Zelda 3DS XL Limited Edition Set Pre-Order Available At BestBuy.com

ChunLiBarbie

CAGiversary!
They listed it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D/

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-3ds-xl-gold-black-with-the-legend-of-zelda-a-link-between-worlds/2287137.p?id=1219071509031&skuId=2287137

http://www.zelda.com/link-between-worlds/

If you have an American Express card and a facebook or twitter account, you can get $25 off by spending $250 or more at Best Buy. Might help some in justifying the purchase of this bundle.

LINK
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
About the Oracle Of Ages they had listed on their site as a Bonus for this bundle:

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Gaming-Support/Question-about-Zelda-3DS-XL-Pre-Order-Bonus/m-p/728597/highlight/true#M21945

The Oracle of Ages pre-order bonus is actually only available for pre-orders of just the physical copy of The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds. The hardware bundle that includes the game and a 3DS XL unfortunately does not qualify. I apologize for any inconvenience that this causes.
Well, now they have also removed the wording and the picture from the page I originally linked. However, that info still remains on the main video game page. Image for proof in case it gets removed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Best Buys price match policy was changed a while back. It has been you must price match other stores the day of you buying the item but if it is you price matching Bestbuy.com they can do it within 15 days. The issue with this policy is you could return the item then PM it.

kingdom hearts remix LE debacle. They gave me a $25 gc.
what mod sent you $25? I only got $10 from the guy that posted in the thread. and thing is he claims my store was sent one for me after he called them but that they never called me!

so many people don't seem to know that Best Buy revised their PM policy before the summer. must be the same types that flood the BB forums whenever points don't show up right away.

for those that have been contacting Matt or another mod regarding the Ages download code, is there anyone that did not preorder the bundle and got it?

So going through the Walmart website, where do I find the ad that has Zelda bundle for 199?   I scanned back a few pages and couldn't find anything

EDIT

NM found it!

what mod sent you $25? I only got $10 from the guy that posted in the thread. and thing is he claims my store was sent one for me after he called them but that they never called me!

so many people don't seem to know that Best Buy revised their PM policy before the summer. must be the same types that flood the BB forums whenever points don't show up right away.

for those that have been contacting Matt or another mod regarding the Ages download code, is there anyone that did not preorder the bundle and got it?
originally all they offered me was a $10 discount on the standard version. I kept calling and asking to speak to a manager. They first told me to contact the manufacturer, but that didn't work. Then I was sent by square enix to digital river which is a turd paradise. So I called back and did the rounds again with the brain dead customer service reps at BB until I got a supervisor who sent me a $25 GC. :/ then I just cancelled the order because I can get the game anytime and the price will plunge eventually. It was one of the greatest challenges of my life. Took hours. Most of the time I had to explain the concept of a preorder and exclusive bonus art book to them repeatedly.

Anyone have something to trade for an oracle of seasons code? I already have both oracles. Pm me if you do :D. On a side note, this is easily the best looking XL model. Period.

I had pre ordered mine for in-store pickup, but just fyi there was no shortage of these at Best Buy in El Segundo, CA (Sepulveda & Rosecrans)

a27fa8e053cb11e39e6c1222881ec91d_8.jpg

^ I tried telling people this isn't going to be hard to find initially. My small volume BB had 12 out last week (they were mistaking put on the floor) and apparently that wasn't their entire allotment.

It's a given that they will sell through them all especially with the good reviews the game is getting but they won't disappear overnight

Well, fwiw, when I picked up my Zelda 3ds, there were three other people in line doing the same thing.  Was there a CAG at the Minnetonka BB at 5:30 today picking this up?  I'm not sure how long these things will stick around, if it's anything like the last Zelda bundle it'll be gone from most areas in a month or two.

Well, fwiw, when I picked up my Zelda 3ds, there were three other people in line doing the same thing. Was there a CAG at the Minnetonka BB at 5:30 today picking this up? I'm not sure how long these things will stick around, if it's anything like the last Zelda bundle it'll be gone from most areas in a month or two.
I'm just glad there are a lot out there so that everyone who wants one can get there hands on 'em, rather than be a whole Pikachu situation (I was getting one for a nephew at my local Target, and they only had 6 or so boxes the morning of its release).

did most people get their Oracles code already thru mail? i preordered mine with Best buy online before it was announced about the preorder bonus. I picked up my Zelda 3DS XL Bundle earlier today but haven't recieved the code yet... =/

did most people get their Oracles code already thru mail? i preordered mine with Best buy online before it was announced about the preorder bonus. I picked up my Zelda 3DS XL Bundle earlier today but haven't recieved the code yet... =/
same thing, preordered before they announced the bonus.. didn't get anything

don't buy a case/screen cover unless you're a child or around children

adults can just use the product and keep it safe :D

I preordered just the game itself and they gave me the actual system.  It seems the pre-order sticker attached to the box doesn't indicate which Zelda to give out.  I got home with it and fought with my conscious for a while but in the end I took it back to get what I ordered.  I waited about 20 minutes in line to do this and with each passing minute I was wondering if they would have ever noticed their mistake and I should just leave with my cool new system.  For some reason, they did a return/rebuy on my receipt and in the process I mistakenly got another DL code, not that I have any use for second code, but whatever.  Still feel a bit down and screwed over for doing the right thing, but I guess it's better than feeling like I stole something, right?

Yeah, it's worse when the employees don't know the policy. I was told (but knew otherwise) that I could do a post-purchase PM to a competitor by calling after pick-up of my online order. :roll: And how the fuck are some people getting their online order for pick-up PMed at time of pick-up and others NOT? Are the orders being returned for GC and rebought with GC without their knowledge?

[customspoiler="My Story"]After catching up on this thread, I headed out knowing full well the fails and successes. Obviously I failed PMing in-store pick-up, so I tried the post-purchase PM since some in here were having success. I got the "It's a limited time ad around Black Friday deals sale extravaganza" bullshit. And he knew about WM's offer without me having to mention it. Wonder how many people he turned down. He wanted my email address so that he could make a note indicating that he denied me this deal. I told him I didn't have one, thank you, and hung up. :cool: He still could have gotten it by other means, but I wasn't gonna help him. I wonder how many emails he got. Anyway, called back, got another rep, whom I had trouble getting to navigate to the correct ad, but finally found it by searching for it in the Weekly Ad search box (works, don't know why). Now I'm in the scenario where I used a PI card to pay off the $5.xx after using RZ certs to bring it down to such, she said she would credit the PI card, which she assumed was a GC. Knowing that the PI cards are done for, I don't think she was able to add funds back to it. :bomb: fuck!!! I gotta call back tomorrow. [/customspoiler]

TIP: If you are having trouble navigating the CS rep to the ad, have them click on Weekly Ad, and THEN search for the item. I don't know why it works, but it does.

I preordered just the game itself and they gave me the actual system. It seems the pre-order sticker attached to the box doesn't indicate which Zelda to give out. I got home with it and fought with my conscious for a while but in the end I took it back to get what I ordered. I waited about 20 minutes in line to do this and with each passing minute I was wondering if they would have ever noticed their mistake and I should just leave with my cool new system. For some reason, they did a return/rebuy on my receipt and in the process I mistakenly got another DL code, not that I have any use for second code, but whatever. Still feel a bit down and screwed over for doing the right thing, but I guess it's better than feeling like I stole something, right?
You feel down and screwed over for doing the right thing? Even though you got another code for the game that you can sell? What a douche.

I preordered just the game itself and they gave me the actual system. It seems the pre-order sticker attached to the box doesn't indicate which Zelda to give out. I got home with it and fought with my conscious for a while but in the end I took it back to get what I ordered. I waited about 20 minutes in line to do this and with each passing minute I was wondering if they would have ever noticed their mistake and I should just leave with my cool new system. For some reason, they did a return/rebuy on my receipt and in the process I mistakenly got another DL code, not that I have any use for second code, but whatever. Still feel a bit down and screwed over for doing the right thing, but I guess it's better than feeling like I stole something, right?
Damn tempting is right, but screw it. You did the right thing and karama will pay you back for it. Propz to you.

I initially went to Walmart to pick up the system, but after a 30 minute wait they told me they didn't have any. One of the workers said they might still be in a shipment in the back, and gave the look of "and I ain't #^&*ing looking" as he walked off. Soooo I went to Best Buy and they price matched it without a problem.

Wow. Reading some of these stories... I got so lucky!  Took 5 mins like I said to get price matched over the phone.  Sorry you guys are having issues, but it can be done.

>>>Also, I had to go to walmart and I checked on the system there too.  Was told by clerk it was sold out but another store in area had only six left.  So figuring that BB ordered a bunch more then walmart locally.

Damn tempting is right, but screw it. You did the right thing and karama will pay you back for it. Propz to you.
What if this was his good karma coming back from something else he did???

I matched walmarts price fairly simple, just showed the guy the ad and he did it right away. I picked up a physical copy as well so I could get the oracles code. Now I need to sell the code along with my old Zelda 3DS.

I think I may be the luckiest of all.

I went in, did the price match.  Showed the ad no problem.  Well the girl seemed a little confused and couldn't find my 3DS XL either.  So she grabbed a random one and put in the pricematch.

Well she missed a digit.  She charged me $20.  

Product Total: $20.03
Shipping: $0.00
Sales Tax:$0.94
Order Total:
$20.97

I sold my Zelda code to a friend for $30 and bought the physical at GS so I got the Ages code too.  There was no seasons code on my receipt, but who am I to complain?  If my bank statement reflects my receipt and the website I'll be super happy.

Anyone order this from Newegg? I forgot i had a preorder with them and it hasn't done anything yet....

Edit: It's sitting in "pending pre-order" phase

I went in, did the price match. Showed the ad no problem. Well the girl seemed a little confused and couldn't find my 3DS XL either. So she grabbed a random one and put in the pricematch.

Well she missed a digit. She charged me $20.

Order Total:
$20.97

I sold my Zelda code to a friend for $30 and bought the physical at GS so I got the Ages code too. There was no seasons code on my receipt, but who am I to complain? If my bank statement reflects my receipt and the website I'll be super happy.
You have now replaced another CAG for CAGhole of the Year! Congratulations!

I went in, did the price match. Showed the ad no problem. Well the girl seemed a little confused and couldn't find my 3DS XL either. So she grabbed a random one and put in the pricematch.

Order Total:

$20.97

I sold my Zelda code to a friend for $30 and bought the physical at GS so I got the Ages code too. There was no seasons code on my receipt, but who am I to complain? If my bank statement reflects my receipt and the website I'll be super happy.
Congrats. A similar thing happened to me yesterday when I picked up my pre order Zelda bundle. I went in at about 2:00 pm to pick up mario 3d world, I was debating whether I wanted to keep the xl or not because I have a perfectly good working blue xl. So as I was walking out I decided to just get it from the instore pick up line, I pulled out the walmart ad and asked if he could price match, he said all he could do was refund and rebuy, i said that's fine. He fiddled with the computer for about a minute and said " actually I don't need to do the return i was able to credit the $20 back to your account", great i said.
When I got home i checked my email and saw that bestbuy gave me a partial refund of $217.49. Now the total before was $239.24, so I only got charged $21.75, so he obviously got his numbers reversed. So either he messed up or was looking out for a fellow Nintendo fan, because when I told him I was there to pick up the Zelda bundle he said " Yes, Awesome!". So yeah, I'm gonna chalk it up to a fellow Nintendo fan paying it forward.

Can anyone post a pic of the receipt with the Oracle of Ages code part and item on it (obviously without the code itself). Either for the bundle or for the game. I preordered both for in store pickup (system and physical game) and got nothing.

Order Total:
$20.97

You're jinxed yourself in life. WHEN it comes back to you, you'll know why. Put it on a pedestal and NEVER forget. That'll probably come out of that girl's Christmas paycheck meaning less gifts for her children and/or parents.

Order Total:
$20.97

Wow. You didn't say anything? That's really messed up.

Actually, she looked at the receipt and said "Guess it rang up as $20, oh well" smiled and handed it over. I said, "You sure?" I figured it was just something weird due to the pricematch. That and I thought I paid online with paypal. When I got home, I checked the site and my order was readjusted to what was on the receipt.

Being blessed? Right, so next time you're house gets broken into just tell yourself how "blessed" those robbers must be.

That's a hilarious version of morality. Someone makes a mistake at a job and is punished. Not sure why someone working at a Best Buy would get a break. That said, you guys are right in that I should call and have it fixed - and I will. I'll call and adjust now.

Also the circle pad pro is awesome for the few games it works with, and it works as a decent case.

You're jinxed yourself in life. WHEN it comes back to you, you'll know why. Put it on a pedestal and NEVER forget. That'll probably come out of that girl's Christmas paycheck meaning less gifts for her children and/or parents.
no it won't lmao. fuck that noise.

congrats on your cheap system brother.

Actually, she looked at the receipt and said "Guess it rang up as $20, oh well" smiled and handed it over. I said, "You sure?" I figured it was just something weird due to the pricematch. That and I thought I paid online with paypal. When I got home, I checked the site and my order was readjusted to what was on the receipt.

That's a hilarious version of morality. Someone makes a mistake at a job and is punished. Not sure why someone working at a Best Buy would get a break. That said, you guys are right in that I should call and have it fixed - and I will. I'll call and adjust now.

Also the circle pad pro is awesome for the few games it works with, and it works as a decent case.
circle pad pro is for kh3 mh3 and icarus?? what else

If that's true I sure as shit would not be calling to get it fixed.

Circle Pad Pro Games

Monster Hunter Tri G [11]
Ace Combat: Assault Horizon Legacy (Japanese version only)
Resident Evil: Revelations
Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D
Kid Icarus: Uprising
Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance
Dynasty Warriors VS
Nano Assault EX
Samurai Warriors Chronicles 2nd

I have a weakness for twin stick shooters, so Nano Assault was a huge reason I got the circle pad.  I pretty much want a vita for Super Stardust and a PS4 for Resogun, but those can wait!

Just out of curiosity, for all the recent "karma" posts in here ... how exactly do we differentiate between something being bad karma and something being a result of good karma?

For instance, couldn't the pricing errors be a result of accumulated good karma ... akin to the "error in your favor" monopoly card ...

And when bad things happen to people, we should just accept that they ultimately deserved it "because it was karma" ...

I mean, that's the logic some of you folks are playing with in here, right?

Your story is almost identical to mine from last night, except we got it sorted out before I left.

There's something about their PM system & online orders that makes it do the opposite.

The girl that helped me couldn't find my system. She eventually goes back the the gaming section and grabs a unit. Inputs the online order number, inputs PM adjustment to lower the price by 20.03 and when it totals out it only charged the $20.03

Told her I don't mind paying that much for it, but I think something went wrong :lol:

I think in the end, they pretty much killed my online order and just rang it up as an in-store purchase for the 199+tax.

Fine by me since I was using AMEX to trigger that $25 credit for shopping at BB

Never said anything about good/bad karma. Just him/her being a CAGhole. The system price "mistake" is pretty bad, but the selling of digital code to their "friend" for $30 was what really made them take home the award.

Never said anything about good/bad karma. Just him/her being a CAGhole. The system price "mistake" is pretty bad, but the selling of digital code to their "friend" for $30 was what really made them take home the award.
yeah you're right about the "friend" part.

I don't know anything about karma, but integrity doesn't have a fuzzy line.  You either have it or don't; but hey, I come from a different world (Marines) so I may be a little harsh in judgement.  Ignore me. 

Question though, has anyone ever used "Ghost Armor" on a DS?  I was considering it for this to protect it, but not too familiar with it. 

bread's done
Back