Yummy chili!

Sooo...What's your favorite recipe for Chili.
Kayden and I just made some....sooo good...

3 hobenaros (or however you spell it), a jalapeno, sweet red, and green peppers,
ground black pepper, a couple onions, minced garlic, Italian seasoning, Mexican chili powder, cilantro (fresh), Tomato juice and paste, fresh tomato,5 cans of hot chili beans, baby potabellos, liquid smoke, and ground turkey.

And a gallon of milk on the side :)

Well, I like to start out with some:
Ground Sirloin (can never go wrong with that)
Black Beans
Cilantro
Whole Canned Tomatoes
Jalepeno Peppers
Chopped White Onion
Chili Powder
Garlic
Hot Sauce
and a LOT of Cumin to give it a really good smoky flavor :) Mmmmm...
And Tomato Juice for the base
Thanks, now I want to make some, but we're out of everything :).

Mine seems so plain...

Ground beef sauted with finely sliced red green and yellow bell peppers. Slice up anywhere from 2 to 4 chilli peppers, depending on how spicy you want it. A chopped onion, 2 chopped garlic cloves, corn, kidney beans, chick peas, chilli powder, cumin, cilantro, and a few fresh tomatos boiled down to a paste (although canned does work). Add some brown sugar, maybe a bit of alchohol, (depending on who you're serving it to) and viola.

Instant chili. (Hah... instant. Last time i did that it took a few hours...)

I usually use:

Sweet onion
Green bell pepper
Garlic
Ground beef (chuck)
Jalapeno peppers
Poblano peppers
Chipotle peppers (one or two chopped up, and another two or three just soaking in the broth)
Black beans
Thyme
Oregano
Chili powder
Lots of cumin
Black pepper
Salt
Liquid smoke
Canned crushed tomatoes
Tomato paste
Cornmeal to thicken the broth

[quote name='Mouse']What is this liquid smoke that you people speak of?[/QUOTE]

It's the smoke from a wood used for smoking meats (such as hickory or mesquite) that's condensed into a liquid form. It adds a great smoke flavor to food without the mess of actually smoking the food.

Here's an example. It's not the particular brand that I have, but it works just the same, I'm sure.

[quote name='Legolas813']I thought this was going to be a thread on Wendy's. :)[/QUOTE]

Personally I liked Burger King's better.... but they just dropped it off of the menu. :cry:

bread's done
Back