Zelda Breath of the Wild Special/Master Editions, Amiibo- Discussion

The Special Editions are still pretty cool guys. Put your order in at Best Buy before you regret not getting one.

It's only missing the sword statue, which won't be super high quality or anything.
This ^.

If your legitimately excited to own the statue you guys need to check out the treehouse stream with reggie.

The statue on hand had a bent master sword....if that's the quality they're prepared with for an unboxing stream i can only imagine what some poor souls may end up with come march.

Also a lack of branding in gold or etched into the base of the statue is a big miss.

No "Zelda" , "Breath of the wild", The Triforce, nothing marking what it supposed to be apart of.

They should have included a decent quality figure of the rider link or archer link amiibo instead of making both of them into amiibo, i would've instant purchased that last night on Amazon.

Anyone who missed out i suggest picking up the SE, its just as good (arguably with better box art as well) and knowing nintendo will most likely not get a restock.

So pick it up while you can and don't feel down if you miss out on the ME.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, I think I'm getting over my obsession with the Master edition.  Looking at this pic, and a couple others, it seems like the Master Sword is kind of bowing backward.  Like it's made of cheap plastic or something.  I've seen this happen in other rubbery plastic collectibles.  If this is a good, real representation of the final product, I'm good with my special edition. 

the_legend_of_zelda_breath_of_the_wild_master_edition_screencap_06_1280.jpg

Can anyone advise if this is the Zelda BotW Master Edition. Ordered around 12:30am when GS had yet to put up a picture of the game.  The game link is not clickable so i cannot reference back to the new page with box art display and whats funny is taxes was only $2.27.  In Cali, taxes should be much more.  

Anyone know and order this morning from GS too with this description on the order page.  The description on this page does not state "Master edition" 

EC5y4fC.jpg

Am I the only one excited for the COIN !?!?! Love me some collectible coins.
You're not alone! I really love the coin too lol. Want to display it next to my smash bros., and Nintendo world coins.
I really should just preorder the SE...but I'm such a CE whore I can't bring myself to not get that bent piece of shit sword. (No way am I paying scalper prices though. I'm a whore with standards).

Am I the only one excited for the COIN !?!?! Love me some collectible coins. :D/ :bouncy: :whee: :D/
Im probably most excited for the case, as crazy as that is.

It hits both practical use and aesthetics for me.

Was gonna need a case anyway to protect the system when not in use and aesthetically its the closest we're getting to BOTW branded system.

Ok, I think I'm getting over my obsession with the Master edition. Looking at this pic, and a couple others, it seems like the Master Sword is kind of bowing backward. Like it's made of cheap plastic or something. I've seen this happen in other rubbery plastic collectibles. If this is a good, real representation of the final product, I'm good with my special edition.
i said the same thing when i thought i missed it but then i preordered it and was happy as hell lol

For those who missed out they will likely restock at least once. I can't remember the last limited CE from Nintendo that didn't. Even the original Bravely Default did at least once, I ordered one of them on a restock. Fire Emblem did as well.

But the restocks usually go super fast, so if it pops up randomly for only 5 minutes, unless you refresh every retailer all day every day, just by odds alone the chances you catch the window are small.

If anyone is actually reporting these to eBay....... That's the level of petty that will make you the President of the United States!

If anyone is actually reporting these to eBay....... That's the level of petty that will make you the President of the United States!
The video game equivalent of the cool 16 year olds not allowing you to drink with them, so you report them to their parents for underage drinking.

Well, I was at work and still stalking BB and AMazon and still missed the master ed. :wall:
My job requires me outside all day, and phones aren't allowed unless it's an emergency. So it was a no go. Oh well. Got my Switch pre-order in, and a pre-order of the Special Edition of BOTW before heading off to work. I'll take it. If the Master version shows up again, and I catch it in time, it's mine.

Yeah I was interested but the sword looks like crap.  Really, I don't need a new system to play 1 game.  I'll just get a normal version on the wii-u like a smart person. (Saying the guy that is getting the $230 Ghost Recon Wildlands in March)

Ok, I think I'm getting over my obsession with the Master edition. Looking at this pic, and a couple others, it seems like the Master Sword is kind of bowing backward. Like it's made of cheap plastic or something. I've seen this happen in other rubbery plastic collectibles. If this is a good, real representation of the final product, I'm good with my special edition.

the_legend_of_zelda_breath_of_the_wild_master_edition_screencap_06_1280.jpg
Eh, I hadn't actually seen a picture of it till now. I still want the master edition I missed out on but maybe I didn't miss out on much.

I just really wanted a master sword stuck in a stone like that, it looked cool.

Yeah, if the sword comes bent you can probably just bend it until it's straight. It still looks pretty nice.
To be perfectly honest though, as I watched the stream earlier I kept waiting for him to take it out of the base and reveal that it was in fact a stylus. I would have liked that more (I really like unique stylus for some reason).

Eh, I hadn't actually seen a picture of it till now. I still want the master edition I missed out on but maybe I didn't miss out on much.

I just really wanted a master sword stuck in a stone like that, it looked cool.
The Master Sword stuck in the stone is such an iconic, beautiful image, going all the way back to Zelda 1 and A Link to the Past. I loved the idea of that on my shelf. But, I'll live if I don't get it.

Glad i preordered 1 of these. Had a feeling it came with the sword.
Yup, the video shows a great looking sword. People that didn't get it acting like all of them will come bent, lool

The Master Sword of Resurrection will no doubt play a huge part in the game, and it will be very nice to have a replica on your table to admire

Yup, the video shows a great looking sword. People that didn't get it acting like all of them will come bent, lool

The Master Sword of Resurrection will no doubt play a huge part in the game, and it will be very nice to have a replica on your table to admire
Not trying to bicker, but the image in that twitter vid from Nintendo EU and the sword on the table in front of Reggie on IGN didn't look the same quality. The real one on the table looked a bit droopy to me.

That being said, I'm still trying to score the Master Edition.

I just watched the 4 minute Zelda Switch trailer. Hoooooollllyyyy cow what a good looking game. So if I can find a neon switch in stock around launch or earlier, I'm sold.

Very happy the statue is terrible. Even if I were given the option right now I would stick with the Special Edition. 

The Master Sword stuck in the stone is such an iconic, beautiful image, going all the way back to Zelda 1 and A Link to the Past. I loved the idea of that on my shelf. But, I'll live if I don't get it.

Hoping it looks a little better in person but I ended up getting this off ebay. Figured Id give it a shot.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/182404820125?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I want to park it right next this on my shelf

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WOW-Lich-King-Arthas-Menethil-Frostmourne-Middle-Ages-sword-28cm-WITH-THE-LIGHT-/391366954685?hash=item5b1f49cebd:g:QKMAAOSwT4lWSSnL

I have my order of the Master Edition locked in. Stayed up all last night getting Switch stuff settled.

That being said I am honestly super bummed with the statue I saw in the video with Reggie. As a 3D Modeler myself and someone with hundreds upon hundreds of figures and statues littering my every shelf and desk space I must say this sword looks like somewhat of a dud. When I saw the initial images I was super stoked but seeing it in the video it was very lackluster.

I am not coming to poop on the Master Edition parade because for the price really I guess I shouldn't expect anything stunning by any means. I just wanted to post because it seems people are acting like those that are talking negatively on the look of the sword are just apparently bitter they didn't get in on the pre-order when in reality they are just people with eyes.

I have the Master Edition locked down and think the sword looks like a $10-20 toy because that is in fact what it is. Crazy that people are expecting otherwise.

It will remain in the box and the box will remain in a closet until I get more shelf space (not likely) or decide to sell.

Glad I got an order in though considering it's gonna be scalp city on these things. They might go down from $300 once hype dies a little but no chance in hell they'll ever dip under the initial investment like some CE.

bread's done
Back