all the time. Why don't you go hassle some of them. It's not like I'm selling them on ebay.

bread's done
Back