Ys PS2 - Worth $25?

defiance_17

CAGiversary!
Feedback
55 (100%)
A local video shop has a used copy of Ys for PS2 for $24.99. I've been keeping a loose eye on this game since it came out, but haven't been seeing it in stores lately. Would it be best to pull the trigger now, or will I be able to catch a cheap, new copy a few months down the road?

y's for PSP is $29.99 at gamestop...

I been playing the Ps2 version for quit sometimes... it's nothing groundbreaking...

but I enjoyed it...

[quote name='defiance_17']A local video shop has a used copy of Ys for PS2 for $24.99. I've been keeping a loose eye on this game since it came out, but haven't been seeing it in stores lately. Would it be best to pull the trigger now, or will I be able to catch a cheap, new copy a few months down the road?[/QUOTE]

"but haven't been seeing it in stores lately."
"will I be able to catch a cheap, new copy a few months down the road?"

I think you answered your own qustions.

[quote name='defiance_17']A local video shop has a used copy of Ys for PS2 for $24.99. I've been keeping a loose eye on this game since it came out, but haven't been seeing it in stores lately. Would it be best to pull the trigger now, or will I be able to catch a cheap, new copy a few months down the road?[/QUOTE]
That seems to be the regular rate in my neighborhood...not a bad game, but Im curious if the PSP version will be identical or more in the lines of Lunar Legend, basically a revised version...

[quote name='Epic Wolf']That seems to be the regular rate in my neighborhood...not a bad game, but Im curious if the PSP version will be identical or more in the lines of Lunar Legend, basically a revised version...[/QUOTE]

The PSP version is completely redone with hand drawn, 2d sprites, instead of rendered 3d ones. That's the reason for the delays.

I also think they are adding more voicework... might be wrong though.

And Ys is a very common game at least around here (hell, Best Buy stocks it), but I've never seen a used price under 34.99... I would jump on $25 in a flash.

[quote name='Roufuss']The PSP version is completely redone with hand drawn, 2d sprites, instead of rendered 3d ones. That's the reason for the delays.

I also think they are adding more voicework... might be wrong though.

And Ys is a very common game at least around here (hell, Best Buy stocks it), but I've never seen a used price under 34.99... I would jump on $25 in a flash.[/QUOTE]

Thanx for the Info...Im going to go preorder a copy now...

[quote name='62t']"but haven't been seeing it in stores lately."
"will I be able to catch a cheap, new copy a few months down the road?"

I think you answered your own qustions.[/QUOTE]

Stop thinking--with you, it may do more harm than good. If I answered my own question, I wouldn't have posted it.

Ninety percent of deals I get on new games are online, and Ys is much more common on the internet.

And I don't have a PSP, nor do I plan to purchase one anytime soon, so that's out of the question.

Thanks for the advice, everyone else--I'll probably head back there tomorrow and see if it's still there.

bread's done
Back