Zak and Wiki 15 dollars at walmart YMMV

DarthPuma

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Mine was found in the walmart in Lawton Oklahoma. They didn't have the same deal in my hometown though. I didn't bite, because I have no intrest in the game, but I figure one of you might.

They also had Pheonix Wright T and T, Def Jam, Nintey Nine Nites, and a few others for 15. Beowulf 360 was ten.

[quote name='ch3zyp00fs']Ahh! Could you pick me up a copy and I'll definitely pay for Shipping?[/quote]

I would, but the town is an hour away.

[quote name='iowaholdem']$40 at my Walmart as of yesterday. I swear the place has never had a deal on a video game.[/QUOTE]

Neither does my Wal Mart, unless you consider a lonely copy of Drill Dozer in the cheapos bin still marked for $30 a deal :D

My Wal Mart used to be decent and have YMMV deals but that was about 10 years ago and surely a different electronic manager then now.

These so called YMMV deals at Walmart should not be allowed to be put up, they never have them, its almost always a mistake or BS. I hate fucking Walmart they never have a deal on anything STOP POSTING THIS crap.

[quote name='tightclaws']These so called YMMV deals at Walmart should not be allowed to be put up, they never have them, its almost always a mistake or BS. I hate fucking Walmart they never have a deal on anything STOP POSTING THIS crap.[/QUOTE]

It's not crap when the store is near you. As long as the original poster clearly identifies the store in their initial post I don't see why anyone should have a problem. This poster did, and after the first sentence when you realize it's not near you just close the window and move on.

[quote name='tightclaws']These so called YMMV deals at Walmart should not be allowed to be put up, they never have them, its almost always a mistake or BS. I hate fucking Walmart they never have a deal on anything STOP POSTING THIS crap.[/quote]

This is what Wal-Mart does to the average man! It has driven him MAD

[quote name='DarthPuma']Mine was found in the walmart in Lawton Oklahoma. They didn't have the same deal in my hometown though. I didn't bite, because I have no intrest in the game, but I figure one of you might.

They also had Pheonix Wright T and T, Def Jam, Nintey Nine Nites, and a few others for 15. Beowulf 360 was ten.[/quote]

Both Wal-Marts near me had none of these deals.

When it comes down to it, Wal-Mart is supposed to help people save money and live better. One of several ways they could do this is to have some of the games at the prices the OP lists; more precisely, they should have Zack and Wiki, a phenomenal third-party title for the Wii, of which there is a dearth, at $15.00. Once again, Wal-Mart fails to deliver.

--BF

the thing with walmart is they have extremely localized pricing structures. These are designed to compete with any local stores.

They even send out "spies" , just plainclothes employees to go to different stores within a few miles of themselves to check prices and beat them.

They play to beat their competitors at all costs, and have been known to even take a loss on products for a few months in order to drive another store out of business.

So, consider most walmart deals to be YMMV, and please post the City, State of the walmart in question in the title of threads you start about such deals. (anyone else who corroborates the deal at other locations should give the city of the deal also plz)

(p.s. this isn't paranoia, or conspiracy theory, these are first hand observations and inside information from when i worked there)

[quote name='xbox_mole']It's not crap when the store is near you. As long as the original poster clearly identifies the store in their initial post I don't see why anyone should have a problem. This poster did, and after the first sentence when you realize it's not near you just close the window and move on.[/quote]

Actually, this type of thing should probably be posted in the regional forum.

I don't ever believe Walmart can have nice deals or anything, but it's always worth a shot/a shot of hope/etc to check.

Oh except for finding old universal price drops.

[quote name='munkapotamus']the thing with walmart is they have extremely localized pricing structures. These are designed to compete with any local stores.

They even send out "spies" , just plainclothes employees to go to different stores within a few miles of themselves to check prices and beat them.

They play to beat their competitors at all costs, and have been known to even take a loss on products for a few months in order to drive another store out of business.

So, consider most walmart deals to be YMMV, and please post the City, State of the walmart in question in the title of threads you start about such deals. (anyone else who corroborates the deal at other locations should give the city of the deal also plz)

(p.s. this isn't paranoia, or conspiracy theory, these are first hand observations and inside information from when i worked there)[/QUOTE]

I'll vouch for that. Right after college while I was looking for a permanent full-time job I took a full time job in the Accounting Office at my local Wal-Mart mostly because I needed health benefits. I can remember that we got a store advisory in that there was a very high profile DVD release that was coming out that week (the release escapes me at the moment), but Target was selling it for well below Wal-Mart's cost and they were afraid of losing too much business. The directive ORDERED each electronics associate and department manager as well as, as many other associates as possible to secure funds from the Accounting Office and visit each local Target store to begin systematically buying them out of their stock. It advised of a "safe number" of copies that each person should purchase as to not arouse suspicion and to make sure that associates go at different intervals also to not arouse any suspicion.

Target was having a battery promotion with an on-pack coupon on this particular release. We were told to remove the coupons and log how many were purchased and the Home Office would then make an adjustment in our inventory levels and offset the cost in the store system. Once the movies were in the store we were told to re-sticker them and add them as our inventory and sell. We of course were selling the movie for about $3 or $4 more than Target, but the whole idea was to sell out Target so that customers would buy it at Wal-Mart.

[quote name='xbox_mole']I'll vouch for that. Right after college while I was looking for a permanent full-time job I took a full time job in the Accounting Office at my local Wal-Mart mostly because I needed health benefits. I can remember that we got a store advisory in that there was a very high profile DVD release that was coming out that week (the release escapes me at the moment), but Target was selling it for well below Wal-Mart's cost and they were afraid of losing too much business. The directive ORDERED each electronics associate and department manager as well as, as many other associates as possible to secure funds from the Accounting Office and visit each local Target store to begin systematically buying them out of their stock. It advised of a "safe number" of copies that each person should purchase as to not arouse suspicion and to make sure that associates go at different intervals also to not arouse any suspicion.

Target was having a battery promotion with an on-pack coupon on this particular release. We were told to remove the coupons and log how many were purchased and the Home Office would then make an adjustment in our inventory levels and offset the cost in the store system. Once the movies were in the store we were told to re-sticker them and add them as our inventory and sell. We of course were selling the movie for about $3 or $4 more than Target, but the whole idea was to sell out Target so that customers would buy it at Wal-Mart.[/quote]

Is that legal?

[quote name='Noodle Pirate!']Is that legal?[/QUOTE]

Um... you are aware that a lot of what Wal-Mart does is illegal, right?:lol:

I know GS did something similar during those periods when my CC did the $5 and the $8.96 clearances. They sent out their employees to go and buy whatever they could and then they gut all the copies and sold them as used.

[quote name='baruflea']Both Wal-Marts near me had none of these deals.

When it comes down to it, Wal-Mart is supposed to help people save money and live better. One of several ways they could do this is to have some of the games at the prices the OP lists; more precisely, they should have Zack and Wiki, a phenomenal third-party title for the Wii, of which there is a dearth, at $15.00. Once again, Wal-Mart fails to deliver.

--BF[/QUOTE]

When I'm having a bad day, all I have to do is look for a quote from baruflea reminding us how Wal-Mart is not living up to its credo to help us save money and live better. After I read it, everything is right with the world!

[quote name='Veronica Mars']Local Paper said Wal-Mart meds are low class :([/quote]

I'm taking Metformin for diabetes Metformin is Metformin period, what's your local paper? the podunk times?

[quote name='josekortez']When I'm having a bad day, all I have to do is look for a quote from baruflea reminding us how Wal-Mart is not living up to its credo to help us save money and live better. After I read it, everything is right with the world![/quote]
:rofl:

I'm glad my quips about WM help you through the day. I also saw you quoting me in your sig :applause: I just dislike how some WM in Anytown, USA will have an excellent price, while almost all others do not, and treat you like a criminal for trying to obtain game x at that price. :bomb: MY WMs, in Hampton Roads, VA know me as that price matching guy and automatically shoot me down every time.fuck them with a jagged stick!

Then, WM has the gall to advertise, save money, live better. Well, if your fine employees would facilitate an occasional price match, or offer games x and y at particular prices for a limited time--thereby allowing me to purchase them at those prices--I would, indeed, save some money and live a little better by making what funds I have buy more stuff. See how that works, WM?

And before you all jump on me saying WM is a business, blah blah blah, I know these things. What I'm suggesting is that they match their own stores' prices. Other chains do it. It's not an unreasonable thing to ask.

Cheers,
--BF

[quote name='Vinny']Um... you are aware that a lot of what Wal-Mart does is illegal, right?:lol:

I know GS did something similar during those periods when my CC did the $5 and the $8.96 clearances. They sent out their employees to go and buy whatever they could and then they gut all the copies and sold them as used.[/quote]

Gamestop did something even more reprehensible (IMO). When certain games have a used price that has gone up due to rarity, or popularity. And the used price exceeds their currently stickered new price (Because of price drops or from the used price EXCEEDING original retail) they would rip open all of their new copies and label them as used copies.

I don't expect Store A in Jonestown to match prices of Store B in Smithtown. Two different markets. I've seen three different prices on the same used games at three different EBs within 7 miles of each other. Add in the fact that Smithtown is 60 miles away from Jonestown, and if I managed the Smithtown store, I'd reject a PM request based in Jonestown as well. Stores have local markdowns based on what's selling in their stores versus others. The smartass answer would be "Hey, if it's cheaper at Store B, go for it, by the time you drive there and buy it, it would be cheaper to buy it right here and save the gas/time, so I don't need to pricematch it."

When I managed a c-store, one of my duties was to check four local competitor's gas prices thrice daily, and adjust mine as needed to be X cents below this one and X cents above the other one. Theoretically gas prices could change three times a day or more (I didn't check thrice daily). I have no problem with sending "spies" (wrong word choice, "market analysts" would probably be better since they're only collating publicly available information) out to check pricing at competitors--every company, every business does this (or should do it). I do have a problem with buying up Target's stock for resale at WM, that's a little tacky. Not sure if it's illegal.

[quote name='baruflea']:rofl:

MY WMs, in Hampton Roads, VA know me as that price matching guy and automatically shoot me down every time.fuck them with a jagged stick!
[/QUOTE]

baruflea, I just moved to the Richmond area from Hampton Roads, and I will say I saved more money and lived better in Portsmouth than I do here. Rent is atrocious, and you don't get much space for the money. That's why I'm such a frequent visitor to CAG!!!

bread's done
Back