You're In The Movies (Includes Vision Camera) XBOX360 $31.99 FSSS @ Amazon.com

[quote name='Aleman']FYI the camera has a $9 trade-in value at Gamestop in case you already have one.[/quote]
Thanks, I did get that at Target and was wondering what the camera brought. I might sell it on here or trade fodder it.

Looks like a pretty good one!
2.gif

I'm actually kind of annoyed by this "deal". For some reason, Amazon keeps matching universal price drops and store sales by adding $2-$3 to the price every time. This has been going on since early January and I really can't understand the rationale. I shouldn't be taxed an extra couple of dollars for the inconvenience of having to wait for Amazon to ship me something. For the first time in about three years, I have spent more at Best Buy and Target this year than Amazon by a wide margin. It's not like Amazon has a rewards card program or coupons on a regular basis, so I find this additional few dollars they tack on to be irritating.

[quote name='bojay1997']I'm actually kind of annoyed by this "deal". For some reason, Amazon keeps matching universal price drops and store sales by adding $2-$3 to the price every time. This has been going on since early January and I really can't understand the rationale. I shouldn't be taxed an extra couple of dollars for the inconvenience of having to wait for Amazon to ship me something. For the first time in about three years, I have spent more at Best Buy and Target this year than Amazon by a wide margin. It's not like Amazon has a rewards card program or coupons on a regular basis, so I find this additional few dollars they tack on to be irritating.[/QUOTE]

Locally you are going to pay for transportation to the store and sales tax. In addition you have to deal with the hassle of going to the store and, in Best Buy's case, the asshattery of the employees. I prefer when Amazon is the cheapest place to buy something as well, but some of us prefer the convenience of ordering things from them as opposed to buying at the national chains. Maybe they are just recouping for their shipping?

[quote name='bojay1997']I'm actually kind of annoyed by this "deal". For some reason, Amazon keeps matching universal price drops and store sales by adding $2-$3 to the price every time. This has been going on since early January and I really can't understand the rationale. I shouldn't be taxed an extra couple of dollars for the inconvenience of having to wait for Amazon to ship me something. For the first time in about three years, I have spent more at Best Buy and Target this year than Amazon by a wide margin. It's not like Amazon has a rewards card program or coupons on a regular basis, so I find this additional few dollars they tack on to be irritating.[/quote]

As Gainer stated, Amazon saves you the trip to the store and sales tax (except NY). Some people live very far from the stores with the deals, or have high tax rates. Maybe you live really close to the store, and/or live in a state with low or no sales tax. I live and work fairly close to 2 Targets, so if I wanted this game, I could get it at either one without wasting a lot of gas, but it would still cost me more to buy from Target because of my 9.25% tax rate.

If you don't like it, don't buy it.

[quote name='bojay1997']I'm actually kind of annoyed by this "deal". For some reason, Amazon keeps matching universal price drops and store sales by adding $2-$3 to the price every time. This has been going on since early January and I really can't understand the rationale. I shouldn't be taxed an extra couple of dollars for the inconvenience of having to wait for Amazon to ship me something. For the first time in about three years, I have spent more at Best Buy and Target this year than Amazon by a wide margin. It's not like Amazon has a rewards card program or coupons on a regular basis, so I find this additional few dollars they tack on to be irritating.[/quote]Uh, the drop on this one was down to $39.99, not $29.99. $29.99 is the current sale price at Target.

If it's $31.99, then it's $8 under the lowered MSRP. It is $2 over Target's $29.99 sale price, which works out about to $29.99 + tax for most people.

[quote name='shrike4242']Uh, the drop on this one was down to $39.99, not $29.99. $29.99 is the current sale price at Target.

If it's $31.99, then it's $8 under the lowered MSRP. It is $2 over Target's $29.99 sale price, which works out about to $29.99 + tax for most people.[/QUOTE]

Ok, well let me give you some other more blatant examples from my Amazon wish list. Guilty Gear for the Xbox 360 had a universal price drop last week to $40 and Gamestop and Best Buy both promptly dropped to the new MSRP. Amazon decided to go ahead and tack on another $3. Similarly, Robocalypse dropped to $20 and Amazon is charging $23. Apollo Justice is $20 now and Amazon is charging $22.50. Evil Under the Sun for the Wii is $20 now and Amazon wants $23. It goes on and on.

This is a new policy and it's ridiculous to charge a premium over what I can get a game for locally, especially now that gas is under $2 a gallon and stores like Best Buy regularly have 10% off coupons and give you 8% back through Reward Zone and Gamers Club if you buy there alot. Even Target sends me a 10% off coupon every couple of months for having a Target credit card. Combined with no more price protection and poorer and poorer Amazon customer service, they are rapidly becoming a place I will only buy the most discounted of items.

It's pretty amazing that people have already forgotten that less than two months ago, Amazon was regularly matching CC and BB prices and the lack of tax in most states was like a little incentive to order from them instead of buying locally. Now, they are charging you a premium for the privilege. This is not a deal.

[quote name='bojay1997']Ok, well let me give you some other more blatant examples from my Amazon wish list. Guilty Gear for the Xbox 360 had a universal price drop last week to $40 and Gamestop and Best Buy both promptly dropped to the new MSRP. Amazon decided to go ahead and tack on another $3. Similarly, Robocalypse dropped to $20 and Amazon is charging $23. Apollo Justice is $20 now and Amazon is charging $22.50. Evil Under the Sun for the Wii is $20 now and Amazon wants $23. It goes on and on.

This is a new policy and it's ridiculous to charge a premium over what I can get a game for locally, especially now that gas is under $2 a gallon and stores like Best Buy regularly have 10% off coupons and give you 8% back through Reward Zone and Gamers Club if you buy there alot. Even Target sends me a 10% off coupon every couple of months for having a Target credit card. Combined with no more price protection and poorer and poorer Amazon customer service, they are rapidly becoming a place I will only buy the most discounted of items.

It's pretty amazing that people have already forgotten that less than two months ago, Amazon was regularly matching CC and BB prices and the lack of tax in most states was like a little incentive to order from them instead of buying locally. Now, they are charging you a premium for the privilege. This is not a deal.[/quote]

wow... :roll:

[quote name='bojay1997']Ok, well let me give you some other more blatant examples from my Amazon wish list. Guilty Gear for the Xbox 360 had a universal price drop last week to $40 and Gamestop and Best Buy both promptly dropped to the new MSRP. Amazon decided to go ahead and tack on another $3. Similarly, Robocalypse dropped to $20 and Amazon is charging $23. Apollo Justice is $20 now and Amazon is charging $22.50. Evil Under the Sun for the Wii is $20 now and Amazon wants $23. It goes on and on.

It's pretty amazing that people have already forgotten that less than two months ago, Amazon was regularly matching CC and BB prices and the lack of tax in most states was like a little incentive to order from them instead of buying locally. Now, they are charging you a premium for the privilege. This is not a deal.[/quote]
............:hot:

I picked this up at Target for $29.99. It's one of those games that's only fun with a group of people. Solo players should stay away as it's strictly a party game.

I'm having problems with the camera. It looks fine on-screen, until after it captures the background, then there's always white "ghosts" around us in the scene. We've tried everything from better lighting to different color clothes to the white paper trick, but nothing gives a completely clear image without the "ghosts". Anyone know the best remedy?

Well I picked it up at Target because I pass by the store on my way home from work and needed sandwich bags as well. I hate that Amazon charges tax now (New York) so even if it's a bit more to buy at a store I will pick it up retail. My local Target had 5 copies after my purchase. Well instant gratification FTW! $2.65 a gallon!? Is that premium? I just paid 1.99 for regular.....

[quote name='bojay1997']I'm actually kind of annoyed by this "deal". For some reason, Amazon keeps matching universal price drops and store sales by adding $2-$3 to the price every time. This has been going on since early January and I really can't understand the rationale. I shouldn't be taxed an extra couple of dollars for the inconvenience of having to wait for Amazon to ship me something. For the first time in about three years, I have spent more at Best Buy and Target this year than Amazon by a wide margin. It's not like Amazon has a rewards card program or coupons on a regular basis, so I find this additional few dollars they tack on to be irritating.[/quote]

It's still cheaper than Target. I know, I bought this game at Target and it cost me more than $32.

[quote name='bojay1997']I'm actually kind of annoyed by this "deal". For some reason, Amazon keeps matching universal price drops and store sales by adding $2-$3 to the price every time. This has been going on since early January and I really can't understand the rationale. I shouldn't be taxed an extra couple of dollars for the inconvenience of having to wait for Amazon to ship me something. For the first time in about three years, I have spent more at Best Buy and Target this year than Amazon by a wide margin. It's not like Amazon has a rewards card program or coupons on a regular basis, so I find this additional few dollars they tack on to be irritating.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I noticed this as well. Amazon has been either coming close or matching most deals after a few days of the ads dropping. A couple of bucks isn't bad since I save on the tax and driving.

[quote name='Deadpool']Wow really?! I just paid $2.65 a gallon today :roll:[/QUOTE]

I don't know how that's possible. The highest price I could find for gas in Vegas today was $2.03 for unleaded regular. Unless you've been buying premium full serve, you really need to become a better shopper.

[quote name='GunstarRed']II'm having problems with the camera. It looks fine on-screen, until after it captures the background, then there's always white "ghosts" around us in the scene. We've tried everything from better lighting to different color clothes to the white paper trick, but nothing gives a completely clear image without the "ghosts". Anyone know the best remedy?[/QUOTE]

What is the "white paper trick" you mentioned?

[quote name='Organ Donor']im still on the fence about this game.. some people say its good, others say its horrible.[/QUOTE]

It's a good idea, and would be great if it worked the way it's suppossed to work. Problem is it too often does not recognize your image so eliminates your head or part of your body because it gets confused between you and the background. The technology obviously needs some work. What it really needs is a part where the game learns the image of the players in addition to the image of the background. This would help it distinguish between the player and the background more.

It's pretty amazing that people have already forgotten that less than two months ago, Amazon was regularly matching CC and BB prices and the lack of tax in most states was like a little incentive to order from them instead of buying locally. Now, they are charging you a premium for the privilege. This is not a deal.[/quote]With those examples, then yes, they're going over MSRP, or they're trying to do MSRP + tax and capture a few extra $ from someone who doesn't know any better.

For those ones you're mentioning above, don't buy them and send Amazon an email about how they're going over the new MSRP.

I never buy anything at MSRP from Amazon.com, so I'm never going to fall into this "trap", and I'm sure other CAGs will do the same.

[quote name='bojay1997']Ok, well let me give you some other more blatant examples from my Amazon wish list. Guilty Gear for the Xbox 360 had a universal price drop last week to $40 and Gamestop and Best Buy both promptly dropped to the new MSRP. Amazon decided to go ahead and tack on another $3. Similarly, Robocalypse dropped to $20 and Amazon is charging $23. Apollo Justice is $20 now and Amazon is charging $22.50. Evil Under the Sun for the Wii is $20 now and Amazon wants $23. It goes on and on. [/quote]

Guilty Gear is still $60 on TRU.com and Target.com, so the drop was not universal.

Robocalypse is still $30 on TRU.com and Target.com, so the drop was not universal.

Evil Under the Sun is still $30 on Target.com and Wal*Mart, so the drop was not universal.

And on Apollo Justice there aren't enough retailers that even carry it to be able to tell if there is a universal drop.

Your anger should directed at the publishers of those games and the way they handle price drops, not Amazon. They are going above and beyond in order to give their customers the lowest price they can.

It's pretty amazing that people have already forgotten that less than two months ago, Amazon was regularly matching CC and BB prices and the lack of tax in most states was like a little incentive to order from them instead of buying locally. Now, they are charging you a premium for the privilege. This is not a deal.[/QUOTE]

Gotta agree. While some may be paying over $32 after taxes...most probally will not. I paid $31.80 after taxes. And gas is also under $2.00 here as well. So if your already going in town Target has the better deal. If you dont mind waiting for something to get shipped to you.go with Amazon. But I like getting stuff asap.

I'll have to pick this up eventually. Could be fun for a play or two. Frankly, if you want a good party game that's worth the money, pick up Scene It?. It's pretty fun, if you pick up the most recent bundle you can probably grab the game-only of the first one (Lights, Camera, Action!) on the cheap at Gamestop.

[quote name='jkanownik']Guilty Gear is still $60 on TRU.com and Target.com, so the drop was not universal.

Robocalypse is still $30 on TRU.com and Target.com, so the drop was not universal.

Evil Under the Sun is still $30 on Target.com and Wal*Mart, so the drop was not universal.

And on Apollo Justice there aren't enough retailers that even carry it to be able to tell if there is a universal drop.

Your anger should directed at the publishers of those games and the way they handle price drops, not Amazon. They are going above and beyond in order to give their customers the lowest price they can.[/QUOTE]

You are incorrect about these prices. I get the wholesaler price lists every week and each of these games has had a distributor backed price drop to the level in my earlier post. Whether a retailer chooses to implement the change immediately or not is up to them. Amazon gets the same credits from distributors that every other large retailer does and whether they choose to pass it on to the consumer is up to them. Since January, they have decided not to do that, and the publishers and distributors have nothing to do with their greed for a few extra dollars. Frankly, Amazon is in a much better position to implement price changes since they don't have a brick and mortar retailer network and all it takes is literally a couple of keystrokes to change the price and someone in their inventory center submitting an on-line form to their distributor requesting credit on whatever they have in stock. That's my frustration and frankly, it's spreading to a lot of their video game stock and it's unfortunate when they can't be bothered to help out loyal consumers by providing the best possible price in difficult economic times.

[quote name='bojay1997']I'm actually kind of annoyed by this "deal". For some reason, Amazon keeps matching universal price drops and store sales by adding $2-$3 to the price every time.[/quote]

Weird. This is the first time I've noticed any added cost to a deal match. Every other deal match that I've purchased was the same price (but better since it came to my door and no tax).
Maybe they've wised up. I'll gladly pay an extra 10% on top of an advertised price through them. Because 1: Don't have to drive anywhere (time and money and hate people) 2: Still would have to pay almost that much with tax.

Too bad I didn't see or know Amazon was going to "match" this game to Target's ad because I could have saved myself a trip. I did buy this at Target.

[quote name='bojay1997']You are incorrect about these prices. I get the wholesaler price lists every week and each of these games has had a distributor backed price drop to the level in my earlier post. Whether a retailer chooses to implement the change immediately or not is up to them. Amazon gets the same credits from distributors that every other large retailer does and whether they choose to pass it on to the consumer is up to them. Since January, they have decided not to do that, and the publishers and distributors have nothing to do with their greed for a few extra dollars. Frankly, Amazon is in a much better position to implement price changes since they don't have a brick and mortar retailer network and all it takes is literally a couple of keystrokes to change the price and someone in their inventory center submitting an on-line form to their distributor requesting credit on whatever they have in stock. That's my frustration and frankly, it's spreading to a lot of their video game stock and it's unfortunate when they can't be bothered to help out loyal consumers by providing the best possible price in difficult economic times.[/quote]

I'm not quite sure what the issue with Amazon is. They don't need to be the cheapest place for every single item. A lot of their games are still cheaper than msrp and you don't have to pay tax.

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']I'm not quite sure what the issue with Amazon is. They don't need to be the cheapest place for every single item. A lot of their games are still cheaper than msrp and you don't have to pay tax.[/QUOTE]

You're right, but it would be nice if they at least went back to selling stuff for actual MSRP instead of trying to squeeze a couple extra bucks out of people. It would also be nice if they actually matched the deals in the ads like Best Buy, Walmart and Sears will do, often giving the consumer an extra percentage off in exchange for buying the item there instead of where it was advertised.

[quote name='bojay1997']You are incorrect about these prices. I get the wholesaler price lists every week and each of these games has had a distributor backed price drop to the level in my earlier post. Whether a retailer chooses to implement the change immediately or not is up to them. Amazon gets the same credits from distributors that every other large retailer does and whether they choose to pass it on to the consumer is up to them. Since January, they have decided not to do that, and the publishers and distributors have nothing to do with their greed for a few extra dollars. Frankly, Amazon is in a much better position to implement price changes since they don't have a brick and mortar retailer network and all it takes is literally a couple of keystrokes to change the price and someone in their inventory center submitting an on-line form to their distributor requesting credit on whatever they have in stock. That's my frustration and frankly, it's spreading to a lot of their video game stock and it's unfortunate when they can't be bothered to help out loyal consumers by providing the best possible price in difficult economic times.[/quote]

A couple of things here. First of all, like another poster, I didn't realize it is a trend that they don't really price match on these sales items, but "sort of" price match. If it really is a trend, along with everything else Amazon has done lately that has already been mentioned, its a disturbing trend. You are either price matching or your aren't. Why mess around?

Second, are you telling me that wholesale price on this item and others that are in sales flyers drop enough for this not to just simply be a loss leader? I find that hard to believe. If Target's sale price is $10 lower than everybody else on a title that just recently got a likely universal drop, it seems like it would be a loss leader.

But in general, it isn't good where Amazon is heading on this stuff. They can obviously do whatever they want, but these new wrinkles make it hard to understand why they bothered to have the best deals they've ever had around Christmas time.

[quote name='turls']A couple of things here. First of all, like another poster, I didn't realize it is a trend that they don't really price match on these sales items, but "sort of" price match. If it really is a trend, along with everything else Amazon has done lately that has already been mentioned, its a disturbing trend. You are either price matching or your aren't. Why mess around?

Second, are you telling me that wholesale price on this item and others that are in sales flyers drop enough for this not to just simply be a loss leader? I find that hard to believe. If Target's sale price is $10 lower than everybody else on a title that just recently got a likely universal drop, it seems like it would be a loss leader.

But in general, it isn't good where Amazon is heading on this stuff. They can obviously do whatever they want, but these new wrinkles make it hard to understand why they bothered to have the best deals they've ever had around Christmas time.[/QUOTE]

I can only tell you that since early January, Amazon has repeatedly near matched MSRP drops and some price drops in weekly ads. On occasion, they have matched the price exactly, but I know just on my wish list, there are 10 games right now that aren't even at MSRP on Amazon, but $2-$3 or in some cases $10 higher which is significant for a $20 game.

As for the wholesale pricing, the game which is $30 at Target this week is now at $40 MSRP which means that Target probably got credit and has an actual unit cost of about $28 each. Amazon is entitled to the same deal, so they actually made a couple of extra dollars over Target here at $32.

A lot of what Amazon has been doing recently is puzzling to me. It started with taking away price protection and has extended to this current practice. They have also become very sloppy in shipping items, using padded packs instead of boxes and not doing much to pad items. I realize the economy is bad, but in bad times retailers need to actually try harder to go after the smaller group of consumers able and willing to make purchases. I'm lucky that the economy hasn't impacted my spending, but I have shifted almost exclusively to Best Buy and Target lately since they seem to take the lead on deals and offer incentives like Reward Zone and Gamer's Club that actually end up being a better deal even when you add tax and gas/time to go to the store.

[quote name='xraytd']What is the "white paper trick" you mentioned?[/quote]

The white paper trick is a method where you hold a sheet of white paper in front of the camera lense when it does the background room capture. In some types of filming, it helps capture the lighting better and makes the images more clear. In You're In The Movies it only slightly works in making you look clearer, but it still looks messed up and sometimes makes chunks of the background stick to you.

Seems like others here are having the same problems as me where limbs disappear on screen while playing.

This thread has turned ugly debating Amazon.

[quote name='GunstarRed']I picked this up at Target for $29.99. It's one of those games that's only fun with a group of people. Solo players should stay away as it's strictly a party game.

I'm having problems with the camera. It looks fine on-screen, until after it captures the background, then there's always white "ghosts" around us in the scene. We've tried everything from better lighting to different color clothes to the white paper trick, but nothing gives a completely clear image without the "ghosts". Anyone know the best remedy?[/quote]

*fades in*

who ya gonna call...ghost busters...

or TAPS...or maybe just sell your house and then your problem should be gone.

no need to thank me, any time.

(when there's something strange...going on with your xbox live vision camera, who ya gonna call?...) *fades out*

I assumed Amazon was padding their price vs. the competition because after sales tax they're about the same. What's not the same is the return policy:
Target = 90 days, no cost (I'll definitely be there at least once in the next 90 days for something).
Amazon = 30 days, I pay shipping (probably about $5 for this).
If you're sure you want this game but don't need instant gratification, Amazon is fine. Otherwise, Target FTW.

Oh, I also would like to continue to have a B&M option for buying videogames. Considering I live in a major city and my quasi-local B&M options are down from 10 a couple of years ago to 5 now (only 2 of which have decent deals on a regular basis), this isn't a theoretical issue.

[quote name='bojay1997']You are incorrect about these prices. I get the wholesaler price lists every week and each of these games has had a distributor backed price drop to the level in my earlier post. Whether a retailer chooses to implement the change immediately or not is up to them. Amazon gets the same credits from distributors that every other large retailer does and whether they choose to pass it on to the consumer is up to them. Since January, they have decided not to do that, and the publishers and distributors have nothing to do with their greed for a few extra dollars.[/QUOTE]

How dare amazon try to make a profit by running a business! Shame on them, my non-profit org never did such a thing!

So when do we all get to see these wholesaler price lists showing that amazon is selling games for over MSRP?

[quote name='GunstarRed']
Seems like others here are having the same problems as me where limbs disappear on screen while playing.
[/quote]

I've gotten some decent results by brining in as many lights as possible into the room and hanging white or light colored bedsheets over anything that is dark or black in the background. Then wearing dark colored clothing to try to constrast as much with the background. Your own shadow becomes a problem so you have to position the lights or furniture to minimize the shadow behind you as much as possible. But the results are still not perfect. Obviously the technology has a ways to go. Otherwise, invest in a green screen.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='xraytd']I've gotten some decent results by brining in as many lights as possible into the room and hanging white or light colored bedsheets over anything that is dark or black in the background. Then wearing dark colored clothing to try to constrast as much with the background. Your own shadow becomes a problem so you have to position the lights or furniture to minimize the shadow behind you as much as possible. But the results are still not perfect. Obviously the technology has a ways to go. Otherwise, invest in a green screen.[/quote]

I've gotten decent results by taking the game, the cam and my 360 and my friends to a Hollywood soundstage. The fences and security guards are a hassle, but I save money on lamps, electricity, power strips, and laundry (those bedsheets take up a full load).

(Sorry, your post just made me chuckle.)

[quote name='gantt']I've gotten decent results by taking the game, the cam and my 360 and my friends to a Hollywood soundstage. The fences and security guards are a hassle, but I save money on lamps, electricity, power strips, and laundry (those bedsheets take up a full load).

(Sorry, your post just made me chuckle.)[/quote]

I was wondering how long it would take somebody to mention green screening. Not sure why it really made you laugh though. The truth is, that's all this game is. Anybody who expects great results just by standing in front of their camera under normal lighting, which tons of crap in the background, is the one who should be laughed at.

When I heard about this game months ago, I found the premise interesting because it basically sounded like one of the attractions at Universal Studios. It's a big "movie casting" act where they select people from the group to play different roles.

Most of it is exactly like this game where they tell you to do something and you act it out (in front of a green screen). Then, they take the shots and place them into scenes from some crazy adventure movie. It was really cool, and everybody got a huge kick out of it. This game is essentially the same thing, and merely does the editing work for you. It's not magic though. Even with top notch Hollywood equipment, you STILL have to have a single color background and great lighting. How could you expect more from a video game and a cheap webcam?

[quote name='gantt']I've gotten decent results by taking the game, the cam and my 360 and my friends to a Hollywood soundstage. The fences and security guards are a hassle, but I save money on lamps, electricity, power strips, and laundry (those bedsheets take up a full load).

(Sorry, your post just made me chuckle.)[/QUOTE]

The green screen comment was meant as a joke. But your response made me laugh too. I may try your suggestion. I live close to the Sony studios in Culver City. At least my living room will stop looking like a deserted haunted house with all the furniture covered up in sheets.

Just curious, but is there anybody here who wants the camera, but not the game? I've already got a vision camera, but wouldn't mind taking a chance on the game if I got it for a fair price. I know I can just trade the camera into GS for $9, but I just want to explore my options. If you're interested, name your price. Thanks!

[quote name='n8rockerasu']I was wondering how long it would take somebody to mention green screening. Not sure why it really made you laugh though. The truth is, that's all this game is. Anybody who expects great results just by standing in front of their camera under normal lighting, which tons of crap in the background, is the one who should be laughed at....Even with top notch Hollywood equipment, you STILL have to have a single color background and great lighting. How could you expect more from a video game and a cheap webcam?[/quote]

I see it went over your head that I was funning with him. "Why so serious?"

But to your comments about expectations, this box has "family games" slapped right in the middle of it. It's not targeted at the Red camera and Final Cut Pro crowd, it's targeted at the least common denominator. The average family doesn't know green screens from green beans.

When you buy SingStar, you don't have to put up egg crate foam all over your walls to get decent results. Similarly, a consumer, nay, "family" videogame should not require a green screen, bedsheets or anything beyond adequate lighting and a relatively uncluttered background to get decent results. If the tech isn't there yet, then don't go there. But if someone is misguided enough to make such a game anyway, they should at least spell out on the box that these things are required.

But go ahead and laugh at those ignorant consumers who don't know chroma key from a house key. The game's been half off at Target for nearly a week now, and still plenty of copies at the store I went to yesterday. Is Microsoft laughing with you at them? Not so much.

bread's done
Back