62 (100%)
Update: This seems to be a universal drop
gamestop.gif
GameStop
newegg.gif
Newegg
amazon.gif
Amazon
As mentioned in the GameStop pricedrop thread, the You're In The Movies bundle with Live Vision Cam dropped from $39.99 to $19.99 at GameStop. Price is updated on GameStop's website, and should be live at B&M locations in the morning.

Didn't see it posted before, but the camera by itself is already $39.99 - jump on this, and you're getting $20 off of the camera and a free game to boot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked it up last night. For $20 it's a decent family/party game. My daughter, wife and I are having fun with it. You definitely need a blank space behind you for it to work well. After we took down a mirror and threw a plain blanket over the couch we had no problems lol.

Also picked one up at Best Buy. Shelf was still marked $40, so I had the guy in the video game department look it up. "Wow, that dropped big-time!"

My 2 sons enjoyed it. I could see some drunken fun with it when friends come over.

Worth it for the webcam alone. I now have my ugly mug on my Burnout Paradise license instead of my goofy NXE avatar.:applause:

There's none at my local BB, but there's one about a half hour away. It's almost worth the $4 for shipping and tax. I've had a $10 Reward Zone coupon slowly dying in my wallet and the Reward Zone Reaper comes for it at midnight tomorrow night, so I might just jump on this ... even though I have no use for it. Nevermind I'll get something I can use like The Lost and the Damned or a 1600 pt card, and wait for TLATD to drop, for $10 at my local BB.

Last edited by a moderator:
For those of you that already have the camera, buy the game and trade back the camera. It gets 8$, so the game will only cost you about 13$ after tax.

Picked this up yesterday, not too fond of the game - you can basically pass the missions without even trying. How is the eye with games like Burnout, Can you actually see all the players you're racing?

[quote name='aBlender']Also, the vision camera works great as a web cam for my pc. No drivers or anything needed. You just need your own microphone/headset for voice.[/quote]

Maybe I just did something wrong , but I tried using the vision camera as a web cam for my pc and while the thing worked , the image coloring was all screwed up (everything looked green) and I while I could change the settings to look normal it wouldn't stay that way.

Also I couldn't get it to take any snapshots (still shots?) but maybe thats because it doesn't do that?

[quote name='pimpster4183']Picked this up yesterday, not too fond of the game - you can basically pass the missions without even trying. How is the eye with games like Burnout, Can you actually see all the players you're racing?[/quote]

I think you're missing the point. This "game" is more about the experience. It's basically a dumbed down version of that one attraction at Universal Studios where they pull volunteers and give you a simple task to act out, and then that action gets put into context later. The fun is in the reveal.

As I've argued with others before, this game is "Chroma-Keying for Dummies". The reason it gets poor reviews and dropped like a brick in price is because it gives people the impression they can do something very technical very easily. I do video work, so I'm familiar with green screening, but it's a also huge pain in the ass to do it correctly. My wife and I tried to set this game up in a way that it would be as simple and unobtrusive as possible. Nobody wants to spend an hour "setting up" to play a game.

Rather than taking our pictures down off the wall, we just hung a white sheet, that's long enough to also cover part of the couch. Then, we turn on two corner lamps and the ceiling light. It works fairly well, but is still not perfect.

Ideally, you'd want to use green because it has the least common characteristics with most "popular colors" and skintones. If you can get your hands on a queen/king sized green sheet or blanket, you'll get great results with just regular lighting. If you understand how the game works and can appreciate its charm, it can be alot of fun. I'd definitely reccommend playing with four people though. And for $20...you can't go wrong. You spend at least that much taking your significant other out to a movie. With this game, you can make your own.

I bought this when it was at $39 at Target and I haven't regretted it. It's a fun game if you have people over that aren't gamers. They eat it up with a spoon.

Game plus camera? $20!

Any advertisement that hosts what sounds like a very drunk Burt Reynolds? -Bonus!

Getting a camera that I can use to show my junk online? -priceless!

Been watching this one drop in price and once it hit 20 I was out the door. Picked it up last night at BBY and the kids have been at it for the last 4 hours. It's a blast for them to play and the ability to upload the movies to share with others is a big plus.

The camera works great with both Vista and Mac OS X 10.5.x. So a Mac compatible webcam for $20.00 is a deal in itself. Might need to go back and pick up one more just for the camera for some of the machines in the house that lack camera. Looks a lot better than some Logitechs that I have paid a lot more for.

[quote name='dubbfoolio']add this to the first post:

buy.com through ebay: $18.99 - 12% cashback + no tax for most = $16.52 shipped ftw[/quote]

Sweet! But I'm a bit confused. What do I need to do to get the 12% cashback??

the game is pretty bad...., pretty sure you cant get much at GS for it, going to take it to blockbuster and see what the TIV is

[quote name='vgmben']the game is pretty bad...., pretty sure you cant get much at GS for it, going to take it to blockbuster and see what the TIV is[/quote]

Wrong on two counts. The game isn't bad. And BBV won't take it because it has no bar code. Shows what you know.

i'm in it for the cam mainly, and to try the game.
just see what its worth. Anyone know the TIV of the game?

[quote name='Mako1215']i'm in it for the cam mainly, and to try the game.
just see what its worth. Anyone know the TIV of the game?[/quote]

Read the thread, dumbass.

LOL, just kidding dude. Someone mentioned that the last known TIV at GameStop was like $8.25.

[quote name='PrarieD0G']Read the thread, dumbass.

LOL, just kidding dude. Someone mentioned that the last known TIV at GameStop was like $8.25.[/quote]

Shows what you know. The TIV was for the CAM not the game. You should take your own advice ;)

Thanks OP! I swung by Best Buy tonight and it was still marked $40. Went to a customer kiosk and did a search...$20 indeed! I had $15 in rewards points that needed to be used so I walked out of the store with it for $5.

[quote name='GoAwayIamBating']Thanks for the heads up my fellow negroes. Its worth 20 now i have something else to do other than masterbate[/QUOTE]

According to what people are posting about this game I think you should stick with masturbation. Sounds like it will be more exciting than this game.

i needed a cam, so i picked this up at BestBuy, for $19.99 today, not to bad, i haven't played it yet, but im sure it was worth it for the cam only cool. Thanks OP, catch ya later!!

[quote name='kwey516']i dont think you can trade the game in without the camera

its kinda pointless[/quote]

yeah its the same thing as the eye of judgment for the ps3... they dont take it unless u have the camera cuz u need it in order to play the game.

[quote name='Young Deezy']I don't see anywhere that it includes the vision camera...[/QUOTE]

You can't play it WITHOUT the camera. It won't even start. Every copy includes the camera. It's mandatory.

bread's done
Back