Zack & Wiki: Quest For Barbaros' Treasure - $19.99 NEW/ $17.99 USED at Gamestop

Josef

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Unlike 95% of the price drops listed on Gamestop's website currently, I think this one is actually new. Maybe it's the beginnings of a universal drop?

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=12374

Edit: Used price has been confirmed at $17.99 (in store only). Also, it looks like this may be the start of a universal drop as reports are coming in that other retailers (Buy.com, Gamecrazy, etc.) have the same price drop. Best Buy and Circuit City still have it listed for $29.99.

Nice one. Thanks
I am assuming the used price dropped as well
Now to wait for any possible wii coupon in near future or grab it now!
WIth a backlog of over 30 games, I will probably wait

Wow, no shit?
Gonna have to keep my eye on eBay prices, the reviews were rather high on this one.
Plus It's made by Capcom? Win win situation.

Nice. I've been worried about missing this game since Amazon apparently stopped stocking it. I ordered it with a Perfect Shot I've been been meaning to pick up and used saver for the free shipping.

[quote name='mofo1115']hot, waiting for the 17.99 used price + 35% in coupons.[/quote]

Same here. I'm sure it's a decent game, but my backlog is causing me to balk at the $20 + tax price.

Very good game which will keep you scratching your head - or beating it against a wall - for about 15-20 hours. :applause:

You're doing yourself a disservice if you don't buy this game, it is that good.

If you are a fan of old school point and click adventures... anything running on scumm or a newer game like the longest journey, you will love this game. It's smart and cleaver and makes you feel great every time you solve a simple puzzle. I paid $40 on launch day, $20 is a steal. Buy it now. :)

[quote name='AwRy108']Same here. I'm sure it's a decent game, but my backlog is causing me to balk at the $20 + tax price.[/QUOTE]

QFT. I've made the "If It's not rare and I know I'm not going to put a lot of time/beat it the first week, I'm not going to spend more then $15 unless It's Shin Megami Tensei/Atlus rare." rule once I sold a lot of my old XBox gen and PS2 games, that I never even beat (some of them) for mere dollars. Zack and Wiki sold pretty decent so there should be plenty of used copies on the market and It's only a matter of time before we find it for $15 or less used, so I'm going to check eBay and the like and hope to score it for such price.

I would pay $20 knowing I would play and beat this this coming week, but I have Okami on my hands right now and after that I'm gonna work on my other backlog of games.

Well worth the $20. I got it for $10 with the TRU "Buy One Wii game, get $20 off the second" deal and it's an awesome game!

Is there anyone who didn't like this game? The last time I heard a game this much fan based hype was Beyond Good and Evil. That game was a blast, but from everything I know this is a "point and click" adventure and I hated those back in the 90s.

Yeah, I don't like Point - N - Click, but this one is great! I don't know...but something about it has me hooked. Only down side, is having to start over every time you mess up.

At this price, Z&W is a must buy for me. If I can find a sealed copy, I will pick it up. I hate GS's gutted copies. Hopefully, this is a universal drop and I can get it somewhere else.

Cool game for the wii collection. I've put in about 12 hours since last week. Probably won't blow anyone away but it's definitely worth 20 bucks. Cleverly conceived puzzles and well-designed game... a little frustrating when you have to play whole levels over after one false step.

[quote name='Veronica Mars']Only down side, is having to start over every time you mess up.[/quote]

[quote name='rothgar24']a little frustrating when you have to play whole levels over after one false step.[/quote]

You don't have to play whole levels over. Just buy the tickets and you'll restart before the point you messed up. I never used any hints but I used a ton of those, probably died 25 times before I beat the game and never had to start a puzzle over from scratch.

Collector's beware, everyone should know that Gamestop's definition of "new" does not mean factory sealed. They liked to sell display copies at retail new price, and there have been countless stories of employees taking home new game releases and then turning around and having the game sold as new.
I suggest to all collectors looking for a "factory sealed" Zack and Wiki to look elsewhere, and before I get some bashing from a EB/GS employee I only say this:
If I gave you an empty can of coke, and then poured the mixture from a pitcher into your can and sold it at the EXACT SAME PRICE as a can of coke that is factory sealed, which would you buy? The mixture from the pitcher is "new" because it hasn't been tampered with but will you still buy it?

[quote name='mox2']Collector's beware, everyone should know that Gamestop's definition of "new" does not mean factory sealed. They liked to sell display copies at retail new price, and there have been countless stories of employees taking home new game releases and then turning around and having the game sold as new.
I suggest to all collectors looking for a "factory sealed" Zack and Wiki to look elsewhere, and before I get some bashing from a EB/GS employee I only say this:
If I gave you an empty can of coke, and then poured the mixture from a pitcher into your can and sold it at the EXACT SAME PRICE as a can of coke that is factory sealed, which would you buy? The mixture from the pitcher is "new" because it hasn't been tampered with but will you still buy it?[/QUOTE]

Pro-Tip: Look at the game before you pay for it. If it isn't sealed ask for one that is or if they don't have any go elsewhere.

[quote name='jimbodan']Pro-Tip: Look at the game before you pay for it. If it isn't sealed ask for one that is or if they don't have any go elsewhere.[/QUOTE]

Or just PM to real retailers.

[quote name='vidGuy']Very good game which will keep you scratching your head - or beating it against a wall - for about 15-20 hours. :applause:[/QUOTE]

I don't know I only got about 15-20 minutes into it and I wanted to kill myself of sheer boredom ... :wall: ... maybe I'll have to give it another try. My son played it more than me and he absolutely hated it.

[quote name='KingDox']Is there anyone who didn't like this game? The last time I heard a game this much fan based hype was Beyond Good and Evil. That game was a blast, but from everything I know this is a "point and click" adventure and I hated those back in the 90s.[/QUOTE]

From the second I picked up Beyond Good and Evil I knew it was great, I wasn't getting it from this game.

Once I heard this was a point-n-click / SCUMM type game, it instantly moved up to a buy on my list.

Monkey Island style FTW.

[quote name='Hockey37']Once I heard this was a point-n-click / SCUMM type game, it instantly moved up to a buy on my list.

Monkey Island style FTW.[/quote]

It's not though. That was the impression I was under until I bought it last week.

It's a 100% trial and error puzzle game with point-and-click controls, that's it.

I'm still having a fun time with the game, it's just not what I was expecting.

[quote name='hollowfreak']I don't know I only got about 15-20 minutes into it and I wanted to kill myself of sheer boredom ... :wall: ... maybe I'll have to give it another try.[/quote]

The first part of the game is pretty slow. A lot of dialog and movies to get through. Once you get into the meat of the game, it gets really great.

[quote name='mox2']Collector's beware, everyone should know that Gamestop's definition of "new" does not mean factory sealed. They liked to sell display copies at retail new price, and there have been countless stories of employees taking home new game releases and then turning around and having the game sold as new.
If I gave you an empty can of coke, and then poured the mixture from a pitcher into your can and sold it at the EXACT SAME PRICE as a can of coke that is factory sealed, which would you buy? The mixture from the pitcher is "new" because it hasn't been tampered with but will you still buy it?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I think if you order from the online store you will get a sealed copy. Just add $5.01 worth of filler and use SAVER for free shipping. Or just pay the small $2.99 shipping fee.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']QFT. I've made the "If It's not rare and I know I'm not going to put a lot of time/beat it the first week, I'm not going to spend more then $15 unless It's Shin Megami Tensei/Atlus rare." rule once I sold a lot of my old XBox gen and PS2 games, that I never even beat (some of them) for mere dollars. Zack and Wiki sold pretty decent so there should be plenty of used copies on the market and It's only a matter of time before we find it for $15 or less used, so I'm going to check eBay and the like and hope to score it for such price.

I would pay $20 knowing I would play and beat this this coming week, but I have Okami on my hands right now and after that I'm gonna work on my other backlog of games.[/quote]
QF (more) T - I have a limit of $15 tops for anything thats not super rare now. I am still playing through Galaxy & Have soooo many games on backlog. Most are RPGs too so I could get away with not buying another game for 2 years. That will never happen though.

[quote name='badramen']FYI, if you order online, it will be sealed.[/quote]It could be on that is resealed with stickers underneath the new wrapping. It's happened to me before.

I already bought this at 40, _absolutely_ worth it. That being said, I haven't finished it yet (I had a bit of an obsessions with perfect runs through stages, although that ended some time ago).

And about the whole backlog thing? I've got stuff extending back into the NES days that I still haven't gotten around to finishing off. My current "recent" backlog includes Blue Dragon, Eternal Sonata, Enchanted Arms, Zack and Wiki, RE4: Wii, SSB:B, Phoenix Wright: T&T, Brave Story, Jeanne D'Arc... gah! That's just the tip of the iceberg!

Sad thing is, I don't see that backlog clearing up any time soon, either. Such is the life of a Ph.D. student that actually tries to maintain some modicum of social life.

People, buy the game. Seriously. It's a no-brainer at this point.

[quote name='perplexcity']It's not though. That was the impression I was under until I bought it last week.

It's a 100% trial and error puzzle game with point-and-click controls, that's it.

I'm still having a fun time with the game, it's just not what I was expecting.[/quote]

QFT.

This is a pure puzzle game. It's the type of puzzles you would solve when playing these games. There is no "talking dialogs". It's still very fun, if you like puzzles in your adventure games/ RPG games, then this is it.

Flipping sweet, I was going to toss this into an order to use the Buy.com $25 off $75 coupon, but decided to use it on the Devil May Cry 4 Collector's Edition instead. Now I can get it for even less than it was on Buy.com (they had it for $28.99).

BTW guys, use the coupon FREE3DAY on Gamestop.com for free ground shipping online. This coupon expires 5/31/2008.

Been waiting around on this one, now seems like the time! The free shipping code sealed the deal for me. Thanks!

Get it. At $20, you won't be sorry. It's a lot of fun, but only the first time. Oh, and try to ignore the tutorial level. The game has a notoriously slow and dull beginning, but it gets much, much better.

bread's done
Back