Zelda 3DS XL Limited Edition Set Pre-Order Available At BestBuy.com

ChunLiBarbie

CAGiversary!
They listed it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D/

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-3ds-xl-gold-black-with-the-legend-of-zelda-a-link-between-worlds/2287137.p?id=1219071509031&skuId=2287137

http://www.zelda.com/link-between-worlds/

If you have an American Express card and a facebook or twitter account, you can get $25 off by spending $250 or more at Best Buy. Might help some in justifying the purchase of this bundle.

LINK
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
About the Oracle Of Ages they had listed on their site as a Bonus for this bundle:

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Gaming-Support/Question-about-Zelda-3DS-XL-Pre-Order-Bonus/m-p/728597/highlight/true#M21945

The Oracle of Ages pre-order bonus is actually only available for pre-orders of just the physical copy of The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds. The hardware bundle that includes the game and a 3DS XL unfortunately does not qualify. I apologize for any inconvenience that this causes.
Well, now they have also removed the wording and the picture from the page I originally linked. However, that info still remains on the main video game page. Image for proof in case it gets removed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Eh, a clear mistake like that I would call out. I would want someone to do it for me if i was on the other side of the register. I guess i just call that being a decent person.

I don't know anything about karma, but integrity doesn't have a fuzzy line. You either have it or don't; but hey, I come from a different world (Marines) so I may be a little harsh in judgement. Ignore me.

Question though, has anyone ever used "Ghost Armor" on a DS? I was considering it for this to protect it, but not too familiar with it.
Never used that, but I do have experience with Skinomi's stuff, it's a wet application that works pretty well as long as you don't use too much water. I have it on 5 different devices, all of them look good with it.

Well, I got to pay full retail for mine since the "price match" system was down for at least a few hours they said. They said I was welcome to comeback and they'd do it - or they told me I could drive to the nearest store (45 mins away) and they could price match it for me. Yeesh. Oh well, just happy I got it.

^ I tried telling people this isn't going to be hard to find initially. My small volume BB had 12 out last week (they were mistaking put on the floor) and apparently that wasn't their entire allotment.

It's a given that they will sell through them all especially with the good reviews the game is getting but they won't disappear overnight
I don't think any of us are too worry about it disappearing anytime soon but there doesn't seem to be any deals on it in the coming week. So by the time there is a deal, it may be hard to find.

Well, I got shot down with a price match at BBY. I stopped by today to pick one up, with the ad in hand. I got up to cashier, pulled out the ad, and requested a price match. For whatever reason, he pulled it up on walmarts site, even with the ad right in front of him. Then he got all confused because it was $219.96 on the site. He calls for a manager and when he shows up, they're just sitting there trying to figure it out. Is it legit? Is it part of walmart's pre-BF sale? I was probably there for like 10-15min.. The manager does some crap on the register/computer and then say "Yeah, I'm not going to be able to price match this, because it's below our cost." Wow. I was there last night picking up an X1 controller and I guy ahead of me had a Zelda XL and had no problem getting a price match. I come in today to get one and get shot down. I just don't get it. I mentioned this to the manager and he had nothing to say, other than sorry. So I grabbed my ad and left empty handed. After that, I just decided to try to hunt one down somewhere else. I stopped at a Target on my way to a Walmart and they had a few left, so I grabbed one and had no problem whatsoever getting a price match. For some reason, I ALWAYS have a problem getting BBY to price match anything.

You're jinxed yourself in life. WHEN it comes back to you, you'll know why. Put it on a pedestal and NEVER forget. That'll probably come out of that girl's Christmas paycheck meaning less gifts for her children and/or parents.
i doubt bestbuy will take it out of her paycheck. Fire her maybe, but not take money from her

Well, I got shot down with a price match at BBY. I stopped by today to pick one up, with the ad in hand. I got up to cashier, pulled out the ad, and requested a price match. For whatever reason, he pulled it up on walmarts site, even with the ad right in front of him. Then he got all confused because it was $219.96 on the site. He calls for a manager and when he shows up, they're just sitting there trying to figure it out. Is it legit? Is it part of walmart's pre-BF sale? I was probably there for like 10-15min.. The manager does some crap on the register/computer and then say "Yeah, I'm not going to be able to price match this, because it's below our cost." Wow. I was there last night picking up an X1 controller and I guy ahead of me had a Zelda XL and had no problem getting a price match. I come in today to get one and get shot down. I just don't get it. I mentioned this to the manager and he had nothing to say, other than sorry. So I grabbed my ad and left empty handed. After that, I just decided to try to hunt one down somewhere else. I stopped at a Target on my way to a Walmart and they had a few left, so I grabbed one and had no problem whatsoever getting a price match. For some reason, I ALWAYS have a problem getting BBY to price match anything.
Honestly, it depends on the person working the register.

Mines just looked at the price and who the competitor was. The price difference was very little so it didn't require a manager override. You just happen to get a crappy rep who takes their job too serious. Tough break.

Well, I got to pay full retail for mine since the "price match" system was down for at least a few hours they said. They said I was welcome to comeback and they'd do it - or they told me I could drive to the nearest store (45 mins away) and they could price match it for me. Yeesh. Oh well, just happy I got it.
their "price match" system was down? wtf does that mean.. it's not like it's a separate system than their checkout system.

Never said anything about good/bad karma. Just him/her being a CAGhole. The system price "mistake" is pretty bad, but the selling of digital code to their "friend" for $30 was what really made them take home the award.
We had that prearranged for a few weeks now. He saves $10 on the digital game and I bought the physical game. He PayPal'd me the money two weeks ago.

It's not as though the receipt just came out as $20 and I ran away. I handed her my card, she charged it, and I was confused by the $20 it said on the receipt and she said "It just rang up like that, whatever" so I said "uh ok" and walked off after getting my card and ID back.

qJYpLgv.jpg

HORI Nintendo 3DS XL Retro Mario Duraflexi Protector if anyone is thinking about buying a case without it being too bulky. The HORI brand cases only come in three colors as opposed to its overseas Japanese brand, which comes with more colors and a clear case with no design. This was as close to a clear, silicone case I could get. And it's got a nice grip to it when you hold your 3ds! 

I got mine priced matched at target no problem but the process needs a little more improvement. Here's how it went down.

Cashier: hi did you find what you needed?
Me: I need to pricematch something.
Cashier: oOooh ok. Hmmm...Um you have to do that at customer service.

At this point I feel like I'm inconveniencing them. But I'm still sticking to my guns.

Then you get paraded from electronics all the way to customer service and guess what, they need someone with higher authority to approve this transaction but there is nobody with that status around within a 2 minute radius.

Cashier: do you have the ad?
Me: yes it's right here. $199.96

The manager proceeds to search for flaws like I'm on an episode of pawnstars just so they can deny me the price. By this time there's like 5 people behind me and I feel like a douche just for trying to save $20 extra bucks. I don't break composure though. I just stand there in this awkward silence until finally the manager confirms everything and they feel its legit and they give me the price.

They ring me up and I Use a $10 giftcard I also use my target redcard to get that sweet 5% off savings stacked onto it and lastly I use my own target bag to get .05 cents off and my grand total is $195 and change. I'm sure the process sucks for those whose target or bestbuy actually calls the stores to confirm they still have them in stock. Overall the people at customer service were polite and nobody came off as rude. As long as you have the ad you should be good.

I just feel the pricematching process has to be a bit more streamlined. A couple of times at bestbuy trying to pricematch something they did it at the registers quickly and easily. For some reason now there's more red tape causing us to wait a bit longer than expected sometimes walking away empty handed. I got mine though. Good luck to those who are price matching!

Anyone sell the download code over craigslist using paypal?

im too scared to do it lol. ive never sold online

I just feel the pricematching process has to be a bit more streamlined. A couple of times at bestbuy trying to pricematch something they did it at the registers quickly and easily. For some reason now there's more red tape causing us to wait a bit longer than expected sometimes walking away empty handed. I got mine though. Good luck to those who are price matching!
They can pricematch at the register at bestbuy but the manager has to override it. That's why you have to take it to customer service for target because there usually isn't a manager around.

That's better than when i tried to price match ryse xbox 360 day one edition at target to amazon. The customer service lady was like 75 and had to get an ipad out to look at the price. Then she didn't know how to use the internet. She kept typing in amazon.com but it kept saying page not found. Then the wifi was turned on for her by another worker. She thought the google bar was the amazon search bar so she started typing really slowly "ryse son of rome" into google. Then she was so confused by the results that came up she didn't understand which one was the price. I tried doing it for her but she wouldn't let me touch it. She kept asking her coworker where the price was on google. Then when she finally got to amazon she couldn't find the price because it said "click to see price". That process took at least 20 minutes, it was not worth me saving $10

I would be very hesitant doing it on Craigslist - never know who is trying to scam there. eBay is a pain too with their fees and rules on digital codes. Why not try here (other than this is cheap ass gamer and you might not get the greatest offers for it...)? At least here you can look at peoples feedback and how long they've been part of this community. Someone might be willing to trade as well...

Anyone have any Arkham origins codes to trade for an oracle of seasons code? I had both oracles already before they even announced the bonus.

qJYpLgv.jpg

HORI Nintendo 3DS XL Retro Mario Duraflexi Protector if anyone is thinking about buying a case without it being too bulky. The HORI brand cases only come in three colors as opposed to its overseas Japanese brand, which comes with more colors and a clear case with no design. This was as close to a clear, silicone case I could get. And it's got a nice grip to it when you hold your 3ds!
Looks tacky to me, and I'm more of a Mario guy too. Mario on a Zelda XL? Nerd overload.

Wow. You didn't say anything? That's really messed up.
Yeah, I agree, they were about to sell me the zelda 3ds for 33 dollars and I told them they grabbed the wrong thing (the system). I had ordered the console but canceled two days prior and instead PM at target and bought just the game from best buy. They then accidentally canceled my zelda game order and had to reorder if, which wouldn't have been so bad if I didn't have to wait a few days to get my money back on my card for the canceled order. I get that we're cheap here and I doubt best buy is gonna hurt for the 200 dollars but still, it isn't something I would have done.

qJYpLgv.jpg

HORI Nintendo 3DS XL Retro Mario Duraflexi Protector if anyone is thinking about buying a case without it being too bulky. The HORI brand cases only come in three colors as opposed to its overseas Japanese brand, which comes with more colors and a clear case with no design. This was as close to a clear, silicone case I could get. And it's got a nice grip to it when you hold your 3ds!
I'm actually thinking about getting this case but was wondering if I could use alcohol wipes to remove all the Mario crap :D

By looking online, I meant they can look up the weekly ad that is the same as the print ad. Some will call to verify stock, others won't even bother. It really will vary by employee/manager/store...

I'm actually thinking about getting this case but was wondering if I could use alcohol wipes to remove all the Mario crap :D
Yeah, I'm also not a fan of the Mario decal. :???: I previously used this case for my blue 3ds xl before I bought the Zelda edition and figured I should just reuse the cover again. There are the Japanese clear ones, but they are a bit pricey.

Bring an ad just in case. The guy who PM'd it for me looked online and it was showing as 219.96 so he was doubting the price match but since I had the physical ad that said Nov. 22 he happily PM'd it for me.

Yeah, I'm also not a fan of the Mario decal. :???: I previously used this case for my blue 3ds xl before I bought the Zelda edition and figured I should just reuse the cover again. There are the Japanese clear ones, but they are a bit pricey.
Yea its only $5 more from the cheapest seller on Amazon. Only issue with that case is that it says 3DS LL instead of XL.

You should try the alcohol wipes on one of the coins and let me know :p

no it won't lmao. fuck that noise.

congrats on your cheap system brother.
Ya'll are going to h-e-double-hockeysticks in a hand basket!

Actually, she looked at the receipt and said "Guess it rang up as $20, oh well" smiled and handed it over. I said, "You sure?" I figured it was just something weird due to the pricematch. That and I thought I paid online with paypal. When I got home, I checked the site and my order was readjusted to what was on the receipt.
Mm..hmm..

qJYpLgv.jpg

That's hot. Didn't imagine a flexible clear case.

I got mine priced matched at target no problem but the process needs a little more improvement. Here's how it went down.

Cashier: hi did you find what you needed?
Me: I need to pricematch something.
Cashier: oOooh ok. Hmmm...Um you have to do that at customer service.

At this point I feel like I'm inconveniencing them. But I'm still sticking to my guns.

Then you get paraded from electronics all the way to customer service and guess what, they need someone with higher authority to approve this transaction but there is nobody with that status around within a 2 minute radius.

Cashier: do you have the ad?
Me: yes it's right here. $199.96

The manager proceeds to search for flaws like I'm on an episode of pawnstars just so they can deny me the price. By this time there's like 5 people behind me and I feel like a douche just for trying to save $20 extra bucks. I don't break composure though. I just stand there in this awkward silence until finally the manager confirms everything and they feel its legit and they give me the price.

They ring me up and I Use a $10 giftcard I also use my target redcard to get that sweet 5% off savings stacked onto it and lastly I use my own target bag to get .05 cents off and my grand total is $195 and change. I'm sure the process sucks for those whose target or bestbuy actually calls the stores to confirm they still have them in stock. Overall the people at customer service were polite and nobody came off as rude. As long as you have the ad you should be good.

That's a typical Target PM.

For those who missed out on pricematching Walmart, there are still good deals to be found on Zelda 3DS XL systems, for example:

jQuPimF.jpg

Well, the deal is probably dead to pricematch at this point.. almost. Some Walmarts had ads, but the one I went to didn't "seem" to. I asked and I only got some store one.

Don't ever fuck ing mention the word bundle for something like this. "Oh, we don't match bundles." ... :bomb:

Also, I was wrong... kinda... Important for the BB holiday purchases:

Is Best Buy currently running any Low Price Guarantee promotions?

Yes. Best Buy is running a Holiday Low Price Guarantee promotion. If you purchase an item from Best Buy on or after Nov 3, 2013 and then you find a lower price at Best Buy, a local retail competitor store, or on a product shipped from and sold by a major designated online retailer, we will match the price. The Holiday Low Price Guarantee promotion is in effect from 11/03/2013 to 11/27/2013 and from 12/3/2013 to 12/24/2013. All other Low Price Guarantee terms still apply.

Your story is almost identical to mine from last night, except we got it sorted out before I left.

There's something about their PM system & online orders that makes it do the opposite.

The girl that helped me couldn't find my system. She eventually goes back the the gaming section and grabs a unit. Inputs the online order number, inputs PM adjustment to lower the price by 20.03 and when it totals out it only charged the $20.03

Told her I don't mind paying that much for it, but I think something went wrong :lol:

I think in the end, they pretty much killed my online order and just rang it up as an in-store purchase for the 199+tax.

Fine by me since I was using AMEX to trigger that $25 credit for shopping at BB
i had a similar experience too. The clerk helping me initially tried to adjust the online order price, but the total came out to $20 + tax. He noticed right away that something went fubar, did a return on the online order and then rang up the 3DS XL bundle as in-store transaction. I was thinking it was just an isolated incident, but yeah something funky w/ Best Buy's system. So I'll end up with like 3 transactions on my credit card. :p

Yeah I know i'm bumping a mostly dead thread, but thought it would be good idea to remind people to be check their credit cards if they pricematched. If you had an online order for in-store pickup and got into a return / rebuy situation, there will be a bunch of transactions on your CC . My CC ended up getting 4 different transactions, but the net sum was still correct ($200 + tax). Here's what hit my CC (some minor details removed).

Code:
BEST BUY  CA   $ 217.96 
BESTBUY.COM 888-BESTBUY MN  $ 239.79 
BEST BUY  CA   $ -21.83 
BESTBUY.COM 888-BESTBUY MN  $ -217.96

I succumbed to the awesomeness of the Zelda 3DS mostly to play Zelda and a few other key titles.

Went with TRU who currently gives a free $19.99 or less game with purchase of any system since this price-matching tomfoolery isn't worth the hassle.

The employee was really nice and agreed to let me to buy a $39.99 game (Super Mario 3D Land) and pay the difference (taking $20 off).

Went to bestbuy and even though online it says in stock they said I could only get it if I used the pick up option. 

Would make sense knowing Newegg. Every other Friday release has shipped either Thursday or Friday morning.

I'll wait until Monday before calling.
I went ahead and canceled my preorder from Newegg, since I already have a blue 3DS XL and didn't feel like dropping the money on a new one just for the Zelda theme. Still curious about if you ever get yours. Hopefully if they don't come through, they'll give you some kind of credit.

So is this system actually limited edition and hard to find - or is it mostly just a thread to find it below MSRP?

May pick it up in a few weeks if it's readily available. This Black Friday nonsense right now is too much to mess with. I still have PTSD from working retail so long ...

It is easy to find now until maybe the end of the Holidays. But there is no way to tell for sure and most don't want to risk missing out on it.
I don't care that much to be honest, it's a neat color, but part of me would just rather own the Zelda games retail wise. If it's available before Christmas I will probably get it. If not - I'll just get another color/model. It's mostly I'm just bored and depressed outside of work, it would give me something to do while it's 20 degrees out and catch up on some games.

It is easy to find now until maybe the end of the Holidays. But there is no way to tell for sure and most don't want to risk missing out on it.
All the Best Buys and most of the GS's here still have it, plus all the other various stores. I plan to buy it Wednesday, was trying to blaze through some old games to soften the blow with some credit

If anything it'll likely be like the X/Y models. Available for a few weeks, then gone out of nowhere

Received my Zelda 3DS XL Bundle today.  I can confirm that it did NOT come with LoZ: Oracle of Ages like it was promised when best buy announced it : ( (I know they changed there minds later, but still very disappointed they didn't add it in)

I've given it a great thought to update my system but I can't, the color scheme doesn't do anything for me, beside I still have an unopened Pikachu 3DS XL.

I don't know anything about karma, but integrity doesn't have a fuzzy line. You either have it or don't; but hey, I come from a different world (Marines) so I may be a little harsh in judgement. Ignore me.

Question though, has anyone ever used "Ghost Armor" on a DS? I was considering it for this to protect it, but not too familiar with it.
I've had several instances where I've had similar situations where they've done things wrong in my favor but pointed out the mistake. I've kicked myself in the ass a few times because the difference in price was a lot but in the end I felt like I made the right choice. I've also had times where I've pointed out the mistake and they go along acting like they know what they're doing and don't want to be told otherwise, karma?

All the Best Buys and most of the GS's here still have it, plus all the other various stores. I plan to buy it Wednesday, was trying to blaze through some old games to soften the blow with some credit

If anything it'll likely be like the X/Y models. Available for a few weeks, then gone out of nowhere
Target by me still has both models in a plentiful stock.

bread's done
Back