CAGiversary!
http://www.sourcenext.com/present/ys6.html

Click on the button at the top right

Put a junk mail addy on the email box

go to your junk email account and click the link

then click the link on the next page, it should say "「ソースネクストの、登録特典はこちら!"

Click on the button on the next page

download will start, find english patch to play it in english

In for one. I love this series and actually still have some for the TurboGrafix, along with the remakes on the PSP. Thanks op!

Thanks, OP! I'm downloading now.

I'm a little iffy about whether this is a legit (read: virus-safe) download. Looks like a Japanese Groupon, but since I don't read Japanese, it's hard to tell.

I'm also not sure which translation patch to apply, because I'm not sure which edition of the game this is. It might tell when you install.

thanks op for the heads up and thanks to the rest of you for your videos , direct links and patch page. the game looks really fun i cant believe ive never played one of these before.

I tried the direct link before posting steps but didn't work for me on a differ ip. There is no virus to this or shouldn't. This is a legit and official groupon. They also had ys origins for free before and it was fine for me. For those that don't know this is Ys VI Ark of Napishtim Might spelled neph part wrong. And yes does support controller but certain parts of menu may require keyboard

[quote name='djricekcn']I tried the direct link before posting steps but didn't work for me on a differ ip. There is no virus to this or shouldn't. This is a legit and official groupon. They also had ys origins for free before and it was fine for me. For those that don't know this is Ys VI Ark of Napishtim Might spelled neph part wrong. And yes does support controller but certain parts of menu may require keyboard[/QUOTE]

Yeah thought it would be too easy to be true.

Thanks for the heads up though, had to make sure.

One important thing I forgot to add on:

Once downloaded, expand it. Once you expand it you will be taken to the folder and there will be 3 folders, 2 files and the 1 .exe. DO NOT INSTALL the exe. It's not a virus / malware etc, but it's like one of those things that google tool bar, bing tool bar etc. of the Japnaese nature. Instead go open GPYS\YS6_WIN from root of that new folder.

ys6_win.exe = the game booter
config.exe = configure, but it's in japanese. not sure if english patch fixes this
verify.exe = don't worry about it.

Thanks OP, found a friend that really likes this series.

[quote name='WormFOODx']In for one. I love this series and actually still have some for the TurboGrafix, along with the remakes on the PSP. Thanks op![/QUOTE]

found out the new Bonk game on cancelled :( That was my favorite TurboGrafix game series.

if you don't find the link after the register email, the groupon may have expired for that region. If so, make another hotmail / gmail account and pick a different prefencture at the pull down menu on the 2nd webpage (the page after you put in your email address)

[quote name='djricekcn']One important thing I forgot to add on:

Once downloaded, expand it. Once you expand it you will be taken to the folder and there will be 3 folders, 2 files and the 1 .exe. DO NOT INSTALL the exe. It's not a virus / malware etc, but it's like one of those things that google tool bar, bing tool bar etc. of the Japnaese nature. Instead go open GPYS\YS6_WIN from root of that new folder.

ys6_win.exe = the game booter
config.exe = configure, but it's in japanese. not sure if english patch fixes this
verify.exe = don't worry about it.[/QUOTE]

I feel like a freaking idot for asking, but for some reason I cannot recall how to expand this.......god I'm old, what left of my mind is starting to go. :???:

I just don't want to put something in that I don't have to.

it's a exe self-extractor so you don't need anything long as you're running Windows. I was talking about the exe after it extracts the original (downloaded file) exe

dont see the link within that first picture. theres also a notice under about how all *something* is hand out, i think it means no freebies left.

[quote name='hoi1ma']dont see the link within that first picture. theres also a notice under about how all *something* is hand out, i think it means no freebies left.[/QUOTE]
Shut down due to selfishness.

bread's done
Back