Zelda 3DS XL Limited Edition Set Pre-Order Available At BestBuy.com

ChunLiBarbie

CAGiversary!
They listed it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D/

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-3ds-xl-gold-black-with-the-legend-of-zelda-a-link-between-worlds/2287137.p?id=1219071509031&skuId=2287137

http://www.zelda.com/link-between-worlds/

If you have an American Express card and a facebook or twitter account, you can get $25 off by spending $250 or more at Best Buy. Might help some in justifying the purchase of this bundle.

LINK
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
About the Oracle Of Ages they had listed on their site as a Bonus for this bundle:

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Gaming-Support/Question-about-Zelda-3DS-XL-Pre-Order-Bonus/m-p/728597/highlight/true#M21945

The Oracle of Ages pre-order bonus is actually only available for pre-orders of just the physical copy of The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds. The hardware bundle that includes the game and a 3DS XL unfortunately does not qualify. I apologize for any inconvenience that this causes.
Well, now they have also removed the wording and the picture from the page I originally linked. However, that info still remains on the main video game page. Image for proof in case it gets removed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks so much for confirming this.
I didn't know that was the case but thanks for pointing it out. I checked the terms:

Receive a one-time $25 statement credit when you spend a total of $250 or more at Best Buy by 12/31/13. Tweet using #AmexBestBuy to add this offer to your synced American Express Card. This offer does not require a coupon at the point of sale - so once you’ve received a confirmation response message from our Twitter handle @AmexSync that the offer has been added, just shop with your synced Card to redeem!

Offer Terms:
To be eligible to receive the statement credit:

(i) you must have an American Express Card that is synced with Twitter
(ii) you must tweet using #AmexBestBuy;
(iii) you must receive a response message from @AmexSync stating that this offer has been added to your synced Card; AND
(iv) you must use your synced Card to spend a total of $250 or more at Best Buy by 12/31/13.

https://sync.americanexpress.com/twitter/offerterms/F7FBA9863EA33437382811C56B69914CA

He wrote "I believe". It hasn't been confirmed unless some actually spends $250 accros several transaction and get the credit.
She, and yes, the language makes it seem like they don't all have to be on the same receipt. It says, "spend a total of $250 or more at Best Buy by 12/31/13" (can't c/p the text through FB for some reason, which is where I redeemed the offer).

He wrote "I believe". It hasn't been confirmed unless some actually spends $250 accros several transaction and get the credit.
She did write "I believe". But in the post above yours, about 30 mins earlier, I posted the exact language. No need to get snarky.

I mentioned in another thread that the wording of the terms did seem like it would be a running total.  However last year during the same promo, I spent over $250 in several transactions in Oct/Nov and did not get the credit right.  I did get the credit right after another transaction in Dec that did total $250+ - AMEX offers typical credit within a day or fullfilling the spending requirements.  I don't recall how the terms were then though.

The simplist thing to do is to combine a high priced purchase with some GCs to hit $250 after tax.  Since this is the thread for the Zelda 3DS XL, most people can just throw in a $20 GC to reach $250.

Just FYI it says "Egift card purchases excluded."

I ordered the Zelda 3DS + 2 3ds games that were on sale at the same time, but I've had to pick each thing up as they become ready, so hopefully it will be okay. Technically I ordered them all together, but they're all being charged separately. We'll see.

I ordered the Zelda 3DS + 2 3ds games that were on sale at the same time, but I've had to pick each thing up as they become ready, so hopefully it will be okay. Technically I ordered them all together, but they're all being charged separately. We'll see.
But that's for e giftcards which are handled by a third party and not best buy directly

If anything, but 2 items that combine up to 250 after tax separately and see if it triggers within a day, if not just return both and rebuy.

Doesn't it take like 6-8 weeks to show up on your statement?
So I'm guessing you picked up the two 3DS games already? If so check your AMEX account to see how the charge shows up. The main thing is how the XL charge will appear on your statement. I also think AMEX actually shows the BBY01- order info.

Also check the Offers part on your account. Offers added to your card will have "added to card ending in xxxx" or something like that. The Best Buy offer shows "redeemed" on mine, probably as the credit has posted to my account.

I picked up items and rest shipped the same day I placed the order so not sure how separate pickups for same order appear as a charge. I recived my $25 credit two days after my order. Every single AMEX offer I have done, I have received the credit within several days.

I swung by a Walmart to see if they happened to have them out and they definitely didn't. Gonna risk just picking this up in a nearby store on release and see if I regret cancelling my pre-order :(

FWIW:

I called AmEx this morning to find out definitively whether or not all Best Buy transactions have to be on the same receipt for the $25 cash back on $250 worth of purchases by 12/31/13 offer. Please note that I activated this offer through FACEBOOK. Not sure if the terms are different for Twitter, etc., but I would think not.

She said she already sees two charges qualifying toward the offer, which makes sense, because I've picked up two games so far. The third charge will be my Zelda 3DS. She said the charges do NOT have to be on the same receipt/all in one charge. I spoke to someone in the offers department, or whatever department handles the offers.

So hopefully that clears up any confusion.

Haven't kept up with thread. Was wondering if anyone has received an Oracle of Ages download code or is it sent after you've picked up the system? I have a preorder at GameStop, but might get it at Best Buy so I can sell both download codes to alleviate the cost of the 3DSXL.

Haven't kept up with thread. Was wondering if anyone has received an Oracle of Ages download code or is it sent after you've picked up the system? I have a preorder at GameStop, but might get it at Best Buy so I can sell both download codes to alleviate the cost of the 3DSXL.

I placed an order online for instore pickup for the game. No code, so probably when its released.

So I was thinking.

It seems like Best Buy has a pretty good return policy.

If my Zelda 3DS ends up having a dead pixel or a yellow tint on the screens, I should't have any trouble exchanging it for another, right?

I placed an order online for instore pickup for the game. No code, so probably when its released.
Did you guys miss the whole exchange where it turns out there are no codes for the systems? I'm pretty sure that's still the case, so I wouldn't hold my breath about receiving a code upon pickup.

Just so you guys know, we got these in at my store already so they will be available in store for sale at best buy on the 22nd.
*grumble grumble* Still wish I could get one even a day early to try and pick up some of the eShop zelda games that are on sale. None of the upcoming sales interest me, and it seems silly that they end the sales before those of us picking up the Zelda 3DS get a chance at them.

Did we ever find out if we get the email code for Seasons or Ages? (can't remember which one). If we preoredered it before this deal? 

Did we ever find out if we get the email code for Seasons or Ages? (can't remember which one). If we preoredered it before this deal?
The BBY page no longer shows the console bundle as included in the promo. I believe someone posted a pic of the promo with the console a few pages back. Might be able to use that and call out bby with it?

Just so you guys know, we got these in at my store already so they will be available in store for sale at best buy on the 22nd.
I would think not, unless this ends up being limited...which it will eventually.
I went to BB today and my store had them out for sale, which of course was a mistake. I told a employee such and she said that if it was out on the sales floor it was ready to be sold... so of course I tried to buy one and the register wouldn't allow it.

For those wondering about numbers they had at least 12 that I could count in the glass. I live in a small market area but this time of year gets abnormally busy because all the Canadians for Quebec, Nova Scotia and New Brunswick come down for their holiday shopping.

So I would expect the bigger stores to get more and the smaller ones to have a similar amount.

But just to compare I think they got 3 or 4 each of the blue / red Pokemon units.

I put some info and the bonus game pic in the OP.

........Zelda has, like, a bagillion fans. Don't try to compare this to anything you've seen. Get it as soon as it comes out, if interested.

I put some info and the bonus game pic in the OP.

........Zelda has, like, a bagillion fans. Don't try to compare this to anything you've seen. Get it as soon as it comes out, if interested.
That is true. But this is being carried by every retailer. They won't sell out day one. Or two. Or week one. Or two.

I'm sure they will sell out though... I don't think people are disputing that.

Not sure what everyone else is doing i'm going to cancel my BB pre-order and just get it from wal-mart. I have the flyer for this week and can confirm its 199. I can then take that 20 bucks i saved and buy a 3ds eshop card and get seasons, ages, and awaking. fuck best buy and get more games then their shitty pre-order offers.

The weekly ad does show this as $199 - why not just price match on Friday when it releases? I'm doing store pickup - seems easy enough to just price match right when I pick it up.

Not sure what everyone else is doing i'm going to cancel my BB pre-order and just get it from wal-mart. I have the flyer for this week and can confirm its 199. I can then take that 20 bucks i saved and buy a 3ds eshop card and get seasons, ages, and awaking. fuck best buy and get more games then their shitty pre-order offers.
Price match it on Friday. According to the BBY page, you'll get the Oracle game as well.

Got the Sunday paper and can confirm that it says the bundle is $199.96. It also doesn't have any exclusion as far as date goes. Doesn't say only on Nov.22/23. As long as it's in stock, you can get it for that price.

Am I S.O.L. for the pricematch if I chose to have it shipped? :cry:
I would just call Best Buy customer service ASAP on Friday and do a price match over the phone. I say ASAP on Friday in case whoever you get actually calls your local WM to see if they have it in stock. I've done that in the past with no problems.

My local ad online does say only nov 22 and 23, but you have to click on the item and it brings up a more info pop up with those dates.

I would just call Best Buy customer service ASAP on Friday and do a price match over the phone. I say ASAP on Friday in case whoever you get actually calls your local WM to see if they have it in stock. I've done that in the past with no problems.

My local ad online does say only nov 22 and 23, but you have to click on the item and it brings up a more info pop up with those dates.
Thanks. I spoke with a representative just a moment ago. He said something along the same lines, except he told me: 1) to go to a store 2) return it 3) ask to pricematch it. I'm probably going to do what you recommend instead. His main point was that I can only do whatever I need upon the sale. In the end, I'm going to give it a shot to satisfy the CAG in me. If I don't get it, I'll deal with it.

Thanks. I spoke with a representative just a moment ago. He said something along the same lines, except he told me: 1) to go to a store 2) return it 3) ask to pricematch it. I'm probably going to do what you recommend instead. His main point was that I can only do whatever I need upon the sale. In the end, I'm going to give it a shot to satisfy the CAG in me. If I don't get it, I'll deal with it.
Might have had a bad CSR but i tried to do an online return rebuy at store pickup, the said I wasn't able to I had to wait to return. I ended up just buying in store and left the order there for pickup and called and cancelled the online order.

I would love to get this 3DS, but I already did the upgrade to the XL.  Oh how I want its golden triforce beauty.  

I just got off the phone with BBY too, and the guy I talked to made it sound like I could get the 3DS price matched in store when I go to pick it up on Friday. The thing is, their own price match policy seems to exclude online orders from being eligible for in-store price matching. On the other hand, the first rep I talked to on the phone made it sound like it wouldn't be possible to run a price match on an order that had already been placed.

So, was customer service just giving me B.S. on the phone? Or have any of you had luck before with price matching a store pickup pre-order on the day you went to pick it up?

Why would they have to make you rebuy the item when all they have to do is refund you $20? Since I used gift cards and reward certificates, I sure hope they don't make me rebuy. They'll need a manager to come override the price if that's the case.

I just got off the phone with BBY too, and the guy I talked to made it sound like I could get the 3DS price matched in store when I go to pick it up on Friday. The thing is, their own price match policy seems to exclude online orders from being eligible for in-store price matching. On the other hand, the first rep I talked to on the phone made it sound like it wouldn't be possible to run a price match on an order that had already been placed.So, was customer service just giving me B.S. on the phone? Or have any of you had luck before with price matching a store pickup pre-order on the day you went to pick it up?
What I've done in the past is pick it up then immediately call BB.com customer service and done a post purchase price match. Never had an issue except dealing with someone who didn't know what they were doing. Hung up and called back on those occasions and always got someone who could finally help. I've specifically done this with price matches at walking mart as well. Some reps you get just look it up, others actually call the store.

Of course, I guess BB could have changed their policy (which reading it now, it seems they have) however it would be the first time I've run into an issue. I'll probably try to do this at pickup with the ad. No luck there, I'll call customer service for BB.com. No luck there - I'll prolly just suck it up since I'm a lazy push over.

I just came back from the Best Buy that will be receiving my pre-order. The employees at the store pickup counter and what seemed like a manager told me that they would be able to PM the 3DS when I picked it up as long as they could call a local Walmart and confirm that they had the 3DS in stock.

If they make us do a return/rebuy to PM, I'd be kind of screwed.  Used a $100 cert and there's no way I'd have it back immediately to use on the rebuy.

bread's done
Back