Zavvi in administration

SirStuie

CAGiversary!
Oh noes, no more £13 ms point cards!
Christmas eve, a good time to find out your losing your job. On the positive side it means we have two day to think of what to buy in the clearance sale, hopefully it will be better than Woolworths.

Its going to be strange for a while in most London town centres with two large central shops boarded up.

It's a shame about losing zavvi but I honestly haven't found the need to buy anything from there for ages. Mainly as places like Gamestation do way better deals 99% of the time on everything.

I need to get there asap I know they are famous for selling ms point cards dirt cheap and I need a 1800 one ready for Outrun next month.

[quote name='saunderscowie']I need to get there asap I know they are famous for selling ms point cards dirt cheap and I need a 1800 one ready for Outrun next month.[/QUOTE]

1800 points!!! Does it come with a free Testarossa or something?

[quote name='Exu']My local Zavvi used to be a Virgin?

It's certainly f**ked now.[/quote]

So did mines. I think Virgin Megastore was bought over.

Yup. Virgin Megastores was it's original name, and last year Branson sold the entire Megastores Empire to the management for £1 last year. It was already in debt at that point, so this was just the final nail in the coffin.

[quote name='Exu']My local Zavvi used to be a Virgin?

It's certainly f**ked now.[/quote]

Is that the Sun headlin? lol

Zavvi is awesome! I'm hoping that they find a buyer, but it doesn't look too good during this recession. :cry: I was going to work there too during Christmas :whistle2:#

Lets club together and buy Zavvi. It will probably cost a tenner. We can run it as a not for profit organisation.

Zavvis problems were the same as Woolworths (other than having the same supplier) every item was overpriced - games, cds, dvd. There best deals were the 3 for 2 ones but after having them prety much since dvds came out the number of people who find 3 they want to buy is few.

Sad that people lose their jobs. Glad that an overpriced, prey on the uninformed retailer fails.

Went to the one in Crawley today. 2100 Microsoft Points £14.99, Eternal Sonata £7.99, everything else is shit.
What Stuie said, basically.

Now time for HMV stores and their selling preowned higher than new and selling outdated games for £50 (Bejing 2008, Gears 1 etc) to sink. Their online's alright though.

bread's done
Back