Zelda 3DS XL Limited Edition Set Pre-Order Available At BestBuy.com

ChunLiBarbie

CAGiversary!
They listed it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D/

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-3ds-xl-gold-black-with-the-legend-of-zelda-a-link-between-worlds/2287137.p?id=1219071509031&skuId=2287137

http://www.zelda.com/link-between-worlds/

If you have an American Express card and a facebook or twitter account, you can get $25 off by spending $250 or more at Best Buy. Might help some in justifying the purchase of this bundle.

LINK
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
About the Oracle Of Ages they had listed on their site as a Bonus for this bundle:

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Gaming-Support/Question-about-Zelda-3DS-XL-Pre-Order-Bonus/m-p/728597/highlight/true#M21945

The Oracle of Ages pre-order bonus is actually only available for pre-orders of just the physical copy of The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds. The hardware bundle that includes the game and a 3DS XL unfortunately does not qualify. I apologize for any inconvenience that this causes.
Well, now they have also removed the wording and the picture from the page I originally linked. However, that info still remains on the main video game page. Image for proof in case it gets removed.

Last edited by a moderator:
just received email saying my order would be ready for pickup tomorrow. all that's left is pricematching to walmart.
Same here. Tempted to try calling and pricematching again today, but it's probably not worth it. I'll just do it tomorrow morning before I pick it up at lunch.

Can anybody confirm if we can purchase this during the midnight launch of X1 on select stores?
You should be able to, but due to the street date, they probably won't ring it up for you until after midnight. That's what happened last week when I bought an X1 controller during the PS4 midnight launch at my BB.

just received email saying my order would be ready for pickup tomorrow. all that's left is pricematching to walmart.
Got mine this morning as well. I'll see if they let me pick it up today when i go trade in my ps3 and xbox 360. Looking forward to tomorrow's release of nintendo games (mario land 3d, mario party 3ds, zelda) finally some love for the wii U and 3ds.

Yup I just sold my old 3ds xl yesterday to put money towards the zelda 3ds xl and i was unhappy that by doing so i lost around $9 in eshop funds and my oracle of ages and seasons do to no account system, come on Nintendo seriously get with the times.
I know the deed is done already, but you ar aware that you can transfer the entire systme from one 3DS to another right? You would have saved you eShop money and your downloaded games.

I know the deed is done already, but you ar aware that you can transfer the entire systme from one 3DS to another right? You would have saved you eShop money and your downloaded games.
The only trade off is not having the money from his 3ds sale to put towards it.

After he was done he told me he couldn't price match the Walmart deal but can make the order for 10% off the price which made it 197.99 (which is two dollars cheaper). At that point I was pretty sure he didn't know what he was doing so I told him that was fine with me and proceeded to finalize the order from there before he had any second thoughts.
We can't match it, so we'll make it cheaper. This is kind of funny.

For those who didn't preorder online and are getting the bundle tonight: what time are you guys lining up? I wasn't on BB during the midnight launch of the PS4, so I don't know how the protocol works (2 separate lines, etc).

For those who didn't preorder online and are getting the bundle tonight: what time are you guys lining up? I wasn't on BB during the midnight launch of the PS4, so I don't know how the protocol works (2 separate lines, etc).
Youll probably just end up at the end of the Xbox line. My store was a chaotic mess, and most of my friends said the same

Youll probably just end up at the end of the Xbox line. My store was a chaotic mess, and most of my friends said the same
Seems like a really bad idea to bother with getting the 3DS XL zelda bundle at midnight w/ the Xbox One launch. Might as well wait till later in the morning IMO.

going to go to my best buy and ask if I can get it at midnight. If they let me I'll just show up around 1150 and wait in some kind of line haha hopefully I will not have to wait that long.

Just got off the phone with BBY.  The person helping me was able to look up the ad and confirm the price as 199.96. However, she was not able to price match it.  She said they would do it in store at time of pick-up.  

She also created a case for me and gave me a case number. Should they not be able to match in store, I can call back with the case the rep created and they will credit me with the difference.  This might be the way to go if you are not able to price match over the phone. Get a case number confirming that you will be credited.  Hope that helps. 

Seems like a really bad idea to bother with getting the 3DS XL zelda bundle at midnight w/ the Xbox One launch. Might as well wait till later in the morning IMO.
Yeah. There was like a good 50ish people crammed in my store for PS4.

If you are gonna get it, I would suggest calling and asking so they can be prepared or give you better info.

Just call BBY before you go pick up the system and do a post price match. I used gift cards and certificates to buy the system so returning and rebuying is out of the option for me.
I paid full price in gift cards, so I might be SOL, unless they're nice about it and.slip me a 20 dollar gift card for the pm and my troubles.

Called best buy and asked if I could pick mine up at Midnight, they said no.  The store is closed except for all things XBONE

If you are like me and have already paid for it in full but are picking it up, call BB customer service once you have it (and while still in the store just to be safe) and ask to talk to a Post Purchase rep. They should be able to help you out

I'm still debating over the best way for me to price match and also take advantage of ShopDiscover's 5% cashback (fyi Discover also has an additional 5% on all online purchases for this quarter). Of course the easiest would be if Walmart.com site has the sale price, but that's not a sure thing. I may just follow what most people are planning and order on BB's site for in-store pickup and price match when I go to the store. 

Called best buy and asked if I could pick mine up at Midnight, they said no. The store is closed except for all things XBONE
Same here - I saw my preorder was ready to pick up at my local BB and wanted to see if I could get the XL early, but I was told to come back tomorrow. I asked if I could pick it up during midnight, but the worker there told me they will only be doing Xbox One transactions. No rush at all, this just gives me a chance to PM Wal-mart's price tomorrow morning.

Picking mine up tonight. I do work at bb so i can get away with it. But honestly if someone wants to buy it at midnight our store will sell it to them. We sold some other stuff on PS4 release night (3DS,games, laptops, ipads etc)

So it depends on the store. 

Can money I deposited for my trade-in at Gamestop be taken back out as cash? If I can save 20 dollars I might as well.

For those of you who have pre ordered the game only, did anyone get the code for the Oracle of Ages download yet? I got my email saying its ready for pick up, but no DL code yet.

The one near me told me they are only doing XB1 (Vernon Hills, IL). So, Best Buy has now fallen to 3rd on my list and will likely lose my money. Walmart first, then Target at 8am if that fails.

I just called my best buy and they confirmed the whole store will be open! He said that there will be enough employees in each section to help with what we need. So maybe when other people called they just got a sour representative, who doesn't want anymore people at midnight heh.

Hopefully I can walk out of there with Zelda, Mario goodness. F the One.

YMMV regarding being able to purchase outside of XBox One items. I was at a game launch a few years back and they funneled everyone to one area and blocked off the rest of the store. But then again, that was only for a game. 

Can money I deposited for my trade-in at Gamestop be taken back out as cash? If I can save 20 dollars I might as well.
If you traded in games to make a deposit, you cannot pull out the cash. Gamestop pays more for trade-ins if you get store credit vs. cash payout.

But if you deposited cash, Yes, you can cancel your preorder and get your cash back.

If anyone wants my code I'll sell it for $20 or trade for another 3ds games. Not really into Zelda just the ocarina of tine. Getting excited haha I'm going to look weird coming out with a 3ds and not an xbox

If anyone wants my code I'll sell it for $20 or trade for another 3ds games. Not really into Zelda just the ocarina of tine. Getting excited haha I'm going to look weird coming out with a 3ds and not an xbox
Just curious though - if you're not into Zelda, why not wait til next week and get a normal 3DS XL on sale for around 150 somewhere? Not being judgmental, just genuinely curious why you're getting this one.

from bestbuy, regarding midnight release for zelda 3ds xl

"Basically this midnight opening is strictly for the Xbox One system and most likely those other products will not be available on the floor until tomorrow morning.  I would recommend contacting your local store to see if this will be possible, but I don’t believe that they will be allowing other sales in the store beyond Xbox One related purchases."

Just curious though - if you're not into Zelda, why not wait til next week and get a normal 3DS XL on sale for around 150 somewhere? Not being judgmental, just genuinely curious why you're getting this one.
I really like the console and the color. Looks amazing!! I don't want a red or black. Don't like the colors

Does anyone know how long Best Buy or GS will be open for their midnight releases? I was thinking about swinging by at like 3 AM to grab both my preorders before leaving for work

Does anyone know how long Best Buy or GS will be open for their midnight releases? I was thinking about swinging by at like 3 AM to grab both my preorders before leaving for work
No way they would be open at 3 ... maybe 2 am tops but even that is taking a chance.

For those of you who have pre ordered the game only, did anyone get the code for the Oracle of Ages download yet? I got my email saying its ready for pick up, but no DL code yet.
I called about it and they said even tho it has shipped, the e-mail will go out after the game's release date (so sometime after midnight). But the person kept saying it'll show up in my "Digital Library" and kept saying they need to check with the manufacturer when they are getting the codes. I'm inclined to think he just said "Generic Answer #2953 When Dealing With Crazy Cheap Ass Gamers".

I'm not really into Zelda either but I really like the gold color. I'll probably also sell my code because Nintendo's online system blows and I'd rather have a physical copy.

Got my in store pickup notification when I got out of work tonight so I went went to the store and they actually let me pick up my order!!! I got the 3DS XL bundle, a physical copy of the game and Super Mario 3D world for Wii U. Been playing the Zelda game for the past few hours and it's amazing!!!

Got my in store pickup notification when I got out of work tonight so I went went to the store and they actually let me pick up my order!!! I got the 3DS XL bundle, a physical copy of the game and Super Mario 3D world for Wii U. Been playing the Zelda game for the past few hours and it's amazing!!!
Can you confirm the included copy of Zelda is a code that requires you to download the game?

Geez, BB's web site shows none of the stores around me have the bundle available for in-store pickup... what gives? 

Weird, like 9/10 stores in my area have it available for pickup.

Part of me hopes it sells out fast, otherwise I'm not gonna be able to resist getting it next week =/

Thank you. Nintendo makes zero sense. The Animal Crossing bundle had the game preinstalled. The Pokemon XL wasn't a bundle. And now the Zelda XL has a code that requires redemption.

What gives?
Nintendo has never made sense. They are sitting on so many possible money fountains and never make use of them

Oh sweet... a switch must have just flipped on the BB site because a bunch of stores around me now have the bundle available for pickup. I might wait a few more hours to see if Walmart's site lowers to sale price.

bread's done
Back