zelda 2008 website!?! what do you want from zelda wii thread returns!

[quote name='daroga']Wow. I don't know what to do for you. You hate fantastic games, I guess. Sorry. :(

Anyone (else) who hasn't played Phantom Hourglass, give that a run. It's fantastic from beginning to end with quite a few new surprises and twists on the Zelda formula.[/QUOTE]

I only haven't played it yet because I'm "saving" it for a trip in January. It's freaking torturing me sitting there all packaged up.

[quote name='BlueLobstah']I only haven't played it yet because I'm "saving" it for a trip in January. It's freaking torturing me sitting there all packaged up.[/quote]

you poor thing. but dont worry, cos your 2 months to gaming magnificence. also, love your username. I may have to steal it one day....

From my experience I would love it if they just took a dump in the game package and shipped with the Zelda logo on it. I've only immensely enjoyed Zelda games up to this point, so they'd have to really screw up to displease me.

It would be pretty awesome if they made some underworld underneath Hyrule. It would have a giant evil jar or something that creates all evil in Hyrule.

*I want to see the next true Zelda game take full advantage of the Wiimote to give us new ways to play, like how Phantom Hourglass takes full advantage of the touch screen to give us new ways to play.

*The next Zelda needs to be somewhat more difficult then Twilight Princess.

*The world needs to be even bigger, and less linear (I'm thinking almost like an Elder Scrolls game). I can understand still requiring us to go though to the dungeons in a set order, but the entire world should be opened up from the beginning, with way more side quests and minigames then previous Zelda games.

*Of course, even better graphics then TP goes without saying. While I like the cel shaded look, I prefer the realistic look.

*Don't force multiplayer. Release a separate multiplayer game for Wiiware (maybe with cel shaded graphics).

[quote name='mega_n00bzer']you hate everything . look at your sig. everyone here agrees that ph is a great game. the controls are fantastic and new, why are you complaining about what everyone is praising about ph? stop being so negative.
[/quote]

link1.jpg

well excuse me, princess!

[quote name='FallMoon']It would be pretty awesome if they made some underworld underneath Hyrule. It would have a giant evil jar or something that creates all evil in Hyrule.[/QUOTE]

hey. that '' evil jar '' is very similiar to the picori/minish chest in the minish cap, and I already mentioned that hyrule had an underground called subtarosia, which had cloaked figures who lived in mud huts and used ore as a currency

I wish to hit things with a sword, terrorize chickens and make it with chicks with big ears. Nothing fancy

I'd also like to see a return to the Wind Waker style, but I wish they'd recapture the magic of A Link to the Past somehow. It was exciting exploring Hyrule and discovering there was a Dark World, but during recent Zelda games (yes, even PH) I've been in the mindset of "Oh, same old Hyrule...let me just get from point A to point B and get it over with."

Maybe it's time to shake things up...introduce a new villian even more powerful than Ganon, maybe some new items that could only be possible with Wiimote functionality...or, dare I say, a Zelda RPG team-up with Square Enix?

In other news, it's 6:17 a.m., and I haven't been to sleep yet, so if this post is hopelessly incoherent please forgive me.

At the very least, I'm hoping there's some cool hidden item that can only be obtained with a ton of hard work doing side-quests and the like.

Ocarina of Time had the Biggoron Sword. Cool.
Majora's Mask had the Fierce Deity Mask. AMAZING.
Twilight Princess had....the Magical Armor. Meh...

I liked the magical armour....
only cos it looked cool though. but your right, the trading sequences need better rewards. in ph, you get a postcard, and every now and then, you get mail with some crappy ship part. :cry:

[quote name='Gameboy415']At the very least, I'm hoping there's some cool hidden item that can only be obtained with a ton of hard work doing side-quests and the like.

Ocarina of Time had the Biggoron Sword. Cool.
Majora's Mask had the Fierce Deity Mask. AMAZING.
Twilight Princess had....the Magical Armor. Meh...[/QUOTE]
The Biggoron side quest is one of the most enjoyable side quests in any game I've played. I liked that it was a genuine tangent to the rest of the narrative--there was no need to complete any of it, but having gone through it I can't imagine playing the game otherwise. I wish I had the time to re-play OoT and MM.

Wasn't there something similar in Majora's Mask, too? I remember doing frustrating things to get items to the sword maker after restoring the Goron mountain or whatever it was. I've been meaning to replay through both N64 games.

[quote name='The Crotch']I applaud the two above posts, albeit for opposite reasons.

Myself, I just want to see some god damn 1:1. Or 2:1. Whatever. I just think that if a god damn tech demo can do it with a baseball bat, there's no damn excuse for "mere waggle" anymore.

Also, don't play softball with us. I don't think I saw a Lizalfos in Twilight Princess until I was 65% through. Giving us a billion new sword moves and having us fight enemies that die in two hits is not a good way to go.[/QUOTE]

1:1 for sword movement, like the bat in Wii Sports. However for actual slashes, keep it to a list of like 5-10 standard strikes. A regular player could still just waggle for the normal 3 hit combo, but someone with more experience could simulate the other common strikes.

I definitely think that the best way to evolve it would be to turn it into a team game. I wouldn't want an RPG as those games bore me heavily but something in the vain of maybe Gauntlet or those old 2D fighters (but in 3D) would be great. Link, Zelda, and then a couple of other characters. They'd each have their own abilities and stuff.

[quote name='davo1224']I definitely think that the best way to evolve it would be to turn it into a team game. I wouldn't want an RPG as those games bore me heavily but something in the vain of maybe Gauntlet or those old 2D fighters (but in 3D) would be great. Link, Zelda, and then a couple of other characters. They'd each have their own abilities and stuff.[/QUOTE]

thats a pretty cool idea. say there is boulders blocking the way, a Goron could smash them, letting link continue where he would strike the switch on the other side of a canyon and so on..

Definitely can't be on the same level of suck as Sonic Heroes though. That's one game that I thought would use that scheme well atleast but stunk to high heaven.

A good game, that's pretty much it.

And as a pre-order bonus, a remake OoT for the Wii w/ updated graphics, & Wii controls

Oh yes, I forgot something else in my earlier post.

Orchestrated music damnit! If Mario can do it, why can't Zelda? Music DOES enhance the experience of the game, and I feel is a large part of what makes or breaks a game.

[quote name='davo1224']Definitely can't be on the same level of suck as Sonic Heroes though. That's one game that I thought would use that scheme well atleast but stunk to high heaven.[/quote]

true, sonic heroes was fuck ing terrible. It would be interesting to see what characters nintendo would offer and how the control scheme would handle

I dislike threads like this because they cause current games to be overlooked.

And because they set retarded expectations.

I would totally love to see Link cut Gannon's head off and ride around to show all in Hyrule that evil has passed! Then they could cook Gannon's carcass and have a huge pork feast around Hyrule Castle. That would be an awesome ending!

Because Link loves good the other white meat too.
See I can do it too.

[quote name='Zen Davis']I dislike threads like this because they cause current games to be overlooked.

And because they set retarded expectations.

See I can do it too.[/QUOTE]

get of my god damn thread zen....

What do I want from the next Zelda?

- Items and weapons that are actually useful through the whole game and not just in one dungeon

- The best items in the game better not require rupees or anything to be used

- less emphasis on dungeons. The 8 [insert object here] in the dungeons is way past old and stale

- minigames and secrets that actually give me something worthwile

- minigames and secrets that I can beat way before the end so that I can actually have time to use the items they give me

- a deeper more involved fishing game with many varieties of fish

- No lame sidekicks that transform you into something

- A bigger role for Zelda, maybe fight along side her or something

- No more kid Link/adult Link

- No time travel

- No Ganon

- No crossbow for Link

- More bosses like the sky dragon

- More towns

- More things to buy and spend your rupees on

- Make the game 20X harder than TP

[quote name='mega_n00bzer']get of my god damn thread zen....[/quote]
If this is your thread, why don't you delete my posts.

Besides who wouldn't to see Link riding through Hyrule holding the head of Gannon?

Well I can agree that the old Zelda formula is getting a bit stale and I did really enjoy WW except for the tideous chaning the wind and sailing the seas...

As far as a new one seeing it is a Nintendo game and the godfather of Nintendo himself is involved why not incorporate some other nintendo game ideas into it...

Here are some things I would like to see in the next Zelda...

New locations and characters..
Actual "Good" mini games
Add some RTS game play to it similar to how you had to command those little tree guys in Paper Mario (Gcube)
Add some RPG elements to it like gaining experience to power up Link as you would like to. and be able to collect materials and what not to power up weapons and armor.
Make the boss battles as eventful as they were in the first 3D Zelda..
Possibly have some Side mission type of deals with Zelda.

The idea of Computer controlled party members sounds neat but how many people go it right after all these years and I just see them messing it up and you really wouldn't want it as in depth as FFXII seeing you pretty much can set that game up to all you need to do is hit X and move them around.

Make Link Talk!!!!!!

I don't know if it is just me but the Link in SSBM was much cooler and useful in combat than the actual Zelda games.

[quote name='Zen Davis']If this is your thread, why don't you delete my posts.

Besides who wouldn't to see Link riding through Hyrule holding the head of Gannon?[/quote]

thats more like it

complaining: not good
doing what the thread asked: good

and yes, I would love to see that, complete with blood please, nintendo!

Originally Posted by Zen Davis

Besides who wouldn't to see Link riding through Hyrule holding the head of Gannon?

There you go a new layout for the next Zelda.. he rides through town with Ganons head to show that the bastard is finally gone.. Zelda and Link marry and all is great and a new evil emerges... Opens the doors to many new possibilities could even have Link the King of the lands and have lets say Link and Zelda lust child be the new hero...

[quote name='Derrick1979']Well I can agree that the old Zelda formula is getting a bit stale and I did really enjoy WW except for the tideous chaning the wind and sailing the seas...

As far as a new one seeing it is a Nintendo game and the godfather of Nintendo himself is involved why not incorporate some other nintendo game ideas into it...

Here are some things I would like to see in the next Zelda...

New locations and characters.
Actual "Good" mini games
Add some RTS game play to it similar to how you had to command those little tree guys in Paper Mario (Gcube)
Add some RPG elements to it like gaining experience to power up Link as you would like to. and be able to collect materials and what not to power up weapons and armor.
Make the boss battles as eventful as they were in the first 3D Zelda..
Possibly have some Side mission type of deals with Zelda.

The idea of Computer controlled party members sounds neat but how many people go it right after all these years and I just see them messing it up and you really wouldn't want it as in depth as FFXII seeing you pretty much can set that game up to all you need to do is hit X and move them around.

Make Link Talk!!!!!!

I don't know if it is just me but the Link in SSBM was much cooler and useful in combat than the actual Zelda games.[/quote]

Indeed, the boss battles from Oot were genius, and I was a little dissapointed by TP/WW, they had about one cool boss battle each, and the rest were just strategies/bosses taken from the N64 games. we definitely need more armour. Shoulder pads, new shields ( that have a purpose of course ), Chest plates, and maybe helmets. I wouldn't want zelda to turn into an RPG, nor would I like leveling up. as for the new locations, shigsy told us that '' were trying new locations and eviornments for the legend of zelda ''. So yes, expect a new land

and I will add the better ideas to my first post, so people can discuss earlier ideas and add to them

How about a Zelda spin-off/gaiden game where we actually get to play as Zelda? She's got to have some moves. Link could be off on his own crazy quest/journey so he's not available to help the princess and Hyrule. So it's up to Zelda to help out. But once she's gets close to finishing the simple task, the story unravels into a much grander quest that only she can finish.

What would be cool is that the prologue to this game would be Link going off on his own quest to find something/someone and that would be the second Wii Zelda-main-series game.

[quote name='mega_n00bzer']thats more like it

complaining: not good
doing what the thread asked: good

and yes, I would love to see that, complete with blood please, nintendo![/quote]

But my first post had that idea as well. If you had read it perhaps you wouldn't look as foolish as you now do.

[quote name='Zen Davis']But my first post had that idea as well. If you had read it perhaps you wouldn't look as foolish as you now do.[/quote]

I blame my eyes for not seeing this. stupid eyes.

[quote name='orimental']How about a Zelda spin-off/gaiden game where we actually get to play as Zelda? She's got to have some moves. Link could be off on his own crazy quest/journey so he's not available to help the princess and Hyrule. So it's up to Zelda to help out. But once she's gets close to finishing the simple task, the story unravels into a much grander quest that only she can finish.

What would be cool is that the prologue to this game would be Link going off on his own quest to find something/someone and that would be the second Wii Zelda-main-series game.[/quote]

there was a game where zelda set of on an adventure: wands of gamelon
the thing was, it was absolute s**t

read about it on wikipedia

alright, the first of the updates is up. I will update the board every now and then with how the board is going, how many replies/views we have and general ideas about zelda wii.

you can view it at page 1. its the first post

you know what'd be funny? if nintendo ruin our hopes and dreams and release a game called: the legend of zelda: learning with link: kindergarten adventures!

fun for the whole family? I think not

[quote name='mega_n00bzer']you know what'd be funny? if nintendo ruin our hopes and dreams and release a game called: the legend of zelda: learning with link: kindergarten adventures!

fun for the whole family? I think not[/QUOTE]

Clearly you haven't heard of Mario Teaches Typing.

Please tell me you're kidding about Mario Teaches Typing.

Would it be too much to ask for a little more skin? Come on Miyamotosan, PLEASE. Have princess Z show us them titties!

Clearly you didn't know that Mario Teaches Typing wasn't developed by Nintendo.
[quote name='foltzie']Clearly you haven't heard of Mario Teaches Typing.[/quote]

[quote name='naes']Clearly you didn't know that Mario Teaches Typing wasn't developed by Nintendo.[/QUOTE]

Neither were the CD-I Zelda games, doesnt stop it from existing depsite our attempts to place them in the box with Schrödinger's cat.

I think I have one all Zelda fans want:

Open-Ended

It was there in the first 4 Zelda games. Why not make a 3d open Hyrule? We want it to happen.

[quote name='foltzie']Neither were the CD-I Zelda games, doesnt stop it from existing depsite our attempts to place them in the box with Schrödinger's cat.[/QUOTE]

what did you do philips? what did you dooooooooooooooo!!

[quote name='mega_n00bzer']what did you do philips? what did you dooooooooooooooo!![/QUOTE]

Blame Nintendo those slights were due to Nintendo screwing over not just Phillips, but Sony on the development of the successor to the SNES.

Phillips just had a better deal with Nintendo. Sony on the other hand, decided to release the Playstation as a standalone console.

THIS JUST IN

http://wii.advancedmn.com/article.php?artid=11091

3D aLttP Remake Rumour

The Legend of Zelda sage Eiji Aonuma has said that he'd like to produce a 3D remake of the SNES classic, "The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past." Talking to ONM, Aonuma enlightened, "Ocarina of Time was the first title I worked on, and I was continuously tackling challenges every day during its development, so I think this is the title I feel I impacted the most…I have to say though, the first Zelda game that I played and felt potential in was Link to the Past. I'm actually very interested in what it would be like if we remade that title as a 3D game."

thanks to pyrogamer for pointing this out, and you can view his thread here. but remember, It HAS NOT BEEN CONFIRMED

bread's done
Back