Zelda Breath of the Wild Special/Master Editions, Amiibo- Discussion

I swear to god if this same freaking best buy employee puts that big stupid yellow hold tag on my master version... Last time I did a hold on an amiibo at best buy they ripped off the hold sticker on the box and actually tore the packaging.

Also on a side note how can I casually fit this smiley into a conversation: :fridge:
Not sure if your store has done these changes but I've noticed they made some changes at multiple Best Buys recently. Before, they would slap the humongous yellow sticker directly on the item. It sucked, but whatever. Then, they started to use a smaller red sticker instead. Still slap it on the box but progress?

Now I notice that they only peel off a corner of the sticker and stick it on the packaging. Makes it super easy to take off without destroying the box art. I feel a lot more comfortable with in store pick up now with BB.

Not sure if your store has done these changes but I've noticed they made some changes at multiple Best Buys recently. Before, they would slap the humongous yellow sticker directly on the item. It sucked, but whatever. Then, they started to use a smaller red sticker instead. Still slap it on the box but progress?

Now I notice that they only peel off a corner of the sticker and stick it on the packaging. Makes it super easy to take off without destroying the box art. I feel a lot more comfortable with in store pick up now with BB.
My store started doing the corner thing of the red tags, but now they put the whole thing on again. Also these BB stickers are cake compared to most. Use a hair dryer, heat the sticker up for 10 or so seconds, pull off slowly. It will be perfect every time.

As long as they can provide for their kids' needs, who cares how many kids someone else has? Somebody has to propagate the species, so as long as they're healthy, more power to 'em.
It doesn't look like anyone is having problems propagating the species, infact we're propagating a bit too much.

China may have been right for once :whistle2:

What clueless gamers actually paid this price for the the special edition. I hope they weren't expecting it to be the master edition.

Glad I put in a few pre-order on BBY yesterday morning for the special edition. If i can get this price for it come march, my brand new nintendo switch would be paid thx to BBY, GCU, eBay, and morons with money to burn.

savn5oL.png

Last edited by a moderator:
The same people that are having voters remorse for putting in Trump. Not to bash the guy nor the small majority of intellectual people who voted for either candidate, but the vast majority always believes in the snake oilsmen speech that any politician dangles from the end of a fishing hook. The same individuals will keep the scalpers market thriving and hungry for the next meal. 

Also that Switch pouch is gd beautiful and GCU is a steal. 

What clueless gamers actually paid this price for the the special edition. I hope they weren't expecting it to be the master edition.

Glad I put in a few pre-order on BBY yesterday morning for the special edition. If i can get this price for it come march, my brand new nintendo switch would be paid thx to BBY, GCU, eBay, and morons with money to burn.

savn5oL.png
Oh they know, that's actually the going rate for the special edition. The going rate for the Master edition is like $350. Crazy!!!

Oh they know, that's actually the going rate for the special edition. The going rate for the Master edition is like $350. Crazy!!!
Are they actually selling for $350?

I didn't expect to actual sell for that much.

This is the first time I've grabbed any zelda limited edition so I'm glad I paid the default price on Amazon for myself.

So the SE is not available for store pickup or shipping at a Bestbuy any longer. Not within 250 miles of me anyway. Makes me feel less regret about my pre order I placed a few days ago. Zelda SE and a Neon. It's only money right?? 💸💸💸

This is the first time I've grabbed any zelda limited edition so I'm glad I paid the default price on Amazon for myself.
For a stupid plastic sword? Man people are dumb

I got the $99 kit...mainly for the carrying case which seems to be $30 by itself.

But an extra $30 for a crappy looking plastic statue?

Honestly, I'll flip my preorder and probably just get the game by itself.

If you have GCU, get them at Best Buy with the Visa Checkout promo. Got them locked in for $9.59 each + tax ($11.99 for the Guardian)
No GCU, sadly. Don't shop at Best Buy often enough. I'm putting all my eggs (err, amiibo) in one basket.

Also I'm saving the Visa checkout in hopes Best Buy puts up the Switch Pro controller in time. :pray:

Just checked eBay and there are bids between $300-400. Craziness. I thought eBay policy prohibits listings items over 1 month out from release day?

Just checked eBay and there are bids between $300-400. Craziness. I thought eBay policy prohibits listings items over 1 month out from release day?
they are going through and cancelling auctions, just report any you see up and they will cancel it. ebay does not allow auctions with 30 day handling and day 30 pre order period, it must ship within 30 days and switch/master BOTW does not qualify until Feb 3d.

I had about a dozen on my watch list and all of them have vanished.

No GCU, sadly. Don't shop at Best Buy often enough. I'm putting all my eggs (err, amiibo) in one basket.

Also I'm saving the Visa checkout in hopes Best Buy puts up the Switch Pro controller in time. :pray:
You can use the visa checkout promo multiples times.

they are going through and cancelling auctions, just report any you see up and they will cancel it. ebay does not allow auctions with 30 day handling and day 30 pre order period, it must ship within 30 days and switch/master BOTW does not qualify until Feb 3d.

I had about a dozen on my watch list and all of them have vanished.
Why report them? These listings in no way effect you lol seems kind of petty. Sounds like you're just mad that these people got one. IF they get pulled down they will just put them back up in a couple weeks and having them taken off eBay will create an even larger market for them driving up the price.

We may see 2nd print wild Edition & I don't think Wild Edition is limited.  Master Edition is extremely Limited. Kinda sad nintendo did not print enough for Zelda Fans.

We may see 2nd print wild Edition & I don't think Wild Edition is limited. Master Edition is extremely Limited. Kinda sad nintendo did not print enough for Zelda Fans.
Nintendo never reprints CE's. They have so much on their plate right now with other in demand products(nintendo classic). I guarantee its not happening.

We may see 2nd print wild Edition & I don't think Wild Edition is limited. Master Edition is extremely Limited. Kinda sad nintendo did not print enough for Zelda Fans.
Actually Reggie said both versions are limited, just that Master Edition is more limited than Special Edition (which is pretty much what we've seen). Once both are gone, it's gone.

For those that are still looking for a special edition, target hasn't actually put it up yet. Its been coming soon since they put the listing up.

For those that are still looking for a special edition, target hasn't actually put it up yet. Its been coming soon since they put the listing up.
I wonder if Target just put the listing up by mistake. According to Nintendo both Master and Special Editions were only available to GameStop, Bestbuy, and Amazon, the same 3 retailers as the Majoras Mask CE. Also this wouldn't be the first time Target put up a listing for a Nintendo CE they weren't actually getting. Target also put up listing for Fire Emblem Fates SE, even had a DCPI number for it. Got tons of people's hopes up, but alas it was never available. Just a heads up!!!

I wonder if Target just put the listing up by mistake. According to Nintendo both Master and Special Editions were only available to GameStop, Bestbuy, and Amazon, the same 3 retailers as the Majoras Mask CE. Also this wouldn't be the first time Target put up a listing for a Nintendo CE they weren't actually getting. Target also put up listing for Fire Emblem Fates SE, even had a DCPI number for it. Got tons of people's hopes up, but alas it was never available. Just a heads up!!!
Target is listed as a retailer that will carry the Special edition.

www.zelda.com/breath-of-the-wild/buy-now

I really wanted the master edition but cant justify buying a switch after how much i played my wii u. If they had a wii u master edition id be all over it

I know bby sold out right away when did GS sell out?

I really wanted the master edition but cant justify buying a switch after how much i played my wii u. If they had a wii u master edition id be all over it

I know bby sold out right away when did GS sell out?
I'm getting both the Wii U standard version and the Master Edition for Switch. Selling the Switch game/game case once I receive the Master Edition.

Maybe someone here can help me out: I was able to pre-order both the Master Edition and SE from Amazon. I haven't had Amazon Prime in a few years, as I find myself shopping there less and less, especially now that I'm taxed. If I were to get Prime now, would the 20% discount apply when my orders ship out? I figured I would save around $50 on those two Zelda games alone, making the cost of Prime a much more palatable $50 or so. Some of the music and TV services might be worth it to me for that. TiA

That's not true about fire emblem... I know because I got one from them

You sure it was Target, I could've sworn it was Frys where you got yours from. I even remember the your story.
I got two sir, one from Fry's one from Target. Which was going to bring me to my other point, don't rule out Fry's come release week, the only indication they'll give though is their Sunday ad

I would say that was the easiest flips I did but I was obsessed trying to get those special editions, it wasn't easy.

Why report them? These listings in no way effect you lol seems kind of petty. Sounds like you're just mad that these people got one. IF they get pulled down they will just put them back up in a couple weeks and having them taken off eBay will create an even larger market for them driving up the price.
Having a listing pulled can't be good for an account, but I have no idea. And if it is obviously against ebay policy then I am all for people reporting them. I would love to go around and give scalpers a hard time, but I just don't care enough to as I got myself an euro edition.

Maybe someone here can help me out: I was able to pre-order both the Master Edition and SE from Amazon. I haven't had Amazon Prime in a few years, as I find myself shopping there less and less, especially now that I'm taxed. If I were to get Prime now, would the 20% discount apply when my orders ship out? I figured I would save around $50 on those two Zelda games alone, making the cost of Prime a much more palatable $50 or so. Some of the music and TV services might be worth it to me for that. TiA
Contact Amazon they will allow you to do so more than likely.

Probably. If it doesn't automatically apply, a quick email to customer service should get you the discounts no problem.

Frys also sold the majoras mask CE. Wonder why they got the shaft this time.

Check the bid history and look for bidders with 0 feedback, and/or the "new account" icon. eBay is filled with butthurt trolls who will create accounts and bid on this kind of stuff just to drive up prices, ruin auctions, then just not pay. It's ridiculous that eBay even allows this to happen with no repercussions.

Check the bid history and look for bidders with 0 feedback, and/or the "new account" icon. eBay is filled with butthurt trolls who will create accounts and bid on this kind of stuff just to drive up prices, ruin auctions, then just not pay. It's ridiculous that eBay even allows this to happen with no repercussions.
Oh it does prohibit that. Especially if in Cheapass fashion you list The Master Edition for less than what most are to still make a profit for being awake at 4 am but not gouging like others. I sold my copies with ease until someone reported my sales. Mine got pulled down, others....not so much. Just like someone else said, this benefits the ones that got them. If i wait to sell them until later, or when i receive the Master edition. I could make thousands! I'm just trying to get my Switch purchase price back. That's why I lost that sleep with work following.

Does anyone know if the case for the Special/Master edition will be sold separately? 

also sorry if I offended anyone with my sig last night ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Does anyone know if the case for the Special/Master edition will be sold separately?

also sorry if I offended anyone with my sig last night ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I haven't seen it in any of the revealed accessories, so it seems unlikely. There is one that's based on Links blue tunic, and it includes things like Joy-Con armor, analog stick grips, and I think a screen protector.

Yeah maybe I do feel entitled to at least het the same options in purchasing the game as new console buyers but once again Nintendo punishes people for supporting their previoud consoles.
Simple answer is stop supporting a company you disagree with how they handle business. That sends the loudest message possible to a business, even if it is just your lost sale. If everyone stuck to their convictions, eventually they will piss off enough people and lose enough business that they will be forced to listen to their fans. WiiU did abysmally because people said 'we don't like your shit'. They went back to the drawing board and repeated the same mistakes.

You bet your ass once they're facing further and further quarterly losses they will start listening.

bread's done
Back