Zelda Breath of the Wild Special/Master Editions, Amiibo- Discussion

Takes two to tango. If people get off on salty tears then they have a problem too, but that is the terrible internet culture we live in. :wall: I got a euro version so w/e.
I dont disagree, but we aint achieving world peace here. On another note, it looks like BB has sold out of the SE, so time to brace for the final round of "how stupid nintendo is, $$$ on ebay, I got 4 but don't even want them, I don't why I bought this(to resell) etc.."

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont disagree, but we aint achieving world peace here. On another note, it looks like BB has sold out of the SE, so time to brace for the final round of "how stupid nintendo is, $$$ on ebay, I got 4 but don't even want them, I don't why I bought this(to resell) etc.."
My body is ready

Those Majoras Mask CEs were just leftovers from Port Strikes delays that year. It's not like Nintendo decided to make more later.
Agreed - I cannot think of a single Nintendo LE that's been restocked in recent years.

Even if there were a record of doing so, Nintendo has stated that when stock of the Zelda ME is gone, it's gone.

I just checked - the Special Edition is now OOS on BestBuy.
That's horseshit.

Screw Nintendo. This thing was only available for a day and already sold out?!? I didn't get one, so they deserve to go out of business for this.

They should devalue their brand and make 100,000 of these so they sit on store shelves and go clearance. Then everyone could get it cheap. 'Merica

That's horseshit.

Screw Nintendo. This thing was only available for a day and already sold out?!? I didn't get one, so they deserve to go out of business for this.

They should devalue their brand and make 100,000 of these so they sit on store shelves and go clearance. Then everyone could get it cheap. 'Merica
More will get posted. Chill.

I want them to stop making consoles because quite frankly they suck at it. It has little to do with this CE, I am more offended that they have the nerve to delay the original version of the game just to release it on the Switch first because the launch line up sucks... but I shouldn't be surprised because they did the same exact thing with TP. The fact that there is no CE for the Wii U is just extra salted icing on the cake. Really poor business practice shitting on their fans but most of them are ok with it.
Twilight princess GameCube came out after wii, and it's also one of the best Zelda titles

So whats the deal with pre ordering the master at game stop in store?

I thought it was just a problem online but went today and dude said they were still taking pre orders. I saw the masters edition pop up on the key pad when I put 5 down but in the app is says I only have 55 left to pay off so it seems like the regular edition? No mention of master on the receipt either.  I went back in and he looked it up again and confirmed it was for the masters. He then signed the receipt and told me he would honor it in case there is a mistake or something. Was nice of him but if these are gonna be as hard to find as everyone thinks I doubt the store would be getting any outside of their pre ordered copies. 

So whats the deal with pre ordering the master at game stop in store?

I thought it was just a problem online but went today and dude said they were still taking pre orders. I saw the masters edition pop up on the key pad when I put 5 down but in the app is says I only have 55 left to pay off so it seems like the regular edition? No mention of master on the receipt either. I went back in and he looked it up again and confirmed it was for the masters. He then signed the receipt and told me he would honor it in case there is a mistake or something. Was nice of him but if these are gonna be as hard to find as everyone thinks I doubt the store would be getting any outside of their pre ordered copies.
In-store pre-orders for the Master Edition weren't supposed to be taken. It's online only: https://www.reddit.com/r/GameStop/comments/5nsjg8/zelda_botw_master_edition_sku_is_fake_in_all_gs/

https://twitter.com/GameStop/status/820026902694006784

It is! lol, I went to check out and you can't select the shipping option and ship to store is a no go. Damn, good thing I got my order in last night!
Yeah for BestBuy, you can no longer just look at the preorder button to see whether something is sold out, you actually have to look at where it says Shipping and Store pickup. It'll say not available for both of those if item is sold out. It's been like this since about 6 months ago. I think it's to deter people from doing Web alerts.

No way! You mean to say a GS employee that was certain he knew what he was doing actually had no idea what he was talking about??

Well that's fucking stupid, why would they not have specified "Online Only" on the Master Edition page like they do with other items? I had the opportunity to preorder the Master Edition on the GS website, but opted to wait and preorder it in store the next morning because I didn't want to pay tax or shipping. I'm not THAT disappointed that I missed out on a crappy Master Sword statue but it's still annoying that GS failed to convey that it was online only, and only clarified well after it was sold out.

Well that's fucking stupid, why would they not have specified "Online Only" on the Master Edition page like they do with other items? I had the opportunity to preorder the Master Edition on the GS website, but opted to wait and preorder it in store the next morning because I didn't want to pay tax or shipping. I'm not THAT disappointed that I missed out on a crappy Master Sword statue but it's still annoying that GS failed to convey that it was online only, and only clarified well after it was sold out.
Same thing happened to me with seeing it online but wanting to get it in store. I feel like I dodged a bullet though after I saw the quality of it on the Treehouse stream. I placed an order for the normal SE at BestBuy with the $10 email coupon+GCU instead. I really like the look of the Switch case that comes with it, I just wonder if it can also hold the Joycons.

Same thing happened to me with seeing it online but wanting to get it in store. I feel like I dodged a bullet though after I saw the quality of it on the Treehouse stream. I placed an order for the normal SE at BestBuy with the $10 email coupon+GCU instead. I really like the look of the Switch case that comes with it, I just wonder if it can also hold the Joycons.
Of course it can hold the Joy-Cons. Why would a travel case exclude those? That would be completely pointless and no one would buy it.

I'm more concerned with whether it holds the power cord.

I swear to god if this same freaking best buy employee puts that big stupid yellow hold tag on my master version... Last time I did a hold on an amiibo at best buy they ripped off the hold sticker on the box and actually tore the packaging. 

Also on a side note how can I casually fit this smiley into a conversation:  :fridge:

I swear to god if this same freaking best buy employee puts that big stupid yellow hold tag on my master version... Last time I did a hold on an amiibo at best buy they ripped off the hold sticker on the box and actually tore the packaging.
You can always ask them politely, after telling them what you're there for/showing them the order number, to please not remove the sticker. They're just trying to help, and in a timely manner.

My store started doing something new with pick ups this past spring: going into your bag and marking every item based on the receipt as you're leaving...This is how my Life is Strange LE got crushed inward, as the man grabbed it so fiercely to mark it. :/
Thankfully, he and several other employees now remember me very well (despite the fact I really only ever go there for Amiibos/Amiibo related boxsets) so I don't have this problem anymore. Make friends with your Best Buy employees, it's quite nice to literally walk up and have everything waiting for you because they know exactly who you are lol.

So did the Amazon Breath of the Wild amiibo actually go on sale, and then sell out?  Not worried at all that these will be available easy-peasy by a month or so after launch.  Just curious if the BotW hype is such that amiibo are even being bought up by scalpers again. :lol:

im so damn excited for the switch and zelda. sure i can play it on my wii u, but i live for new consoles. just a joyous time. and thank you nintendo for releasing the switch on literally the day my spring break starts. 9 days off to play, yay! :)

Also on a side note how can I casually fit this smiley into a conversation: :fridge:
Easy! Start talking about Breaking Bad. It's close enough to an ATM machine.

Also on a side note how can I casually fit this smiley into a conversation: :fridge:
I hope he doesn't do that, I hope he puts two! :pray:

This is the thing that sucks about special editions. Always a flimsy cardboard box that will get wear in time or get deformed without kid gloves level of care. (all the while standard is in hard durable plastic)  I ordered my special edition for store pickup at best buy because I new if I went with the free shipping option the box would be busted all to hell and BB would be like "Oh sowies, special edition stock sold out so no replacement, just suck it up or get a refund".  About the only time I see this behavior in B and M is when you get the last copy on the shelf and all four edges of the cardboard box is being strangled and dented in security wire.

They just don't understand.

So did the Amazon Breath of the Wild amiibo actually go on sale, and then sell out? Not worried at all that these will be available easy-peasy by a month or so after launch. Just curious if the BotW hype is such that amiibo are even being bought up by scalpers again. :lol:
I'm interested in knowing this too. I got a pre-order for them in at BB, but I would much rather get it shipped to me with the rest of the stuff form Amazon.

I'm interested in knowing this too. I got a pre-order for them in at BB, but I would much rather get it shipped to me with the rest of the stuff form Amazon.
I have been watching these like a hawk, and they were never actually available. Looks like a listing error. Guardian was up for a minute, but in a completely wrong category and was taken down.

im so damn excited for the switch and zelda. sure i can play it on my wii u, but i live for new consoles. just a joyous time. and thank you nintendo for releasing the switch on literally the day my spring break starts. 9 days off to play, yay! :)
I'm with you. My 4th child is due to be released from the womb on March 5th. I am taking a month off and plan to neglect the new child while I play zelda on the switch.

I'm not sure if it was a glitch on Best Buy's website but about an hour ago, I couldn't do a store pickup for the SE. Showed none available in my area.

I checked back later, and there were available for store pickup in the same area. Not sure if more came in between that time, or it was just a glitch earlier.

Regardless, got my SE store pickup order in :)

I'm not sure if it was a glitch on Best Buy's website but about an hour ago, I couldn't do a store pickup for the SE. Showed none available in my area.

I checked back later, and there were available for store pickup in the same area. Not sure if more came in between that time, or it was just a glitch earlier.

I wouldn't be surprised by this at all. There are bound to be some (read: not likely many) cancelled preorders that occur between now and release. If Best Buy's inventory is setup like most retailers, then a cancelled order gets added back as available inventory, thereby allowing another customer to make a purchase.

I'd guess their system is also tied to the location they plan to house the product. For example, a cancelled store pickup would get added to that store's available pickup inventory, whereas a cancelled shipment would get added to the available shipped option.

You got someone elses cancellation. Anytime someone cancels its added back up. It can take several minutes to show up. If your brazen enough, you can cancel your se (for the visa checkout promo)and refresh like crazy and hope nobody else gets it. This method wont work with the master edition since they marked it sold out.

My 4th child is due to be released from the womb on March 5th.
201602_1116_iiege_sm.jpg

Kids. They overwhelmingly steal silly stuff like video games and TCG.
If that's the case, they're idiots. Stealing from the Best Buy in a well secured area, and not from the one in a corner of a shopping area that's more of a ghost town. Either way, I'm grateful for whatever reason they protect boxes better.

bread's done
Back