ZACK & WIKI! 300k Sold! BUY!!! $29.99 Now! IGN: 9.0! 1UP: 9.0! NP: 9.0! GS: 8.5!

whooo~!!! I beat this game! it as fantastic!!

so... question for yallz!

can u unlock all the hidden stuff during New Game +, or does it have to be from your existing game??

coz I dont wanna override what Ive done only to discover I cant get all the hidden stuff now

This is currently #151 on the Amazon rankings, which seems a bit high. My recollection is that it didnt break the top #50 even when it first came out (or something like that).

The flame is dim, but its not going out. It might be benefiting from the always massive volume of new Wii owners, and the miniscule fraction of them that will buy the game.

[quote name='JEKKI']whooo~!!! I beat this game! it as fantastic!!

so... question for yallz!

can u unlock all the hidden stuff during New Game +, or does it have to be from your existing game??

coz I dont wanna override what Ive done only to discover I cant get all the hidden stuff now[/quote]

You can only get the hidden treasures after you beat the game.

Need help with the Ice Level:
I assume I need to get the frog bomb to finally break the large ice "chandelier" since the drill and icicle/hammer can only make a chip so big in it. I think I have done everything else, except find a use for the umbrella and snake grabber. So do one of those items help me get the frog down so that I can turn him into a bomb?

And my son was able to get the first skeleton music twice (once for each of our files--I stink at that). Disappointed that
the box was empty except for a Wiki "upgrade"... Is that useful later?

[quote name='soonersfan60']Need help with the Ice Level:
I assume I need to get the frog bomb to finally break the large ice "chandelier" since the drill and icicle/hammer can only make a chip so big in it. I think I have done everything else, except find a use for the umbrella and snake grabber. So do one of those items help me get the frog down so that I can turn him into a bomb?
[/quote]

Your assumption is correct. For the two items:
Bat Umbrella:
Used to hammer away at the ice the slow way. Not needed.
Slither Gripper:
You turn the gripper back into a snake at the base of the frog, and it will enter the hole and chase the frog down.
There is one more thing you'll need to do to complete the level.
You need the saw.
Use the drill to get it.

well, I finally beat it. Oddly... I have to say very oddly it's the
saddest video game mid-ending I've ever had... I like Wiki probably more than I should >_< the part that mainly got me was when Zack was alone looking into the black hole. Glad to see though that the ending turns out to be ok other than wiki's memory loss

[quote name='G33']
Your assumption is correct. For the two items:
Bat Umbrella:
Used to hammer away at the ice the slow way. Not needed.
Slither Gripper:
You turn the gripper back into a snake at the base of the frog, and it will enter the hole and chase the frog down.
There is one more thing you'll need to do to complete the level.
You need the saw.
Use the drill to get it.
[/quote]

Thanks Crotch and G33. I had the
saw, and used it to cut through part of the ice
and my son actually did
use the umbrella to beat the level on his file
. I was on the right track because I
tried to reach into the hole with the snake grabber, but didn't think to try changing him back into a snake
. I was out of Dolls because I only had one and she told me something very obvious that I had already done in a prior attempt, but I asked for the hint before I had re-tried everything and she told me something I knew. :whistle2:(

Anyway, my son and I both *love* this game. :)

You know what I realized about this game.
Yes, it's amazing. It's great. But it's one of them games that it's hard to re-play. I'm not talking about getting 100%, collecting everything. If you were to re-play it, it probably won't be as amazing because you already figured out the puzzles. Sigh.

But then again, maybe if you re-play it in like.. a year or so it'd be ok.
Anyone else agree?
I mean, for me, it was the figuring everything out was the fun part.

[quote name='lilboo']You know what I realized about this game.
Yes, it's amazing. It's great. But it's one of them games that it's hard to re-play. I'm not talking about getting 100%, collecting everything. If you were to re-play it, it probably won't be as amazing because you already figured out the puzzles. Sigh.

But then again, maybe if you re-play it in like.. a year or so it'd be ok.
Anyone else agree?
I mean, for me, it was the figuring everything out was the fun part.[/quote]For the most part, but there are multiple ways to solve some puzzles, so there is always that.

My one complaint about the game was the oracle dolls. They really need to fix that system up if they do a sequel. I never used them because unless you are completely clueless right at the beginning of a level, odds are you won't get anything useful. It seems as if the first doll you use in a level will just tell you how to accomplish the first task, and so on, whether or not you've already completed the task.

[quote name='The 7th Number']You can only get the hidden treasures after you beat the game.[/QUOTE]I already beat the game,

on the save file selection screen, there is an extra icon which lets u restart the game with all your treasures saved.

I was wondering if this option means u do not have to beat the game AGAIN to be able to get all the hidden treasures.

MASSIVE EDIT!!

lol!

I misinterpreted the game complete tag for a New game + option...

never mind -_-.....

I am DONE with this game!!

I have all 500 treasures, clocked under 33 hours.

I am the Zacku n Wiki Master!

u can ask me anything!

[quote name='The Crotch']Who put the bomp in the bomp-shoo-bomp-shoo-bomp?[/QUOTE]what stage is that? I dont think u should question who put things where but u can use Zack to pull them out.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']JEKKI, why the fuck is Wiki so damn cute. I can't get over how adorable she/he is.[/QUOTE]it's the voice and the tongue I guess... it's like the same thing that made Pikachu so marketable

It's definitely the tongue. Especially when you talk to the rabbit that searches for treasure - Wiki always flies in front of the screen and sticks his tongue out.

JEKKI: Did you ever lose because you took too many shots against the ice boss? If so, do you consider that to be the saddest moment in videogames, or in history?

good point. Every time I turned on the game I would sit and stare at Wiki's face and contemplate the tongue (not joking). I even sat my sisters down to talk about it... proves how powerful animation can be.

anyone have an animated GIF of the tongue?

[quote name='SteveDaWonder']I've just played through all of the jungle levels and I must say- BUY THIS GAME IF YOU HAVE NOT![/QUOTE]
Wait 'till you get to the lava levels; "Dragon Scales" was such a bear to dope out. And "Take back!" was fun to work through...

--R.J.

IGN GOTY awards gave this game "Best game no one played"

I'm not really sure if that is a good thing or a bad.:whistle2:k

Good for the game but bad for Capcom's Marketing department.

If I were a business man, and one of my products got "Best game no one played" I would fire everyone in my marketing department b/c of their complete failure to get a great product out for great sales.

[quote name='The Crotch']JEKKI: Did you ever lose because you took too many shots against the ice boss? If so, do you consider that to be the saddest moment in videogames, or in history?[/QUOTE]did u not read what I posted?!?!?!?!

I said I was the Zacku n Wiki MASTER!

I dont lose against bosses, they lose to ME!

the trick is to start from his head and make a path back to your cannon.

Ok well I wasn't rely excited for this game but recently I seem to be watching videos and loving it. I know it out in the US and everywhere but not in the UK so could some of guys tell me what the game is like and a rating :)

[quote name='munch']go to the trading forum.[/quote]

I don't think the OP meant sell in a literal sense, but in the "I like the idea, but I'm not sure, so sell it to me." sense.

[quote name='ChibiJosh']I don't think the OP meant sell in a literal sense, but in the "I like the idea, but I'm not sure, so sell it to me." sense.[/QUOTE]
:lol: yep

My bro-in-law got me this for Christmas, thinking it was a practical joke being that it has the kiddy like cel shaded graphics. Needless to say, it was him, me, my wife, father in law and even grandma in law that put our heads together for 2 hours straight playing the game. It's also a good history of some things Capcom. That bell music game is a riot!

Fortunately, due to the lower development for the Wii, Capcom probably only needed to sell ~75,000 copies of this game worldwide to break even (a typical $50 PS2 game breaks even at 50,000 copies, according to Nikkei). If Capcom breaks even and notices all the flowing reviews, they might opt to greenlight a sequel with a bigger ad budget...

--R.J.

[quote name='rjung']Fortunately, due to the lower development for the Wii, Capcom probably only needed to sell ~75,000 copies of this game worldwide to break even (a typical $50 PS2 game breaks even at 50,000 copies, according to Nikkei). If Capcom breaks even and notices all the flowing reviews, they might opt to greenlight a sequel with a bigger ad budget...

--R.J.[/quote]Sadly, this is not true. The truly behemothic marketing budget of Zack & Wiki has more-or-less guaranteed that Capcom will have to declare bankruptcy if this game does not outsell Halo.

I picked this game up based solely on word of mouth here, and was skeptical at first. But after giving the game a chance, I saw what everybody else saw - incredibly good puzzles wrapped in a very fun, cute style. Some of the puzzles will really have you scratching your head for a while, so it helps that the game is not grating when you're just sitting and staring at the screen for a while.

The thing I really like is that (for the most part) there aren't any "cheap deaths"; if you die, it's because you weren't careful and made a mistake somewhere down the line. I did "Mad Science" last night and kept dying because (1) I didn't read the chemistry instructions carefully and (2) I was a ninny who forgot what phylum bats belonged to...

--R.J.

I should point out that it isn't a pure, slow-paced point-and-click. There are times when speed is necessary, which disappointed me. But it had a pretty good sense of humor.

If you can, I'd wait for Sam and Max, though.

Finally started this today. The Wii Remote is a piece of shit. When trying to turn the crank in the flute level, or pull the fishing rod in the fish level, I am not moving the controller at all, and yet the game thinks I am. And when I'm flailing wildly, on-screen the object I am controlling is completely still. I can't imagine a more frustrating situation.

Also in the fish level, the guy makes a snoozing sound, and you're supposed to know that means that the enemy can find and kill you? And you're supposed to know that the sound of chirping birds is the sound when you're safe? Fail.

[quote name='pete5883']Finally started this today. The Wii Remote is a piece of shit. When trying to turn the crank in the flute level, or pull the fishing rod in the fish level, I am not moving the controller at all, and yet the game thinks I am. And when I'm flailing wildly, on-screen the object I am controlling is completely still. I can't imagine a more frustrating situation.

Also in the fish level, the guy makes a snoozing sound, and you're supposed to know that means that the enemy can find and kill you? And you're supposed to know that the sound of chirping birds is the sound when you're safe? Fail.[/quote]

Perhaps you should get checked out for Parkinsons.

[quote name='The Crotch']...

Try another remote?

Also, chirping birds = universal sound for someone being knocked out in cartoons.[/QUOTE]
I guess, but snoring = universal sound for being asleep, and therefore unaware of one's surroundings.
[quote name='Zen Davis']Perhaps you should get checked out for Parkinsons.[/QUOTE]

I started playing this yesterday. Amazingly charming is the best way to describe it I think. I immediately recommended it to all my Wii owning friends.

[quote name='rjung']The thing I really like is that (for the most part) there aren't any "cheap deaths"; if you die, it's because you weren't careful and made a mistake somewhere down the line. I did "Mad Science" last night and kept dying because (1) I didn't read the chemistry instructions carefully and (2) I was a ninny who forgot what phylum bats belonged to...

--R.J.[/quote]

No "cheap deaths?"... well, that's an interesting way of putting it to say the least.

[quote name='pete5883'][/quote]

That's it!

I'm calling the mods and sending you a copy of the Tanya Harding sex tape!

(That'll show you!)

I'm curious, I want Zack & Wiki because I like quirky games and heard a lot of good things about it. My problem is my gaming time is limited these days, so can this game be played in short sessions (like 20-30 minutes or less) or must you play for at least 40 minutes or more at a time?

Thanks, I might (no guarantee though) pick this up tomorrow.

[quote name='Zen Davis']That's it!

I'm calling the mods and sending you a copy of the Tanya Harding sex tape!

(That'll show you!)[/QUOTE]
I'll see your Tanya Harding sex tape, and raise you One Night in Chyna.

Should I be able to get past 70% completion in each world my first go-around? Do I have to come back later or did I just miss some things?

bread's done
Back