Zavvi: 2 games for $40 - Disgaea 4, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Arcana Heart 3 LE

earvcunanan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
300 (100%)
http://www.zavvi.com/offers/2-for-25.list

All games for PS3 and Vita are region-free and brand new. Your total should come to about $41.xx shipped.

List of games that qualify:

Disgaea 4
Final Fantasy XIII-2
Arcana Heart 3 Limited Edition
BlazBlue Continuum Shift 2 Extend
Dynasty Warriors: Strikeforce
Resistance 3
Army Corps of Hell (Vita)
Ridge Racer (Vita)
Splinter Cell Trilogy HD
House of the Dead Overkill - Extended
InFamous 2
Dead Rising: Off the Record
X-Men: Destiny
FEAR 3
Homefront: Ultimate Edition
Rayman Origins
God of War III
El Shaddai
Sonic Generations
Dragon Ball: Raging Blast 2
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition
Child of Eden
Dynasty Warriors 6
Demon's Souls (remember the servers are held up by Namco here and won't shut down on the May 31st date set by Atlus)

Plus a lot more at the link.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='FatherChesz']I ordered the AH3 LE probably close to a month ago, and I haven't seen any action on it. Do they send a confirmation or something, or will it be like a surprise?[/QUOTE]

Yes, they send you an initial copy of the order, and then later they send you an email when it's been 'despatched'.

[quote name='barrit']Yes, they send you an initial copy of the order, and then later they send you an email when it's been 'despatched'.[/QUOTE]

Speaking of which, I got a "despatched" confirmation e-mail, but it only mentions Arcana Heart 3 instead of that and Demon's Souls. Should I be worried?

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']Speaking of which, I got a "despatched" confirmation e-mail, but it only mentions Arcana Heart 3 instead of that and Demon's Souls. Should I be worried?[/QUOTE]
My two games came in separate orders as well, one was dispatched yesterday and one today. Or should I say it like the British: "Despatched"?

[quote name='earvcunanan']Final Fantasy XIII-2 now included![/QUOTE]

Dang, nice! Even better than the $25 Amazon Gold Box deal if you get another game.

[quote name='Byakurai']As much as I'd love a physical copy of Arcana Heart 3, I just can't seem to bite on this.[/QUOTE]

Assuming you don't already own the game and it's still $30 to download it off the PSN, you can get a physical copy and everything in the Special Edition for less than the digital copy.

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']Assuming you don't already own the game and it's still $30 to download it off the PSN, you can get a physical copy and everything in the Special Edition for less than the digital copy.[/QUOTE]

I already have the digital version (back when gamesharing permitted 5 consoles), however I'm a sucker for physical versions of fighters. Since ArcSys fighters are usually region free with their netcode, I might as well get that and CS:Extend. There isn't any great DLC I'd be missing out on for BBCS other than costume palettes and system voices, right?

[quote name='Byakurai']I already have the digital version (back when gamesharing permitted 5 consoles), however I'm a sucker for physical versions of fighters. Since ArcSys fighters are usually region free with their netcode, I might as well get that and CS:Extend. There isn't any great DLC I'd be missing out on for BBCS other than costume palettes and system voices, right?[/QUOTE]

I hate digital downloads just as much as anybody else, but as a CAG, I don't see the point in buying something you already have. Why not get something else to pair with Extend? :D As for Extend's DLC, all it includes this time around are DLC announcers. All color palettes and the DLC announcers from CS1/2 can be unlocked within the game. Besides, if you really want the new announcers, you can just make a European account and download them from there.

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']I hate digital downloads just as much as anybody else, but as a CAG, I don't see the point in buying something you already have. Why not get something else to pair with Extend? :D As for Extend's DLC, all it includes this time around are DLC announcers. All color palettes and the DLC announcers from CS1/2 can be unlocked within the game. Besides, if you really want the new announcers, you can just make a European account and download them from there.[/QUOTE]

I'm not too worried about the dlc announcers, so I would just get the European release. As it stands, I can't seem to place an order with paypal in the first place. Given that's where my extra funds are until next week's payday I might very well still miss out on this deal. :D

[quote name='United_Korea']how does 25 euros come out to $41.XX?[/QUOTE]

thumbnail.aspx

[quote name='Psychonik']Will Homefront's Ultimate Edition DLC work on my US account?[/QUOTE]

If it's the 360 version then there's a good 95% chance it will. If it's the PS3 one, no! lol

On a side note, how are so many people still thinking that UK sites are in Euros!?:booty:

Couldn't get Zavvi to even pop up a prompt to enter my PayPal information. When I sent in a CS ticket, they gave me the basic runaround on how my PayPal must not be working or something. A bit bothersome, but I'll try again some other time perhaps.

EDIT: Gave up with Paypal, ended up just using my regular debit card instead. Hopefully BBCS2:E and AH3 arrive before too long. I'm moving to a new apartment on the 15th.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love Zavvi... ordered from them a lot with shipping to US.

Note also that all PC games are obviously region free, and SOME Xbox 360 games are as well. You just have to know which ones!

I placed my order for d4 and AH LE on Monday night and it shipped out yesterday. Hopefully it comes nicely packaged and damaged free.

So tempted to get Disgaea 4 and FFXIII-2 the only problem is that I don't think I'll like either game...but I want to give them a shot. At this price man I probably should bite.

How does zavvi usually ship their items? I've seen users on youtube post that their limited edition games were shipped in plastic bags. Yikes! Hopefully the titles (Arcana Heart 3 Limited Edition & Disgaea 4) that I ordered arrive in pristine condition.

[quote name='TooPoor']My CC charged $1.2 foreign transaction fee, bummer[/QUOTE]

does Zavvi charge paypal accounts an extra fee for international purchases also?

[quote name='CaoPi']does Zavvi charge paypal accounts an extra fee for international purchases also?[/QUOTE]

Probably not, since nobody can ever get the site to accept the fucking thing.

I got this e-mail from Zavvi yesterday regarding my Demon's Souls order.

Hello,
Thanks for placing your order with us at zavvi, order number xxxxxxxx.
We're sorry that your order for the product(s) below has not yet been sent.
Demon's Souls

We're sorry this has happened. We're continuously looking for ways to improve the service we offer to you and we really hope you'll give us a chance to do better next time.
We're still following this up with our suppliers and we'll keep you updated on the status of your order.
You can check the status of your order by clicking on order tracking in your account pages.
Thanks for your patience, if you have any further questions please contact our customer services colleagues and they'll be happy to help.
Many Thanks,
zavvi Team

I hope they're not trying to get a copy from the manufacturers or something, because Demon's Souls is probably long out of print (especially in Europe).

Does Infamous 2 and FF 13-2 used the same trophy list and save files, or would I have to start over? Wouldn't mind rebuying those games. I know Demon's Souls is different but wanted to make sure on those 2 before deciding.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Does Infamous 2 and FF 13-2 used the same trophy list and save files, or would I have to start over? Wouldn't mind rebuying those games. I know Demon's Souls is different but wanted to make sure on those 2 before deciding.[/QUOTE]

No guarantee that this will work, but you can try this to move the saves to another region. I did similar stuff like this with PSP saves, but some games required some external "assistance":

1. On your old game/PS3, copy the save to the device. (select it, press TRIANGLE and choose Copy. Choose the device)
2. Go to a computer and plug the device in.
3. Go to My Computer>your device>
4. Open the PS3 folder and then open SAVEDATA.
5. Copy the folder to Desktop then delete it from device.
6. On your new game/PS3, start a new game and save.
7. Copy the NEW save to the device. (select it, press TRIANGLE and choose Copy. Choose the device)
8. Go to a computer and plug the device.
9. Open PS3 folder again and then open SAVEDATA.
10. Copy that folder to a new folder in desktop.
11. Now, rename the NEW folder so that it has the same name as the old folder.
12. Open the NEW folder. Here you should see these files:

PARAM.PFD
PARAM.SFO
PIC1.PNG
ICON0.PNG
SAVE.DAT

(if there are more files that's fine. Sometimes PIC1.PNG isn't there, that's fine too.)

13. Open the OLD folder. You should see the same items.
14. THIS IS IMPORTANT: MAKE SURE YOU DO NOT MESS UP. Copy PARAM.PFD and PARAM.SFO from the OLD folder to the NEW folder. If you do it the other way round you'll mess up.
15. Delete the saved file from the device. And also delete the OLD folder. Drag the remaining folder into PS3/SAVEDATA/.
16. Goto your PS3, select Saved Data Utility, choose your device and find the data. Copy this (TRIANGLE) then you're done. Delete save from device.

[quote name='Bapesta']How does zavvi usually ship their items? I've seen users on youtube post that their limited edition games were shipped in plastic bags. Yikes! Hopefully the titles (Arcana Heart 3 Limited Edition & Disgaea 4) that I ordered arrive in pristine condition.[/QUOTE]
My Disgaea 4 arrived in a plastic bag two days ago, it wasn't damaged though.

I got my Arcana Heart 3 LE in today. It came in a plastic bubble envelope in perfect condition. No complaints in that regard. :]

Zavvi STILL hasn't shipped my Demon's Souls though. I'm beginning to get worried that they won't be able to fulfill the order. But if that's the case, they should definitely take off the option to buy it from the website. It's still showing as available to "despatch in two days." I might e-mail customer service about it if I don't hear anything by Wednesday.

Yeah, you might want to nag them about Demon Souls since the US servers are ending at the end of this month (meaning you'll only going to have less than 30 days for online play which reminds me I should go back and finish it up myself.

[quote name='Ymeegod']Yeah, you might want to nag them about Demon Souls since the US servers are ending at the end of this month (meaning you'll only going to have less than 30 days for online play which reminds me I should go back and finish it up myself.[/QUOTE]

The servers for the US version of Demon's Souls are ending, not the servers for the UK version.

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']I got my Arcana Heart 3 LE in today. It came in a plastic bubble envelope in perfect condition. No complaints in that regard. :]

Zavvi STILL hasn't shipped my Demon's Souls though. I'm beginning to get worried that they won't be able to fulfill the order. But if that's the case, they should definitely take off the option to buy it from the website. It's still showing as available to "despatch in two days." I might e-mail customer service about it if I don't hear anything by Wednesday.[/QUOTE]

Just got my arcana heart 3 in last night and it's in near perfect condition, minus a slight ding on one side. Still no word on BBCS shipping any time soon though.

This is getting ridiculous. The estimated "despatch" date for Demon's Souls is still March 25th in my orders, and I haven't heard anything from Zavvi recently. For what it's worth, the availability of it on the product page changed from "despatch in two days" to "usually dispatches within a month" though. I'm going to e-mail customer service about it soon.

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']This is getting ridiculous. The estimated "despatch" date for Demon's Souls is still March 25th in my orders, and I haven't heard anything from Zavvi recently. For what it's worth, the availability of it on the product page changed from "despatch in two days" to "usually dispatches within a month" though. I'm going to e-mail customer service about it soon.[/QUOTE]

Man, that's awful. I hope Zavvi gets this sorted out.

[quote name='CaoPi']still nothing for me, they say allow 20 days before contacting for international orders![/QUOTE]

Their 20 days are up on my end, and I'm fed up with it. I checked the Demon's Souls page and it seems like it's changed back to "Usually despatched within 2 working days." So if they have inventory and they're just not shipping it, that's shady as fuck.

I just sent an e-mail to customer service. I'll let you all know what comes of it.

Just got my response from Zavvi's Customer Service. I'll post it here, since I'm fairly certain it concerns at least a couple other members here:

Thanks for getting in touch to ask about the estimated dispatch of your order.

I'm really sorry that this hasn't yet been dispatched. Demon's Souls is on special order for you with our Supplier but at this time they're unable to give me a date for when they'll have it back in stock. In the meantime our Buyers are trying to obtain this for you from other Suppliers.

No payment will be taken until your order is sent out.

You can check the status of your order by logging into your account and following the prompts at any time and once your order's been sent you'll receive an e-mail to tell you it's on its way.

Again, I'm really sorry that this has been delayed, and thank you for your patience.

Kind Regards,

Well, I guess it's something. It sounds like they're making a legitimate effort to get copies of it somehow. But that still doesn't explain why the product page lists it as 'despatched within 2 working days." If it had always been that way I could understand it, but the fact that it went from that to "usually dispatched within one month" and back just seems strange to me.

Still no sign of BBCS2. I've since moved into a new apartment, so I'm hoping that it will be transferred to the new address on time.

I ordered Pandora's Tower from them and they send the dispatched email on 4/30/2012 and I have yet to get it. Have anyone experience shipment taking this long from them and eventually gets it? I ordered with them in the past and it took about a week. This is just seem too long.

bread's done
Back