Zavii - "Best Ever Sale"

mrcraggle

CAG Veteran
Zavvi are usually known for their Monday deals but it seems as though their having a huge sale early just before Christmas.

Included in this sale are games such as Borderlands (£17.95 on PS3/360 - £12.95 on PC), Grand Theft Auto IV: Episodes From Liberty City (£17.95 on 360), Colin Mcrae Dirt 2 (£17.95 on 360), Fallout 3 Add On 1 (£7.95 on 360 - £4.95 on PC), Fallout 3 Add On 2 (£8.95 on 360 - £4.95 on PC) and Fallout 3: Game Of The Year Edition (£14.95 on PC).

There are of course lots of other games but these are some of the highlights.

http://www.zavvi.com/offers/best-ever-sale/games.list

I think, in terms of pricing, Borderlands could end up as this years equivalent to Prince of Persia/Far Cry 2/Mirrors Edge. Those games were all £10 or less by the end of February.

[quote name='Liam.']I think, in terms of pricing, Borderlands could end up as this years equivalent to Prince of Persia/Far Cry 2/Mirrors Edge. Those games were all £10 or less by the end of February.[/QUOTE]

Ubisoft games (outside of AC) usually seem to drop in price quickly after their launch. I got the new PoP for half price a week or 2 after it came out.

I ordered Borderlands and Dirt 2 but I only got the dispatch e-mail for Dirt 2 even though I ordered them together.

Far Cry 2 for around 10? Where? I can't find it for less than 17 on sites that will ship for cheap outside of UK(= not Amazon, which charges other £6 for it).

Zavvi's prices are all good and that but does anyone else feel like they wait an eternity to get items from them, maybe i've just been unlucky but sometimes it just feeling like it takes them ages just to dispatch an item.

But awesome prices picked up mini ninjas for a nice sum, game is awesome just didn't want to be paying £20-40 for it.

[quote name='sylar112']Zavvi's prices are all good and that but does anyone else feel like they wait an eternity to get items from them, maybe i've just been unlucky but sometimes it just feeling like it takes them ages just to dispatch an item.

But awesome prices picked up mini ninjas for a nice sum, game is awesome just didn't want to be paying £20-40 for it.[/QUOTE]

My guess is that either someone's stealing stuff or they're taking orders when they haven't actually got the stock in. I had to e-mail them as my order hadn't turned up after ten working days. They did e-mail back, apologise and promised to send another copy to my address. But still, this isn't an uncommon occurrance.

I got some stuff from Zavvi but they said in the e-mail which would be delivered and which wouldn't (Bordlerlands didn't make the cut): but I didn't get a code for 10% off next purchase and the stuff that was arriving before xmas came within 2 days. I did order Lips for cheap from them before and that did take about 2 weeks to come which is ridiculous.

[quote name='saunderscowie']Far Cry 2 is £5 in Gamestation.[/QUOTE]

That's the pre-owned price - it's 20 quid new.

bread's done
Back