Zack and Wiki 29.99 on Bestbuy.com

Anyone have an estimate as to how long this game is? If it's only like ~20 or so hours I could probably wait for it to drop to $20 or so.

[quote name='PyroGamer']Anyone have an estimate as to how long this game is? If it's only like ~20 or so hours I could probably wait for it to drop to $20 or so.[/quote]Length and quality of the game aside, it will probably drop to $20 soon enough anyway - it didn't sell all that well and it's a weird enough concept that it doesn't really appeal to the main Wii demographic.

[quote name='PyroGamer']Anyone have an estimate as to how long this game is? If it's only like ~20 or so hours I could probably wait for it to drop to $20 or so.[/QUOTE]
I'm at the next-to-last level and have been playing (according to the in-game clock) for around 16 hours or so. That said, that 16 hours has been spread out over a month, as the game is too intense to grind your way through IMO. :)

Great game, highly recommended.

--R.J.

[quote name='mephitical']it will probably drop to $20 soon enough anyway - it didn't sell all that well and it's a weird enough concept that it doesn't really appeal to the main Wii demographic.[/QUOTE]
I could say that about Okami and that ended going for $50+ at one point.

for anybody who has doubts in regards to getting this game,

I got a phat dick for your thoughts...

get THIS GAME!!

I am the Zacku n Wiki advocate bitch!!

[quote name='groundskeeper']Since my local BB doesn't have it in store and I would have to pay tax. I would rather pay $1.00 more at Amazon.[/quote]

mine would be cheaper if i paid tax instead of amazon @_@

[quote name='62t']I could say that about Okami and that ended going for $50+ at one point.[/quote]
Huh? You mean, like when it came out? Okami's only been out for a little over a year, and in the last six months it's always been $30 retail and generally about $20 used, $10-20 on clearance. Yes, it will go back up again, as all unique, small print run games do (damn you, Futurama), but Zack & Wiki has to drop all the way and sell through all printings before the secondary market can jack the prices up.

Tempted...but...I'm waiting for $20-$25

This would be a great opportunity for the GGC coupon if it still existed. Oh, how I miss it. I went from buying any new games at BB to buying none there since there's no point without the GGC.

[quote name='mephitical']Length and quality of the game aside, it will probably drop to $20 soon enough anyway - it didn't sell all that well and it's a weird enough concept that it doesn't really appeal to the main Wii demographic.[/quote]

Sadly it doesnt appeal to most gamers. It would have sold just as equally terrible on any console. Which is a shame.

I ordered one and even though I have no idea what to expect, I like to try quirky fun titles. Can't live life always on the safe.

[quote name='botticus']Anyone know if the in-store copies of this game still have the puzzle included?[/QUOTE]

It depends on how long the game's been sitting at the store. I've noticed that one Best Buy near me still has a few with the free puzzle, while the other Best Buys close to me do no not.

[quote name='botticus']Anyone know if the in-store copies of this game still have the puzzle included?[/QUOTE]

mrmmmm... what puzzle? any pictures?

how can one identify the ones with the puzzle?

i'm a sucker for extra little doodads!

[quote name='leesiulung']mrmmmm... what puzzle? any pictures?

how can one identify the ones with the puzzle?

i'm a sucker for extra little doodads![/QUOTE]

There's a little sticker on the box saying it comes with a free magnetic puzzle.

[quote name='Josef']There's a little sticker on the box saying it comes with a free magnetic puzzle.[/quote]And to elaborate, it was also a preorder bonus at EB/GS that I was hosed out of as my store supposedly received none.

I have a suspicion that the games with puzzle might have a different SKU, so in-store pickup probably wouldn't work. I'll have to check out inventory.

[quote name='Lord Alfred']Tempted...but...I'm waiting for $20-$25

This would be a great opportunity for the GGC coupon if it still existed. Oh, how I miss it. I went from buying any new games at BB to buying none there since there's no point without the GGC.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that coupon made buying budget titles a breeze. There are many titles (like this one) where and extra $5 makes a big difference.

[quote name='PyroGamer']Anyone have an estimate as to how long this game is? If it's only like ~20 or so hours I could probably wait for it to drop to $20 or so.[/quote]

For me it was approximately 14 hours. Kind of short. There was some additional treasure hunting to do in the earlier stages after completing the main game, but it just didn't interest me. After you've played through the game once, you know how to solve all the puzzles (granted they're very clever), but redoing them isn't that fun. The fun in this game is figuring out how to solve problems, not finding treasure.

So I would say that $20 is a fair price for this game. I actually bought it new for $40 during the TRU B2G1 on Wii games in November along with RE4 and Medal of Honor 2 Heroes.

In store pick up made this a great deal!

I ordered it online, waited in the long in store pick up line, while waiting i read the terms and conditions for the in store pick and read that if they take longer than one minute from scanning your code, to finishing the checkout, you get 10 bucks off!

The guy took 5 minutes, and i asked about the 10 bucks back, he apologized and gave me a 10 dollar gift card. :applause:

I have my receipt for it costing 29.99, and if it drops to 19.99 in the next 30 days i can get 10 bucks back. Great Deal IMO

I have enjoyed teh first 4 levels thus far, and looking forward to the remaining. It reminds me of Kings quest almost, with finding the right items to use, and how to use them.

I'm trying to get it from walmart too, but when I get to the point where it's time to pay (credit card/gift card), it keeps showing up as $40 instead of $30. Hopefully their site will straighten out soon.

Edit: That didn't take too long.

bread's done
Back