Ys Seven Limited Edition - I just dropped $49.99 on this.

^^^

Not sold by Amazon. In fact, it's not currently available from Amazon. Hopefully Amazon will restock the premium edition soon. Lunar LE is nowhere near rare. Can't imagine they would print much less Ys7 LE than Lunar LE.

[quote name='eau']^^^

Not sold by Amazon. In fact, it's not currently available from Amazon. Hopefully Amazon will restock the premium edition soon. Lunar LE is nowhere near rare. Can't imagine they would print much less Ys7 LE than Lunar LE.[/QUOTE]

Amazon has the game with two listings, a limited edition and the premium edition. I assumed it was an error as the premium edition is listed at $30 so I emailed them about it, telling them there were two listings, and I wanted to know if the premium edition had all the extras or not. Their response? "There are two listings for this game, the limited edition and the premium edition." Super. Thanks for repeating what I just told you.

[quote name='Demon Soul']looks like amazon sold out of the limited edition. Whats so special about the premium edition?[/QUOTE]

The limited edition is actually the premium edition, it says so right on the front of the box. But Amazon only has two listings, a limited edition and the premium edition. The premium edition is listed at $30 so it looks like they meant for it to be the regular edition. I thought since it's listed as the premium edition on the website they might have the premium edition but just messed up the listing, but according to the response I finally got from customer service they have no idea what is in it, and apparently can't tell me anything about it other than what the page for it says. Which doesn't really help any when the page is confusingly named. This is actually the second time I've had customer service tell me they have no input whatsoever about what products that are sent out. I don't know if this is because of outsourcing or what, but I wish they would do something. I ordered a game earlier this year and the box arrived damaged. I ordered a replacement and it showed up in worse condition than the first. Customer service said they had no control over that.

TLDR version: The entire rant above is pointless because Amazon has the limited edition back in stock and I just ordered one.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='rainking187']The limited edition is actually the premium edition, it says so right on the front of the box. But Amazon only has two listings, a limited edition and the premium edition. The premium edition is listed at $30 so it looks like they meant for it to be the regular edition. I thought since it's listed as the premium edition on the website they might have the premium edition but just messed up the listing, but according to the response I finally got from customer service they have no idea what is in it, and apparently can't tell me anything about it other than what the page for it says. Which doesn't really help any when the page is confusingly named. This is actually the second time I've had customer service tell me they have no input whatsoever about what products that are sent out. I don't know if this is because of outsourcing or what, but I wish they would do something. I ordered a game earlier this year and the box arrived damaged. I ordered a replacement and it showed up in worse condition than the first. Customer service said they had no control over that.

TLDR version: The entire rant above is pointless because Amazon has the limited edition back in stock and I just ordered one.[/QUOTE]

amazon is just too lazy to change their pictures. I was able to get the LE for 29.99 (though they did take the cloth map and all of the extras pictures down)

amazon told me they would have it fixxed within 24 hours .. almost 10 days later still not fixxed
amazon is 45.67

So the Premium edition on amazon at $30 is just the regular version and they gave it the wrong title? If it's not, I wouldn't mind getting it the LE at $30. I got that in gift cards.

Guess I wasn't thinking. I just have to decide if I'm getting this or Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep. They're both looking pretty good.

[quote name='erehwon']Guess I wasn't thinking. I just have to decide if I'm getting this or Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep. They're both looking pretty good.[/QUOTE]

My main beef is with slidecage, who doesn't have a brain cell in his body, ordering it actually thinking he would get the LE, and then getting all pissed at Amazon and making several nonsensical posts about how much they suck.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']My main beef is with slidecage, who doesn't have a brain cell in his body, ordering it actually thinking he would get the LE, and then getting all pissed at Amazon and making several nonsensical posts about how much they suck.[/QUOTE]

I was emailed by AMAZON it was the LE for 49.99 I asked when i ordered it and they SAID preorder the LE was 29.99

They do suck when they were told many times over and over and over the LE was 49.99 and the normal was 29.99 and they would not listen

they left the LE up for 29.99 even after it was released .. if a company will not listen and wants to keep something listed then too bad...

Love how people bitch about this but when there is a price Mistake in a flyer or on a webpage the same people are the first to say

JUMP ON THIS AND THEN COMPLAIN IF YOU DONT GET IT .

for a long time now i really dont give a flying #$# what anyone on this site thinks about me cause i know for a #$# fact that they are doing the same thing but dont have the balls to admit it

[quote name='slidecage']I was emailed by AMAZON it was the LE for 49.99 I asked when i ordered it and they SAID preorder the LE was 29.99

They do suck when they were told many times over and over and over the LE was 49.99 and the normal was 29.99 and they would not listen

they left the LE up for 29.99 even after it was released .. if a company will not listen and wants to keep something listed then too bad...

Love how people bitch about this but when there is a price Mistake in a flyer or on a webpage the same people are the first to say

JUMP ON THIS AND THEN COMPLAIN IF YOU DONT GET IT .

for a long time now i really dont give a flying #$# what anyone on this site thinks about me cause i know for a #$# fact that they are doing the same thing but dont have the balls to admit it[/QUOTE]

Next time use some common sense instead of trusting some minimum-wage customer service rep. You are talking to the wrong person if you think I'm one of those people you describe.

On another note, putting this game down, I believe. Gonna give the final boss another try or two, but if I still can't win, forget it. Yep, it's one of those games that's pretty easy... until the final boss. I won't be too hurt if I can't beat it without grinding, as the game really overstayed its welcome. I really don't get what all the hype was about, it's a VERY average game IMO. Terrible story, mindless hack and slash gameplay (except for some bosses, though for the most part you can get away with being mindless) I have seen a million times before.

I'm only an hour or two in, but I'm enjoying it so far. Nice simple game, fast-paced combat, attractive character design, pretty much what I'm looking for in a portable JRPG. It's got an old school feel to it, kind of like a Lunar game. The translation does seem a little rote, not up to the standard of XSeed's PS2 games, but it gets the job done.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']

On another note, putting this game down, I believe. Gonna give the final boss another try or two, but if I still can't win, forget it. Yep, it's one of those games that's pretty easy... until the final boss. I won't be too hurt if I can't beat it without grinding, as the game really overstayed its welcome. I really don't get what all the hype was about, it's a VERY average game IMO. Terrible story, mindless hack and slash gameplay (except for some bosses, though for the most part you can get away with being mindless) I have seen a million times before.[/QUOTE]

I kind of see what you mean. The game does seem pretty average to me. (I'm only past the 3rd boss). I'm glad I'm playing on easy lol. The bosses seem very hard to me compared to the rest of the game. But it's nothing that buying potions doesn't help.

Eh, I beat the last boss (and most of the bosses in the last 2/3 of the game) on my first try... on Hard difficulty with only three of my characters fully equpped with decent gear and skills. This was obscenely easy compared to the last few Ys games. It's probably my biggest complaint about the game besides the lack of multiplayer, the bloated story, and the addition of fluffy unnecessary JRPG elements. (Item farming for synthesis system, leveling up skills, etc.) Definitely preferred the action-platformer style of the last two games, but this wasn't bad... just not everything it could have been.

I picked this up today. I have to admit I was underwhelmed by the map. I guess I expected something a bit softer in material and a dyed look rather than printed. I can do without the soundtrack. At least the art book is pretty, but I probably should have just gotten the regular edition.

I played it a little bit to make sure it works, but I'm not going to be playing it for real until I finish Book I & II on the Virtual Console.

So, how does this compare to Felghana? Specifically, will I eventually give up on this game due to the huge disparity between the difficulty of the normal dungeon exploration and the incredibly frustrating bosses? Something about having regular enemies being made out of tissue paper made dying ten times to a boss that much more annoying.

Are the dungeons more challenging and lengthy this time around, and / or are the the bosses easier?

Nope, the bosses are like a different game completely. Even on Easy, they're pretty tough.

Especially the first
Dragon Boss

I'm also not a fan of backtracking later in the game.

I was really excited about this game, and bought it off CAG upon release day. I am about 13 hours into the game, and so far it has been a mediocre game. Worth the $20 for sure, but it does gets pretty repetitive after a while. The overall execution is pretty good, and I love how there are many characters to choose from, but the story is weak and cliche. I am playing on normal difficulty, and the only place I had difficulty I had was at the colossium (1v1 with titano). The fight was easy, but most of the time I would miss dodge because I was holding onto X to charge up my attacks lol.

I wish this game was on PS3 with online/offine co-op or multiplayer support. It would have been much better i think!

Hopefully the Ys games releasing in October and November isn't exactly like this one.

whoo! I started playing this game over the weekend and love it!!

then again, I really like Ys in general, even tho the only other ones I ever played are the two new ones coming out o_O

[quote name='Gourd']So, how does this compare to Felghana? Specifically, will I eventually give up on this game due to the huge disparity between the difficulty of the normal dungeon exploration and the incredibly frustrating bosses? Something about having regular enemies being made out of tissue paper made dying ten times to a boss that much more annoying.

Are the dungeons more challenging and lengthy this time around, and / or are the the bosses easier?[/QUOTE]honestly, some of the bosses in Felghana makes Demons Souls feel like Princess Peach.

your hands will hurt and become blistered trying to hold down the attack button to charge while simultaneously running and jumping away to avoid enemy fire.

[quote name='PuppetYuber']I was really excited about this game, and bought it off CAG upon release day. I am about 13 hours into the game, and so far it has been a mediocre game. Worth the $20 for sure, but it does gets pretty repetitive after a while. The overall execution is pretty good, and I love how there are many characters to choose from, but the story is weak and cliche. I am playing on normal difficulty, and the only place I had difficulty I had was at the colossium (1v1 with titano). The fight was easy, but most of the time I would miss dodge because I was holding onto X to charge up my attacks lol.

I wish this game was on PS3 with online/offine co-op or multiplayer support. It would have been much better i think!

Hopefully the Ys games releasing in October and November isn't exactly like this one.[/QUOTE]this is supposed to be the best of the 3, so if this doesnt impress u the subsequent games will each be a step back. I & II doesnt even have an attack button...

as far as cliche story goes, every Ys game has the exact same story.

Adol randomly rolls into a new place, gets involved in sum shyt, cuts hella ppl and monsters up, and makes sum girl fall in love with him.

On the strength of 7 and some of the descriptions, I think I'll pass on Oath day one. I don't want to play another Ys game that close together.

I'll pick it up in 1-2 years when it's $13-15.

that's too bad, coz despite the difficulty Oath in Felghana is an incredible game.

I PC imported it and patched it and everything for a reason, it's really that good.

beat the game on friday, the last boss was a bit tough because I wasn't expected to use everyone in the party. I didn't upgrade my party members' gear except for my core 3 lol. I was spamming potion for the first 2 battles. When it comes to Adol, the battle was cake walk :D

Glad I finished the game.

I'm like DoK and debating whether or not I should beat this game, or just shelve it and move on to something else.

I'm fighting
Scias in the well of souls and he's whipping me. What's a good level to be at when fighting him? I'm lvl 55 and he does 100-200 dmg per hit. I have the best armor for my core 3

Are you switching between your players?
Scias' attacks are very predictable ( it is in a set of 3-4, and he follows the pattern). It is very easy to avoid once you figure out the pattern. My suggestion is use the princess, and shoot from far range. Her special and skill meter fill up fairly quickly, so you can pretty much spam it every few minutes. If she is low on health, then swap to Adol. Use items only when all 3 players are on low health, because you will need a few for the final boss.

[quote name='PuppetYuber']Are you switching between your players?
Scias' attacks are very predictable ( it is in a set of 3-4, and he follows the pattern). It is very easy to avoid once you figure out the pattern. My suggestion is use the princess, and shoot from far range. Her special and skill meter fill up fairly quickly, so you can pretty much spam it every few minutes. If she is low on health, then swap to Adol. Use items only when all 3 players are on low health, because you will need a few for the final boss.[/QUOTE]

He attacks so fast and when you try to roll away, you're too far to hit him.

I might give up and play something else. I've had enough of this game, and I've heard later on you are forced to use characters you haven't used since the beginning (I hate it when RPGs do that)

I beat Scias on normal, I don't remember having too much of a hard time with him. You're almost done... how many times have you tried? You should be able to beat him. The final boss rush, however....

[quote name='dejeckt']Stuff like this is a constant reminder that I really need to buy an psp; seems to be getting a lot of jrpg love.[/QUOTE]

Yea, there's been tons of JRPGs in the past year. Most of them good too.

Beat Scias by leveling a couple of times.

Forget that final boss... I mean ... really?

Spend 10 minutes wearing down the heads, then wack away at the chest to take 1/16 of it's health, then keep doing that over and over, and that's just 1/3 of the boss? No thanks. I'll watch the ending on youtube, thanks.

Sounds like it'll take at least 45 minutes to beat the boss. Tedious as hell.
Not to mention my other characters were weak as shit with no decent equip at all...

bread's done
Back